"The American Dragon" Bryan Danielson Wrestling Thread

[quote name='Scorch']jamie noble is hurt really bad. that is why jericho is on the ramp for this segment. noble has not moved since knox laid him out. many emt workers are out. he is slowly being put on a stretcher.. he is hurt bad[/quote]

Here's some video someone took of Noble laying in the ring. I didn't see RAW at all though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VQ-LcwMpzM

Macho Man DVD match listing:

"He was one of the most controversial superstars in history of sports entertainment, through his complicated relationship with Miss Elizabeth, his dramatic WWE championship tournament run at WrestleMania IV, the formation and explosive breakup of the MegaPowers with Hulk Hogan, his reign as the Macho King, and his shocking jump to WCW. “Macho Man” Randy Savage brought a chaotic poetry to the ring. He’s widely considered one of the finest in-ring competitors of all time, and his interviews were always a sight to behold. For the first time ever, fans can relive the entire storied career in Macho Madness: The Ultimate Randy Savage Collection, a 3-DVD set that spans two decades of exciting and intense matchups."

The official Match Listing for the set:

Disc 1

WWE Debut
Randy Savage vs. Rick McGraw
Prime Time Wrestling July 9, 1985

Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat
Boston Garden December 7, 1985

WWE Championship Match
Randy Savage vs. Hulk Hogan
Madison Square Garden December 30, 1985

WWE Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship
Randy Savage vs. Tito Santana
Boston Garden February 8, 1986

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match
Randy Savage vs. Bruno Sammartino
Boston Garden January 3, 1987

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match
Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat
WrestleMania III March 29, 1987

Randy Savage vs. Honky Tonk Man
The Main Event February 5, 1988

WWE Championship Tournament Final
Randy Savage vs. Ted DiBiase
WrestleMania IV March 27, 1988

Steel Cage Match for the WWE Championship
Randy Savage vs. Ted DiBiase
Madison Square Garden June 25, 1988

Disc 2

Randy Savage & Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant & Ted DiBiase
SummerSlam August 29, 1988

WWE Championship Match
WrestleMania V April 2, 1989

WWE Championship Match
The Main Event March 22, 1990

Randy Savage / Sherri vs. Dusty Rhodes / Sapphire
WrestleMania VI April 1, 1990

Retirement Match
Randy Savage vs. Ultimate Warrior
WrestleMania VII March 24, 1991

Randy Savage vs. Jake Roberts
This Tuesday in Texas December 3, 1991

WWE Championship Match
Randy Savage vs. Ric Flair
WrestleMania VIII April 5, 1992

Disc 3

WWE Championship Match
Randy Savage vs. Shawn Michaels
European Rampage April 19, 1992

Randy Savage & Bret Hart vs. Ric Flair & Shawn Michaels
Worcester, MA July 22, 1992

WWE Championship Match
Randy Savage vs. Yokozuna
RAW February 28, 1994

Lifeguard Match
Bash at the Beach July 16, 1995

WCW Championship Match
Nitro January 22, 1996

Falls Count Anywhere Match
Randy Savage vs. Diamond Dallas Page
Great American Bash June 15, 1997

WCW Championship Match
Randy Savage & Sid Vicious vs. Kevin Nash & Sting
Bash at the Beach July 11, 1999

Looks like the "no documentary" rumor was true. Also, 4 Wrestlemania matches is too many IMO - that's probably 90+ minutes of footage repeated elsewhere already, several times over. And 4 non-WWF matches, all from WCW. Whatever.

Randy Savage & Bret Hart vs. Ric Flair & Shawn Michaels
Worcester, MA July 22, 1992
hahaha wow, it's so weird thinking about those four as being on the same roster at the same time. On paper it looks like a CAW match or something.

[quote name='mykevermin']Looks like the "no documentary" rumor was true. Also, 4 Wrestlemania matches is too many IMO - that's probably 90+ minutes of footage repeated elsewhere already, several times over. And 4 non-WWF matches, all from WCW. Whatever.[/quote]

That's the dilemma I have with these "career retrospective" DVDs. Do I want the best of the wrestler's career all in one package, no matter how many other sets I have the same stuff on? Or do I want more obscure stuff that I've not seen since it was first aired, or maybe not have seen at all?

I'm psyched for that set. I don't have any of the WMs on DVD (or tape from what I can recall) so glancing over the match listing, I think I only see one match that I already own (The Savage/Dusty match from WM VI is on the Dusty Rhodes DVD).

