The "10/14/10 - The Worst Hour Of Impact, No, Wrestling Ever" Wrestling Thread

[quote name='HydroX']I don't think they'll put the belt on Barrett yet. Cena will probably 'screw' Barrett over or Husky/Hennig (I refuse to call him McGilliwhatever) interfere and Cena goes after them, or something...[/QUOTE]

If they don't want Barrett to get shuffled into mid-card hell, they need to put a belt on him.

this is the perfect time to put the belt on Barrett. we still have a good 5 months before Wrestlemania, he can still drop it, and we can have a different match for the belt at Mania. or who knows maybe the cena turning heel and barrett winning the belt will be enough to make him the mega heel. plus i still think it will be Cena vs. Undertaker at Mania - not for the title

Smart long-term money would put the belt on Barrett. Orton is over, but doesn't need the belt, nor does he have any obvious opponents.

Put the strap on Barrett, and suddenly Nexus has both Cena AND the title held hostage. Cena not only protects Barrett, but it tasked with keeping the belt on him, whatever the cost. Nice new dimension to things.

It needs a few months to simmer before boiling over, though. If they do it right, Cena vs. Barrett will be huge, and it finally gives them a reason to have Cena be the 'hero' of the WWE they've always wanted him to be.

I don't have enough faith in them letting this play out the right way, though. Considering how they totally botched putting the title on Orton, there's no reason to think this'll be different.

Sorry for the double post, on my phone.

In terms of the released guys in Smackdown, it's never bothered me. To me, the removal of someone immediately after they are released seems counterintuitive, since Smackdown has always been a snapshot of the previous year of WWE. I don't know, maybe other yearly sports titles through people off, since they're always current and about the new season.

In that light, released people make sense, since they were there during that year. Plus, it's not as if Mike Knox being in meant someone else didn't make it.

I mean, if HBK and Batista weren't in, that'd be weird, since they were huge parts of last year. I don't see Knox any differently, even if he didn't actually do much.

I think its hilarious Khali ain't in though.....must have been contract stuff

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Thank you for confirming my fears.

So we now have a roster containing the following released wrestlers:

Mike Knox
Matt Hardy
Shawn Michaels (understandable)
Mickie James
Shelton Benjamin
Batista (Don't think his contract is up yet... but will be soon)

Am I missing anyone?[/QUOTE]

Remember when Bret Hart was in WWF Warzone?

[quote name='strongpimphand']I think its hilarious Khali ain't in though.....must have been contract stuff[/QUOTE]Or that the team didn't want to use the resources on someone with less moves than John Cena.

Besides, we all know you guys would cry bloody murder if they did put Khali in the game and his ridiculous strength level puts everyone else in the game to shame.

[quote name='strongpimphand']I think its hilarious Khali ain't in though.....must have been contract stuff[/QUOTE]

Nope, almost the same reason they took out Daniel Bryan. That was when Khali was "moving" back to India to get back to his roots or whatever so they didnt know how long he'd be out so they took him outta the game, even though he returned a few weeks later and they dropped that storyline.

Regarding PPVs, outside of wanting to see Thiago Paulo decimate Diego Sanchez and make Joe Silva cry, I would like to see Wade Barrett win the WWE championship. Randy Orton has no need for the belt, and honestly, he's a forgettable champion. Industry folk have said that WWE wants to build new stars. Well, it's time for WWE to prove it, and help Barrett reach star status.

Do you think WWE could continue this John Cena heel turn train for another five weeks? Would the time cause the angle, and hype, to stagnate? If WWE can execute meritorious booking post-Bragging Rights, then I think it would be better for WWE history if they turned John Cena heel at, the next PPV, Survivor Series. WWE creative could hype his turn by comparing it to the Montreal Screw Job. Or, do you think any association with the Montreal Screw Job would be a bad idea?

