The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
My local store gave me a pack of tarot cards when I showed them my proof of purchase. Apparently they only received 5 and two customers have picked theirs up already, so I would visit the store ASAP if you want one.
5 seems to be the magic number for stores. Not even enough to cover most in-store preorders. Shame on gamestop. I'll be there tomorrow when they open, but im not holding my breath.

Its going to go for a lot more then $40 on ebay if the number above stands true.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at gamestop reddit seems like a lot of stores do not have enough for sure. Wonder how this is going to work
From what i just read, basically online orders are sol. In store orders are getting priority at most stores and they didn't even get enough to fully cover those.

They came in bundles of 5. Employees are getting first dibs as well.

That is honestly wack. Last time I pre ordered a game they barely even had any to just fulfill pre orders. That’s what pre orders are for. I’d be really hesitant to pre order from GameStop but I mainly pre order from them when they have an exclusive item anyway so that’s pretty annoying

Bonuses are made by the vendors(so in this case Nintendo), not Gamestop.  It's shit all around but it's Nintendo keeping the supply low.

when did the etb jump to 59.99? I swore it was 49.99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
49.99 is usually for etbs with 8 packs. This set has 10. It's what they call a "hoiliday set" meaning they aren't sold as individual booster packs.

did you atleast get a confirmation email that it shipped?
I got a confirmation for Sephiroth, but nada for Fire Emblem.

From my past experience a price adjustment with something above the threshold for one of these promos i.e. above $10 or $20 down will not automatically trigger the deal. I have always been denied the "double adjustment". Your receipt looks like it did not drop the Torna price to $10. I also got a price match on Torna recently, but did not try to get it with 3 other under $20 so it very well could be working. I would be cool to know if it does work, but it has not worked for me in the past. Nice haul by the way...
Yea, I do think I remember one employee years ago somehow letting me use a $5 monthly coupon to drop a $35 game to 29.99 to qualify for a B2G2 or something like that.. miss that guy.. promoted to SL then disappeared when SL2 was a thing.

Did they fix the exploit that let you use your $5 in store then again online?
I still have to use mine in-store first, then online.

I tried to visit my local store earlier this week at 7pm or so and was greeted with their new store hours:

Sunday - Thursday: 12pm - 5pm

Friday - Saturday: 12pm - 6pm
And random 15-30 minute closures so they can pee/eat (at the same time) when it's single coverage.

There are going to be a boat load of store closures in the next 45 days or so, might as well just prepare yourself for it.
My local stores are all good, unfortunately it seems one of the SL2 (that doesn't CAGs) is in training to be the next district manager...

Super Mario 3D All-Stars for Switch showing $40 base trade at GameStop. I don't remember the last time a Switch game had a base value of $40, if ever.
According to my records, last time I traded in 3D Allstars, I got $56 for it.. so guessing 35 base + 60% at the time.

From what i just read, basically online orders are sol. In store orders are getting priority at most stores and they didn't even get enough to fully cover those.

They came in bundles of 5. Employees are getting first dibs as well.
Yea, and if you have a REALLY stupid employee and get there RIGHT when the store opens, they MIGHT just give you the package of 5 thinking it was just one. :bomb:

Bonuses are made by the vendors(so in this case Nintendo), not Gamestop. It's shit all around but it's Nintendo keeping the supply low.
Yeah Nintendo has had issues with supply/demand for ages. The more people want a thing, the less they make.

Update: just got my shipped email for Fire Emblem at 8:47am eastern time. Says it will be here tomorrow via FedEx. Best Buy is delivering my Crown Zenith ETB the same way tomorrow. Hopefully they get here early on the same truck!

There's a post on the GameStop subreddit about cards.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/10ggxdo/role_call_who_didnt_get_the_fire_emblem_cards

Seems like pre-ordering is a fools errand (please don't pre-order, IMO) more and more at GameStop. Between not getting enough (or any) copies and/or pre-order bonuses, they're going to burn out a ton of die hards. JRPGs nerds are likely the most die hard pre-order folks.

Does FIFA, Madden, and COD still make numbers or are those folks digital only nowadays?

Called multiple stores, only one is willing to give out to online orders, and its basically first come, first serve. So I'm on my way to try and get one, 

Does anyone know how extensively they test controllers when they’re traded in? My Series X controller has drift on the right stick and needs to be replaced. Also, does anyone know what the refurb fee hit would be for drift? If it’s not that bad, I’ll just come clean and eat the fee.

If it’s some insane hit, I’ll stay quiet if they don’t test for it and hopefully get the full trade in value, then hit up another GS in my area for a new controller and warranty.

Does anyone know how extensively they test controllers when they’re traded in? My Series X controller has drift on the right stick and needs to be replaced. Also, does anyone know what the refurb fee hit would be for drift? If it’s not that bad, I’ll just come clean and eat the fee.

If it’s some insane hit, I’ll stay quiet if they don’t test for it and hopefully get the full trade in value, then hit up another GS in my area for a new controller and warranty.
Drift shows pretty easily on the tester, should be around $7 fee on those.