[quote name='Brak']What happened to Noble?[/quote]

Not too sure yet. He took a kick to the head, then Knox's finisher. You can see Knox stay down a second or two, I'm assuming that he's talking with Noble, and he does look concerned. The finisher itself didn't look bad, I'm thinking it may have been the kick to the head.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wbscVr5BAE[/media]

Hopefully they'll stop having Knox work programs with smaller guys.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']What's up with him not being able to put his legs down?[/quote]

That worried me as well. His legs remained in that position for a few minutes. They managed to get them down, but he kept them crooked. I keep checking WWE.com and a few wrestling sites because it looked like a pretty rough injury, but there's still no update on it.. maybe he's doing okay.

I never knew they had a Raw Live blog over on WWE.com, either. Fink hosted it last night (does he do this every week?) and you can ask him trivia, about matches, whatever.. and they have superstars swing by and take your questions. Katie Lea and Joey Styles showed up last night. Anyway, starting at 7:30PM EST next week, they will have THQ with them and they will be answering questions about the upcoming Legends of Wrestlemania game.

[quote name='neocisco']Tito was one of the first wrestlers that I took a real liking to. Thanks for the link, myke, I really enjoyed reading that, especially since he's doing so well.[/quote]

I feel the same way. I'm just baffled as to how they could leave him out of the Legends game, considering he wrestled at the first 9 Wreslemanias.

Reading the TNA spoilers has me thinking that they're scraping the bottom of the barrel right now.
Because Don West becomes a heel this week.

As for Raw, I only caught Jericho slamming Steamboat in the set. Was there anything else that's worth catching online?

[quote name='tangytangerine']Reading the TNA spoilers has me thinking that they're scraping the bottom of the barrel right now.
Because Don West becomes a heel this week.

As for Raw, I only caught Jericho slamming Steamboat in the set. Was there anything else that's worth catching online?[/quote]

Jamie Noble might be dead, the Punk/Morrison/Miz three-way was decent, and I loved the HHH/Orton confrontation until they started the chase. Other than that, it was Raw.

Like last week, there wasn't much to remember wrestling-wise about this show other than Punk busting out some funny Nova-riffic contrived two-on-one spots in his three way MITB qualifier, but it was a strong week on the mic that built up HHH-Orton really well with an awesome show-closing segment. Jericho-Steamboat was also very good, and featured Steamboat's best mic work that I can recall. Here, he showed great passion and like Piper last week, made some excellent points about Jericho being a hypocrite. I was also impressed at how well Steamboat bumped for Jericho considering that he was on the ramp and taken out of wrestling due to a back injury.

JBL-Michaels was okay, but these two just don't click well in the ring - although they were great together on the mic. WWE going back on the "winner faces 'Taker at 'Mania" stip for the sake of fucking Kozlov bugs me, as I was looking forward to 'Taker-HBK, and the possibility of that being nixed for his sake is not something I want.

As for the Savage set, I rather like the match listing - and I'm ecstatic to see his match against HBK from the UK included as that has some of my favorite leg work ever, with Savage limping like crazy throughout. I'll also be happy to finally have Savage-Roberts from Tuesday in Texas, Savage-Flair from the '95 GAB, and Savage-DDP from the '97 GAB in DVD quality, although I wish there were more Savage-Steamboat matches, I'm happy with all the Savage-Flair ones, and I would've loved to see some Memphis stuff on there, but I'm not surprised it's not included. There's a lot of overlap with other DVDs, not even just including the WM Anthology, but the match listing is still quite good, and the cover is awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tito would've been a welcome addition to the roster, and, as goofy as they were together, Martel to finish off Strike Force (w/ alternate Matador and Model attires)

It seems odd that they left out so many tag teams with Smackdown 09's focus on them. Would've been nice to see the Brainbusters,Rockers,Demolition,Powers of Pain and Twin Towers (notice that we have half of almost all of those teams)

Good news, Noble is ok.

[quote name='PWI']Jamie Noble is OK after suffering a stinger taking Mike Knox's finisher last night on Monday Night Raw. Noble was stretchered from the ring but was later OK.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear that Noble was okay. That kick was really, really nasty and the finisher looked botched as well, probably because of the kick.

I don't know about the stinger from the finisher. He had his legs up following the second to last move in the match, too.

Wow that was a pretty good match, especially for ECW. I like Swagger, and Christian sold that arm really good.

Christian vs. Swagger is one of the best matches I have seen in a long time, for anyone that missed it, watch it on YouTube or WWE.com tomorrow. That match was just phenomenal.

