The Beer, Pussy, and Chicken Fingers OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='seanr1221']A Panasonic Plasma.[/QUOTE]

He said cost effective. I kind of wish I held out for one of those since my Sammy makes a buzzing noise. They are coming out to pick it up and fix it this week though. I did get it for super cheap so I can't complain too much if a trip to the repair shop fixes it.

If he is going Plasma, the Zenith 50" plasma gets high marks. Its a rebadged LG and it usually goes for like 5-6 depending on the deals and available cash back rewards.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']He said cost effective. I kind of wish I held out for one of those since my Sammy makes a buzzing noise. They are coming out to pick it up and fix it this week though. I did get it for super cheap so I can't complain too much if a trip to the repair shop fixes it.

If he is going Plasma, the Zenith 50" plasma gets high marks. Its a rebadged LG and it usually goes for like 5-6 depending on the deals and available cash back rewards.[/QUOTE]

I thought CostCo sells them at a good price.

[quote name='seanr1221']I thought CostCo sells them at a good price.[/QUOTE]

You could be right, I am just thinking about the price of what the 60 inchers was running and scaling down in my brain. I have spent two months looking at TV's in that size range so my mind is geared towards pricing things within that range.

Anyone with extensive phone knowledge have any opinions on the LG Optimus V vs. the HTC Wildfire?

May have bought my wife the wrong (cheaper) phone.

[quote name='eldergamer']Anyone with extensive phone knowledge have any opinions on the LG Optimus V vs. the HTC Wildfire?

May have bought my wife the wrong (cheaper) phone.[/QUOTE]

Not extensive but I had a wildfire and it was decent. It got the job done.

So my kid picked the He-Man She Ra Christmas special to watch next off NetFlix . . .
The homo-eroticism and phallic objects are out of control. My wife and I are laughing our asses off.
I can't believe I've never seen this.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I started watching Mad Men tonight. January Jones is a terrible fucking actress.[/QUOTE]

You are going to despise her by the end of season 2.

Has anybody tried out those Crest teeth whitening strips? I think I may burn some of my Amazon credit and grab a box to try out. I'm mostly curious about the effectiveness of the product.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']I was thinking the same exact thing.[/QUOTE]

Kinda looks like one too:

january-jones1.jpg

Nice rack. :lol:

Frosty - XBL 12 month card is $39.99 at Amazon right now

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I started watching Mad Men tonight. January Jones is a terrible fucking actress.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but she's outrageously cute. See also: Unknown.

[quote name='Rocko']So do I actually need Playstation Plus?

Also, for anyone why plays PS3 online, my tag is Rokk_0[/QUOTE]

No.

Playstation Plus gives you additional discounts, free games on a month basis, cloud storage, and automatic patches/updates for games and the system (maybe some other stuff, but those are the benefits I'm familiar with).

For December, for example, in addition to whatever Minis and PSX classics they gave out (I'm forgetting what they were because I don't play those, really), they gave out free copies of Tomb Raider Underworld and Marvel Pinball.

If you just want to play something online occasionally or watch netflix/hulu plus/etc., you don't need a subscription. (Well, you need a sub for netflix or hulu plus, of course, but you don't need the service subscription & PS+ to watch on your PS3.)

--

The best reason to join usually ends up being "whoa, holy shit, they're giving away a $15 game I wanted anyway". By the time you're done with the 3 months or year your purchased, you're dependent upon the auto-updates and cloud storage (though they need to expand the size now that MS is offering 4x the size to Gold subscribers). :lol:
The one catch is that if you let your membership lapse any of the free games lock themselves out. Once you renew, they become available again. I think cloud saves are maintained for 60 days or so after your membership expires before they're deleted.

Hm, duly noted. I'll probably end up waiting until I see a game I want being given away and sign up then, sounds like it would be worth it.

Actually, looks like this month is Spyro: Year of the Dragon if I understand their front page: http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-plus/

I might just sign up today for 3 months... do they sill PS+ cards in stores? Could I manage to find a deal if I wait?

I wish entering XBL sub codes didn't turn on auto-renewal, though at least I can turn it off on the website now.

PS+ has been worth it for me due to the deals they offer, especially on new games. They're offering all of the Spyro games right now.

I'd be more inclined to buy PS+ if my PS3 could actually download the free content I need for Innfamous 2 to play instead of giving me error messages... -________-;

Oh, I see what you mean, all 3 Spyro games are offered now... I really can't turn that down, guess I'll pick up a sub sometime soon. Do the PS Classic games have trophies?

[quote name='Rocko']Hm, duly noted. I'll probably end up waiting until I see a game I want being given away and sign up then, sounds like it would be worth it.

