Status
Not open for further replies.

Demolition Man

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Ladies and gentlemen please welcome...

15.jpg

... the Acolytes Protection Agency aka the APA!

[quote name='Wikipedia.com']Acolytes

The Acolytes were originally known as Hell's Henchmen and managed by The Jackyl. Faarooq and Bradshaw were both on a losing streak before teaming together - The Rock had recently taken over leadership of the Nation of Domination from Faarooq in a coup, and Bradshaw's tag team partner Terry Funk had left the WWF. The two resurfaced as an unstoppable tag team under the management of Callis, squashing other tag teams.

When The Jackyl left the WWF, the duo joined The Undertaker's new heel stable, The Ministry of Darkness. They adopted the name The Acolytes, as they acted as acolytes of the Undertaker. The Acolytes kidnapped Dennis Knight and Mabel, indoctrinating them into the Ministry, where they were renamed Mideon and Viscera respectively.

Throughout 1999, The Acolytes feuded with, won and lost tag team titles to some of the enemies of the Ministry, and then The Corporate Ministry, including X-Pac and Kane, The Brood, and The Hardy Boyz, until The Undertaker was injured in late 1999, leading to the dissolution of the Corporate Ministry.

Acolytes Protection Agency

At the end of 1999, Bradshaw came up with the idea of charging for protection, and the Agency was born. The A.P.A were nominally a face team, but would protect heels if the price was right. On one occasion the Dudley Boyz paid the A.P.A. to help them assault the Hardy Boyz and Edge & Christian. On one occasion, Crash Holly paid the A.P.A to protect him while he slept so that he would not lose the Hardcore Championship, which was defended 24/7; the A.P.A neglected their duties, and Gerald Brisco was able to pin Crash, winning the title.

The tag team were notable for their series of backstage vignettes, usually involving them drinking beer, smoking cigars and playing cards in their "office" (which was merely an open space behind a stand alone door; the A.P.A would insist, however, that anyone entering the area used the door). Their bar room brawls were frequently alluded to, and the A.P.A eventually did engage in a brawl with the occupant of "JB's Pub" while feuding with Edge and Christian. Their motto was "'Cause We Need Beer Money!"

The A.P.A feuded with T & A (Test and Albert) after T & A, lacking money, staked their manager Trish Stratus' clothes in a game of Poker, but attacked the A.P.A when Trish was obliged to go topless. The A.P.A were sidelined with injuries after being ambushed at No Mercy, and T & A took over their office, renaming the Agency the "T & A.P.A" until the A.P.A returned and reclaimed their property at Armageddon.

The conservative Right to Censor faction feuded with A.P.A throughout the autumn of 2000 and the spring of 2001, culminating in a six man tag match at WrestleMania X-Seven pitting the A.P.A and Tazz against Bull Buchanan, Val Venis and The Goodfather, where Bradshaw pinned The Goodfather. During this time, the APA were often accompanied by Jacqueline.

The A.P.A were at the vanguard of the resistance against The Invasion of World Championship Wrestling, and guarded the arenas to ensure that no WCW wrestlers could interfere in matches. When WCW wrestlers Sean O'Haire and Chuck Palumbo ran in after a Hardy Boyz vs. Dudley Boyz on June 28, 2001 the A.P.A and many other WWE wrestlers prevented them from leaving and put them both through tables. After Booker T managed to attack Vince McMahon in the ring and then escape, the A.P.A reasoned that a mole was aiding the invaders. The mole was eventually revealed as Paul Heyman, but not before the A.P.A had organized a group beating of Test, believing him to be the traitor. A reproachful Test later joined The Alliance, costing the A.P.A the World Tag Team Championships to Diamond Dallas Page and Chris Kanyon.

In 2002, the A.P.A were split up when the WWE roster was divided into RAW and SmackDown! brands. Bradshaw competed on RAW for the European and Hardcore Championships, carrying a cowbell to ringside, while Faarooq (going by his birthname Ron Simmons) briefly became the enforcer and teamed with Reverend D-Von on SmackDown!. They were reunited on SmackDown! in June 2003.

At Vengeance, 2003 the A.P.A hosted a Bar Room Brawl, which Bradshaw won.

On March 18, 2004, SmackDown! General Manager Paul Heyman forced the A.P.A to face Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty after they mocked his being Stunned by Stone Cold Steve Austin the previous week. If the A.P.A lost, they would be fired. After they were defeated, Heyman then offered Bradshaw the option of staying, claiming that as a published author and a Fox financial analyst he was a valued asset to the company. Bradshaw opted to stay, and Faarooq left in disgust.

In reality, Ron Simmons, who played Faarooq, was released from WWE immediately after his onscreen firing wanted to quietly retire from wrestling due to back problems.[/quote]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE-ACHpjRsg&mode=related&search=[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kFnSIXgEMQ&mode=related&search=[/media]

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']when diplomacy fails just post whatever the fuck you want, excellent :applause:[/quote]

And whore the wrestling topics

[quote name='craven_fiend']And whore the wrestling topics[/quote]

Ya, I knew some idiot would say something like that. He pm'd me about the next topic as we both had one ready to go, never reached a decision as to who's would be posted but Gary Brolsma just decided he'd go ahead and post what his. But thanks for your douchebag observation, keep up the good work.

