The Batistwo Random Pics Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='mitch079']So, if Kerry Von Erich only had one foot, he technically never was eliminated at the Royal Rumbles he was in as both feet never hit the floor.[/QUOTE]

update-high-five.gif

Corre is a terrible name, I thought it was Core or Corps, but really it could've been worse, they could've just made a group acronym with each of their names.

Justin, Ezekiel, Wade, Slater.
Barrett, Ezekiel, Gabriel, Slater.

Jackson, Justin, Barrett, Slater. Double J, BS

Some of these might've totally happened in the 90s. ...er, maybe not.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Undertaker4eber']Have you guys seen the new Punk top rope shirt? I really really like it.
W02995BX.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Will definitely buy this when it drops in price.

Upon thinking about it some more, there's no way they didn't know Corre looks stupid. They probably named it that way so that whoever the superpower they're going against gets to make fun of their name and look witty.

Heel group named Corre so "superpower's name" can get cheap pops when making fun of their name.

WWE All Stars now has its own site - wweallstars.com. The roster is pretty barren - we've already seen Hogan, and I've read that Eddie Guerrero is also in it, as well as Jimmy Snuka and Sgt. Slaughter. I'm hoping for Arn Anderson, Brian Pillman or Owen Hart. I fully expect "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and Vince McMahon to be added as well.

Demo officially on the way. This thing comes out in a little over two months.

http://www.hiphopgamershow.com/new/...-hulk-hogan-vs-ultimate-warrior-in-the-works/

Here's something strange, Ring Of Honor is planning to do two iPPV from Atlanta on Wrestlemania weekend (1 Friday and 1 Saturday)

I can't see that going well.

[quote name='Chronis']Punk's new shirt is $40.... What the fuck. Will NOT buy.[/QUOTE]

That's the Top Rope collection. Basically really good looking shirts for an insane amount of money.

[quote name='Sporadic']Here's something strange, Ring Of Honor is planning to do two iPPV from Atlanta on Wrestlemania weekend (1 Friday and 1 Saturday)

I can't see that going well.

That's the Top Rope collection. Basically really good looking shirts for an insane amount of money.[/QUOTE]

Anyone want to split the costs and order?

Anyone want to split the costs and order?

You still think it is ok to post stuff like this after the response you received in the last thread?

Watch some matches on YouTube and see you like that style of wrestling or fuck off. Nobody is going to split the cost of a independent wrestling fed's iPPV which is only $15. Quit being a fucking tool.

[quote name='Sporadic']You still think it is ok to post stuff like this after the response you received in the last thread?

Watch some matches on YouTube and see you like that style of wrestling or fuck off. Nobody is going to split the cost of a independent wrestling fed's iPPV which is only $15. Quit being a fucking tool.[/QUOTE]

Says the person who has clearly watched streamed events in the past.

If you don't like my suggestion then maybe you should accept that it's not for you instead of being a hypocrite and a jerk. It's just as easily for me to "fuck off" to you as well but I won't because I like to behave with a bit more class.

http://www.amazon.com/Professional-...REP8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1295726948&sr=8-3

If you have a kindle (or use your computer/phone), I really recommend this book for $2.99. I've not finished it yet - and while you, as a smart mark, might find much of it redundant or told before, I think it has some unique perspective. I've found some of the matches he cites as having great moments/builds/finishes are not those we often reference. It gives some insight into how a pro wrestler watches and analyzes matches - with little regard for the promotion, event, and sometimes talent. For example, he's cited two great matches so far including Buff Bagwell - someone the internet loves to shit on.

I'm sick as a dog, but I'm about to head out and check out ROH for a bit.

[quote name='Scorch']WWE All Stars now has its own site - wweallstars.com. The roster is pretty barren - we've already seen Hogan, and I've read that Eddie Guerrero is also in it, as well as Jimmy Snuka and Sgt. Slaughter. I'm hoping for Arn Anderson, Brian Pillman or Owen Hart. I fully expect "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and Vince McMahon to be added as well.

Demo officially on the way. This thing comes out in a little over two months.

http://www.hiphopgamershow.com/new/...-hulk-hogan-vs-ultimate-warrior-in-the-works/[/QUOTE]

I've seen screenshots with Bret Hart and Andre the Giant in them. Macho Man was confirmed as well. Oooooh yeah freak out freak out. But only 30 slots on that roster page is pretty disappointing.

[quote name='mitch079']I've seen screenshots with Bret Hart and Andre the Giant in them. Macho Man was confirmed as well. Oooooh yeah freak out freak out. But only 30 slots on that roster page is pretty disappointing.[/QUOTE]

I know those three are in. They're on the roster page. I listed three that have been confirmed through one media outlet or another but aren't on the page yet.