Actually, looks like this month is Spyro: Year of the Dragon if I understand their front page: http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-plus/

I might just sign up today for 3 months... do they sill PS+ cards in stores? Could I manage to find a deal if I wait?[/QUOTE]

All four games on that page are free right now, until the first tuesday in January, so if you signed up today, you'd get Spyro (PSX) the Orbit something (Mini) and Tomb Raider Underworld and Marvel Pinball (PS3/PSN) which would all be playable for the 3 months you were subscribed.

In my history of PS+, I've only seen a deal once. And it was a Target pricing error that some stores were honoring to get a year for $15.

No trophies in PS Classic games. They're just emulated from ISO dumps of the games, I believe. Playable on PS3 or your PSP.

Any recommendations on the best blu ray player for under $100? All the bells and whistles would be nice, but not a necessity.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']All four games on that page are free right now, until the first tuesday in January, so if you signed up today, you'd get Spyro (PSX) the Orbit something (Mini) and Tomb Raider Underworld and Marvel Pinball (PS3/PSN) which would all be playable for the 3 months you were subscribed.

In my history of PS+, I've only seen a deal once. And it was a Target pricing error that some stores were honoring to get a year for $15.

No trophies in PS Classic games. They're just emulated from ISO dumps of the games, I believe. Playable on PS3 or your PSP.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I realized I got a 30 day free trial with my PS3, so I used that to secure the 3 Spyro games since I do really love those games. I can decide later if I want to subscribe or not, I'm just glad I locked those in since they're some of my favorites.

I just took a look at the NMH: Heroes Paradise trophies, looks like not only will I be beating that game over again, but I'll be playing it for a while. I need that platinum trophy.

Just know that any of the free games you get from PS+ will only be playable while you're an active subscriber, so if you let your trial lapse, the Spyro games will ask you to pay up (either straight up buy them or renew your sub) to keep playing them. Themes, avatars, and games you pay for are yours to keep for good.

As long as the games come back once the sub renews even if it lapses for a while, it's all good. I figure, the Spyro games alone at $18 that I totally would have spent, so if I can squeeze $30 worth of value out of the rest of the year of PS+ it's worth it. Because I definitely would have purchased the Spyro games.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMP...f=sr_1_16?s=tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1324933825&sr=1-16

I don't know when Avatar hits retail, but you could buy this and flip Avatar and end up with a good BD player for probably 70-80 bucks. Panasonic has exclusive rights to it for another two months, but I doubt it hits retail right after the exclusivity ends.[/QUOTE]

The 210 was just on sale a few weeks ago on Amazon and I snagged it. Really digging it. Love the quick mode - I hit play on my remote and it goes from off to playing the dvd (bookmarked from where I stopped last night) in about 5 seconds. Plus it has all the apps like Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon, NHL, etc

Just got back to my apartment after going back to Norfolk on Thursday. We turned the heat off when we left and upon return it was about 50° inside. I thought I was going to die.

You don't argue with Topsy Turtle.

One christmas gift barely lasted 24 hours before I decided it had too many small parts and was juts being ignored on the floor. Into the trash it went.

The crayons have already had all the paper removed and been broken in half.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with the Kindle Fire. I dont feel like paying for apps for it. Watching TV on it feels odd when someone else is already watching TV. I guess it makes a nice portable web browser.

(I'd still rather read paperback books. Those can always be traded/sold for more books. Digital books can't)

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Just what is the average life span of an OTT now? They seem to last forever now?[/QUOTE]

Probably some where close to a month. We need some conversation starters.

I am totally making kimchi tomorrow. I am excited. Hopefully I won't create some toxic concoction after the couple day fermentation period.

Rocko, if you're not just downloading everything that you can for free on PS+, you should definitely check out A Space Shooter for Two Bucks. It's a good shmup that can be a bit hard at first until you can buy some upgrades.

[quote name='Maklershed']The 210 was just on sale a few weeks ago on Amazon and I snagged it. Really digging it. Love the quick mode - I hit play on my remote and it goes from off to playing the dvd (bookmarked from where I stopped last night) in about 5 seconds. Plus it has all the apps like Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon, NHL, etc[/QUOTE]

How much was it? I would like one that does Amazon. I don't think the 110 does.

[quote name='munch']How much was it? I would like one that does Amazon. I don't think the 110 does.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I would get the 210 over the 110. 210 was 127 with a 20 dollar amazon credit.

My original plan was to sell my PS3, then get a logitech revue and a blu ray player. If I can get amazon on a blu ray player, then I might not get the Revue.

I can't respond to your PM anonymous; has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back