As for Christian selling his arm, I think he did actually hurt it, just the positioning his hand was in (even on spots where it would be near impossible to sell it). It looked hurt, but either way, they sold it to hell and back regardless. I still can't get over how great that match was, kudos to both Swagger and Christian, maybe this will show why they both belong in the main event.

I was amazed not just at how good the match was, but that they actually gave them 20 minutes (in total TV time including the commercials, not actual match time). Good stuff all around, and I liked that they teased with the same finish from Swagger/Hardy at the Rumble with the ring post hit into the gutwrench, only to have Christian attempt to counter.

It was indeed a great match. I actually view Swagger as a decent wrestler after that match.

WWE.com commented on Noble. I saw that it was mentioned above, but it gives a little more detail here:

NASHVILLE - For Jamie Noble, the agony of defeat at the hands of Mike Knox is thankfully only temporary. The Raw Superstar is recovering from a brutal corkscrew into the mat that left him motionless Monday night on Raw. It had been reported that Noble had no feeling in one of his arms and his hand.

"The Pitbull" was immediately placed on a stretcher by Dr. Chris Amann and WWE's Certified Athletic Trainers and taken via ambulance to a local emergency room in Nashville.

En route to the medical facility, Noble reportedly had begun regaining feeling in all of his limbs. An MRI administered shortly thereafter confirmed the best possible news.

"All of Jamie's tests were negative," Dr. Amann told WWE.com. "I expect him to be sore for the next several days, but I think he will do fine."
The Raw Superstar is in good spirits, and he expects to return to the ring as early as Monday.

Hey guys.. I haven't watched wrestling in about half a year, can someone fill me in on what I missed? I heard Christian debuted in ECW.. how did that go?

[quote name='pitfallharry219']So with Punk making it into the MitB match, this will be another Mania where the IC belt isn't defended. How many is this in a row now?[/quote]

7 years. That title hasn't been defended at WM since WM 18.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Hey guys.. I haven't watched wrestling in about half a year, can someone fill me in on what I missed? I heard Christian debuted in ECW.. how did that go?[/QUOTE]

You missed Edge being in 2 Elimination Chamber matches in a PPV. Lost the one he had the Title he had then won the Heavyweight Title. Jeff Hardy actually was the World Champ for a short time. Orton is in a fued with McMahons in which he has punted Vince & Shane then he RKO'ed Stephanie which has lead to him being in a fued with HHH. Cena is about fued with Edge over the Heavyweight Title which means he will be back on Smackdown soon. Jericho actually punched a fan who spit on him outside a venue because the security wasn't stopping anything.

These are the main things that I can think of at the moment.

OMG, Swagger vs Christian was one of the best TV matches I've recently seen.
Swagger is great in the ring, and Christian just was phenomenal.
Finally there's something good about to care to watch ECW.

Last night's show as a whole was really good, with Mark Henry being rebuilt as a threat, DJ Gabriel being put over as someone who can do more than dance, although he did fall up short in the end, while Dreamer-Birchill furthered the Boogey vs. the Birchills and Dreamer's losing streak/ECW Title chase storylines, the Tyson Kidd squash was fun, and the spin kick/springboard leaping elbow looked fantastic as well, and the main event just ruled.

Swagger and Christian continued to have great chemistry in the ring, and their timing tonight was perfect. The second rope sunset flip spot is something that can easily look bad, especially when done quickly, but they nailed it here and even managed to work in covering the arms with the legs of the sunset flipper - something that's often overlooked now. I loved the shoulderbreaker/Oklahoma Stampede/shoulder breaker spot, and things like Swagger hitting the pump splash once, only to fail on the second attempt, while Christian's first attempt at the diving headbutt failed, but succeeded the second time around, and Swagger hit a clothesline to the back of the head once, but failed again and nearly fell prey to the Killswitch as a result.

Swagger really shined here, getting many chances to showcase a bunch of amateur takedowns and suplexes, while Christian lived up to his billing by Striker as someone who can hit a foe and quickly, and he hit just about everything perfectly. More Swagger-Christian for the title, please. Swagger getting a clean win here was nice, too - he outsmarted Christian, but didn't do anything illegal like he did to win the belt, which helps him a bit, and still fits the idea of him using any part of the ring he can to win a match.

