The Beer, Pussy, and Chicken Fingers OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm loving Infamous 2, but I'm getting so sidetracked doing karma stuff and finding pigeons and blast shards... it's from Gamefly so I gotta finish it before I start the games I own. :lol:

Definitely will have to pick up the first one.

Well, the kimchi I made last night/this morning is pretty good. I set aside some to ferment to try out since I believe it is traditionally fermented. Now I just need to tweak the recipe the next time I make it.

[quote name='Number83']I'm at work, but it's really like having the week off. I've done nothing!!![/QUOTE]

That was like last week for me. Finals ended on the 16th, so there was no one around. Nice quiet week to get a few things done.

Almost afriad to go back to work later this week. Far too many "Due by the End of the Year" competencies that didnt get assigned until December.

And an announcement that they need to reduce 12 FTE over the next year too.
Of course, I'm on FMLA and can't be touched. :)

More New Vegas tonight. Just like in Fallout 3; it's play the game at night, check the Wikia in the morning to see what I missed or where to go next.

[quote name='Rocko']I'm loving Infamous 2, but I'm getting so sidetracked doing karma stuff and finding pigeons and blast shards... it's from Gamefly so I gotta finish it before I start the games I own. :lol:

Definitely will have to pick up the first one.[/QUOTE]
There's a PSN spin-off for $10 that's centered around vampires/Halloween that could be a good game to play between the first and second games.

Pot roast is done. Top round braised over carrots, peppers, onions, mushrooms, and tomato in a hard cider broth. Mmmm.

[quote name='Dkellar']Well, the kimchi I made last night/this morning is pretty good. I set aside some to ferment to try out since I believe it is traditionally fermented. Now I just need to tweak the recipe the next time I make it.[/QUOTE]

My dad said they put it on the top of buses.

Halo looks fantastic in 3D.

Finished baby shower with co-workers. Eldest child was excessively weird and I'll likely have to explain "Well, he has some autistic chartestics, especially in unfamillar enviornemnts'

Of course, co-workers don't appear annoying in social enviornemnt so I get no sympathy from the wife. :sad:

And back to work tomorrow, shit.

Dec 26-Dec 30 has to be the most dull, nothing-happening period of the year. Especially since that period falls on all weekdays this year.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']

Halo looks fantastic in 3D.[/QUOTE]

I was impressed, but sadly I can't play games for a long time in 3D without feeling sick. Luckily movies don't effect me, so I guess it's the fast motion of games.

---

So on iOS last week, an app called iMame came out. You can all guess what that allowed you to do.

I found an iCade machine at Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday for 40.00 so I scooped it up. Really cool playing The Simpsons, Punisher, Turtles in Time, Metal Slug, etc with physical controls.

Went to the hospital ER last night for diahrea and stomach pain at 8pm and didn't get out until 2am. They did a CAT scan and blood tests and didn't find anything. I feel ok today aside from a nasty date with the throne this morning. :lol:

[quote name='Maklershed']Well OTT - I am now an uncle. :)[/QUOTE]

Way to go on being so old, you old guy. :lol:

(why is pussy "discusting"?)

Can I get both the good and evil karmic powers in Infamous 2? I just earned the top good rank and I'm wondering if I go all evil, can I get the evil ones too or will I lose the good ones? Is there any reason to stick to a certain karma path other than the powers?

Edit: Ah, I see, trophies for the different karmic missions... guess you need to play twice to get all of them. Ah well. I'm not feeling that since it's a rental. Maybe later.

[quote name='Rocko']Can I get both the good and evil karmic powers in Infamous 2? I just earned the top good rank and I'm wondering if I go all evil, can I get the evil ones too or will I lose the good ones? Is there any reason to stick to a certain karma path other than the powers?

Edit: Ah, I see, trophies for the different karmic missions... guess you need to play twice to get all of them. Ah well. I'm not feeling that since it's a rental. Maybe later.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you need a full on good and full on evil playthrough to do powers -- when you fork to do the karmic missions, it works toward unlocking a corresponding power and locks out the opposite.