Jackyl...I could never figure out why that guy was ever in pro wrestling.

Though, to be fair, if you look at a lot of his gestures and mannerisms from 8-9-10 years ago, you can see where Christopher Daniels took a lot of his image from.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Ya, I knew some idiot would say something like that. He pm'd me about the next topic as we both had one ready to go, never reached a decision as to who's would be posted but Gary Brolsma just decided he'd go ahead and post what his. But thanks for your douchebag observation, keep up the good work.[/quote]

Wow, you truly have no sense of humor.

Maybe I should've put an insane amount of smilies to drive the point home.

Demo misunderstandings are how wars are started! Good choice though, I'd like to have seen more of you actually writing in the topic instead of copy & pasting though... the other topic will have to wait, or maybe not as it seems some people don't want me to do them anymore :rolls: guess I wasn't doing a good job.

[quote name='guyver2077']wtf happenned to horse's post?

did the police get him again?[/quote]

I erased them because they were stupid, and it was all a mix up.

You should all do the same and we'll start fresh so this topic isn't messed up. I plan on deleting my last one too once the dust settles.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Wow, you truly have no sense of humor.

Maybe I should've put an insane amount of smilies to drive the point home.[/quote]

No I was just annoyed because I took the time to write up one for another wrestler, and then he went and posted this, which is a mish-mash of pastings from other sites.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Demo misunderstandings are how wars are started! Good choice though, I'd like to have seen more of you actually writing in the topic instead of copy & pasting though... the other topic will have to wait, or maybe not as it seems some people don't want me to do them anymore :rolls: guess I wasn't doing a good job.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to add a bit into it very quickly. That's how I did the Konnan one.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Demo misunderstandings are how wars are started! Good choice though, I'd like to have seen more of you actually writing in the topic instead of copy & pasting though... the other topic will have to wait, or maybe not as it seems some people don't want me to do them anymore :rolls: guess I wasn't doing a good job.[/quote]

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']No I was just annoyed because I took the time to write up one for another wrestler, and then he went and posted this, which is a mish-mash of pastings from other sites.[/quote]

So you feel the need to call me a dick, even though I was in no way malicious (sp) to you or anyone else for that matter) and was just being a smart ass. I'm sorry I don't post smilies when I am a smart ass, I figure if someone isn't use to me, they could always look at other posts I've made. And in doing so would understand I am not a dick and am generally easy to get along with on CAG.

That's also on the Judgment Day '04 DVD, and rocks. Jackyl was in wrestling because he liked it, but retired from the ring to do non-wrestling stuff far better than he ever did wrestling. There's also a story of him as a Canadian indy champ taking a shower, then servicing himself... back there... while yelling "I'M THE CHAMP! I'M THE CHAMP!".

[quote name='Demolition Man']Just a friendly programming reminder...

TNA iMPACT Tonight On Spike TV @ 9 PM EST/8 PM CST![/quote]

Is there a replay for it? If so, what time? My 9 o'clock hour on Thursdays is already jam packed.

And to Horse, there was no hostility in my posts, so sorry if you or anyone felt there was.

Anyone else remember back when he was left, for $50 on ebay you could get a 5 minute phone call with Ron "Farooq" Simmons and if you'd like he would even say his trademark catchphrase "DAMN!"? If I had the expendable income at the time I would have hilariously bought it for my brother.

Anyone got a sound clip of Ron "Farooq" Simmons' trademark catchphrase?

[quote name='craven_fiend']Is there a replay for it? If so, what time? My 9 o'clock hour on Thursdays is already jam packed.

And to Horse, there was no hostility in my posts, so sorry if you or anyone felt there was.[/QUOTE]

Saturdays at 11 EST

I have a feeling Christian Cage is talking about Big Poppa Pump.

[quote name='Brak']I have a feeling Christian Cage is talking about Big Poppa Pump.[/QUOTE]

Yea I read that he signed a new contract. Angle/ Steiner could be great when/if it happens.

Probably. I liked that Christian Cage hype video, even if it was a bit insane - "Christian Cage is one of the most dominant wrestlers THIS DECADE!" - apparently, the decade means since he entered TNA. "Will the estrogen war continue?" - that is so beyond wrong, and yet, it rules.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Yea I read that he signed a new contract. Angle/ Steiner could be great when/if it happens.[/QUOTE]
When I first heard that Angle was going to TNA, all I could think about was Angle vs. Steiner.

I don't know if it would necessarily work as a feud, but it would make one helluva match-up.

[quote name='Demolition Man']AJ STYLES VS KURT ANGLE TONIGHT OMG OMG OMG!!!![/QUOTE]

Good thing they aren't hotshotting anything.

Impact has been good ever since the Team 3D segment ended - it's only been going at about 100 MPH since then. It was nice of TNA to announce the main event of the show 33 minutes into it.

James Storm wearing a hat before punching his opponents rules. I dig his theme, too. It's a shame it took three people to help him pin Hoyt. Hooray, the REAL HERO came to save Hoyt. "Hey jellyhead, get lost. Okay" "I won a blue ribbon for getting all counting in the triple jump, you don't hear me braggin'!" - I love AJ.

tna has to keep this up... todays show has been great!!!!

yea they waited to long to set up the main event..... but atleast they announced on site...

they also need to fucking put tna on the live marketplace already~!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back