This Sunday, at Bragging Rights, I expect Wade Barrett to order John Cena to assault Randy Orton, Cena will refuse, and Orton will nail his shitty Ace Crusher to stand as victor over Barrett. Barrett, by power given by the Anonymous Raw General Manager, will fire John Cena, and someone, maybe Vince himself, will appear, and give back Cena his job.

If I had any power in WWE, this Sunday at Bragging Rights, I would have Barrett order Cena to assault Orton, Cena will refuse, Orton will hit the RKO, Hennig-Rotunda will try to interfere, the referee will see them out of the building, and amidst the chaos, Cena will hop into the ring, hit his shitty Death Valley Bomb on Orton, and help Barrett win the WWE championship. Orton will feud with Cena for a while. Barrett will feud with the Miz. In order for Barrett to progress towards stardom, he must win the WWE championship this Sunday, and John Cena must turn heel. A Barrett-Cena feud would kill all hype Barrett has helped build for himself.

Pray that WWE does the right thing.

Khali's fun to use in the games, so I wish he was in. Oh well. Glad Knox is in, and Batista's contract has long since expired - he signed the extension to get him through the Over the Limit show, but he's been free and clear from WWE since then. He's apparently closer than ever to signing a deal with Strikeforce as well, according to the newest Observer.

Apparently HDNet has asked ROHBrazil to stop putting the weekly ROH show on YouTube. Kinda shitty by HDNet to do this since their channel has next to no carriage but I can understand it too since HDNet probably thinks ROH alone might get more people demanding their cable companies to carry HDNet.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Apparently HDNet has asked ROHBrazil to stop putting the weekly ROH show on YouTube. Kinda shitty by HDNet to do this since their channel has next to no carriage but I can understand it too since HDNet probably thinks ROH alone might get more people demanding their cable companies to carry HDNet.[/QUOTE]

Great. That was the only way I was able to watch the show. ROH should get on a channel that more than 8 people have. I'm not hardcore enough to pay extra money just to see ROH. They need to get on basic cable.

[quote name='Blackout']Great. That was the only way I was able to watch the show. ROH should get on a channel that more than 8 people have. I'm not hardcore enough to pay extra money just to see ROH. They need to get on basic cable.[/QUOTE]

HDNet does have some pretty good shows and movies besides ROH. Plus on Friday night they have MMA/Boxing stuff as well. I hear you however on that ROH needs to be on a more widely available network.... but on the downside is how many networks would give the leeway that HDNet gives to ROH?

[quote name='Demolition Man']HDNet does have some pretty good shows and movies besides ROH. Plus on Friday night they have MMA/Boxing stuff as well. I hear you however on that ROH needs to be on a more widely available network.... but on the downside is how many networks would give the leeway that HDNet gives to ROH?[/QUOTE]

I watch it sporadically on the Youtube channel, so I don't know what you mean. Are you talking about wrestling or storyline wise?

[quote name='Blackout']I watch it sporadically on the Youtube channel, so I don't know what you mean. Are you talking about wrestling or storyline wise?[/QUOTE]

I'm referring more towards the fact that HDNet runs with very few ads so that gives ROH more freedom to have longer/more matches per show. Not to mention that HDNet is paying for the production costs which is good for ROH.

Smackdown vs Raw 2011 got reviewed by IGN...8/10

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1129622p1.html

Personally, I only had a Wii last year and had that version, but had fun with it. Now that this year has rolled around and I have a PS3, I'm really excited for the game to have the options I didn't get to have last year. Just hope those transition moves aren't a huge pain in the ass...

Looks like Bret Hart is truly an exclusive character to Best Buy and they've even given the game an all new cover for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7zj8xjYT6To

If that's the case.. I hate to do it, but I'm picking it up at Best Buy. I have $20 off at K-Mart but.. I have to have Bret in my game. The creator tweeted that there's no other way to unlock Bret. I'm sure it's bullshit and he'll be released on the marketplace eventually, but Bret's still one of my all time favorites.

[quote name='Chuplayer']5 minutes of terrible talking so far. This isn't looking good.[/QUOTE]

fixed. I am actually going to try and sit through this one tonight so i can watch the botchfest known as RVD and Sabu.

