The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Did they also reduce the max reward for online redemption? Pretty sure it was $15 before but now I see $10 max in the app. I wouldn't mind going to stores but I hate that they don't open until noon and how they have nothing good in stock.
I used a $5 and a $3. Clerk said cant use two of the same but different ones, which I thought was strange, could have used a #1 also, but I was like why takes to long to get verification.

Callisto for $25 with 16% cash back is tempting. But I have too much Xbox fun money to spend my GameStop fun money on non Nintendo games. First world problems

Right?

Between 50 hr work week and 3 kids it feels like it.

Jokes aside I have gaming ADD real bad and just haven't gotten to it. At the time I was playing MW 2 Aand pokemon every night.
I understand. I work 60 hours a week and at the end of the day I just want to relax and I play MW2 with some friends. I’m only 3-4 hours into hogwarts legacy and I bought it day 1 so I understand what you mean by ADD. Sorry for being rude earlier.

Anyone have any recommendations for filler items to boomerang or something worthwhile to play in the $10 range?  Trying to get to free shipping

I understand. I work 60 hours a week and at the end of the day I just want to relax and I play MW2 with some friends. I’m only 3-4 hours into hogwarts legacy and I bought it day 1 so I understand what you mean by ADD. Sorry for being rude earlier.
No worries, I'm sitting a sealed copy of hogwarts too, probably just going to trade towards diablo or zelda and rebuy around black friday.

Good ol' Gamestop. "New" sticker on Xenoblade Chronicles 3, and torn cover art on the bottom. I assume a return for one game wouldn't get me half my money back.

Anyone know of a fast way to get your money back after an order online gets cancelled? I used trade credit and the credit is constantly on hold even after the 5 days they claim you will get it back.

Two times this past month an order was cancelled and both times I had to call after 7/8 days to get my money back. Had to wait over 20 min each time to get helped over the phone. Via email they are useless. They keep saying you will get your money back just give it time.

I got my two Xenoblade 3s. Sealed!

I didn’t get charged yet for my Metroid Amiibo. I’m assuming they cancelled it and won’t ever notify me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know of a fast way to get your money back after an order online gets cancelled? I used trade credit and the credit is constantly on hold even after the 5 days they claim you will get it back.

Two times this past month an order was cancelled and both times I had to call after 7/8 days to get my money back. Had to wait over 20 min each time to get helped over the phone. Via email they are useless. They keep saying you will get your money back just give it time.
My order was canceled the day after I ordered it with trade credit. My problem is I have no clue how much I had on there to begin with but under my orders, there is nothing about the order getting canceled or ever existing so I'm pretty sure it just never actually went through.

My order was canceled the day after I ordered it with trade credit. My problem is I have no clue how much I had on there to begin with but under my orders, there is nothing about the order getting canceled forever existing so I'm pretty sure it just never actually went through.
That's how it was for me both times. It doesn't appear under orders but I remember my trade credit before I purchased the game and it never went back on after it was cancelled.

When I called, I got moved around a lot until I found somebody who looked into the system and said that my credit was on hold. He released it on his end and within 24 hours my credit appeared.

GameStop done messed up my. I ordered a used Metroid Prime Remastered, but they sent Metroid Dread cartridge with MP remastered case instead...

I did get an order for pickup cancelled long ago and it was cancelled before or right when the store opened. Never checked my balance though just assumed I wasn’t charged

My order was canceled the day after I ordered it with trade credit. My problem is I have no clue how much I had on there to begin with but under my orders, there is nothing about the order getting canceled or ever existing so I'm pretty sure it just never actually went through.
If you go to https://www.gamestop.com/giftcards/ scroll down and under where it says "check a balance", you can enter your trade card details and it will show a history of card usage.

Some stores struggle to get the mail person to come to their store when open according to the GS Reddit since many stores don’t open until noon now during the week.
That actually makes a lot of sense. Still, if that is the case the stores should have some sort of plan to get items in the mail since that is a common issue.

