The Beer, Pussy, and Chicken Fingers OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two co-workers who are computer illiterate; one more so than the other. I taught one of them how to backup DVDs and he taught the other...that was the biggest mistake I've ever made. Mind you, I am no computer wiz at all, but I know enough to get me by and where to look when I don't. They haven't stopped calling, texting, coming to my office with questions on the software...:drool: I finally told them to leave me the fuck alone and get to work.

Started off the new year the right way. With systemic hives and my throat swelling up. The doctor says it was an auto-immune flare and not an allergy, and that they're going to be around for weeks...I'll be taking Benadryl for the next month. Awesome.

[quote name='Chika']Started off the new year the right way. With systemic hives and my throat swelling up. The doctor says it was an auto-immune flare and not an allergy, and that they're going to be around for weeks...I'll be taking Benadryl for the next month. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

Party time in effect.

:puts up the temporaryscars signal:

you're still in NY state, right?
handgun concealed carry permit -- how much is the license?
if i wanted to buy a simple handgun (the first one that pops into my head is a glock 19 for some reason) what is a good starter weapon?

[quote name='JStryke']Depression shouldn't start until single's awareness day though.[/QUOTE]

I don't fret that holiday ever...I nipped that in the butt when Mrs. Number83 and I started dating.

3 years of dating, 12 years of marage and 2 kids later, I still have not had to purchase anything on February 14...Although, I probably pay for it in other ways that I will never be aware of.

Girls: Ohh I love Valentine's Day! It's so romantic.

Guy: Valentine's Day is a made up bullshit holiday invented by the greeting card companies. I refuse to participate!

[quote name='corrosivefrost']:puts up the temporaryscars signal:

you're still in NY state, right?
handgun concealed carry permit -- how much is the license?
if i wanted to buy a simple handgun (the first one that pops into my head is a glock 19 for some reason) what is a good starter weapon?[/QUOTE]

It differs by county, but just to give you an idea, you can expect to pay between $100 and $200 once all is said and done. The biggest cost is the fingerprinting that gets sent off to the FBI. They tack on a bunch of other crap too, but like I said, it will differ between counties.

As far as concealed carry goes...good luck. You could easily get a permit for handgun use at ranges, while hunting or hiking/camping, but gettting a CCW is an entirely different matter. That too differs by county and, not only that, but it may also differ depending on what judge signs your permit. In Monroe county (Rochester area), it's quite easy to get a CCW. Here where I live, in Onondaga, it's 100% impossible. They don't even give them to former military or law enforcement applicants.

As far as a starter weapon, you can't go wrong with a Glock 19. I used to own one, in fact. 9mm is a nice caliber. It's low impact and relatively inexpensive to buy ammo for. Glocks are easy to break down and clean and it's really easy to find spare parts for them since they're one of the most popular handguns out there. You can expect to pay around $400 for a used one. You can also buy preban magazines for them in case you want more than ten rounds per mag.

Hope that helps. It's a confusing process, but feel free to ask any other questions and I'll try to help out.

Here, maybe this will better explain things. I'm not sure which county you're in, but I'm sure it's one of these.

This is taken from NYfirearms.com, of which I'm a member.

Ulster
Ulster County

For Ulster, you need 4 references, and I was told that one could be out of county. They will each need to fill out a form, and have it notarized. Remember to use black ink for everything.

There is a safety class required. I recommend doing that first, since it can take time to schedule and get done. I was told when I submitted my forms that many people dont have the safety class when they submit, and that slows things down for them.

You will need to fill out the application form twice, and each of your references will have to sign it as well, and then you need to have it notarized. There is one more form, which is where you say you have no police record. Notarize that too.

You must get fingerprinted, which the sheriff will not do. They will refer you too L-1, which is a private security company. It will cost you $105 and will take 10 days to get to the sheriff's office. You need two forms of ID to get this done.

I had some confusion when I attempted to get the main form notarized. At the bottom it reads as iff a police officer needs to do it, so the notary did not want to do those two forms. I took it to the pistol permit office and the woman there was able to notarize them for me, but she said that any notary can do it. She gets that alot and realized it is hard to interpret that section.

There are 3 different judges. You cannot request a particular one, and they will not tell you which one you packet goes to. Two of them want to do interviews, and one will want a letter. I suggest writing up a letter so that they dont need to come back to you if you get that judge, so it wont slow the process down.