Edit: can they stop with this Jersey Shore

I cant believe they are making Amazing Red Job to this guy. great....

[quote name='beane316']Smackdown vs Raw 2011 got reviewed by IGN...8/10

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1129622p1.html

Personally, I only had a Wii last year and had that version, but had fun with it. Now that this year has rolled around and I have a PS3, I'm really excited for the game to have the options I didn't get to have last year. Just hope those transition moves aren't a huge pain in the ass...[/QUOTE]
Seems Greg Miller had trouble pulling off even a simple body slam thanks to the changes made to the grappling engine. I think I'm going to wait until it's dropped in price a bit before I jump. Even $40 after K-Mart's $20 credit seems a little much for it, IMO.

[quote name='Scorch']Looks like Bret Hart is truly an exclusive character to Best Buy and they've even given the game an all new cover for him.

If that's the case.. I hate to do it, but I'm picking it up at Best Buy. I have $20 off at K-Mart but.. I have to have Bret in my game. The creator tweeted that there's no other way to unlock Bret. I'm sure it's bullshit and he'll be released on the marketplace eventually, but Bret's still one of my all time favorites.[/QUOTE]

Interesting.. still dont know where im going to pick this up.....Not that big of a Bret fan but the cover is nice

[quote name='Scorch']Looks like Bret Hart is truly an exclusive character to Best Buy and they've even given the game an all new cover for him.

If that's the case.. I hate to do it, but I'm picking it up at Best Buy. I have $20 off at K-Mart but.. I have to have Bret in my game. The creator tweeted that there's no other way to unlock Bret. I'm sure it's bullshit and he'll be released on the marketplace eventually, but Bret's still one of my all time favorites.[/QUOTE]

I watched that and there is only one thing I have to say.

After ten+ years, they are still using the same shitty animation of going through the top of Hell In A Cell? Where you do a bulldog and the guy falls back first while you grab hold of the side and swings down?

1) That's the Canadian cover to the game, so I can't help but imagine that's not the same case you'll find at BB on Tuesday.
2) The phrase "launch exclusive" leads me to think it's not the same thing as "exclusive."

I'd hate to interrupt the thriving TNA discussion, but I have some really cool news...

I (Cabana Man Dan) will be making my official return to the independent pro wrestling scene this weekend! It's been at least 2 years since I've been active and I'm stoked have a return!

I'm wrestling for Unchained Wrestling (www.unchainedwrestling.com) in Sandusky, AL against "Lean Beef" Ace Haven (Fitness Guru).

I'll be posting various videos of my current wrestling escapades and past clashes from time to time.

So until further video posts, I leave you with one of my favorite matches. I wrestled "Lightning" Mike Quackenbush on May 4th, 2007 for Full Throttle Wrestling in Fayetteville, TN.

Now this is was my all time dream match! Quackenbush was the number one reason I wanted to become a wrestler. I went to my first indy wrestling show when I was 14-15 while I was staying the summer at my mom's in New Jersey and I watched a fantastic show. It was a one night tournament in 2001 for the Jersey J-Cup. I watched in awe as "Lightning" Mike Quackenbush, Low-Ki, Shark Boy, The Amazing Red and several others totally tore the roof off the place.

After watching the one of the opening round matches, it was Quack vs. Amazing Red, I was hooked! I saw moves of all sorts used in this match. Submissions, high flying, technical and lucha libre! That pretty much sealed the deal, I had to take the next step in becoming a wrestler....

So I was really fortunate to have the chance to wrestle Mike 6 years later for the IWA Deep South championship. I didn't win, but I hold that match close to my heart.

So...yeah...how about the video of the match?

Part I
[youtube]HKEr87D_gFc[/youtube]

Part II
[youtube]dknEkr1oBkQ[/youtube]

If you have Twitter and would like to follow my wrestling adventures as Cabana Man Dan please follow me at www.twitter.com/cabanamandan

Last edited by a moderator:

IIRC there is supposed to be an extra way to unlock Bret. I'm all but certain he'll be DLC in a few months.

