The 2013-14 NFL Thread

Glad Dierdorf is retiring. The only thing the punter can do there is attempt a forward pass to return the ball to the orginal line of scrimmage. Getting tackled there is an auto field goal.

he wasn't taking the safety...he lucked out and it ended up that way

Lol at Pats fans
But he should of in that situation. He should have picked the ball up and thrown it out of the back of the end zone. Right play 100% of the time if the ball is snapped over the punters head anywhere near your own goal line. Give up the 2pts and make the other's teams offense earn a touchdown rather then giving them the ball inside the five.

But he should of in that situation. He should have picked the ball up and thrown it out of the back of the end zone. Right play 100% of the time if the ball is snapped over the punters head anywhere near your own goal line. Give up the 2pts and make the other's teams offense earn a touchdown rather then giving them the ball inside the five.
Yeah that would be the right play. Stop the chance of an easy touchdown or field goal.

I also thought it was weird that the announcer even suggested that a field goal there was better than the safety.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get the refs. In the regular season they call a crapton of penalties, but I don't think any of the playoff games have had a combined double digit penalty game.

I respect Luck, and he's put in some amazing throws, but the past two weeks, I've seen him make some atrocious throws and decisions. I remember last week, he also had a throw where he just stared straight at his man and still threw it like the first interception he threw today, and there were also some of those throws behind his man as well.

Also, I must say I love Jamie Collins. Almost as much as LaGarrette Blount.

Lol The ref is standing 2 feet away from that touchdown and still ruled that Td a incomplete pass like the blind dumb ass that he is, the fucking drag marks are sitting right there that everyone had to point out to him to notice. Sad thing is if Harbaugh didn't get that penalty called on him it really looked like they weren't gonna bother reviewing the play, how pathetic.

colinmocks.gif

People destroying Kaep on twitter. I wonder why so many people dislike him.
Because it's Twitter, a soapbox for idiots since 2006.

Cam's pocket instincts have not been as good as the past few games, and the Panthers got a huge break on that penalty there.

edit: aaand that's pretty much game over.

That's why you don't pick Carolina in that game. Shot themselves in the foot every chance possible.

They have a nice foundation going forward though.

Please don't bring that Lebron shit into the nfl Cam.

833188962.gif

EDIT: lol  play is ruled dead but yet somehow its ok to continue pushing Rivers backwards and then tackling him to the ground, ok

Lol so instead of the holding call  which would have been the correct call, Denver gets some bs gifted PI call on incidental contact on a uncatchable ball that was like 10 ft  away to get 30+ yard gain

Such a shame, Rivers seemed like he was the only that came to play. Meanwhile his o line couldn't block for shit, letting 3 man rushes get pressure on Rivers, Couldn't line up properly leading to numerous delay of games. It was amazing watching Rivers call for the ball about 10 times and the center still didn't snap the ball.

Defense falling for Omaha about 20 times. And then the coaching was absurd. Mike Mccoy coached like he was secretly a mole trying to help Manning not become another 1 and done.

Denver's defense is complete trash and you wait till the 4th to realize that? Like  running the ball down 17 on 3rd and 10 against a stacked box is gonna fucking work. 

Now of course Espn will overrate the fuck out of Denver's performance for about a week and now talk about Brady vs Manning 29 as if anyone actually gives a shit lol. I mean seriously Brady has nothing to prove at this point. Hes beat Manning more than enough to the point where Manning would never catch up so who cares about this matchup.

At least there was a little bit of drama near the end of the Broncos game, but this weekend was a dud to set up for some good matchups next week. On one side, you've got two of the most accomplished veteran QBs in NFL history. The other features two of the most promising young QBs in the league.

So...all the teams I actually like are gone. Who the hell do I root for now?
I'm rooting for the 49ers as all that's left in the AFC is trash so I'm going with NFC and a Harbaugh brother. I would love to see Manning decapitated and I could care less to see another Lombardi trophy go to Foxboro.

I'm rooting for the 49ers as all that's left in the AFC is trash so I'm going with NFC and a Harbaugh brother. I would love to see Manning decapitated and I could care less to see another Lombardi trophy go to Foxboro.
49ers have 5 championships, Patriots have 3...

bread's done
Back