The Acoustic OTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='senorwoohoo']Also, FB, if you see this, that Hangar 18 album is kinda dull.

It's like Spank Rock, but not as offensive.[/quote]

that sucks, I was really looking forward to it next week. Now of course I haven't heard the album yet but from the tracks that I've heard from them, you wouldn't expect them to go that route. I wonder why they whored out?

[quote name='TFN']a GH keychain? Nice.

412.94 paycheck. :cool:! wooo.[/quote]
$550, bitch.

$666 (no fucking kidding) if I manage to get that hospital job.

Maybe then I can finally move the fuckity fuck out.

get. sigh.

[quote name='TFN']a GH keychain? Nice.

412.94 paycheck. :cool:! wooo.[/quote]

Yeah, at Redoctane they had two bundles, one with everything but the shirt and extra faceplate for MSRP, and one with the shirt and faceplat for $10 above MSRP. With a coupon I was able to get the more expensive bundle for MSRP, then I emailed CS about not getting the advertised free shipping, and they gave it to me.

So 5 extra trinkets for nothing. Yay.

Well I have a gas mileage check coming to me too, just gotta wait for the accountant to get in.

It should add another 50 bucks to my check. :p

[quote name='TFN']Well I have a gas mileage check coming to me too, just gotta wait for the accountant to get in.

It should add another 50 bucks to my check. :p[/quote]

How many (and what) hours does TFN work?

[quote name='fart_bubble']that sucks, I was really looking forward to it next week. Now of course I haven't heard the album yet but from the tracks that I've heard from them, you wouldn't expect them to go that route. I wonder why they whored out?[/QUOTE]

Well, here's the deal. I listened to it this morning at like 8 a.m., only an hour after waking up. I typically can't listen to hip-hop that early, especially something I haven't listened to yet. I wanted to listen, though, since I'll be reviewing it soon. I definitely need to listen to it a few more times, but that was my general impression. The guys have a knack for rapping really fast and coherently, but some of the beats were too club-ish or dance-y. As I wrote, though, I need to listen to it again.

[quote name='TFN']No, you can't jerk.

I'm not too fond of Hangar 18 either.[/QUOTE]

I can't jerk?

Cuttin' off my masturbation privileges?

[quote name='Maklershed']I want a WSB avatar too :cry:[/quote]

I've offered him favours, but WSB's staunch in his selection process. :(

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Well, here's the deal. I listened to it this morning at like 8 a.m., only an hour after waking up. I typically can't listen to hip-hop that early, especially something I haven't listened to yet. I wanted to listen, though, since I'll be reviewing it soon. I definitely need to listen to it a few more times, but that was my general impression. The guys have a knack for rapping really fast and coherently, but some of the beats were too club-ish or dance-y. As I wrote, though, I need to listen to it again.
[/quote]

So they went with the sound that is huge in the Philly/Balitmore area then.......odd to say the least

edit: threw Baltimore as that sound is popular there as well (and I think thats where that style orginated)

[quote name='Hex']How many (and what) hours does TFN work?[/quote]

8:30-5 monday-friday. 9.25 an hour.. and sometimes I have to come in an hour or two earlier or stay and hour or two later. It doesn't bother me though.. none of the attorneys or anything even come in here to tell me anything or see what I'm doing, just shut my door and the occassional asshole comes in to try and start a conversation but fails because I'm always silent. :D I do my bit of work throughout the day and apparently its 'more than enough' so I can surf the internet all day too. I usually stop cataloging and scanning around 3pm... then have two hours with nothing to do.

Hmmmmmpmmmm.

So I get a call the other day saying they want me to work every home Lions game for the rest of the season. Which is great...since I had been on a waiting list to do so for a while.

Turns out the guy who was originally there got his leg broken from a diving endzone catch. So I am taking his spot tomorrow for the Tampa Bay game.

Endzone Cam. Which is cool but I really wanted to be 4th field cam. Those guys get the best shots. Plus they get paid more and have a grip that follows them around and does their every desire.

Meh, at least I get free lunch, dinner, access to every part of the field. Hopefully I dont also get crushed by a diving endzone catch.

[quote name='fart_bubble']So they went with the sound that is huge in the Philly/Balitmore area then.......odd to say the least

edit: threw Baltimore as that sound is popular there as well (and I think thats where that style orginated)[/QUOTE]

Yeap. Need to listen more, though.

[quote name='TFN']8:30-5 monday-friday. 9.25 an hour.. and sometimes I have to come in an hour or two earlier or stay and hour or two later. It doesn't bother me though.. none of the attorneys or anything even come in here to tell me anything or see what I'm doing, just shut my door and the occassional asshole comes in to try and start a conversation but fails because I'm always silent. :D I do my bit of work throughout the day and apparently its 'more than enough' so I can surf the internet all day too. I usually stop cataloging and scanning around 3pm... then have two hours with nothing to do.[/quote]

Damn. So you're a copyboy at a law firm?