There's a post on the GameStop subreddit about cards.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/10ggxdo/role_call_who_didnt_get_the_fire_emblem_cards

Seems like pre-ordering is a fools errand (please don't pre-order, IMO) more and more at GameStop. Between not getting enough (or any) copies and/or pre-order bonuses, they're going to burn out a ton of die hards. JRPGs nerds are likely the most die hard pre-order folks.

Does FIFA, Madden, and COD still make numbers or are those folks digital only nowadays?
annual releases get preorders but nothing like it used to. black ops 2 was the peak of the preorder timelines, it's been downhill since. except in a few select stores those titles may hit ~100ish at best now, nothing like the close to 1k some would hit years past.

Was able to get 1, store only got 10 and 5 had already been claimed. All the other stores I called got 5.
[attachment=37719:20230120_115220.jpg]

Waiting for local store to open. They usually open at 1130. Got there waited a few minutes then left and did other errands. Came back to a hand written sign open at 1230.

Give it a shot, act surprised and then say I don't want to pay the fee...head to another Gamestop and try it there? I can not confirm nor deny said method works....

It sucks FE isn't G2L, as I was able to pick up a Divine Edition online so I'm gonna have to return my copy that I picked up this morning but I'm gonna lose $10 since I used a certificate. Oh well, I've screwed Gamestop out of far more than that over the years. I was thankfully also able to get a pack of Tarot cards as well. 

Is there currently a trade-in bonus for pre-orders? If so, can anyone tell me which games? Thanks!
I believe this was the last confirmed list, but it's been a couple weeks:

Hogwarts Legacy

SW Jedi: Survivor

Resident Evil 4

Dead Island 2

LoZ: Tears of the Kingdom

Street Fighter 6

Diablo IV

Final Fantasy XVI

Assassin's Creed Mirage

I can also confirm that last week I received the bonus when adding a few bucks to my FE Engage Divine Edition preorder.

Hogwarts Legacy
Resident Evil 4
Dead Island 2
Street Fighter 6
Diablo IV
Final Fantasy XVI
Assassin's Creed Mirage

I can also confirm that last week I received the bonus when adding a few bucks to my FE Engage Divine Edition preorder.
Paying the remaining amount on pickup for Fire Emblem Engage doesn't trigger the bonus, but can confirm Hogwarts PS5 works.

Thanks for the heads up on the other items. I'll give them a shot.

Hogwarts Legacy
Resident Evil 4
Dead Island 2
Street Fighter 6
Diablo IV
Final Fantasy XVI
Assassin's Creed Mirage

I work 60 hours a week I’d be lucky to finish even one of those games this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man I wanted the tarot cards to keep because I thought it was a cool collectible. Hearing the headache and time and effort required to get one from GS…I’ll stay content with my Amazon Divine edition preorder

People buying those cards are fools. I can't give my eBay name away but I have quite a few and they are flying. But I also have all mine at the almost lowest price.

I don't see any appeal to them. It's the Target Pokemon statue all over again. That I had to go to target to target for a few.

I wonder if people would trade games for some of these. Put a value of $30 on em if interested.

People buying those cards are fools. I can't give my eBay name away but I have quite a few and they are flying. But I also have all mine at the almost lowest price.

I don't see any appeal to them. It's the Target Pokemon statue all over again. That I had to go to target to target for a few.

I wonder if people would trade games for some of these. Put a value of $30 on em if interested.
How did you get more than 1?

Is "Guaranteed to Love It" still a thing?  Not liking Fire Emblem that much

Edit:  Nevermind, just saw the other comments that Fire Emblem isn't included.

Hogwarts Legacy

Resident Evil 4

Dead Island 2

Street Fighter 6

Diablo IV

Final Fantasy XVI

Assassin's Creed Mirage

are ppl just pre-ordering to test out if the trade bonus works? all the stores i called kept saying there's no trade in bonus for preorders currently running.

think 5$ eshop is gone as of yesterday
The $5 eShop has been missing from the website for a couple of weeks. I think that they figured out that was the thing that most people were using their monthly coupons on and that they weren't buying anything else for the rest of the month. :wave:

The $5 eShop has been missing from the website for a couple of weeks. I think that they figured out that was the thing that most people were using their monthly coupons on and that they weren't buying anything else for the rest of the month. :wave:
meant in store. i usually cant check out online unless i do 10

my fire emblem game is suppose to come today but it is still awaiting pickup so I am doubtful. This is such a terrible launch for me. Did not get the game yet and no tarot card

I went to 5 stores. They all refused my online preorder for the tarot cards because they only have enough for in store preorders. I'm just gonna return my order. It's going on the backlog anyway. I can wait for a price drop.

meant in store. i usually cant check out online unless i do 10
I tried yesterday at my regular store and they couldn’t find it in the POS. They also told me earlier in the day they had issues in general with any digital receipt printed games and currency but that seemed to be fixed. I’ll update if I can get another store to do the $5 eshop today.

I gave him my Onlyfans info and he gave me two.

Tarot-cards-1.jpg

one for each mittie.
im jelly

bread's done
Back