Test Drive a Chrome Notebook

If it helps any of you. I had a package coming to my zip ETA'd about 12/20. But I checked earlier, it got pushed back a day. So it could be a thing happening with everybody or just me. Just puttin' it out there.

[quote name='HDShadow']If it helps any of you. I had a package coming to my zip ETA'd about 12/20. But I checked earlier, it got pushed back a day. So it could be a thing happening with everybody or just me. Just puttin' it out there.[/QUOTE]
Thanks!

[quote name='HDShadow']If it helps any of you. I had a package coming to my zip ETA'd about 12/20. But I checked earlier, it got pushed back a day. So it could be a thing happening with everybody or just me. Just puttin' it out there.[/QUOTE]

thanks i hope this is true with mine... its raining here in LA so i keep checking every hour to make sure it doesnt stay out in the rain...

[quote name='Nintendokid54']thanks i hope this is true with mine... its raining here in LA so i keep checking every hour to make sure it doesnt stay out in the rain...[/QUOTE]

It's raining here also, but until Wednesday. I just got back home and was hoping to find some special package, but it doesn't look like they were here. There was supposed to be one delivered to my area today and tomorrow. I wonder if A Gamer can do special look ups on his tracker...;):D

[quote name='Nintendokid54']thanks i hope this is true with mine... its raining here in LA so i keep checking every hour to make sure it doesnt stay out in the rain...[/QUOTE]
Raining here to but I Wouldn't expect that to push a package back :)

The only package going to my zip code isn't mine. :( I really thought it would be since most people that live around my area aren't very tech savvy.

I'm surprised they don't have a prototype for a tablet too. They could easily do something with an on screen keyboard.

I filled out the form but I doubt I'll be picked. I would actually test it out and submit feedback if I got one.

Just got mine today. Man, this thing is kinda badass! Definitely not sure this is "the" future of laptops, but it certainly could be "a" future. If you like Chrome and would mostly use a notebook for web browsing you will pretty much love the fuck out of one of these.

Though it is kinda creepy how you change the theme on the Chrome machine and like 30 seconds later your Chrome theme on the desktop will change to match.

How did you fill out your application? Also, for people who received there's after the ETA....Did UPS leave a notice behind to let you know they came by?

[quote name='hpv']Just got mine today. Man, this thing is kinda badass! Definitely not sure this is "the" future of laptops, but it certainly could be "a" future. If you like Chrome and would mostly use a notebook for web browsing you will pretty much love the fuck out of one of these.

Though it is kinda creepy how you change the theme on the Chrome machine and like 30 seconds later your Chrome theme on the desktop will change to match.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shadylane']How did you fill out your application? Also, for people who received there's after the ETA....Did UPS leave a notice behind to let you know they came by?[/QUOTE]
I think filling it out honestly would be the best way to go seeing as though this is a Beta program for Google ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

I hope this is so

[quote name='CactiNomad']What's Ground and 2nd Air?[/QUOTE]

They're types of shipping. Ground takes longer, usually 3-5 days, while 2nd air is two-day shipping.

If anyone gets one of these that shipped 12/17 or later, please post or PM me the tracking/reference number.

If you are paranoid, you can leave off the last couple digits from the tracking number and that will be all I need to know where to start searching for that batch.

Where are these shipping from? I wasn't home today, but there was a delivery attempt tag left on my door.

*edit* It's listed as 1lb, obviously not it.

ETA - Exception
* There was an exception encountered with this package. Delivery may be delayed.
W
T
F

First the track went down on the 20th, now today...this?
The only laptop that is coming to my zip code.
the anxiety is killing me...

Exception would mean that the package was attempted to be delivered but the receiver failed to receive it.

Funny thing...
i missed a package from Amazon yesterday around 7pm.
Unless the laptop was within that UPS car..there is hope!

OMFG! Man a UPS truck pulls up (keep in mine there is one scheudled for my city today) and delivers two packages to the people across the street, grr...

But I keep hope up, and I am waiting for the guy to get back in the truck and come to my house next, but nope. He just pulls away... =(

I guess the one on the tracker is not mine...

UNLESS, they have other UPS trucks going around town... =/

[quote name='A Gamer']If anyone gets one of these that shipped 12/17 or later, please post or PM me the tracking/reference number.

If you are paranoid, you can leave off the last couple digits from the tracking number and that will be all I need to know where to start searching for that batch.[/QUOTE]

So you do not have any of the shipments on friday on the tracker? Do you know if they sent out any shipments on the weekend, yesterday or today?

[quote name='shadylane']2 were shipped to my zipcode but 1 says "N/A" under Delivered?[/QUOTE]
It will probably fill in on the next update?

[quote name='cRodz']W
T
F

First the track went down on the 20th, now today...this?
The only laptop that is coming to my zip code.
the anxiety is killing me...

Exception would mean that the package was attempted to be delivered but the receiver failed to receive it.

Funny thing...
i missed a package from Amazon yesterday around 7pm.
Unless the laptop was within that UPS car..there is hope![/QUOTE]

Maybe it's the one in Kearny.

Just saw this thread and signed up. Looked likes I made the sign up before the cutoff later.
Hope I get picked.

How's the notebooks running guys?

[quote name='shadylane']is it an exception if they couldn't deliver because no one was home?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they can reattempt it the same day or the next night.

[quote name='shadylane']is it an exception if they couldn't deliver because no one was home?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dyeknom']Yes, they can reattempt it the same day or the next night.[/QUOTE]

They would probably just leave it at the door since a signature isn't required.

[quote name='curtst']They would probably just leave it at the door since a signature isn't required.[/QUOTE]

It may request an indirect signature, but if not... the driver may just feel uncomfortable leaving it on the doorstep.

[quote name='shadylane']2 were shipped to my zipcode but 1 says "N/A" under Delivered?[/QUOTE]

Same here. At least that gives me a bit of hope. I'm not sure what doing the application would really yield. No laptop, so I guess oh well, but still, that N/A gives me a bit of hope.

A Gamer, any chance you could do a custom look up? Maybe through PM?

Almost forgot, last minute sign-up. I'm sure it's too late to amount to anything, but at least I didn't miss the deadline.

[quote name='killer9']The battery in this thing is amazing i dont like the fan whirring really loudly when watching vids though[/QUOTE]

You are so lucky... :drool:

[quote name='tekssx']Maybe it's the one in Kearny.[/QUOTE]
lol wut?
no i dont live on Kearny.
Although i live around that town.

I am surprised Harrison, a smaller town, received one. :roll:

There were two that were scheduled to be delivered to my zip today. Only one has actually been moved to the top of the list. 3 more are scheduled to come tomorrow... here's hoping!

Oh wow! I had no idea you were even from Jersey, just took a shot at Kearny since I looked it up and it had an EXCEPTION on it.

Ya, I was quite surprised harrison got one as well... dang

I wish Jersey would get more, especially around my neck of the woods.

[quote name='tekssx']Oh wow! I had no idea you were even from Jersey, just took a shot at Kearny since I looked it up and it had an EXCEPTION on it.

Ya, I was quite surprised harrison got one as well... dang

I wish Jersey would get more, especially around my neck of the woods.[/QUOTE]
Yeah i was getting the heebie jeebies over here when you mentioned Kearny.
:hot:
like..what were the odds?

the only notebook coming over to my zipcode is still labeled as an exception.
There is still hope...

bread's done
Back