[quote name='Hex']Damn. So you're a copyboy at a law firm?[/quote]
Naw, they're starting to catalog their shit on the computer and everything is haywire... so I'm having to rename everything and organize shit, then scan the new files in and put 'em out to be shredded. They've got like 6 storage rooms of files needed to be scanned and organized so I guess thats what I'm here for, but the work piles up and piles up and piles up so its kinda like I'm never getting anywhere. I just put like 200 pages or so to scan, then get online while it does its magic. Too easy of a job. Nice experience and references though.. its like a top notch well known place. I'm also getting benefits and stuff, so its win for me while I can take night classes next semester and stuff. :D

I think everyone here is capable of making their own copies. :p Also, if the unreliable asshole downstairs decides not to show up or call in, I have to help out w/ errands and crap. Only time the job sucks, but the gas mileage is awesome. :p

even though she is salad fingers, I find this girl oddly attractive

Roisin+Murphy.jpg

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Cripes, I'm going to interview a Rwandan 20-something who goes to college here in Newport.

Talk about your all time sensitive topics.[/QUOTE]

Question #1: Who started it?

[quote name='Rocko']What the fuck? I try to make an online profile for Ratchet and Clank and it tells me invalid password.[/quote]

How good is the Ratchet and Clank series? That and Jak and Daxster were the two franchises I thought were suppose to be really good.

But for some reason I never got into them.

Maybe I will go back and try to play them at some point.

[quote name='zewone']fuck... I can't find my iPhone headphones anywhere...

I know it's going to cost ~$30 to replace. :cry:[/quote]

Regular iPod Headphones work. They reach.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']I got a shitload of Q's for him and I'm hoping that I don't step over any lines with him.[/QUOTE]

My senior thesis as an undergrad was on the UN response to the Rwandan genocide. I interviewed a lady (a Hutu) from Rwanda. Man, they get fired up when you talk about that what happened. I haven't kept up with internal Rwandan politics in a while (other than Kagame taking more and more power), but I was left with the impression that Rwanda, and possibly Burundi, will blow up again soon.

[quote name='Rocko']This is really fucking stupid. How can you have an invalid password when you're just making the fucking account?[/quote]

Sony. :roll: #-o

[quote name='fart_bubble']even though she is salad fingers, I find this girl oddly attractive

Roisin+Murphy.jpg
[/quote]

Doesn't she play guitar in the new Bruce Springsteen video? I know, it's not Steven van Zandt.

And WTF are 'salad fingers'?

[quote name='munch']My senior thesis as an undergrad was on the UN response to the Rwandan genocide. I interviewed a lady (a Hutu) from Rwanda. Man, they get fired up when you talk about that what happened. I haven't kept up with internal Rwandan politics in a while (other than Kagame taking more and more power), but I was left with the impression that Rwanda, and possibly Burundi, will blow up again soon.[/QUOTE]

Well then, any suggestions?

Here are my Q's. I know some of them might seem "light" but we're trying to make it so this guy, who is really just a kid at 19 or 20, is an actual person.

Can you tell me about your background? What exactly did it mean that you were born in exile?
-

Which language did you speak growing up and which languages can you speak or are fluent in?
-

Can you tell me about your journey here? International scholarship or something like that?
-

What brought you to Newport and Salve?
-

Had you been here before?
-

What was the transition like to life in the US?
-

Are you hoping to go back to Rwanda or staying here indefinitely and changing your citizenship?
-

Which organizations/coalitions are you involved with?
-

Can you sum up in one sentence what you and your brother are trying to do?
-

What are you studying? Why’d you chose that?
-

What’s your favorite part about American culture?
-

Favorite music to listen to?
-

Watching the baseball playoffs at all?
-

[quote name='Rocko']This is really fucking stupid. How can you have an invalid password when you're just making the fucking account?[/quote]Perhaps the password you're trying to make is in an invalid format?

To ship the TV looks like it'll cost about 40 total with USPS.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']I really hope SmarterChild comes back with the Live points.[/quote]

He did on Tuesday.

Long gone now though, racked up a good 10,000+. :D

[quote name='senorwoohoo']I really hope SmarterChild comes back with the Live points.[/quote]
Was it back?
I really need more points soon. Gunna change my tag and want to buy Super Street Fighter HD Turbo Remix.

DAMNIT! There should be a CAG SmarterChild alert window that pops up when he starts giving away those points.

I can't create a Live account online right?
I'd love to be able to just make one now and then rack up points with my boy SmarterChild.

And is Rocko skipping school?

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Was it back?
I really need more points soon. Gunna change my tag and want to buy Super Street Fighter HD Turbo Remix.

DAMNIT! There should be a CAG SmarterChild alert window that pops up when he starts giving away those points.[/quote]

Soon?

That ghaime ain't coming out till 2k8.

Lawlz. Hook me up w/ FF7 instead of being a greedy bitch, GMOOJ. ;)

I hate when people say 'bro'... like ''Yo, whats up, bro?''

Some dude just called you a 'bro' in the buy 1 get 1 half of GS/EB coupon thread, wahoo. :p

[quote name='Number83']Doesn't she play guitar in the new Bruce Springsteen video? I know, it's not Steven van Zandt.

And WTF are 'salad fingers'?[/quote]

Dunno about her being in Springsteen's video (she is a singer by the name of Roisin Murphy)

As for salad fingers, you never saw the Salad Fingers flash cartoon? The main physical feature of him is his insanely long fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back