Says the person who has clearly watched streamed events in the past.

If you don't like my suggestion then maybe you should accept that it's not for you instead of being a hypocrite and a jerk. It's just as easily for me to "fuck off" to you as well but I won't because I like to behave with a bit more class.

From the last time you tried to post that type of horseshit

[quote name='Me']Taste test the product? How about looking up some old Ring Of Honor matches on YouTube or buying a used DVD off of ebay for basically the cost of shipping? Or just gambling the small amount of cash on something that has a ton of critical buzz? This isn't like music or movies or games where there can be drastic changes between genres. It's pro wrestling. If you like the wrestling aspect, there is a very high chance you'll like Ring Of Honor.

And I know some people here may think that I'm being hypocritical since I'm a pretty big pirate but there comes a point where you have to put your money where your mouth is or you are just a greedy asshole that stands for nothing. If you want to see alternatives from the blandness that is the status quo, you have to support them. If they are giving you a high quality product and they respect you, the least you can do is give them a little bit of money.

There is also a big difference from pirating a monthly 3-hour PPV that costs $40 and still sells a minimum of 100,000 even when 10,000-15,000 are watching a stream (or TNA's which is always horrible/feels like what an episode of Impact should be) and pirating a (what is RoH's schedule, one every three or four months?) 3-hour iPPV that costs $15 and barely breaks 10,000 buys.

And what is the price point you would buy in if $15 isn't cheap enough? $7.50 with two people? $5 with three? $1 with fifteen?[/QUOTE]

And the fact that last time you had just about everybody (not just me) call you out for what you wanted to do.

Either spend the $15 or don't, I don't care, but don't ask us to help you rip them off.

I don't feel like finding the post, but someone said the PunkNexus shirt didn't have the 'Authentic' tag, right?

For what's worth, I just got the two 'broken N' Nexus shirts from that $14.99 for two deal, and they've got the 'Authentic' tag.

So, it seems that they're consistently inconsistent with it. Bizarre.

[quote name='Sporadic']From the last time you tried to post that type of horseshit

And the fact that last time you had just about everybody (not just me) call you out for what you wanted to do.

Either spend the $15 or don't, I don't care, but don't ask us to help you rip them off.[/QUOTE]

Rationalize as much as you want. You're pretty much just a hypocrite man. You stream stuff. You steal stuff. But when I want to do what you do - I'm suddenly evil. Please.

I bet I can go into your post history and find you asking for WWE/TNA streams. Well you've ripped off those organizations. On top of that - please go into the CAG gameshare thread and enter your ramblings there as well.

By all means. Prove your earnestness by going here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274279

And telling everyone that no one in the thread should ask you to rip Sony off. You won't. So please spew your bullshit to someone else. I'm not interested. You've made it clear you're not interested. Thanks. Goodbye.

Conversation over. Leave me alone.

Anyway. Is anyone interested in splitting costs on the Chicago ROH iPPV. I have three friends coming over so we're splitting costs three ways already. If anyone is interested in joining and further splitting costs PM me.

Rationalize as much as you want. You're pretty much just a hypocrite man. You stream stuff. You steal stuff. But when I want to do what you do - I'm suddenly evil. Please.

I bet I can go into your post history and find you asking for WWE/TNA streams. Well you've ripped off those organizations. On top of that - please go into the CAG gameshare thread and enter your ramblings there as well.

By all means. Prove your earnestness by going here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274279

And telling everyone that no one in the thread should ask you to rip Sony off. You won't. So please spew your bullshit to someone else. I'm not interested. You've made it clear you're not interested. Thanks. Goodbye.

Anyway. Is anyone interested in splitting costs on the Chicago ROH iPPV. I have three friends coming over so we're splitting costs three ways already. If anyone is interested in joining and further splitting costs PM me.

Talk about a cheapass. I get trying to save a buck or two, but damn man, you are severely stretching it here.....

[quote name='PhrostByte']Hey fellow wrestling fans... I just got back from a trip where I wasn't able to keep up with wrestling much... however I did meet someone who worked in the WWE and seems to know just about every wrestler alive.

Anyway, he told me that Matt Hardy debuted in TNA and it was hella boring. Is that true? What else has happened in the past month?[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot for answering my question assholes....

btw Anse stop being a cheapassbastard. :p

Not really. Look at what you are stealing buddy.

And I never said you were evil, just a giant tool that can't take a hint.

I bet I can go into your post history and find you asking for WWE/TNA streams. Well you've ripped off those organizations.

