The Bill Goldberg Wrestling Thread - William Regal - New King of The Ring!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Punk/Jericho and Regal/Finlay both have potential for greatness. That is, if they actually get to wrestle good matches. Is Punk even involved in a storyline right now? I could see him turing into a heel as King Punk. Basically if any of these four guys turn heel I'd like them even more.

[quote name='chasemurata']Wait, CM Punk won the King of the Ring too? That doesn't make sense.[/QUOTE]

That was just an semi-final match. We still have Regal vs Finlay to determine who will face CM Punk in the final match.

[quote name='Demolition Man']That was just an semi-final match. We still have Regal vs Finlay to determine who will face CM Punk in the final match.[/quote]

Oh, okay! Praise Allah!

Finlay's a face, Regal's a heel (I guess), and CM Punk's a face. So, I'm guessing Regal goes over Finlay, and Jericho screws CM Punk out of the KOTR win. Damn. Is Regal getting a non-Man's Man push? Wow. That would be weird. Appreciated, but weird.

Finlay-Regal ruled - I'm glad WWE just had them wrestle. Very good matches tonight, although they have been quite short - hopefully the tourney final goes at least 15 minutes.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Finlay-Regal ruled - I'm glad WWE just had them wrestle. Very good matches tonight, although they have been quite short - hopefully the tourney final goes at least 15 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I'm happy to have been wrong. Finlay's "passing out" came off as corny, but everything before that was quite exciting.

Finlay passing out didn't come off as corny to me - it came off as perfectly plausible - he was in too much pain, couldn't tap because his arm was trapped, couldn't reach for the ropes because his other arm was trapped in the hold, so he had no choice but to pass out.

Kenta Kobashi, KENTA, and Honda vs. D'Lo Brown, Bull Buchana, and Bobby Fish - NOAH - 4/12/08
http://www.mediafire.com/?3lggo9unxw2

[quote name='Purple Flames']Why did Punk change his ring gear???[/QUOTE]

Dude, Macho Man wrestled FOUR TIMES at Wrestlemania IV, and EVERY TIME he came to the ring he had a new outfit on (and was coordinated with Liz to boot). Punk changing for a little KOTR tournament ain't that noteworthy.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Finlay passing out didn't come off as corny to me - it came off as perfectly plausible - he was in too much pain, couldn't tap because his arm was trapped, couldn't reach for the ropes because his other arm was trapped in the hold, so he had no choice but to pass out.[/QUOTE]

Yesyesyes, I get that. It looked corny, like bad acting corny.

That's the same Bill Clinton imposter from WMX! WOAH!

Obama will come out to the Rock's theme...calling it now.

*Edit* - and if we get a McCain appearance, glass shall shatter prior to his arrival.

[quote name='mykevermin']Yesyesyes, I get that. It looked corny, like bad acting corny.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Looked like he was trying to do an Undertaker impression, not passing out.

This is as funny as Trump/Rosie! HAW HAW HAW!!!

This is what I get for turning on Raw for the first time in 6 months. Blech. I should have watched David Caruso's always hilarious beginning on CSI:Miami.

Wrestlemania non-withstanding, I haven't really seen any of the "Divas" storyline (wink, wink) development since WM23 when I stopped watching regularly. That said, anyone else get an 80's girls toyline vibe with the diva alliances? It's Jem and the fuckin' Holograms vs. The Misfits out here. With more noticeable tits.

I may have missed the explanation, but why is the KotR tourney now a televised event instead of a PPV in previous years?

Because they needed three hours to fill, and the KOTR wasn't much of a PPV draw the last time they did it (which just had the finals on PPV), or when it was just a one-night tourney.

Holy shit, KING REGAL! I wasn't expecting that, but after Regal's had good matches since facing Orton, I have no major issue with Regal making a regular in-ring return. Plus, they got the Regal Stretch over as a killer finisher for the first time...ever in WWE. Excellent stuff, aside from the tourney matches being too short.

Wow...looks like they are FINALLY going to try the for-years-rumored "Regal push."

No complaints here, Punk or Regal were fine with me.

Wow, for the most part, the KOTR was well done and unpredictable. regal just went from a minor distraction, to a legitimate Main Eventer.

If it wasn't for the chicks & the Barack Vs Clinton shitfest, this Raw would've been pure gold.

Here's hoping Regal gets traded to SD! and takes the World strap from whatever boring ass person is champ now.

I dunno. Something is wrong with Regal beating the Money in the Bank guy after wrestling a grand total of 10 times in the last 3-4 years.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']I dunno. Something is wrong with Regal beating the Money in the Bank guy after wrestling a grand total of 10 times in the last 3-4 years.[/quote]

Compare the matches he wrestled? Hornswoggle in Round 1. An injured Finlay in Round 2. And an exhausted CM Punk in Round 3.

There were actually really good matches throughout the entire tournament, except for the Hornswoggle garbage. All of those kicks Punk was putting out in the final match were rediculous. That said, the ending was the most anticlimactic thing I've ever seen. Punk taps, Regal walks over to throne and sits down. Congrats Regal and now heres something completely different.

That Diva segment was the dumbest thing I've seen on WWE TV in a while.

oh and.. almost forgot: ALL HAIL KING REGAL!

[quote name='KaneRobot']Wow...looks like they are FINALLY going to try the for-years-rumored "Regal push."[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't go that far but I do imagine that Regal's GM run is going to get alot more interesting now that he's "king".

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back