The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Just went to GameStop to check out what they had. They were locking up. Apparently they close at 7:00 now.
The stores in my area close at 5pm on Tuesdays. Not sure why or how they make any money with hours like that. The store that I usually go to is always packed because it's next to a Walmart and is the only one in a 5 miles radius.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the b2g1 online only?
It’s in store too. Just came back and signs were up. Pro members only for today, everyone starts tomorrow. Grabbed three switch games since I got a switch recently.

Did gamestop change some rule again? Since my account been ban, I always use my friend account and go to suburb to trade in games since they require id in city, not the burb. Today I drag my ps5 to the burb gamestop i been to a few months to try to trade it in, I was surpise they suddenly ask for ID. I just say I don'ty have it and walked out. I am located in Chicago BTW. Is it because it is a system trade they require ID? I guess I will need to wait till my friend is free to help me trade in. In the mean time i ordered a 980 pro to install to ps5 to see if it would solve the freeze hard lock issue
ID for every trade in here in Texas. Also GameStop Employees can see your last 5 to 10 purchases

What time do the monthly $5 coupon expire on the east coast? I remember last year losing a $5 coupon becasue it was no longer in the system and the next month's coupon was in it's place.
I would recommend you use it before 5PM PST (so 2PM EST). I don't remember the exact cutoff off the top of my head but the earlier the better.

Can you buy 2 online and keep the free one, and return the 2 in store at the prorated price??
Usually only works if you split the order up onto different invoices so the free game doesn't show up. Either ship 2, pickup 1 or Ship the free one ( no longer free ) , and never pickup the 2.... :oldman:

checked out a couple stores close by on lunch break and they all had 'retro' games (albeit not great selection) - 360/Wii U/PS3/DS/3DS

and some 3ds consoles

if interested give it a peep never know might be some underpriced gems
Yea, I dropped by a few to see if I could do some B2G1 + retro combo. Prices definitely all increased across all platforms but did have one store that knows I've been hunting for stuff save me an N64 which I pickedup with some other filler (Zelda was priced above market value, but did get a free Dash!). 3DS console prices over 200 now too ! :bomb:

uRfkXsl.png

What time do the monthly $5 coupon expire on the east coast? I remember last year losing a $5 coupon becasue it was no longer in the system and the next month's coupon was in it's place.
I've also lost coupons this way. Asked earlier this week and it was suggested to me by the employee to use my coupon prior to the last 2 days of the month.Otherwise I risk it getting 'lost'.

Usually only works if you split the order up onto different invoices so the free game doesn't show up. Either ship 2, pickup 1 or Ship the free one ( no longer free ) , and never pickup the 2....
Does that actually work? If so I’ll pay for the $8 shipping for the game. How long will it take for the payment be returned to your card if you never pick it up

These B2G1 are always a bust for me. It's a lot cheaper to buy 3 recent games from gamefly than it is to buy anything newer from GS.

If you can wait it’s always good to wait till Black Friday. If u haven’t bought the big games yet then it’s not a bad deal assuming you didn’t get discounted prices from target b2g1’s.

The price hikes on the older stuff make it hard to find games that I want as well. I want the B2G1 to help me save money, not get me closer to what I would have paid on ebay.

Hit up a few stores and did OK. Finally found a Sine Mora for PS4 and also got Binding of Isaac. Didn’t end up with a RE8 Gold PS5 though.

I can't activate free shipping on preorders. I have a cart of three games, $50 $50 and $60 together, and all of them have that dreadful $7.99 charge attached to them with no apparent alternatives to make them free. Any tips?

I went to my local GameStop this morning, and since I couldn't find anything that I wanted on the buy 2, get 1 free sale, I just used my $5 coupon on a clearance Marvel Legends Loki action figure (the 3.75" sized one) and got it for $1.88 with tax included.

Since that store's inventory hardly shows up on the website, and its hours are so strange, I don't even bother double-dipping with the $5 coupon at this point since I'd have to do in-store pickup on the second use.  And the Loki figure had some damage on the card, so it'll be an opener, but worth it for $2. 

Done with GS for the month.  :oldman:   

I had a good time with the B2G1 sale in my area minus dealing with a frustrating employee that gave me the wrong version of a game. It was  PAL version and not US version.

I didn't notice until after the payment was complete and she refused to swap it out even though there was a US version in their drawers. I didn't argue but said I'd like to just return my purchase if I can't get what I paid for. She then refused to do the return and said I had to wait until the following day. Is that an actual policy or did she just not want to do her job?

She did me a favor though. I ended up going a few miles down the road to the next GameStop. That store let me do a return and swap that game with a different one. Also, they had a nice selection of Switch games just traded in so I bought some additional games I've been wanting. 

I went to my local GameStop this morning, and since I couldn't find anything that I wanted on the buy 2, get 1 free sale, I just used my $5 coupon on a clearance Marvel Legends Loki action figure (the 3.75" sized one) and got it for $1.88 with tax included.

Since that store's inventory hardly shows up on the website, and its hours are so strange, I don't even bother double-dipping with the $5 coupon at this point since I'd have to do in-store pickup on the second use. And the Loki figure had some damage on the card, so it'll be an opener, but worth it for $2.

Done with GS for the month. :oldman:
I didn't even use my June coupon. Even with the $5 off everything is still cheaper somewhere else.

Went in to pick up Master Detective Archives Rain Code and my store hadn’t received my preorder.  The employee didn’t have an ETA on when it’d come in.  Checked out the games to see if there was anything decent for the B2G1 and it was bust.  And there was a creepy guy just hanging out at the store. I have noticed that 2 of the female employees haven’t been around recently (and a guy from another Gamestop had been working there at times).  Wonder if that weirdo was the cause.

For some reason I have two monthly $5 coupons in cart sadly can’t use both at the same time on ONE item
I have the same, wonder if both will disappear when you use one.

also, if you buy more than 1 item you can use both at the same time, might make this buy2 get1 a little better.

New Power Trade titles are Madden NFL 24 and Pikmin 4 for the additional 20% trade credit when you preorder for a Total 30% boost for Pro members.

Went in to see what I could find for the B2G1 promo. Picked up PS5 Disgaea 6 Complete and ended up getting a new sealed copy. Employee said it must have been converted or something like that.

I see the $5 monthly Pro coupon can't be used for an online B1G1 game purchase for store pickup. Anyone get an online Rewards certificate working for it at least?

Even finding a store where they have 2 games instock in the same store for the B1G1 deal is almost impossible.

Went in to pick up Master Detective Archives Rain Code and my store hadn’t received my preorder. The employee didn’t have an ETA on when it’d come in. Checked out the games to see if there was anything decent for the B2G1 and it was bust. And there was a creepy guy just hanging out at the store. I have noticed that 2 of the female employees haven’t been around recently (and a guy from another Gamestop had been working there at times). Wonder if that weirdo was the cause.
It has a new release date. The 14th, I think...

When does the B2G1 end and is there a minimum price point? I'm tempted to try and pick up some sub $5 shelf filler if the stores around me have anything.

bread's done
Back