Yay, another Russorific segment. Only Russo could come up with absolutely ridiculous no DQ stipulations and still find a way to work around them. This is getting absolutely stupid.

[quote name='guyver2077']jesus wtf... so the VINTAGE rvd news was real.[/QUOTE]"Fixed".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jqYCXMfxd0

[quote name='diddy310']Katie Lea Burchill's new gimmick seems to be a lesbian stalker that may or may not be a ghost or vampire.[/QUOTE]I smell something in the near future involving Mickie James. I can also smell an Arby's Mickie James with melted cheese.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']We have another CAG wrestler? How neat! Maybe this one won't go corporate on us like BustaUppa did. :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

How would one go corporate on you CAGs?

[quote name='diddy310']Hrm..there actually was an Arby's commercial a few minutes after Mickie's match.[/QUOTE]It wasn't this one, was it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1Sbw52bBDw
I haven't seen that commercial in years.:lol::lol::lol:

---

I have more to say in this post, but first, a word from my sponsors...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31U3Awd3baQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDk5QOb1GRc

And now back to BlueSwim's latest Wrestling Thread reply...

---

Mickie James' vagina; some call it a reproductive organ, I call it the greatest product placement opportunity Arby's could have ever hoped for.

The Real Men of Genius commercials are thing of straight up dare i say genius! Favorite one is Fantasy football player guy and touch football player guy.

Another lackluster show tonight. im getting bored with gigantic factions acting like the NWO. It was nice to see Red on TV but still cant believed they jobbed him to a Jersey Shore Gimmick.

Missed the first ten minutes of Impact's audio due to a technical issue on my end, but luckily, they recapped everything well enough to where I understood what was going on - good job, they used to not do that kind of thing. I got the volume fixed in time to see Raven make a crack about RVD's pot use and get attacked for it. Then Robbie E beat Red in a minute after a TMZ video aired of Robbie E and Cookie. I think the video lasted longer than the match. Robbie's gear looks ridiculous - the getup fits him being Italian...which I guess he is, but that's about it.

Pope's strip club promo was amusing - I thought for sure when he said he'd come after AJ, it would be at the PPV in three weeks that they've announced nothing for. Nope, TV Title street fight on free TV. Match was good - not as good as their Lockdown match, but it couldn't be. This was a mid-level TV match with interference. I chuckled when AJ slapped Abyss on the ass given his views of THE G@Y COMMUNITY!?

Team 3D did their retirement match hype video - they actually announced a PPV match here. Themselves versus the Guns for the titles in their retirement match. Despite this being THE LAST MATCH OF THE BIGGEST TEAM OF ALL-TIME, it was never brought up again outside of a skit where their opponents, the world tag team champions, needed Velvet Sky's help to prevent Gen Me from beating them up. Speaking of Velvet, the skit where Miss Tessmacher came up to the BPs, which INCLUDES LACEY VON ERICH and of course, Velvet, for advice on how to wrestle, was hilarious. Not so much for Katie Lea debuting as Winter with a swank silver streak in her hair as, I guess, Angelina's biggest fan, or a ghost, or whatever she is, but for the notion that Lacey can teach anyone anything about wrestling.

Jarrett's promo was pretty good, and I liked Joe turning the tables on him briefly just to get destroyed in the end. Plus, Tenay went on another wacky rant and made goofy faces - so I got a huge kick out of this whole deal. RVD/Sabu vs. Beer Money was okay, I guess. Nothing really memorable about it other than the big RVD/Sabu brawl starting off with a COLLAR AND ELBOW TIE-UP.

Sarita's promo revolving around her bending over as much as possible was great. Mickie's with her riding on a face bronco was also about as good. The match was a fine showcase for each woman's ass and Mickie's cleavage. I liked the knockout kick at the end. Could have done without Tara coming out at the end, but it logically leads to either her versus Mickie at the PPV or Mickie versus Madison, so at least it made good booking sense.