Screens -

Quotes -
Striker - DJ Gabriel is in ECW - that alone makes him credible!
Grisham - The real titan is in Tennessee - his name is Mark Henry!
Striker - This is like Suge Knight versus one of the Jonas Brothers!
Grisham - We asked Tony Atlas what he thought of DJ Gabriel and he said this isn’t Dancing With the Stars - it’s the WWE. Which I assume means that he doesn’t think Mark Henry’s gonna have much of a problem here.
(after being squashed by a World’s Strongest Slam)Grisham - For DJ Gabriel, this is the day the music died.
Striker - Tyson Kidd going against the third lost Mulkey Brother - Matt Boyce.
Grisham - What’s the advantage of having a manager? You used to be one a valet, Matt.
Striker - I wasn’t a…well, basically it’s a second set of eyes.
Grisham - THE BOOGEYMAN IS COMING TO GET YA, AND THE “YA” IS KATIE LEA!
Striker - Every major championship has changed hands here in Nashville. In 2002, the legendary Undertaker won the WWE Title, the World Heavyweight championship changed hands at Starrcade in ‘95, and in 1999, the ECW Title changed hands in Mike Awesome vs. Masato Tanaka.
(after mistiming a move and hitting the steps)Striker - Look at the way Christians fingers are flexed - that’s usually a sign of nerve damage!
(after a shoulder breaker/Oklahoma Stampede/shoulder breaker combo from Swagger)Striker - There’s nothing amateur about that - it was a professional beating.

I am watching the Christian Swagger match now. It is pretty damn good, and reinforces my belief that Christian is one of the most underrated solid wrestlers.

To bring up something that was being discussed a while ago. I like the unprettier. For people saying its unrealistic because he only holds on to the wrists. To me that seems more realistic than most moves. If you get a hold of someone's wrist and both of them for that matter, a person almost has complete control over someone's movement and power. So to me its a very cool legit move.

He's in the WWE; don't expected Christian to ever break out of his "underrated" status while there. He might get a run with the IC title, but that's about as likely for any given wrestler as Candice Michelle having a run-in with a crate full of King Dongs.

Is ROH's Shawn Osbourne the guy who was in OVW/WWE Developmental a few months back? If so, he doesn't look remotely close to how he used to.

[quote name='mykevermin']He's in the WWE; don't expected Christian to ever break out of his "underrated" status while there. He might get a run with the IC title, but that's about as likely for any given wrestler as Candice Michelle having a run-in with a crate full of King Dongs.[/quote]

Yeah and that saddens me, because he doesn't seem to fit into the US/intercontinental run, but I HIGHLY doubt him get any legitimate push for a World title, that just isn't some Smackdown main event "title shot" that is just used to further the story between the champion and some other person that isn't Christian. Its sad to see him pretty over, getting people to watch ECW, and having a great match with a relative newcomer, and still probably never given a chance. In TNA, the only reason he got a push was because he was the first "big" wwe to jump ship.

Oh well, Christian can take comfort in the fact that he is the only wrestler that I own a shirt of in my adult life.

I don't get Christian's appeal and never will. He's an average at best wrestler and his much touted 'mic skills' come off as incredibly phony and forced. His re-debut speech against Jack Swagger was painful to watch in it's delivery and unfunniness. The funny thing is originally he and the WWE knew it too. The nickname Captain Charisma was supposed to be ironic.

[quote name='Survivor Charlie']I don't get Christian's appeal and never will. He's an average at best wrestler and his much touted 'mic skills' come off as incredibly phony and forced. His re-debut speech against Jack Swagger was painful to watch in it's delivery and unfunniness. The funny thing is originally he and the WWE knew it too. The nickname Captain Charisma was supposed to be ironic.[/quote]

I think that his "face" promo with Swagger came off as more genuine than Jericho or Cena's face promos. I can see a lack of appeal for Christian, but to he's average at best is a pretty big stretch I think

I think a lot of the appeal comes from the heel Edge & Christian team. The gimmick allowed for them to come off as cheesy and they've gotten a lot of mileage out of it. Both of them still basically do promos in the same manner (aside from the few times we've gotten crazy Edge) and crowds still respond to them.

I agree on Christian's face promos sounding better than a Jericho or Cena face promo. Yes, he does try to fit in his catchphrases, but his entire promo isn't based entirely around them. Jericho's face promos got pretty brutal at the height of his popularity where he absolutely had to fit at least 8 things into each one. (jerichoholics, eeeeeeeeeeverrrr agane, ass clowns, etc.) I find Edge and Christian's promos to have a much more off the top of their heads/natural feel to them, regardless of the cheesy inflection.

bread's done
Back