The best PSN Store games

tcatsninfan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
First, I apologize if this thread already exists somewhere; I didn't see it listed and tried searching for it but that didn't bring any results either.

I was wondering what everyone's favorite PSN Store games are. This can include PSP minis since you can play them on a PS3. However, I don't think it should include PSOne classics since we've played a lot of those before. I'm looking for original content, basically.

I thought about getting Super Stardust HD but the game with the expansions is $14.99...pretty pricey for a download-only shooter game in my book. Is it worth that much?

I'm getting PixelJunk Monsters on UMD. I don't have a PSP yet; I'll be getting the Big Boss bundle in June. I have Flower, Fat Princess, Shatter, Trash Panic, WipeOut HD, Noby Noby Boy, and Pain.

Is Siren: Blood Curse worth $39.99?

I'm thinking about buying Revenge of the Wounded Dragon but I dunno...looks pretty short and simple even for $4.99.

If you have a significant other who you want to ease into games, Super Rub A Dub is great as you only use the motion control built into the Sixaxis/DS 3 controller. If you like Ratchet and Clank, the downloadable game that takes place between the two PS3 disc games is on sale for $7.50 until Thursday.

Everyday Shooter, Super Stardust HD, and Blast Factor are the 3 best twin-stick shooters in that order. The Capcom lineup (MvC 2, SSF2THDR, BC: Rearmed, Mega Man 9/10, FF: Double Impact) is really good, just beware that Capcom is cracking down on gamesharing and some of those games (so far only FF: Double Impact) can't be played unless the system is online and signed into the PSN account that bought the game. Critter Crunch is good, especially for the $3.50 I paid for it (it was on sale a few weeks back.) Trine is a pretty good side-scrolling puzzle/action-RPG hybrid game, but a bit pricy at $15.

A big thing on the PSN games is to look every week for deals. They run deals on those games a lot more often than 360 (while 360 generally has more deals on DLC than PS3.) Just check out the store updates (which beginning in May will be on Tuesday's from here on out.) FYI Siren IS NOT worth $40 IMO.

Super Stardust HD is great fun, pretty much a "must have" ..

I like some of the PS1 classics, mainly the ones I'm replaying (or will replay) for nostalgia.

Flower is pretty good, Fat Princess, Zombie Apocalypse, a few others I can't think of right now.

It all depends on your tastes, though.

Flower is pretty cool and relaxing game. Super Stardust HD is a pretty good shooter. Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is always enjoyable. Final Fantasy VII and VIII if you haven't played them but love RPGs.

PJM is pixel junk monster and pixel junk shooter is also great.

tank battles was a fun quick one if you like those types.

Check the PSN thread at the top of the PS3 forum.. lots of info.

street fighter hd remix!
If you are into SF and don't have this, you are missing out big time.
Critter crunch is awesome if you are into puzzle games but I grew tired of it after a week. The lady loves it though.

Smash cars demo is fun as hell, too. Dunno bout full game.

All depends on what you like. I have 50+ titles and like most of them. Blood curse is good if you game-share it....I imported the EU version pretty damn cheap from dvd.co.uk when they had a 50% off sale

I wish there was save points in Super Stardust HD. I can't break records if I have to play it for that long.

Fat Princess, Critter Crunch, Wipeout HD come to mind when I think of top PSN games

theres a lot of almost identical threads on the ps3 section.

if you want to buy some of the old psn games, just wait around for a sale. theyre usually 50% off. theres the psn spring sale going on right now.

stardust, burnout, flower, trine, fat princess, marvel vs capcom, super street fighter turbo,

MvC2
SSF2
Critter Crunch
Droplitz (a lot of people hate the game but I find it oddly addicting)

Any of the PSX classic FF's are always fun.

bread's done
Back