Liked the Fortune beating of Anderson before the match. Didn't like the Ultimate X match taking ten minutes to tell the story of "heels gang up and beat Anderson up so he can't win". Also, using the ladder DOES violate the rules of the Ultimate X, which was done before, and they brought it up on commentary - still bugged me. Also, why couldn't they edit Kaz taking nine hours to get the X unhooked on a taped show?

Impact Screens -

WHEN IT COMES CRASHING DOWN AND IT HURTS INSIDE...

I'm thinking Arby's

Impact and Reaction Quotes -
Raven - Rob, go smoke another bowl… (Rob attacks him)
Taz - Oh oh oh, I love it - my man Robbie.
Tenay - HEY MY DUDE, let’s take everyone back to last week’s Impact.
Taz - Everyone’s on edge backstage - this is the first Impact, technically, without DIXIE CARTER.
Tenay - To not have the presence of OUR FORMER TNA PRESIDENT, DIXIE CARTER, is strange. It’s THE TRUST FACTOR. WE KNOW WE CAN TRUST DIXIE!
Sign - I want Nookie With Cookie.
Robbie - LETHAL BRO, LOOK WHAT I JUST DID TO YOUR HOMEBOY, RED. I’M GONNA DO IT TO YOU AGAIN MY DUDE, AND I’M GONNA BLING OUT THE X TITLE. Because we’re tan, we’re hot, and bro, you’re not!
Cookie - JERSEY’S IN THE HOUSE, BITCHES!
Taz - I love that line right there. Cookie’s quite the little lady.
Taz - Not a hair out of place, and he’s got fantastic grammar.
Kendrick - Mick, on pg. 98, it says that in the kitchen, there was a picture of dogs - now this makes me think of other poets who write for the heavens - Bob Dylan. Was that your intent? To write for the heavens or something else?
Mick - This book works on so many different levels, that it might, it might affect your ability to enjoy it if I gave you my interpretation.
Kendrick - Could you…make it out to Spanky please?
Mick - I still call you Spanky.
Storm - Why do STD? RVD? DVD? We are the greatest baby!
Kaz - A ONE-LEGGED MAN CAN’T WIN AN ASS-WHIPPING CONTEST SO HOW CAN A ONE-ARMED ASSHOLE BEAT ME IN AN ULTIMATE X?
AJ - Ric, can you get the belt?
Flair - Here it is…
AJ - YOU GOT ICED!
(to BPs, WHICH INCLUDE LACEY VON ERICH)Tessmacher - Please teach me out to wrestle. Give me some advice.
Velvet - Here’s some - KISS MY ASS!
Tenay - Where’s Pope’s money?
Taz - I guess money’s tight.
Taz - AJ’s the longest-reigning TNA Champion in history.
Tenay - What about Bischoff planting the seeds of doubt in RVD?
Taz - Well, RVD is familiar with seeds and plants…
AJ - I’M TOO GOOD - TOO GOOD FOR HIM! (does a jig, gets punched)
Taz - The acting ability of Fortune is like Pacino and DeNiro!
Pope - Everybody needs somebody every now and then.
Devon - We’ve accomplished more than any other team in this business.
Ray - Alexander the Great realized that there was no land left to conquer and began to cry - that’s like us. At Turning Point, it’s our last match. Devon’s got a big family, and I’ve got a music career I’m looking to pursue.
Jarrett - I came out here tonight to publicly apologize for what I did to you, Kurt. I wanna apologize for humiliating you in front of the entire world, Kurt. Kurt, if you were standing right here in this very ring, I would tell you how much I deeply regret…
Crowd - KING OF NOTHING!
Jarrett - Kurt, I would tell you how much I deeply regret…NOT BEATING THE CRAPPING HELL OUT OF YOU MORE THAN I DID.
Tenay - THAT’S DISGUSTING.
Jarrett - THE KING IS BACK ON TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN ONCE AGAIN! AND KURT, YOU’RE GONE - GONE FROM TNA FOREVER! And just like many before here in TNA, and certainly many more to come, I MADE YOU AND I BROKE YOU! But you know what the ironic thing is? Out of my kind, gracious heart, I gave Kurt a job when NO ONE WANTED HIM. Kurt, I’ve stripped you of everything. Your dignity. Your pride. Your honor. Oh, and your precious, precious career! And let’s not forget, Kurt… (Joe comes out)
Tenay - JOE IS PISSED!
Tenay - HE THREW JOE OFF THE SIDE OF THE RAMP! JEFF, YOU TURNED YOUR BACK ON ALL OF US!
Jarrett - Looks like Joe needs a little help, doesn’t it guys?
Tenay - RVD and Sabu are like brothers…YOU’D SAY THE SAME ABOUT RVD AND JEFF HARDY WOULDN’T YA!?
Taz - Well…no… They weren’t friends as long.
Tenay - WHAT!? A FRIENDSHIP’S A FRIENDSHIP!
Kaz - Ric, what you are to 60 minute matches, I am to Ultimate X.
Taz - She’s got those John Nord boots.
Taz - Never thought I’d say John Nord’s name during a Knockouts match.
Tenay - Sarita with the rack.
Taz - Rack?
Tenay - TORTURE RACK.
Taz - Yeah, I know. Lex Express deal.
Tenay - WOAH WOA WAH!
Taz - TARA!
Taz - Here comes Anderson’s partner…
Tenay - Opponent…
Taz - OPPONENT!
Tenay - HOW’S ANDERSON GONNA CLIMB!?
Taz - Sloppily - that’s a word.
Tenay - This is tough to watch.
Tenay - He’s looking underneath the ring…
Taz - Is there a prosthetic arm under there?
Taz - Are ladders allowed In an Ultimate X?
Tenay - HE’S A ONE-ARMED MAN.
Flair - I’M BLEEDING AGAIN. Haven’t even wrestled tonight and I’m bleeding.

