The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
How can I check GameStop nationwide for something?
Pick random ZIP codes from across the country, check 50-mile radii until you get bored. Remember that you'll only see stores with 2+ copies available--stores with 0-1 in-stock will display as "Not Available".

Pick random ZIP codes from across the country, check 50-mile radii until you get bored. Remember that you'll only see stores with 2+ copies available--stores with 0-1 in-stock will display as "Not Available".
Didn't they change this semi-recently to to back to actually showing stock accurately?

Been trying to pickup Pokemon Shield or Sword with Expansion Pass for an friend. But I guess I'll have to do this.... Annoying I guess.

So how am I supposed to know which stores has it in stock then?
If you go to a store you can ask them to search other stores’ inventory. I’ll give them a radius of how far I’m willing to drive otherwise they only search a radius of nearby stores. If it’s rather far you can call and ask them to verify and hold.

I don’t know if they ship between stores anymore since their shipping got ridiculous.

This method worked recently finding obscure games that had no chance of being 2+ in a store

If you go to a store you can ask them to search other stores’ inventory. I’ll give them a radius of how far I’m willing to drive otherwise they only search a radius of nearby stores. If it’s rather far you can call and ask them to verify and hold.

I don’t know if they ship between stores anymore since their shipping got ridiculous.

This method worked recently finding obscure games that had no chance of being 2+ in a store
Yeah, I screwed up store to store in my area a couple years back. I think this was 2018 I believe, GS Store had the 60Gb PS3 BC on clearance/sale for $60. I had a few stores ship to my local GS, and half came damaged and broken. I only ended up with 2 working ones, outta 4 sent. The DM/DL said they stopped doing S2S in my area, because they were taking the loss on the PS3s that were damaged. But I think I could get an store to do it, if I asked nicely lol.

Definitely ask in-store for what retro has been traded in, I found most haven't yet actively displayed their stock in one convenient location and either just have them still in drawers with an "open task" to make a display somewhere,  just shove them in the corner of the Sony/MS/Nintendo sections.
END9k7Y.png

Did catch a vita trade-in with B2G1 finally, nothing amazing, but still needed the FFs for the shelf!    :beer:

uhRcXgq.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Entire GBA and below pokemon series I just picked up with trade. All legitimate.

GameStop entering the retro market I believe will affect retro store's. People are selling to GameStop in massive waves.

Entire GBA and below pokemon series I just picked up with trade. All legitimate.

GameStop entering the retro market I believe will affect retro store's. People are selling to GameStop in massive waves.
Not in STL. We have so many established retro stores, chain stores, pop up shops at indoor flea markets/antique malls, & people that just advertise on Facebook that all the GS stores here get is PS360 stuff sent from the GS warehouse.

Not in STL. We have so many established retro stores, chain stores, pop up shops at indoor flea markets/antique malls, & people that just advertise on Facebook that all the GS stores here get is PS360 stuff sent from the GS warehouse.
Hell you guys have so many retro stores that one of them has to set up shop in a bank.

Hell you guys have so many retro stores that one of them has to set up shop in a bank.
To be fair, the building he was in in the county to the south was so run down, he had been looking to move for two or three years pre-pandemic. That was the only spot he could find that didn’t have too many major issues. He moved into the old historic bank in Nov. 2020.

Also it’s technically a historic building, so he’s very limited in what he can do to it so he just decided to use its original furnishings as best as possible. The feature table for Magic is in the bank vault, the bank teller area is the front counter, etc.

GS likely wont impact retro much more than they have.   Unless you want an influx of fakes showing up on the website not much has changed.

GS likely wont impact retro much more than they have. Unless you want an influx of fakes showing up on the website not much has changed.
I would only buy retro games in store so I can check authenticity as well as condition. Its not like their prices for retro is all that great in the first place.

To be fair, the building he was in in the county to the south was so run down, he had been looking to move for two or three years pre-pandemic. That was the only spot he could find that didn’t have too many major issues. He moved into the old historic bank in Nov. 2020.

