The Al Snow Wrestling Thread

what does everybody want?

LEIF CASSIDY!!!

leifwallpx2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Easily the most underrated announcer they've had since the Attitude era. Funny as hell.

Also the best Euro champ of all time. "What does everybody want?" "KOPF!" (or insert the language of whatever country he was representing that week)

Germany:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0VHJp8nsNA

Greece:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1HXZoiAzbk

Al Snow knows that Hong Kong used to be a British colony and believes it still should be = best character development ever:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4_Jm1ks34s

Transylvania:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs98bKXgBsw

Matt, may I bear your children? :drool:

An Al Snow dedication is something I would do. :bouncy:

p.s. i dressed up as Al Snow for a Halloween :whistle2:#

KaneRobot, thanks for the videos. Al's European Champion gimmick was one of the highlights of his WWF career. Jay, I didn't even know he had done a shoot, especially recently. I'm going to check that out today. And Chase, you know I'd love to impregnate you any day. ;) Got any pics of yourself dressed up as him?

As for what he's doing right now, I am not completely sure. The shoot Jay posted probably could shed some light on the subject. He was released from his WWE contract as a wrestler (BOO!) but was still employed as a trainer for OVW. That ended when WWE ceased affiliation with OVW. I heard he made an appearance at a TNA house show a month or two ago, I believe in or near his hometown of Lima, but I doubt they'll be bringing him in full time.

one of my fave al snow moments in the wwe/f was when he and steve blackman teamed up again for the first time in a long time, and raw opened in the back with snow singing "reunited and it feels so good" with a boombox in hand as blackman looked on in disbelief.

well done mr. young

Al Snow was one of the most underrated members of the 1999-2000 WWF Roster.

I keep thinking about back then, and I can't help but miss the pre-Invasion WWF.

Good to see so many Al Snow fans here. But in other news...

[quote name='PWInsider']HOLLYWOOD NAME JOINS WWE CREATIVE TEAM
by Mike Johnson @ 3:51 PM on 7/28/2008

In what has to be seen as a surprising addition, actor Freddie Prinze Jr. started with World Wrestling Entertainment as a member of the creative team at today's Raw/Main Event taping in Washington, DC. Prinze, a big WWE fan, was at a number of events in recent months, including Wrestlemania weekend in Orlando, Florida and had been a "celebrity" blogger on the WWE Fan Nation online service.[/quote]

What. The. fuck.

[quote name='KaneRobot']
Transylvania:[/QUOTE]

Regal: "Is that a box of Count Chocula?" funny stuff, Al Snow sure was entertaining.

[quote name='Matt Young']Good to see so many Al Snow fans here. But in other news...

What. The. fuck.[/quote]

eh...wha...huh.... wha....how the...who hired...there are so many questions right now.

What does everybody need!?!?

Well chosen topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWInsider
HOLLYWOOD NAME JOINS WWE CREATIVE TEAM
by Mike Johnson @ 3:51 PM on 7/28/2008

In what has to be seen as a surprising addition, actor Freddie Prinze Jr. started with World Wrestling Entertainment as a member of the creative team at today's Raw/Main Event taping in Washington, DC. Prinze, a big WWE fan, was at a number of events in recent months, including Wrestlemania weekend in Orlando, Florida and had been a "celebrity" blogger on the WWE Fan Nation online service.

See? Dreams really do come true! Now they just need to hire Matthew Lillard.

So the technically sound free agent whom CM Punk is facing and the GM are going to be one and the same, right? William Regal, of course.

This Santino/Beth stuff keeps getting better. After all the running down of the Divas Santino has done, Beth shows him who wears the pants in that relationship. This being after Santino brings back the INVISIBLE TRUMPET CELEBRATION~!

best thing going on Raw right now. And man, Santino is a lucky bastard. First Maria, and now Beth.

[quote name='GTzerO']I want to fuck Beth Phoenix.[/QUOTE]

This.

Orton's not a free agent, and he's badly injured - it isn't him. Regal would technically be considered one from a storyline standpoint, so I'd expect him to be Punk's opponent, especially with Shane's setup of this being a "technically sound" free agent, and Punk using the word "king' last week. Oh goody, Michael Cole and Lawler competing for the world tag titles - already I hate this new GM. This has me pining for the Christmas Impact with the reindeer head ladder match, the Christmas Lights cage match, the toy chest women's battle royal, and the hardcore barb wire tree match.

Here's Hoping That Cole Wins The Belt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

That was incredibly akward with no annoucing at all. You'd think they could at least throw Todd Grisham a bone...

Edit: fuck. Adamle.

I just turned Raw on towards the end of the Santino/Phoenix vs D'Lo/Kelly match and I swore I heard Cole saying that Regal was the new GM. Then the next skit everyone was acting like they didn't know who it was.

Did Cole slip up or what happened there?

[quote name='Demolition Man']Shit... Adamle on an live mic on an live show.

Epic disaster incoming.[/QUOTE]

Could he be the new GM?

I bet it's Monty.

What's the point of that? What did they gain from this bait and switch?

Last edited by a moderator:
JBL rattles off a reference to Regal being THE REAL MAN'S MAN - awesome. Regal's new attire is neat, too. Much better than his black black/purple stuff before.

This is a weird raw.....and I was hoping it was K-kwik or whatever his old WWE name was.

That would have been hilarious

I'm loving how JBL is upselling Regal....JBL does a great job at that

And someone please tell me why Punk is getting BURIED RIGHT NOW!?!?!?!?!

bread's done
Back