The 2006 NBA Offseason thread. Team USA, road to the *edit* bronze medal?

So, is this the official NBA thread?

It appears Chicago won't be able to re-sign Songalia since Ben took up most of their cap. I hope Detroit gets him....it would be fitting. They need some good reserves. We still need a GOOD center though.

Thus far:
C Nazr
F Rasheed
F Tayshaun
G Rip
G Billups

Bench
McDyess
Lindsey Hunter
Delfino
Dale Davis
Maxiell
Alex Acker
Amir Johnson
Chiek Samba (playing in Europe this year?)
Will Blalock (2nd round pick)

It appears they are doing decent in the Vegas League thus far....Acker and Amir and Samba.

[quote name='doubledown']So, is this the official NBA thread?

[/quote]

I guess so. I changed the thread title to indicate offseason discussion as well.

[quote name='doubledown']So, is this the official NBA thread?

It appears Chicago won't be able to re-sign Songalia since Ben took up most of their cap. I hope Detroit gets him....it would be fitting. They need some good reserves. We still need a GOOD center though.
[/QUOTE]

Songalia is a nice young forward. He's got range and a okay layup on the inside.
But he had major surgery on his leg and didnt play the last month of last season. I hope he makes a full recover.

Bulls really dont need his help anymore. We are stacked at the 4 spot.

The Raptors look pretty good, with the starting lineup like:

C : Nestarovic/Bargnani
PF: Bosh
SF: Graham/Garbajosa
SG: Peterson
PG: Ford

Should be a playoff team, anyway.

[quote name='DT778']any updates on eddie griffin?[/quote]

I haven't heard anything else. It's a sticky situation. :joystick:

Had to do it. :lol:

[quote name='alucard8319']Adrian Griffin has agreed to a three-year contract with the Chicago Bulls.[/quote]

i watched that guy in the playoffs...whenever he got the minutes, he was very productive...nice pickup for the bulls (once again)

Songalia went to the Wizards.

Detroit pikced up Ronald Dupree (again). You, Me and .....

Looks like they still are not confident with Delfino. I hope they give the youth a chance too this year like Acker and Amir Johnson

[quote name='trytej']I think Brandon Roy is gonna be Rookie of the Year.

What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

He has potential. Foye and Morrison have also been doing well.

Bulls news
JR Smith has already been traded to the Nuggets for Eisely and two 2nd rounders.

I dont like this trade but it works out. I really wanted to see what Smith can do.
I guess Paxson is working on another trade because Bulls dont need that many picks with all the young talent we already got.

Nuggets will get to fill that SG spot they needed and a great young talent.

[quote name='trytej']I think Brandon Roy is gonna be Rookie of the Year.

What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

I'm going Cheik Samba ;) j/k

Although, he is looking good in the Pistons Vegas team.

[quote name='RandomNPC']Adam Morrison will probably get it because his stats will be stuffed playing on a crappy Bobcat team.[/quote]

hey, they're not crappy...they were just plagued by injuries...the only thing morrison will help them with is scoring...if that's enough to win ROTY, then so be it

Its crazy how much the Sonics sucked last season compared to the 04-05 season, with the only difference being Antonio Daniels.

Edit: Another drafted 7 footer for Seatlle, maybe this guy Sene can actually produce unlike the other 3 or 4 centers they already have.

Phoenix Suns' Steve Nash sports his new-look buzz cut at a camp for high school basketball players on Wednesday, July 19.
060720_steve_nash_300.jpg

Nash is screwed, Ginobili trimmed his hair last season and his game turned to shit!:razz:

[quote name='bobo2k4']Whats the news with Al Harrington? Is he back with the Pacers? Who did Pacers trade for?[/quote]

I think he's expected to go back with the Pacers from the Hawks through a sign and trade.

when does josh smith's contract end? it would be sweet if charlotte could get him soon before he gets too huge...smith + gerald wallace = blockmania

[quote name='alucard8319']Restricted free agent Jared Jeffries signed an offer sheet with the New York Knicks yesterday, according to NBA sources. The offer covers five years and is worth around $30 million and uses the Knicks' mid-level exception -- a first-year salary of $5.2 million.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/28/AR2006072801323.html[/QUOTE]

Whats with with the Knicks? Why do they need another guard/forward?
They already got Jalen, Q-Rich and just drafted Blakman.