I was told the packet takes 6 weeks to leave the office, then several months after that. She suggested I call after 3 months.

So, my clock is running. I'll keep updating as I hear anything.

Dutchess

Dutchess County

Meeting the Minimum Requirements:

Before obtaining a Pistol License Application you must:

Be a New York State and Dutchess County resident for at least six months. If you reside in another state, you cannot have a New York State pistol permit;

Be of good moral character;

Never have been convicted anywhere of a felony or a serious offense;

Never have suffered from any mental illness or been confined to any hospital or institution, public or private, for mental illness;

Have a legally recognized reason for wanting to own or carry a handgun, and

Be 21 years of age.

How to Get a Pistol License Application:

You may pick up an application directly at the Sheriff's Office HQ (ask for the Business Office).

You can mail a letter of request to the Dutchess County Sheriff's Office, ATTN: Business Office, asking to be sent a pistol application. Please include a return address and a check or money order for $20.00 (payable to the Dutchess County Sheriff's Office).

Application Process:

Call the Pistol License Bureau at (845) 486-3883 to verify fees.
There is a $20.00 application fee (when application is picked up). This fee covers the fingerprinting, photographs and the notary fee on the three application forms.

The application package comes with an instruction cover sheet. Please follow the directions carefully.

Applicants will receive four character reference forms with the application. These must be given to your references, who will then fill them out on their own. (References must Dutchess County residents and at least 21 years of age). These forms must then be sworn and signed before a New York State Notary Public of their choice. Note: character references must not be judges, town or city justices, police officers, correction officers, persons to whom the applicant is related or any persons in the same household.

All three of the actual pistol license application forms are filled out by the applicant and signed by the same character references (see above).

Applicants must indicate all arrests, convicted or not. If a charge/arrest has been sealed, dismissed, adjourned contemplating dismissal, the person has been found guilty or granted youthful offender status, it still must be noted as an arrest on your application (C.P.L. Section: 160.50(D)).

If arrested, you must bring with your completed application, a certificate of disposition from the court where the case was handled.

When all the forms of the application are completed, you must bring a postal money order in the amount of $105.25, made payable to the New York State Department of Criminal Justice services. We will not accept cash or personal checks.

Please call the day you wish to submit your application to verify that the office will be accepting applications.

Any false information given on the application will be cause enough for disqualification.

The application process usually takes three to six months before you will be issued a pistol license, assuming there are no problems.

All fees are non-refundable.

Helpful Law Sections
Penal Law Article 400
Defines licensing statutes, eligibility requirements and administrative procedures.
Penal law Article 35
Defines rules for the use of weapons for self-defense.
Penal Law Article 265
Defines weapons-related crimes and exemptions.
Business Hours

Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., except holidays

http://www.co.dutchess.ny.us/CountyG...istPermApp.htm

Added 12/6/09 - Dutchess County is so backlogged that it takes approximately 6 months to get an appointment to file the application. I called in April and was given an appointment for October. i'm not sure how accurate their estimates are, but I was told to expect the permit in another 6 months. Incidentally, it takes approximately 1 hour to file the application. Most of this time is due to fingerprinting which requires 5 complete sets of fingerprints, all taken manually.

I've been considering getting a gun but I know it's going to be a rotten pain in the ass for me. I have a NY license but I live in WA, so I'm not even sure which state/county I need to go through to get one. Though getting a concealed carry in WA equates to spending $50 for one.

I know this is an obnoxious question, but, anyone feel like telling me what the must-have/quality PSN-exclusive DLC games are, other than the PixelJunk series and Fat Princess and Flower? And Nobi Nobi Boy.

[quote name='munch']How does Crackdown 2 compare to the original?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gbpackers94']It sucks.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Trakan']It not worse, it's just more of pretty much exactly the same thing.[/QUOTE]

Crackdown 2 is much shittier than the original.

A big snow storm has hit here. Driving on the highway for a bit, visibility was shit and everybody was going 45 MPH at most on a 65 MPH stretch.

