The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Yesterday I purchased Castillo Protocol pre-owned in store ($22 w/ monthly coupon)  and they gave me a NEW sealed copy!  Dunno if it was a noob mistake by the cashier but the reports of people getting new games when ordering pre-owned ONLINE has me wondering!!! Maybe it's their new way of converting new to used.....

Yesterday I purchased Castillo Protocol pre-owned in store ($22 w/ monthly coupon) and they gave me a NEW sealed copy! Dunno if it was a noob mistake by the cashier but the reports of people getting new games when ordering pre-owned ONLINE has me wondering!!! Maybe it's their new way of converting new to used.....
They’ve always done this with things that are over stocked and don’t sell well. There used to be a gamestop thread here for it but, I guess it died. I went to go buy final fantasy xv today because I seen it was $4.99 near me. To my luck it was something that got converted from new to used as well they had final fantasy xv Royal edition still sealed. Score!

Converted new to used happens periodically.  Last game I recall it happening with was ai sominium files sp? 

every once in a blue moon you occasionally can roll a win like those.  in the recent year or two they send games through the mass shrink wrap removal machine.  I remember that happening with cold steel 3 and 4 last year. Copies are easy to tell since they all have identical fraying on the spine from when the machine attacks them like a serial killer. I feel like a number of games that they get reprints of that are on the rarer side they do that as well to skirt msrp and make a buck.

Last edited by a moderator:
In case anyone was wondering… I stopped in today and according to the sign posted, the 20% trade bonus is still for the same games it has been for a while… Hogwart’s Legacy, Dead Island 2, Jedi Survivor, and Tears of the Kingdom. Hopefully they rotate some new ones in soon.

Yup, got mine for $1.99! :D/
that game has no business being 1.99, it’s a really fun game. I don’t understand the hate
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got mine for $1.99 as well. The game was a bit rough around the edges at launch which is [why] people were hating on it. The updates and patches since launch have helped. It’s one of the few multiplayer games I enjoy playing.

that game has no business being 1.99, it’s a really fun game. I don’t understand the hate

I got mine for $1.99 as well. The game was a bit rough around the edges at launch which is [why] people were hating on it. The updates and patches since launch have helped. It’s one of the few multiplayer games I enjoy playing.
It's down to $1.49 now. :shock:

In case anyone was wondering… I stopped in today and according to the sign posted, the 20% trade bonus is still for the same games it has been for a while… Hogwart’s Legacy, Dead Island 2, Jedi Survivor, and Tears of the Kingdom. Hopefully they rotate some new ones in soon.
anything for Octopath traveler 2?

Word just in from a little birdie.

25% bonus on accessory trade ins starting tomorrow 4/30

$10 off sonic frontier with the pre order of sonic origins +

Has anyones Star Wars shipped yet? My order still says awaiting product availability. it’s whatever cause I’m just gonna return it anyways . I’m just gonna wait till Black Friday season on Star Wars

I hadn't even heard of Sonic Origins Plus before now. I would like to play those Game Gear games again; I really liked Sonic Chaos.

Thank you, this helps make sense of why accessory values seems to be dropping $3-$5 each today, Joy Cons are hitting an all time low at $18.70, and more colors are dropping by the hour.

Thank you, this helps make sense of why accessory values seems to be dropping $3-$5 each today, Joy Cons are hitting an all time low at $18.70, and more colors are dropping by the hour.

So that's about $25 a Joycon if the bump is 35% with pro. That's unfortunate. We've seen better

Guys my Star Wars showed up today even tho the order says “awaiting product availability “ but anyway it didn’t show up with a invoice to return it . How do I return Star Wars ?

I was just in the store, should've snapped a pic but sign said starting tomorrow til 5/27, +$25 on dualsense, Xbox and joycons. I plan on running in tomorrow to trading in my old dual senses

I was just in the store, ahouldve snapped a pic but sign said starting tomorrow til 5/27, +$25 on dualsense, Xbox and joycons. I plan on running in tomorrow to trading in my old dual senses
There was also something about $25 extra credit when trading any hardware towards an OLED switch, but figured it wasn't worth anybody's attention.

does anyone know how to return a online order without a invoice? I work 60 hours a week and sunday my only day off, I won’t have time till next Sunday. I want to return Star Wars and just wait for Black Friday season

Yes occasionally they print on the opposite side of the invoice. Though other users have commented that they have not gotten any in a while. It's probably ymmv.
I haven’t returned anything in years like before 2020 at least but the fact that multiple patches are going to be released in the following weeks killed my mood to play Star Wars. I don’t want my experienced ruined cause I loved the first one.

Ok, something weird is going on with Gamestop recently.

Over the past few weeks I've had to do a few returns.  One was an in store purchase, the other was a shipment.  Both items were purchased on sale.

When I returned them, in both cases the refund was for the price of the item at the time -- NOT the sale price I had paid.  I pointed this out both times -- "Hey, you're refunding me $30, but I only paid $20 -- like it says on the receipt."  Both times, the clerk seemed unconvinced and explained something like "but you used a coupon" and refunded me the full current value.

I'm currently ahead by about $50.  I really tried to get them to only refund me what I actually paid, but that seemed... too hard for them?

I know they changed shipped receipts so the worker has to look them up (no longer printing prices on the shipping label), but did something weird change with in store returns?

Over the past few weeks I've had to do a few returns. One was an in store purchase, the other was a shipment. Both items were purchased on sale.

When I returned them, in both cases the refund was for the price of the item at the time -- NOT the sale price I had paid. I pointed this out both times -- "Hey, you're refunding me $30, but I only paid $20 -- like it says on the receipt." Both times, the clerk seemed unconvinced and explained something like "but you used a coupon" and refunded me the full current value.

I'm currently ahead by about $50. I really tried to get them to only refund me what I actually paid, but that seemed... too hard for them?

I know they changed shipped receipts so the worker has to look them up (no longer printing prices on the shipping label), but did something weird change with in store returns?
You’re a better person than I am. I didn’t say anything when I saw they were refunding me too much lol. One time I was asked “was this b2g1” and I said yes. But she still gave me too much back since it wasn’t on sale at the time of return. So I’m ahead like $80. Clearly something is not right on their end

Live on the site, many accessories have been dropped in value but it’s 25% bonus on joy cons, Xbox series controllers, and Dualsense and $25 on console trades towards a pre owned or new switch. All the accessories that get the boost have been lowered in value 25% it seems.

Live on the site, many accessories have been dropped in value but it’s 25% bonus on joy cons, Xbox series controllers, and Dualsense and $25 on console trades towards a pre owned or new switch. All the accessories that get the boost have been lowered in value 25% it seems.
you’re right it’s 25% not + $25 on controllers , o well.

For the people who like pictures.

452.jpg

Over the past few weeks I've had to do a few returns. One was an in store purchase, the other was a shipment. Both items were purchased on sale.

When I returned them, in both cases the refund was for the price of the item at the time -- NOT the sale price I had paid. I pointed this out both times -- "Hey, you're refunding me $30, but I only paid $20 -- like it says on the receipt." Both times, the clerk seemed unconvinced and explained something like "but you used a coupon" and refunded me the full current value.

I'm currently ahead by about $50. I really tried to get them to only refund me what I actually paid, but that seemed... too hard for them?

This is something that happens with GS for years at this point and I fully take advantage of it.

I’m not surprised but also f GameStop.

I'm going into the store later and trying to push for the $25 + promo that was advertised lol. Will come back w/ results

bread's done
Back