The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
I keep using different phone numbers for new pro accounts because a local manager says 60 games is to much to trade and he contacts loss prevention and puts a hold on my account. I don’t even trade duplicates so I’m unsure how this is justified.

Does anyone know if gamestop has actually stopped accepting trade ins of ps3, Wii, and Wii U games? They just delisted all trade in values for those consoles games and also delisted all games for sale on the website for those consoles. I’m hoping this is just a glitch and they will still accept those consoles games to be traded in.
Interested in this too. I see NES and SNES titles still with trade values but no Wii or Wii U.

As of 2 pm today you can't get the B1G1 on clearance in store. The clerk said that he received an email saying not to do any adjustments. Said that maybe later on today or tomorrow corporate might update the system so thy can do the B1G1 in store

Ended up converting 75 bucks of gamestop funny money to steam and eshop funny money. Going to burn the rest of it tomorrow after work at another gamestop. Just don't want to chance losing this stuff to some crazy ass corporate changes.

I'm kinda curious.. with the existing and constant staffing issues, what exactly is GS trying to accomplish by keeping such ridiculous requirements for selling PUR+? I mean I've seen a few other "all employees at X retailer/restaurant quit" stories but GS easily the most common one I've seen.
Plus Gamestop has the auto-renew setup on people's accounts, so they will easily make some money on customers who are not aware of it.

Eh... getting $120 in eShop credit for $85 isn't the worst deal... I mean, it's only 30% off, but that's generally better than most offers.

Don't think I'll be renewing my niece and nephew's accounts for them, though -- I got those as Christmas presents JUST so they could get a bunch of "free" eShop credit.
It’s not the worst but not worth the time to go in every month.

With the change to not being able to double-dip each month plus no more free tendies, I was canceling once my sub was up anyway. Stockpiling points is a joke with an unstable company so I've always used them up ASAP. Was a great free ride for a while though.

I wonder if the “5% off of pre owned games” will stack with B2G1 or similar deals. Or will it be like the $5 coupon and not work with other promos

With the change to not being able to double-dip each month plus no more free tendies, I was canceling once my sub was up anyway. Stockpiling points is a joke with an unstable company so I've always used them up ASAP. Was a great free ride for a while though.
My PUR ended last month and I didn't renew. When the online/in store $5 combo went away in february, I gave up on gamestop. That really was the only thing keeping me visiting.

Cajn we still renew early for 15000 point right now or they are 25,000 already?  If i go to store, will they let me renew now since mine is expiring on november.  Also not sure if i want to renew if we can no longer us $5 for pos card

Last edited by a moderator:
Ended up converting 75 bucks of gamestop funny money to steam and eshop funny money. Going to burn the rest of it tomorrow after work at another gamestop. Just don't want to chance losing this stuff to some crazy ass corporate changes.
When they said this ends this week, does that mean Saturday? No chance I can get to a GS before then...

I keep using different phone numbers for new pro accounts because a local manager says 60 games is to much to trade and he contacts loss prevention and puts a hold on my account. I don’t even trade duplicates so I’m unsure how this is justified.
I had one store question me when I was trading in a bunch of games/ multiple systems. I explained I’m somewhat of a trophy hunter and will buy-beat-rebuy (if there’s DLC or expansions etc). I pulled my PSN and since then never had issues. You could just find one to show with a generic name and it might make things easier - just an idea…

I will have to remember to use all my of reward points on that trigun vash donut funko pop. I can't believe I am buying funko pops again but it's Trigun. If they ever do Berserk or Kenshin I am going to have to buy more...

Are they doing away with the monthly reward useable for pos card or is that just fear mongering at gamestop r4eddit?
Since they tried to eliminate it quietly already and you can no longer do that online, I wouldn’t consider it fearmongering.

When they said this ends this week, does that mean Saturday? No chance I can get to a GS before then...
Per some dude on Reddit who GameStop would probably fire if they could trace it back, you can no longer use coupons from points on POS cards starting 5/26. Per him there will be no announcement of this, the coupons will just stop working on POS cards.