Also it’s technically a historic building, so he’s very limited in what he can do to it so he just decided to use its original furnishings as best as possible. The feature table for Magic is in the bank vault, the bank teller area is the front counter, etc.
Hey I think it's awesome. I've passed through STL a couple of times on my way to Kansas City, and even if I don't buy anything, I always stop there.

How long does it typically take to ship? Ordered a b2g1 sometime monday and tracking# created the fourth but no movement

I understand holidays may be pushing back logistics too but

I think only the very early copies did, it would say on the front over Bayo 1 included.
There were also the reprints at VGP and PNP that had them, but they were MSRP so if Bayonetta 2 was gotten cheap, it’d be better just to pick up the physical for Bayo 1 since it’s MSRP was $29.99.

How come I keep getting emails saying, "Your $5 Monthly Reward Is Here!" but when I log into my gamestop account there is no monthly reward showing up?

How come I keep getting emails saying, "Your $5 Monthly Reward Is Here!" but when I log into my gamestop account there is no monthly reward showing up?
Same here. Its happened to me the last two months as well. In May they just gave me 5000 points, last month the guy said that he could see the code even though i couldn't so he just emailed it to me.

Is it a glitch that almost all used PS4 games are 20% off? I think it's supposed to be only if you buy a console. Either way I ordered a few games for pickup.

Is it a glitch that almost all used PS4 games are 20% off? I think it's supposed to be only if you buy a console. Either way I ordered a few games for pickup.
"20% Off Pre-Owned PS4 or XB1 Games. Some exclusions apply. Prices are subject to change."

No mention of console purchase required.

With the frequency they keep running the Buy 1 Get 1 sale, it seems like Gamestop must be having it rough right now. 
Thanks to price matching competitors, Like a Dragon: Ishin was on sale again for $29.99 and Buy 1, Get 1. 
Last time that happened far more games were sold out... this time I couldn't pass on it. 

That $79 free shipping threshold is still annoying, though. 

They're useless because you can't exploit their system for your self personal gain?

LOL :speaktothehand:
It's not a exploit for personal gain to use a coupon on top of a sale price. It's not like you get those coupons for free. You have to redeem points to earn one and that requires a paid account to accumulate them.

It's not a exploit for personal gain to use a coupon on top of a sale price. It's not like you get those coupons for free. You have to redeem points to earn one and that requires a paid account to accumulate them.
I think what he kind of means is that GS doesn't allow coupons on top of sales prices. I am sure plenty of other companies have the same policy. If GS did in the past, they decided against it now.

I think what he kind of means is that GS doesn't allow coupons on top of sales prices. I am sure plenty of other companies have the same policy. If GS did in the past, they decided against it now.
From my experience they allow you to use coupons on top of sale prices in store. But it never works online

With the frequency they keep running the Buy 1 Get 1 sale, it seems like Gamestop must be having it rough right now.
Thanks to price matching competitors, Like a Dragon: Ishin was on sale again for $29.99 and Buy 1, Get 1.
Last time that happened far more games were sold out... this time I couldn't pass on it.

That $79 free shipping threshold is still annoying, though.
Is there a link or list for the b1g1?

Granted the online coupons besides the monthly almost never work anyway. You also have to use specific denominations. Another thing is that you can not use a gift card if the value is higher than the price of the order.

But we all know by now that gs system is for better or worse (often worse) held together by chewing gum, paperclips and ductape.

Granted the online coupons besides the monthly almost never work anyway. You also have to use specific denominations. Another thing is that you can not use a gift card if the value is higher than the price of the order.

But we all know by now that gs system is for better or worse (often worse) held together by chewing gum, paperclips and ductape.
I always use gift cards that are valued higher than my order total and have never had an issue

Of course GS torpedos the TIV of Super Mega Baseball 4 on PS4/5 1 day into Target's in store sale (I had 3 PS5 copies to trade.) I'll just put them on EBay and if they don't sell return them to Target I guess. Luckily all the Switch games on sale didn't have their values nuked.

I always use gift cards that are valued higher than my order total and have never had an issue

bread's done
Back