The 2013/2014 NBA Thread (LBJ is a Cav)

Wait, so how the hell is Anthony rumored to be waiting to see where James will sign if the only way they could end up on the same team is if everyone on the Heat take massive paycuts which just so happens to go against all of the other rumors that the Heat players wouldn't be taking the massive paycuts required to fit him under the cap?

10 days is too long for all of these sports writers to keep their stories together.

Gasol is rumored to have asked Scott Brooks a bunch of questions about living in middle America instead of Los Angeles.

So Gasol to the Knicks confirmed.

PS: I don't know why there is this ongoing belief that he will be willing to sign a low salary deal just to be on a contender. He already has 2 rings so tagging along on an established squad doesn't do much for his legacy. He's gonna take the big money deal that will be left on the table after James and Anthony pick their teams and other teams are left with cap space and nothing to show for it.

Its their 2016 pick, top 10 protected in '16, '17' or '18, unprotected in '19
I guess that's all right as long as they don't trade away all of their picks to keep Lebron happy like last time, though David Griffin seems like a smart enough GM to know the limits to that stuff.

LeBron will make his decision at 6 PM EST today on his website.

As of now, it is expected that he signs with the Cavs. His wife and kids are headed back to Cleveland today. It was also reported that he talked to Mike Miller and possibly Ray Allen about joining him if he were to leave the Heat. Coincidentally, the Cavs have reached out to Mike Miller, Ray Allen, and James Jones today as well. It is also rumored that LeBron and his agent told Pat Riley to not make a pitch for their meeting today. Also throw in the fact that the Cavs gave up a lot to clear up cap space.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any source you can share on this? It isn't anywhere I can find and he's supposed to meet with Reilly at 6pm ET in Vegas.
https://twitter.com/SamAmicoFSO/status/486932271115800576

Also Carmelo Anthony is reportedly staying with the Knicks

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/486960985190584320

Wait, so how the hell is Anthony rumored to be waiting to see where James will sign if the only way they could end up on the same team is if everyone on the Heat take massive paycuts which just so happens to go against all of the other rumors that the Heat players wouldn't be taking the massive paycuts required to fit him under the cap?

10 days is too long for all of these sports writers to keep their stories together.
Well at midnight all these local beat reporters are just going to make up more shit for hits.

Alright I misread that LeBron tweet, sorry for the wrong info haha

Anyway..

The Mavs plan to sign Parsons to a 3 year $45 million deal.

"A source" on twitter... Still waiting for that done deal with KLove going to the Warriors to be official.

Do you guys think the Cavs will repost the old letter to Lebron or write a new one once he resigns with the heat?

Um, there's nothing there to educate myself on but I'll assume you're going with writing a new one since the old one had been deleted twice.

Alright I misread that LeBron tweet, sorry for the wrong info haha

Anyway..

The Mavs plan to sign Parsons to a 3 year $45 million deal.
That Parsons deal really paints the Rockets in a corner if they're serious about Bosh.

And it's not like they can cry foul about a team offering one of their RFAs a massive deal.

Expect Melo to start bitching about winning and wanting to be traded in about 2 years.  And these sources love to come up with the stupidest shit. Earlier in the month everyone said talks broke down with the lebron and Miami and yet this guy was on vacation with his family.

How pathetic will Houston look if/ when they strikeout on FA.

If i were Minnesota, id demand everything i could from Cavs for Love. Wiggins waiters and whoever else i could fleece from them.

Really shocked no one is giving Phoenix a shot, they have cap space , lot of picks, a team without any superstar that  was in playoff contention, good coach. They're set way better than alot of the teams in the league.

Rockets are in a very tight spot, they have like a 7-8 hour window to hurry and sign bosh then match the offer sheet. So they need Bosh to make up his mind asap

I'm having trouble finding a decent and up to date site with salary info, but Houston didn't have the necessary room to sign Bosh (especially to a max deal) until they traded Lin....

Edit: Looks like they can go over the salary cap by signing Bosh and THEN matching the Dallas offer sheet. Seems weird to me, I would have figured that Parsons would then become a $15 million or however much cap hold instead of the $1 million until they renounce the rights to him. I guess now it's a matter of if they're willing to push up against the tax and what they'll have to give up as a sweetener to any Lin trade.

Damn, the NBA always has to make this stuff so confusing. I had thought Parsons had a year left on his contract and it seems he did until Houston declined their team option. Now instead of competing with teams looking to overpay in 2015 they have to compete with a team overpaying in 2014.

Well played, Houston. Best GM in the biz, this Morey fellow.

You can go above salary cap to sign your own players. Parsons hold is 2.8 millon dollars. His raise doesn't impact the cap until he Rockets match it.

Morey decided it was worth the overpay this year to have the opportunity to keep his rights.

Rockets are screwed. The Pelicans haven't found the cap space to absorb Asik's contract yet. So to able to get Parsons and Bosh the Rockets need to dump Lin and Asik and get Bosh to sign before the 3 day window is up

The 72 hour clock on Parsons hasn't started yet. Donnie Nelson said the offer sheet won't be submitted until tonight. "We have until 12 o'clock tonight to make an offer and we're kind of processing thru that right now." - Donnie Nelson, the Mavs GM.

This could possibly be them unloading Asik and Lin so they can grab Bosh. Sign and trade may be in the works...Idk why else they'd wait so long.

I really hope the Bulls go after Lance Stephenson. While crazy, the dude can create his own shot and plays solid defense. Also he is only 23. Besides we all need a little crazy in our life right?

Finally. Next couple days going to be crazy now. Expect Ray Allen to sign with the Cavs as well, he made it known that he goes where LeBron goes.

lebetrayalwkbns.gif

I'm off to enjoy some Summer League. Today is the first day of Vegas' Summer League and the Mavs open it vs the Knicks. You guys have a wonderful day with all the moves that are about to go down.

I'm going early to grab some front row seats. Look for a dude decked out in Mavs and that'll be me.

I expect Bosh to sign with HOU, meaning they'll match the Parsons deal as well, by the time I get home.

Cavs have offered Waiters, Bennett, and a 1st for Love.

Reports saying stars "aligned" for Luol Deng to sign with the Suns, talks with other teams still going on

Rockets talking to Lakers about taking Lin.

Well, Lin should do quite well being reunited with Mike D'Anto.....

Oh, shit.

And I don't know if Bennett can be redeemed, but Minnesota would be foolish if their negotiations didn't start and end with at least Wiggins. Cavs have enough first overall picks. Throw someone else one for once.

This goes into the (I think Bill Simmons's) philosophy of never trading a dollar for 4 quarters. Bennett and a late first rounder? Get out of here, Cleveland. (Not that Love is gonna make it easy for the T'Wolves. Zero playoff appearances and being a pain on the way out? Oh, how they must wish they had received some of that patented David Stern lottery magic that year instead of Chicago.)

bread's done
Back