Some stores struggle to get the mail person to come to their store when open according to the GS Reddit since many stores don’t open until noon now during the week.
You can schedule a pickup time with usps. It just costs more than “at your not normal delivery time.”

They’re prob is no mechanism to pay for it so maybe that’s why it doesn’t happen.

still hopeful I get my dread amiibo but I think it’s a lost cause.

If you go to https://www.gamestop.com/giftcards/ scroll down and under where it says "check a balance", you can enter your trade card details and it will show a history of card usage.
That's what I checked but it was not accurate. It never had the transaction history for the canceled order. I know it took the money because I have a little sticky note on my gift card with the balance on it that I update after each transaction. After I called them, they released the hold and gave me back $40 on the trade credit. If I believed the gift card page, it showed that the money was never taken.

I feel like they're so scummy about this stuff. They have so many issues but if it's screwing over the customer, they don't care as long as they're not losing money.

Against my better judgement I pre ordered Star Wars online only to find out today there’s performance issues and there’s multiple patches coming out in the following weeks . I also used my $5 monthly cert . O well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered Harvestella and Tactics Ogre NS and received both guts... guess I was a little too high on the recent B1G1 games all being sealed. 

Did you ever get this resolved? I got my bayonetta 3 and it was opened with a new sticker on it and the cartrisge is obviously used. I keep trying to contact gs but it's a pain.
If they don’t answer you file a complaint with the bbb and I bet you then they will. I had to do this with sifu, they sent me a used copy can clearly tell as to the center of the disc was missing paint.

If they don’t answer you file a complaint with the bbb and I bet you then they will. I had to do this with sifu, they sent me a used copy can clearly tell as to the center of the disc was missing paint.
I tried but could not get through to CS. I considered taking into store but thought they might think I just took the game. I kept the original packaging as well to prove it was not damaged in shipping - It clearly was not put in the case.

That's what I checked but it was not accurate. It never had the transaction history for the canceled order. I know it took the money because I have a little sticky note on my gift card with the balance on it that I update after each transaction. After I called them, they released the hold and gave me back $40 on the trade credit. If I believed the gift card page, it showed that the money was never taken.

I feel like they're so scummy about this stuff. They have so many issues but if it's screwing over the customer, they don't care as long as they're not losing money.
You did exactly what I did. It did not show my cancellation out of stock order so I checked the math of "Curremt Balance" vs "History Amounts" and it was "off" exactly the total they deducted.

Against my better judgement I pre ordered Star Wars online only to find out today there’s performance issues and there’s multiple patches coming out in the following weeks . I also used my $5 monthly cert . O well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a rule over the last decade, and after the past 5 years I am very firm with it. I don’t touch any game and ALL GAMES are considered broken to me for the first six months. After that the game is playable.

there are more games than not where I played at or near launch and my experience was ruined. Then you read forum posts months after launch and people say “I’m so happy I waited for the patches and QoL fixes”. Never being tricked into that again.

I have a rule over the last decade, and after the past 5 years I am very firm with it. I don’t touch any game and ALL GAMES are considered broken to me for the first six months. After that the game is playable.

there are more games than not where I played at or near launch and my experience was ruined. Then you read forum posts months after launch and people say “I’m so happy I waited for the psych and QoL fixes”. Never being dickered into that again.
Cool.

Did you ever get this resolved? I got my bayonetta 3 and it was opened with a new sticker on it and the cartrisge is obviously used. I keep trying to contact gs but it's a pain.
Return in store. I’ve never had too much hassle, one employee might insist you call customer service, but just go to a different location.

Hey everyone, I recommend following up both with better business bureau and customer service if they don't follow up on your order issues. Anyways, about the incorrect Metroid game they shipped me...They responded via BBB and told me to ship the incorrect item back for a replacement. With BBB, they replied to me immediately within the following day.

I actually called back the customer service number today to confirm. They actually went ahead and processed a refund. They told me there was no need to ship back the incorrect item!

bread's done
Back