Text POWER to 24477 for free MS Points. [YMMV!]

raarar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
I saw this on a frito display when I was at work earlier today. Just do what the op says and you automatically win 160/400/800/1600 MS Points. It is one entry per phone number so just do what I did and get your family to enter too. I got 4 unique codes and earned 2560 points today. :D

EDIT: I don't think the deal is dead... Just it is ridiculously hard to get codes now. Further into the thread I see people who had to enter 20+ times just to get one code. If all else fails just keep trying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up, OP. Throw another 100 points on my stash. Now we just need a sweet XBLA sale so I can blow some of these space bucks before I wind up buying some avatar clothing and then hanging myself with my shoelaces!!!

Still trading a Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta Code for just 1 code, help a brother out, only 100 points away from Splosion Man, and all out of phones to use T.T.

Tried about 3 times 5 hours ago, only got the "out of code message". Then I tried it now, and got a 100 point code within seconds.

Now I have 370 points. Thanks microsoft point system! I can now get 92.5% of a full game!

[quote name='crazzzy stoner']damn just sent it, said there out of codes. Should i keep trying?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Be persistent and you shall arise victorious.

By any chance will they let you do this twice on one phone? Or is there some sort of work around or trick you can use? I REALLY dont want to have to charge 500 points just to get 100

Be warned, Doritos has recently changed their ToS and now you can no longer just text STOP to be removed from their mailing list. You have to physically mail a letter to be removed.

[quote name='grap3fruitman']Be warned, Doritos has recently changed their ToS and now you can no longer just text STOP to be removed from their mailing list. You have to physically mail a letter to be removed.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure that this isn't just a rumor? I just got a confirmation that I am off the mailing list merely by texting "stop".

[quote name='grap3fruitman']Be warned, Doritos has recently changed their ToS and now you can no longer just text STOP to be removed from their mailing list. You have to physically mail a letter to be removed.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DrMunkee']Are you sure that this isn't just a rumor? I just got a confirmation that I am off the mailing list merely by texting "stop".[/QUOTE]

There is absolutely no poof to this. I do believe that he is making a "joke" referring to all this ECA bs. Replying with stop is all that is needed.

BTW it just worked for me 3 min ago. Got 100msp. I had tried a few times throughout the day with no luck. So I just send 15 txts in a short amount of time and about halfway through reply txts it with there.

[quote name='DrMunkee']Are you sure that this isn't just a rumor? I just got a confirmation that I am off the mailing list merely by texting "stop".[/QUOTE]
It's a joke. The ECA recently declared they're renewing everyone's membership next cycle unless you mail them a physical letter.

Just got a code after 20+ texts. Now they're saying I've already entered so I guess it's a one time deal? Not sure how people reported getting multiples.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='jedeyeben']Just in case anyone was wondering... " I have the Power!" doesn't work[/QUOTE]
How bout "Turtle Power!"?

[quote name='Diebythesword']Yeah, how are some of you keep trying? Do you reply with STOP everytime you do it or do you just keep doing it?[/QUOTE]

You dont need to reply stop till after your done. send txt -> repeat x 20~, wait for msgs check to see if you got one. Reply with stop when you do get one or are over trying.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Just got a code after 20+ texts. Now they're saying I've already entered so I guess it's a one time deal? Not sure how people reported getting multiples.

Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Multiple phones.....

I just sent it twice..
first one said we're out of codes
the second gave me a code...hmmm.

EDIT: and oddly it was for 100 ms points.

[quote name='gordojones88']I'm getting a different "Sorry all out of codes" than the last few days. It seems more final.[/QUOTE]

I posted about this earlier. The switched the rejection message in the middle of the day today, but they are still handing out codes. I failed 25 times on my phone as I sat through a couple classes today until I finally got one.

Tonight, my wife's phone worked on the third try. That was at 9:30 PM EST. So codes still exist, even if it says they don't.

I have no idea how to tell when this is REALLY over though.

^^ just keep doing it till everyone says that they can't get anything with any amount of texts.

I got 4 100 pt codes within the hour using different phones, just had to resend over and over and over and over!

Just got back from my local verizon store, can you say demo phones :D picked up 10 codes in an hour of texting, got lots of the were sorry message, but just kept trying and eventually got all the phones I tried on to get me a code. definitely not dead. but I think all the codes are only 100 points now, as all 10 were . but I'll take 1000 points for free. thanks :D

Bah, i think they are really out now, managed to get a hold of a another phone, and cant get a code after 30 minutes, there goes Splosion Man T.T, 760 points ftw.

[quote name='k0ruptr']Just got back from my local verizon store, can you say demo phones :D picked up 10 codes in an hour of texting, got lots of the were sorry message, but just kept trying and eventually got all the phones I tried on to get me a code. definitely not dead. but I think all the codes are only 100 points now, as all 10 were . but I'll take 1000 points for free. thanks :D[/QUOTE]

Holy shit your pathetic.

I tried sending the message twice, but got two out of points messages. I was using an ATT phone for the adventure.

I tried sending one via google voice, but it choked on the number.

am I the only person who got a code, and stopped there? some of you guys are seriously some cheap motherfuckers

Seems to me the people who do it more times than you aren't cheaper, but smarter.

[quote name='unclenebber']Seems to me the people who do it more times than you aren't cheaper, but smarter.[/QUOTE]
Seems to me that people who can properly do a time vs. money equation would be the smarter ones. Hours at the Verizon store with demo phones for 1000 points? Um... yay?

Tried for half an hour this morning and getting nothing but the "Sry wr all out..." message. (AT&T)

Well what do you know, just got a code after another 15 minutes of trying.

100 points

That's all my phones, hopefully those of you that haven't gotten one yet will have better luck as more people exhaust their available phones.

bread's done
Back