No need to go through my post history, I've already posted that and the difference. Guess you can try to say I'm rationalizing my behavior but whatever. I posted my morals...where's yours?

So, $5 for a three hour iPPV isn't cheap enough for you? You are pathetic.

If you're going to be cheap - this is the site to do it at. ;)

Right now my friends and I are paying 5$ each for the PPV.

If anyone wants to watch ROH - they can chip in with us.

Oops, looks like the mods do care, Ansé Solis and that what you were trying to do was different than gamesharing. :lol:

--------------

GoFightLive is giving away this PPV.

Match#1: Victorious Secret VS Chemical Z

After the match Bryce Benjamin and his manager JC Smallz came out and declared that since Jerry Lynn cheated him out of the GALLI title vs Joey Marx they were here to get even. Smallz told Benjamin he had a present for him and pulled out a beautiful Championship Belt and told GALLI owner Robles that his nightmare was back and that Bryce was officially the "New Underground Project" Champion.

Match#2: For the "Underground Title" Bryce Benjamin VS Furia Roja

Match 3: Guardian & Golden Star def Demencia & Nemesis in a fast paced classic Mexican highflying match.

Match 4: For the GALLI Championship. This match went back and forth with Noriega using his power and Marx his speed. Towards the end, Marx hit a 450 and looked to take it home. When the ref. counted 2 Nieves jumped on the apron and stopped. Marx nailed Nieves and went for the cover. JC Smallz came out and stopped the count again arguing with the ref. Marx went for Smallz. When he turned around Bryce Benjamin hit himwith an inverted choke slam and rollled Noriega on to him. Then the ref turned around and counted to 3. With this Noriega became the new champion and Nieves said they were going for the sweep.

Main Event: For the "International Title" Another nail biter that went back and forth. With the help of Noriega and Nieves it looked like Billy would be crowned. When Noriega went to give Emperador a Chair shot he turned it on Billy And Emperador got the 123. To retain the Title.

Looks pretty horrible but free is free and maybe it will be good for a laugh.

http://www.gofightlive.tv/Events/Fight/Wrestling/Toy_Drive_Lucha/919

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sporadic']Oops, looks like the mods do care, Ansé Solis and that what you were trying to do was different than gamesharing. :lol:

--------------

GoFightLive is giving away this PPV.

Looks pretty horrible but free is free and maybe it will be good for a laugh.

http://www.gofightlive.tv/Events/Fight/Wrestling/Toy_Drive_Lucha/919[/QUOTE]

Hey man. If that's what it takes for you to feel better about yourself, more power to you.

Like I said - I'm already paying 5$ for the iPPV so no matter how much you persist about it, you can't stop me.

[quote name='Sporadic']Here's something strange, Ring Of Honor is planning to do two iPPV from Atlanta on Wrestlemania weekend (1 Friday and 1 Saturday)

I can't see that going well.[/QUOTE]

The 4/1 show starts at 8p and the 4/2 show starts at 1p. DGUSA has a show on 4/2 that starts at 8p and a second on 4/3 that starts at 12p.

I just bought tickets today for the 4/1 ROH show. I was considering going to the 4/2 show at 1p then the DGUSA show that night. Two shows in the same day though (along with the second, and probably inferior, ROH show only 14 hours after the first) would just be burnout. I'm still considering going to the DGUSA show Saturday night if I can get an idea of who's on the card.

Hey man. If that's what it takes for you to feel better about yourself, more power to you.

Like I said - I'm already paying 5$ for the iPPV so no matter how much you persist about it, you can't stop me.

Go keep sph company.

[quote name='neocisco']The 4/1 show starts at 8p and the 4/2 show starts at 1p. DGUSA has a show on 4/2 that starts at 8p and a second on 4/3 that starts at 12p.

I just bought tickets today for the 4/1 ROH show. I was considering going to the 4/2 show at 1p then the DGUSA show that night. Two shows in the same day though (along with the second, and probably inferior, ROH show only 14 hours after the first) would just be burnout. I'm still considering going to the DGUSA show Saturday night if I can get an idea of who's on the card.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, definitely keep it to one show per day. When I did my RoH/Wrestlemania weekend in 2008, I was pretty burnt out by the second night and only the theatrics of being at Wrestlemania saved me on the third.

The DGUSA show should be pretty good depending on who they are bringing in that night.

[quote name='neocisco']The 4/1 show starts at 8p and the 4/2 show starts at 1p. DGUSA has a show on 4/2 that starts at 8p and a second on 4/3 that starts at 12p.