TNA Reaction

Hardy - fuck Rob Van Dam and fuck TNA.
Storm - If you watch the episodes, this all works out. It’s no accident that we were the first ones to greet Flair when he debuted in TNA.
Bischoff - We had a simple 4 part plan to get the company away from Dixie - part 1 - get TNA’s biggest monster on our side. Part 2 was easy - after a personal dispute, Dixie took Jeff’s power.
Jarrett - I can’t tell you how we did this - but we did it!
Bischoff - It wasn’t until Dixie compared Hulk Hogan to what EV2 did in the ‘90s, it was a comment she would live to regret forever.
Douglas - Dixie should go back to her old job - whatever that was. Sitting on the beach.
Abyss - It shows how ignorant Dixie is to compare the careers of Flair and Hogan, WHO PUT THIS BUSINESS ON THE MAP, to EV2.
Hardy - RVD won’t live in my light anymore - he’ll be in my shadow.
Roode - WE’RE THE A-TEAM!
Storm - We should buy Dixie “Wrestling For Dummies”
Roode - She’d be on the cover.
Storm - You didn’t see Abyss attack Jeff Hardy - it was all part of the plan.
Hardy - I am the antichrist of pro wrestling and I walk on water.
Hardy - Hogan and Flair are living vicariously through me.

That's bad news about ROH & HDNet. ROHBrazil's uploads are the only way I can watch the show. I like it but I'm certainly not ponying up more money for the next tier of channels just for one hour of programming.

Pepsi Driver, post if you ever have a match in GA. I might be able to make it.

[quote name='neocisco']That's bad news about ROH & HDNet. ROHBrazil's uploads are the only way I can watch the show. I like it but I'm certainly not ponying up more money for the next tier of channels just for one hour of programming.

Pepsi Driver, post if you ever have a match in GA. I might be able to make it.[/QUOTE]

link to story please?

bread's done
Back