[quote name='bobo2k4']Whats with with the Knicks? Why do they need another guard/forward?
They already got Jalen, Q-Rich and just drafted Blakman.[/quote]

Unless they are planning some massive trade to actually improve their roster, I have no idea what they are doing.

Nene's maximum $60 million contract after playing only 2mins and 30 seconds of last season has got to be one of the dumbest signings in a long time. Now Drew Gooden's agents, Bill Duffy and Calvin Andrews are holding out and looking for something similar to what Denver offered Nene. Rumors say Cavs could sign Reggie "Loose Ball" Evans for a far cheaper amount and still have some money left over for FA signings.

and to think...reggie's little brother is being claimed as the next lebron...sucks to have looseball evans as his big brother :lol:

[quote name='"ESPN"']
The NBA is changing the way teams are seeded in the postseason, looking to avoid the controversy that surrounded last season's playoffs.

Starting in the upcoming season, the top four seeds -- the three division winners and the second-place team with the best record -- will be seeded according to their win-loss total, guaranteeing that the top two teams in each conference can't meet until the conference finals, the league announced Wednesday.[/quote]

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2537369

I told you guys during the season they'd change the way they seed the playoff teams. Last season, what happened to the Mavs and Spurs, was a travesty.

I still dont know why they seperated the divisons.
It was fine the way it used to be with just East and West.
It showed what teams were good and what teams were bad now we got entire crap divisons like the Atlantic and overpowered ones like Southwest or Central.

[quote name='bobo2k4']I still dont know why they seperated the divisons.
It was fine the way it used to be with just East and West.
It showed what teams were good and what teams were bad now we got entire crap divisons like the Atlantic and overpowered ones like Southwest or Central.[/QUOTE]

They should put Portland in the South-central division. Maybe the Bengals, too.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']They should put Portland in the South-central division. Maybe the Bengals, too.[/quote]

Oh no you didn't! :whistle2:# :lol:

Looks like Eddie has some fans.
http://www.realgm.com/src_feature/647/20060803/eddie_griffins_escalade_sells_for_$201000_on_ebay_auction/

Even after beating off in it some people just love sports collectibles.

Usa vs Puerto Rico tonight on ESPN 11e/10 central

Amare Stoudemire was dropped Thursday from the U.S. roster for their trip to Asia. The remaining 14 man roster must be reduced to 12 before the world championships begin in Japan on Aug. 19.

[quote name='swetooth9']i tried to do a completed search, but found nothing :([/QUOTE]

Yea I couldnt find it either. Maybe fake?

[quote name='alucard8319']Usa vs Puerto Rico tonight on ESPN 11e/10 central

Amare Stoudemire was dropped Thursday from the U.S. roster for their trip to Asia. The remaining 14 man roster must be reduced to 12 before the world championships begin in Japan on Aug. 19.[/quote]

speaking of the usa team, is this team the best team usa can get? i mean...are brad miller, shane battier, and antawn jamison really the best players that were willing to join team usa?

[quote name='swetooth9']speaking of the usa team, is this team the best team usa can get? i mean...are brad miller, shane battier, and antawn jamison really the best players that were willing to join team usa?[/quote]

2 players will be left off the team to make it 12 so maybe 2 of the 3 will be cut. you also need bench warmers/garbage time players as well. shane battier isn't bad as he is a very good defender. antawn jamison is a scorer and pretty good offensive rebounder. as for brad miller, he's a......................well...................he was an all star one year.

Bruce Bowen has his killer D, the only thing that might hurt him is his average offense; his ability to only hit corner 3's. Its a toss up between him and Battier for a spot imo.

[quote name='alucard8319']Bruce Bowen has his killer D, the only thing that might hurt him is his average offense; his ability to only hit corner 3's. Its a toss up between him and Battier for a spot imo.[/QUOTE]

I would rather have Bowen than Battier. Bruce has shut down D while Shane is just a decent role player....also Battier is just too ugly to look at.:bouncy:

[quote name='swetooth9']speaking of the usa team, is this team the best team usa can get? i mean...are brad miller, shane battier, and antawn jamison really the best players that were willing to join team usa?[/quote]

Probably not, but after the last debacle they were set on mixing role players and superstars.

bread's done
Back