Any indication the plastic currency cards that are in stores would still be eligible to use reward points on? Just curious since we keep seeing "POS cards" mentioned - thanks!

Can you use reward coupons (the ones you redeem with points, not monthly) on eShop cards online? Trying to GTFO this sinking ship.

Any indication the plastic currency cards that are in stores would still be eligible to use reward points on? Just curious since we keep seeing "POS cards" mentioned - thanks!
Yes, I just went in about an hour ago to pick up a $25 PSN card with the rewards I cashed out to use up my points.

B1G1 working in store now. Also, as I'm sure most of yall's wives shop intensively online.... and finally had my first interation with HAPPY RETURNS. The wife randomly said "I need to go to Gamestop" and then heard herself and then said "I need YOU to go to Gamestop to return something for me".  :p

Any idea when the new $25 pro will kick in? The one store I went to was on single coverage with a new employee so I couldnt ask. He wasn't aware of anything new. The website still says $15 on a few pages at least.  :whistle2:&

Has anybody traded in a phone today? With the extra 10% boost?

Hoping to trade in an unlocked iphone 11 for $217 base plus $21.70 bonus (i.e. $238.70 total).

Higher shipping minimum, higher pro price, wont allow multi-use of rewards at one time, along with all the other crap they have always pulled. Are they trying to kill themselves off sooner?!

Higher shipping minimum, higher pro price, wont allow multi-use of rewards at one time, along with all the other crap they have always pulled. Are they trying to kill themselves off sooner?!
Mr. Chewy wants his golden parachute, just like all the other "CEOs" of Gamestop past.

Went to a Gamestop that had one random used copy of Fire Emblem Birthright for 50 bucks. Which is funny considering I can get a sealed copy for less on ebay.

unable to pay rent? That sounds like a government problem not a GameStop problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GameStop pays less than many retailers though. When an employee can quit and make more at Target starting out, it is a Gamestop problem. Other employers are paying more than minimum wage so that they get employees. GameStop hopes their employees are so excited to work at a game store that they will put up with poor pay and more work than other stores.

GameStop pays less than many retailers though. When an employee can quit and make more at Target starting out, it is a Gamestop problem. Other employers are paying more than minimum wage so that they get employees. GameStop hopes their employees are so excited to work at a game store that they will put up with poor pay and more work than other stores.
then it’s they’re fault for putting up with that, just leave and go work at Walmart or target then . back in my days we didn’t cry about stuff like these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1G1 working in store now. Also, as I'm sure most of yall's wives shop intensively online.... and finally had my first interation with HAPPY RETURNS. The wife randomly said "I need to go to Gamestop" and then heard herself and then said "I need YOU to go to Gamestop to return something for me". :p

Any idea when the new $25 pro will kick in? The one store I went to was on single coverage with a new employee so I couldnt ask. He wasn't aware of anything new. The website still says $15 on a few pages at least. :whistle2:&
Should have checked her email once you completed the return, you get either 10% off or $10 off purchase coupon.

I miss retro games at gamestop online. Looking back at ca 2015-2019 I got so many bangers for really good, cheap prices. I wish I hadnt held off on some others.

I know some people see retro games in their local gamestops, but I have not seen any in-store in like 3 years. 

I miss retro games at gamestop online. Looking back at ca 2015-2019 I got so many bangers for really good, cheap prices. I wish I hadnt held off on some others.

I know some people see retro games in their local gamestops, but I have not seen any in-store in like 3 years.
Same. Really thought they were going to lean in on retro gaming and accept trade-ins via mail over the pandemic. Instead, they wiped out retro to focus on stuffies and statues. RIP

Outside of common stuff store to store inventory and quality is always super ymmv. I'm in a more rural area and I mostly buy rpgs so I rarely find any. I once went to a store about 2 hours away since I was in the area for a interview and snagged atelier rorona plus and atelier mereru ps3.

Went in yesterday after work and used up another 50 dollar cert for some steam cash. Pretty much cleared out my points before the weekend.

bread's done
Back