Rocko:

Super Stardust HD
Everyday Shooter
Wipeout HD
Shatter
Critter Crunch
Gravity Crash
Burn Zombie Burn
Dead Nation
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Explodemon
Infamous: Festival of Blood
Rochard
echochrome

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Wow, that sounds like a real fucking hassle. :S
Suppose it will have to wait until I change counties. :\[/QUOTE]

Yeah, welcome to being a gun owner in NY. If someone breaks into your house and threatens you with a knife and you shoot them, you'll most likely be prosecuted. The only time you can get away with something like that is if they have a gun too.

Luckily, juries tend to side with homeowners...

[quote name='Rocko']I know this is an obnoxious question, but, anyone feel like telling me what the must-have/quality PSN-exclusive DLC games are, other than the PixelJunk series and Fat Princess and Flower? And Nobi Nobi Boy.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']A big snow storm has hit here. Driving on the highway for a bit, visibility was shit and everybody was going 45 MPH at most on a 65 MPH stretch.

Rocko:

Super Stardust HD
Everyday Shooter
Wipeout HD
Shatter
Critter Crunch
Gravity Crash
Burn Zombie Burn
Dead Nation
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Explodemon
Infamous: Festival of Blood
Rochard
echochrome[/QUOTE]

I'd also like to add Cuboid.

[quote name='Rocko']I know this is an obnoxious question, but, anyone feel like telling me what the must-have/quality PSN-exclusive DLC games are, other than the PixelJunk series and Fat Princess and Flower? And Nobi Nobi Boy.[/QUOTE]

Frisky had a pretty good list. Most if not all of those have had demos for them too. I've played most of them demos but never felt compellted to buy any of them listed.

The few PSN things I did pay for werent exclusive. (Tetris, Marvel Pinball, Pacman, Deathspank, etc)

Picked up LA Noire Complete for $19 at Best Buy. ;) Won't get around to playing it for months.

Yeah, I ask for exclusives only because I've got most of the worthwhile multiplat stuff on XBLA. I really doubt I'll play anything but PS3/PSN exclusives on my PS3, since I prefer the 360's controller and already have so much multiplat content on my 360, might as well keep it there. Thanks for the lists, guys.

I just played Infamous 2 for 5 hours straight.

[quote name='Maklershed']Tucker and Dale vs Evil is hilarious. If you have Netflix instant streaming I highly recommend it.[/QUOTE]

I saw that and really wanted to give it a shot. I love the two leads in it based off their previous works. Guess I'll check it out this weekend.

After today, off the next two. Gotta love it.

Of course, I'm sure they'll try calling me in on my days off. Never fails. >_>

Man, I fucked right up on Infamous 2. I accidentally did one of the evil side missions early in the game because I didn't see the good option on my minimap since it looked like a UGC mission to me... so I won't get the trophy for all good side missions and would have to play twice more to get all of them. Shit. :c

[quote name='Number83']This MiO Liquid Water Enhancer tastes like a$$...I'll stick with the original H2O.[/QUOTE]

depends on the flavor. I like the Sweet Tea (similar taste to Crystal Light) and Fruit Punch.

[quote name='Chika']depends on the flavor. I like the Sweet Tea (similar taste to Crystal Light) and Fruit Punch.[/QUOTE]

It's the Fruit Punch...I must not be using enough.

And I dont know if it's the 8 bottles of water I'm drinking a day, but I'm sweating a lot!

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']The blueberry pomegranate is pretty good too. I have a lot of trouble stomaching tap water so the MiO helps a lot.[/QUOTE]

If it's got MiO in it, it's no longer "water" though. The sweeteners and other chemicals make it metabolize like soda, and not like water. The only thing that metabolizes like water is plain water.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Well i got a Kindle after all. Any one have any advice for a new kindle user?[/QUOTE]

Get a Kandle unless you already have a case with a light in it and keep the wireless turned off at all times other than syncing to increase the time between charge by like 10x. Also keep checking in on the Kindle Books section for the daily deal. I've gotten a few books that I was gonna buy eventually anyway for .99 as compared to around $9.99.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']The blueberry pomegranate is pretty good too. I have a lot of trouble stomaching tap water so the MiO helps a lot.[/QUOTE]
I add 1 drop of peppermint oil extract per 12ozs of water.
I also keep mint water on my bedside table, it's great for cutting sinus drainage at night and kills morning breath prior to brushing . . . and is good for anything else in the morning benefitting fresh breath.

It doesn't require any sweetener either and is cheap.

FWIW: It can cause reflux if you combine it with meals containing tomato sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back