The 6th Annual Cheapy Awards: VOTE! - $1000 in Amazon Gift Certificates To Be Won!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
You must use the our built in voting system (within the appropriate threads) located in this in this forum to vote! Posting in a thread is not a vote!

Welcome to the 6th Annual Cheapy Awards, the only awards the honor the best (and worst) in video game retail, voted on by CAGs, the most knowledgeable video game shoppers in the world.
Voting is now open for The 6th Annual Cheapy Awards, the only awards that recognize the best (and worst) in video game retail, nominated and voted by the Cheap Ass Gamers, the most knowledgeable video game shoppers in the world!

$1000 in Amazon Gift Certificates Up For Grabs!
Placing your vote will automatically enter you in a raffle to win one of two $500 gift certificates from last year's Best Online Retailer winner, Amazon. The more categories you vote in, the better your chances of winning. One account per person.
Anyone found creating multiple accounts will be permanently IP banned from CAG.

Previous winners:
1st Annual Cheapy Awards
2nd Annual Cheapy Awards
3rd Annual Cheapy Awards
4th Annual Cheapy Awards
5th Annual Cheapy Awards

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm usually pretty good about getting this phase going in January...the big test is when the results are posted.

[quote name='robstar']Amazon had the best video game deals.[/quote]

You should probably vote for them in the threads instead of here :bouncy:

[quote name='robstar']Amazon had the best video game deals.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Squarehard']You should probably vote for them in the threads instead of here :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

But it's so true....

Oh god this is killing me.
500 Dollars? I'd be able to buy a new gen console with that! Trust Me, only having wii is not fun.

Well, bein a nub here is difficult.Especially with the "villains" portion.

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm usually pretty good about getting this phase going in January...the big test is when the results are posted.[/quote]

Sweet, the winner will have an Amazon GC in time for BF 2009. :D

I'm surprised there's no blog-related award. Okay, I'm not that surprised but the blog section can get some interesting reads.

Amazon hands down, no one can compete with the gold box, as a second nominee i would like to throw up Gamefly the used prices on the games in their online store is pretty good and a lot lower than what you find at Gamestop.

So its still nomination phase right now or does my nomination in the threads count as a 'vote'? Excited about the gift card. :D

gamefly probably had the best deals. especially down the stretch to end the year when the featured a game a day for the last couple weeks. amazon is good as well but their selection in the gold box has not been that great. stil great prices tho

[quote name='janlazer']So its still nomination phase right now or does my nomination in the threads count as a 'vote'? Excited about the gift card. :D[/QUOTE]

still nomination phase. you will see them pop up in the sub forums.

Best online retail: Amazon.com
CAG Villian: Tai. If pooping and barfing on the head cheapass does not merit this award, then I don't know what does.

Best Online Retailer:
Gamefly, Amazon

Best Actual Retailer:
Best Buy (Gamer Reward Zone and good selection of Day After Thanksgiving Blu-Rays) and Target (The $39 sale not to long ago may have been the reason for this nomination)

Worst Actual Retailer:
Gamestop (Hardly have any killer deals and should just literally kick you in the balls when you trade your games into them.)
Wal-Mart (Never have there own deals, all clearances are YMMV and they just match other competitors instead of creating there own sales)

Best Regional Retailer:
Shopko (Games go to 90% off on Clearance, need I say more?, plus there is no Hastings or Meijer around the Midwest)

I know these are ot relivant until I put them in the appropriate threads, but I am horrible at reading directions....

i would say gamestop but most of the deals you get their have to be in store whereas amazon gives you the deal strictly online and they do it regularly :p so of course amazon for me although its a close race with gamefly

walmart is the worst because they never seem to have a great selection

sweet this is my first time getting involved here besides listening to the cagcast for the past like forever...hopefully first timers luck will be on my side

I've decided not to vote, seeing as i've only been a member since August and only posting since Decemeber 25th I don't think I will. Next awards definitely though.

Hey Cheapy I got a suggestion for the 2009 Cheapy Awards. Keep the first post updated with the nominees and let people know not to nominate someone that has already been nominated. There is no point to having 40 different people nominate the same thing over and over. They are treating the nomination phase like it was the voting phase. I think that would make it easier on you so that you dont have to sift through page after page of the same nominees.

I nominate Amazon.com not only for their continuous great deals but for their superior and unsurpassed Black Friday sales event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back