I just bought tickets today for the 4/1 ROH show. I was considering going to the 4/2 show at 1p then the DGUSA show that night. Two shows in the same day though (along with the second, and probably inferior, ROH show only 14 hours after the first) would just be burnout. I'm still considering going to the DGUSA show Saturday night if I can get an idea of who's on the card.

Go keep sph company.[/QUOTE]

How's that amazing ROH DVD collection going for you?

Former WWF and WCW talent Sidney Eudy (a/k/a Sid Vicious) was arrested Friday in Memphis, Tennessee after police pulled him over for driving without wearing a seatbelt.

The officer noticed a bag containing 18 grams of marijuana sitting on an armrest of Eudy's car.

Eudy was charged with marijuana possession, driving without a license, and not wearing a seatbelt. He was released on $1,000 bond.

xbg2n7.png

[quote name='Mr. Beef']
xbg2n7.png
[/QUOTE]

Anybody else find Sid's potentially high grin creepier than over the top psycho mode?

[quote name='Mr. Beef']
xbg2n7.png
[/QUOTE]

Liiiives...are gonna be...in Waylon Mercy's Sidney Eudy's hands. Y'know what ah mean?

Pot? Driving without a seatbelt? Oh, jeez. What weak charges (I'll give you driving w/o a license, though).

[quote name='007']I don't feel like finding the post, but someone said the PunkNexus shirt didn't have the 'Authentic' tag, right?

For what's worth, I just got the two 'broken N' Nexus shirts from that $14.99 for two deal, and they've got the 'Authentic' tag.

So, it seems that they're consistently inconsistent with it. Bizarre.[/QUOTE]

Yeah both of my Nexus shirts have the tag. The Punk is the first one that hasnt had it that I have bought since they started doing the authentic tag. Even my Punk "Aftershock" had it and it came out like two weeks before the Nexus one.

[quote name='mykevermin']Liiiives...are gonna be...in Waylon Mercy's Sidney Eudy's hands. Y'know what ah mean?[/QUOTE]

Oh geeze myke, you just reminded me that Jeff Hardy got his ass handed to him for 4 minutes stright by Waylon Mercy in one of his early WWF matches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bJaLmRJDCQ&feature=related

EDIT: [quote name='Brak']Why does that mugshot look like a Mike Judge illustration?[/QUOTE]

This is probably why:

20239_104069739611681_100000259666558_107268_2602206_n.jpg
beavis.jpg

LOL. Jeff Hardy. From jobbing to a never was midcarder to Champion in both WWE and TNA. Despite his personal issues, the boy has paid his dues.

[quote name='Sporadic']Here's something strange, Ring Of Honor is planning to do two iPPV from Atlanta on Wrestlemania weekend (1 Friday and 1 Saturday).[/QUOTE]

I really hope they do a package deal for those who want to order both shows.

[quote name='Demolition Man']I really hope they do a package deal for those who want to order both shows.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm hoping for.

Something like $20 for both of them would be a good deal since they already have the equipment in the building.

I think I'm back all in with wrestling again. Had to watch some NJPW to get back into it. The G1 Climax was straight badass, and seeing my boy Satoshi Kojima become TWGP champ was awesome. As much as I like Tanahashi, I'm a little pissed Koji dropped the title to him...eh, oh well. At least Koji had it for a little while.

^ EDIT: You going to the NJPW show on 5/15?

Thanks for posting that Waylon Mercy match. Even 15 years ago, I loved that character. I knew it was a rip-off of DeNiro's character in Cape Fear - but if you're going to rip off someone, Scorcese is a fine place to start.

Spivey was believable as hell in that role - kicks to the ribs, a *gorgeous* brainbuster - the moveset he used as Mercy was that of someone who had little regard for the wellbeing of his opponent. Mercy wouldn't have worked if Spivey was doing armbars and headlocks. I'm not totally sold on the sleeper as a finisher, as it doesn't scream "Mercy." But it allowed WWF to feature his bug-eyed, maniacal look, so perhaps that's why they went with it. I would prefer the Stump Puller (or some similar maneuver to make his opponent 'beg for mercy," but at the time it was a move that was on its way out of wrestling (and I believe Doink and Big Bully Busick used it as well).

It's a shame Spivey was injured and the character so short-lived. They could have fed him to Bret Hart in a months-long title feud (I'm guessing Hart was champion at the time).

[quote name='mykevermin'] You going to the NJPW show on 5/15?

[/QUOTE]

I wish I was going, but as of now, I'm not. Plans could change though. Especially if Kojima or, if by some stroke of luck, Muta shows up. I'll find a damn way to get tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back