Is Infamous 1 as good as the second one? Or, rather, will I be totally underwhelmed if I play the first one later?

[quote name='Rocko']Is Infamous 1 as good as the second one? Or, rather, will I be totally underwhelmed if I play the first one later?[/QUOTE]

I think I actually liked the first one better, but it's pretty much more of the same; some of the powers are different, it takes awhile to get the hover glide power, which sucks for getting around... the stunt system has more meaning, but generally, it's about the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning, OTT!

[quote name='Maklershed']Well OTT - I am now an uncle. :)[/QUOTE]

Grats, Uncle Mak...Time to start the College Fund!

[quote name='Blade']Way to go on being so old, you old guy. :lol:

(why is pussy "discusting"?)[/QUOTE]

I don't find it 'Discusting' at all. However I am currently cut off, as I refuse to get a haircut. Going on 5 weeks now. IT DOESN'T CONTROL ME!!!!!!

...What time does the Barber Open?

[quote name='Chika']Drinking alone on a week night. That's bad, isn't it?[/QUOTE]

Not at all! I've done it many times. Drink up!!!

[quote name='Number83']Grats, Uncle Mak...Time to start the College Fund! [/QUOTE]

I got a nice savings bond for Christmas - I'll let my bro take care of the college fund.

[quote name='Maklershed']I got a nice savings bond for Christmas - I'll let my bro take care of the college fund.[/QUOTE]

What would this Uncle do?

4344004.jpg

[quote name='Maklershed']I got a nice savings bond for Christmas - I'll let my bro take care of the college fund.[/QUOTE]

As a college student who got a bunch of savings bonds as a child every year from a couple relatives and had parents responsible enough to force me to save them, they are fucking awesome gifts. It's nice to know I have a couple thousand bucks sitting around waiting for me (thanks, grandpa!).

Yeah I figured a few years down the line she'd appreciate getting $100+ a little more than me telling her I bought her a stuffed animal when she was in diapers.

[quote name='Dkellar']I get to fix my mailbox today thanks to my neighbor hitting it yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Your neighbor sure is a real winner.

[quote name='Chika']Your neighbor sure is a real winner.[/QUOTE]

Yep, totally. It is the same one that steals my paper although I think he tried to bend it back today as it was in a different position from this morning when I got home. I still went out there to correct it. Oh, your inbox is still full.

So I get a new N router, and this is the result:

Is my internet just fucked? I mean, goddamn. It's so uneven all of the time.

That reminds me, I still need to get mine done. Moved back to PA late may, still driving around with WV tags. Way I see it, since I got my tags done in WV back in March, I hated the idea of spending whatever amount to register back in PA right away. So figured I'd wait until the new year and got my tax return. That way, if something needs fixing, I could maybe actually afford it. At least the one good thing about out of state tags is I can drive like a moron and people won't think any less of me as they'll just think I'm a lost tourist.

As long as I don't let my tags expire like I did when I moved to WV. Had expired PA tags for a good 6 months at least.

[quote name='JStryke']That reminds me, I still need to get mine done. Moved back to PA late may, still driving around with WV tags. Way I see it, since I got my tags done in WV back in March, I hated the idea of spending whatever amount to register back in PA right away. So figured I'd wait until the new year and got my tax return. That way, if something needs fixing, I could maybe actually afford it. At least the one good thing about out of state tags is I can drive like a moron and people won't think any less of me as they'll just think I'm a lost tourist.

As long as I don't let my tags expire like I did when I moved to WV. Had expired PA tags for a good 6 months at least.[/QUOTE]

And the bad thing about out of state tags (As I learned two years ago) is that there's hefty fees for using them.

I bought a car in Oregon. I live in Washington. Oregon tags were still valid for another 12 months, so I figured, why change them?

Cue about 6 months later when I get pulled over for having a broken headlight. Cop sees I have Oregon tags and a Washington drivers license.
Hear the lecture. See the ticket. Witness the court date.

End story, it was about a $1100 ticket. Took most of my tax refund that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back