The "10/14/10 - The Worst Hour Of Impact, No, Wrestling Ever" Wrestling Thread

Demo posted it 2 pages back and ROHBrazil has removed all uploads from his YouTube page due to HDNet's demand request demand (I was probably right the first time).

I managed to sit through all of TNA and TNA Reaction, and I have to say that despite the lack of wrestling, it was a decent show tonight.I hope I wasn't also the only one to catch this after the "master plan" reveal during Reaction...

Iffbu.jpg

Gotta say, I just went and watched the Mickie James/Sarita match and Winter's debut. I'm glad I was able to just watch those two individual clips on YouTube and didn't have to watch the whole episode.

It was great seeing Mickie in a great women's match that didn't feel like a cookie cutter match and it seemed like she was refreshed coming into TNA.

I really enjoyed Winter's debut! I like the whole supernatural gimmick and female admirer/stalker gimmick (ala Mickie's debut in WWE). So I'm watching....just YouTube bits at least.

@Neocisco: I will make sure I do that. I don't wrestle in GA much, but if I do it's usually around the Rome, GA area.

[quote name='neocisco']Demo posted it 2 pages back and ROHBrazil has removed all uploads from his YouTube page due to HDNet's demand request demand (I was probably right the first time).[/QUOTE]

Unless HDNet's deal with Comcast is bigger than announced, removing the video's from ROHBrazil is a big mistake. That was the only way I could watch ROH until I signed up for Dish Network this year. I'm sure this is how most people watch the show.

Now that I think about it. I wonder if this is more Comcast's doing than HDNet's?

So Nash says it takes 6-7 years for talent to actually draw money and that 35-40 are the prime years for wrestlers.

Jericho says he's full of shit, and Goldberg, Rock, Orton, and Cena are proof.

I haven't even gotten to watch NXT, Impact, or Reaction yet, so no comments on this week's shows at the moment (not that anyone cares), but I did find out last night that WWE is coming to Citizen's Business Bank Arena here in Ontario on December 5. How I hadn't heard about that already, I don't know.

I'm sure they'll do much better than the house show from TNA's first and only California swing, at which maybe 500 people were present in an arena that seats 9,000. Guess I'll head to the box office when I go to the arena for the reign home opener tomorrow night.

[quote name='integralsmatic']
Another lackluster show tonight. im getting bored with gigantic factions acting like the NWO. It was nice to see Red on TV but still cant believed they jobbed him to a Jersey Shore Gimmick.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Why job Amazing Red ? especially to those fucking posers (who admit to being posers ?!?! WTF). I swear, this show just gets worse each week.

Want a good laugh? Titus O'Neil accidentally tweeted a picture of his dong the other day and blamed it on hackers. No word if he's backtraced it yet.

He posted about being hacked 5 minutes after the dong was shown. Not only that, but he used the same application to do both.

I don't think he can make this a win.

Sarita was really hot last night. I just watched her match with Mickie James. I love her outfit. It's really sexy. Just the right amount of cheekiness :)

Mickie James was cute, too. I liked her country look, and she looked like she was really getting into the action and having a good time.

It was good to see Sabu wrestle alongside RVD. I hope they don't overRusso that storyline.

The second hour was overall a fair bit better than the first hour. Still way too much talking, though.

Smackdown is pretty good. I thought the Santino/Swagger match was going to be awful (and it kinda was), but there was plenty of wrestling.

EDIT: Holy fuck, I don't think anybody is going to be able to resist laughing at the ending. :rofl:

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Smackdown is pretty good. I thought the Santino/Swagger match was going to be awful (and it kinda was), but there was plenty of wrestling.

EDIT: Holy fuck, I don't think anybody is going to be able to resist laughing at the ending. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

How are you watching it? It hasn't even been on TV yet.

[quote name='Purple Flames']The Dragon Gate PPV is on now. I've been dying to check this promotion out for a long time.[/QUOTE]

And it starts as soon as you click it so I guess there will be no live chatting about it.

Anybody else flip off the TV when the "TV-PG" logo popped up at the beginning of the Stand Up For WWE promo?

[quote name='BlueSwim']Anybody else flip off the TV when the "TV-PG" logo popped up at the beginning of the Stand Up For WWE promo?[/QUOTE]

No, but I bitched about it on CAG.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I just started watching the Dragon Gate show.

BxB Hulk...omg. :rofl: Is his intro always like this?[/QUOTE]

Yes, and it's awesome!

[quote name='Chuplayer']No, but I bitched about it on CAG.[/QUOTE]:lol::lol::lol:

---

Have you heard that Connecticut voters aren't going to be allowed to vote if they show up to polling locations wearing WWE merchandise? Seriously, Connecticut!?
picture.php

[quote name='BlueSwim']:lol::lol::lol:

---

Have you heard that Connecticut voters aren't going to be allowed to vote if they show up to polling locations wearing WWE merchandise? Seriously, Connecticut!?
picture.php
[/QUOTE]

I can sorta understand that since it sorta fits into the rule here in NC (not sure if it applies in other states as well) that you can't wear merchandise affiliated with a certain candidate past a certain point near a voting place.

I'm not normally one for dramatics, but this PPV so far has opened my eyes. Still not even done with the first match, and I can already see the style differences between DG and the E.

Dragon Gate is incredible. I've been blown away by the few shows I've been to. Definitely a promotion more people need to know and watch.

[quote name='BlueSwim']:lol::lol::lol:

---

picture.php
[/QUOTE]

Good. It's irrelevant at this point as the election is all over save for the formalities.

But Vince McMahon lives in a naive world where his constant misunderstanding of first amendment rights gets to slap him right in the face. About time, although a man with his level of hubris would never get it anyway.

Just got home from visiting friends. Watched the Yankees die (yes!!!) and now I'm glad to crack a beer and fire up the Dragon Gate show. Who knew there was pro wrestling still around?

[quote name='mykevermin']But Vince McMahon lives in a naive world where his constant misunderstanding of first amendment rights gets to slap him right in the face. About time, although a man with his level of hubris would never get it anyway.[/QUOTE]

It runs in the family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqRD3R5mBfU

That's right. Stephanie compared the steroid trial of 1994 to 9/11 less than 2 days after the attacks

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe I'm about to type this, but I wouldn't mind it if Stephanie came back to TV, for a bit at least. As long as she can keep her screeching to a minimum, she does an A+ job as the bitchy authority figure. To me, she is leaps and bounds above Shane and Linda as an on air personality.

Was just watching the "This is your life" segment with Mick Foley and The Rock.. good memories.. Lawler's "Moses couldn't part her legs!" line was classic.

I was reading a few reviews of "Knucklehead" (not because I want to see it, but I love a good written review that thrahes the subject matter). I'm glad I did. I seem to recall a classic 3 Stooges short whose plot is damn near close to that of Knucklehead:

When an orphanage...is almost burned down by orphan-turned-hapless handyman Walter (WWE star Paul Wight), they have seven days to raise 25 grand for repairs.

More important than that, they referenced "professional wrestler Alex Karras" knocking out a horse in Blazing Saddles in 1974. I thought to myself "Mongo was a wrestler!?!?!" (also of note, shame on you if you've never seen Blazing Saddles). So I looked him up on IMDB only to discover...

MONGO WAS GEORGE PAPADAPOLOS FROM "WEBSTER." Holy fuck.

bread's done
Back