The "Bitch About WrestleMania XXX Here" Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL at Heyman being the biggest heel on the show to the crowd chanting for him in the span of 2 hours.
No Taker tonight I'm assuming at this point, wonder if it's because they're not sure if he'll be doing something next year.
The eventual Cesaro vs Brock match should be neat.
Shame that Main Event is getting the Wyatts/Shield match instead of this crowd.
As soon he came out, I couldn't stop laughing. Hate him then love him

Last edited by a moderator:
Best 3 1/2 hours of sports and entertainment for me - Great RAW, lots of changes coming, and my alma mater won the NCAA Basketball tournament.  WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO UCONN!!!!!!!!!!!

100% agree. But that's because we're still marks.

I kinda wish I had watched the match instead of GoT. I missed out completely on that same heart-stopping sense of shock that comes with a severe mark-out.
Yeah, although I don't know if I'd even call it a mark out for me. It was just weird. Definitely something I hadn't experienced for a wrestling match result before. I fully admit to having a weird face like some of the audience members for a moment after it ended, although sadly nowhere near Shocked Black Dude or Guy Who Couldn't Handle It And Tried To Pull His Face Off.

http://youtu.be/fwMHkhgw5iE

I'm actually kind of excited to see Bo debut if for no other reason than to see how the fans react to him.

Will they think he's a heel or a baby face?

I loved the sign the fan held up as the Shield made their way past him down through the crowd. The camera caught it perfectly.

"Dean Titty Master Ambrose"

:lol:

Raw wasn't as good as i thought it might be.

I'm sorry but that "Superman punch" is corny and stupid as fuck just like the five knuckle shuffle.

Those Sting marks were probably mad as fuck.

Really enjoyed the crowd singing "John Cena Suuuuuucks" along with his song.  I don't know how they did it, but it was amazing.

Paul Heyman...I want a Paul Heyman Power Hour Show.  Just an hour of him talking.  Please.  The man is amazing.  Cesaro going with Paul...I'm not sure, but I loved the turn against Zeb.

Paige vs. AJ...I'm not really sure what to make of it.  I hope Paige's gimmick doesn't change from NXT, but her vs. AJ should be really good.

Shield vs. Evolution/Kane should be interesting.  If it's HHH vs. Bryan at ER, that's going to be disappointing.

Really enjoyed the crowd singing "John Cena Suuuuuucks" along with his song. I don't know how they did it, but it was amazing.

Paul Heyman...I want a Paul Heyman Power Hour Show. Just an hour of him talking. Please. The man is amazing. Cesaro going with Paul...I'm not sure, but I loved the turn against Zeb.

Paige vs. AJ...I'm not really sure what to make of it. I hope Paige's gimmick doesn't change from NXT, but her vs. AJ should be really good.

Shield vs. Evolution/Kane should be interesting. If it's HHH vs. Bryan at ER, that's going to be disappointing.
Agree with most of your points, but HHH vs Bryan hasn't run it's course IMO at least not in the ring. They had the best match at WM and I'd much rather see that than Bryan vs Orton again. Really need some new blood in the title scene in a hurry.

Brings me to my next thought, obviously Lesnar is on a collision course with Bryan or whoever has the title, but I can't imagine Cesaro is too far behind. I wonder how they can elevate Cesaro to the main event level if he and Brock are both Paul Heyman guys? It didn't work with Punk and Lesnar, I can't imagine it will be better with Cesaro and Lesnar.

They'll probably send Cesaro after the IC title to hopefully elevate it for a while.  They're probably going to try and push Big E to the top of the card, but it's not gonna work.

It makes me wonder what they're going to do with Cena after Wyatt.  He's kinda not going anywhere and I feel that Bray took a step back by not winning at WM.  It's obvious that they're going to send Brock after (and probably give him) the Title at Summerslam.

I could see a Cesaro vs Cena feud being pretty interesting. They already had one of the best matches of the year a month or so ago (the match that put Cesaro on VKM's radar in the first place). Hopefully they'd be willing to put Cesaro over and that's what could elevate him all the way to the title scene.

The Shield/Daniel Bryan segment is continuing on the Network
Good catch! The interview with Daniel Bryan is good stuff (and I say that as something of a non fan) while the rest of it seems to be highly skippable, not quite through it all yet but what's up with Shawne Merriman being on the panel? (Surely, the WWE could find someone not connected to PHDs to sit in for crying out load.) Okay, its cut out after the 11 minute mark twice now... I'm going to call the rest skippable.

RAW thoughts...

Wow, amazing show! Someone else said it went quick and I felt the same... Of course you knew it was going to be quick when they started cutting intos a few second short from the very beginning.

Pretty much all seemed to be really spot on... I think anyone who thought that the WWE couldn't find their collective heads from their own asses for the last few months should step back and reevaluate. Maybe they lucked into it, Maybe Punk forced them, but the product these last two days has been firing on all cylinders.

I could throw out a few complaints; the Diva Championship should have had a real match of length (I suspect time was the biggest issue) or more of one of my own pet peeves... Why didn't HHH try for a pinfall when the SHIELD was still coming out of the crowd...? No way they can come out of the crowd in under three seconds. Could have been champ and sliding out of the ring with the belts easy enough. (and if they didn't want that to happen; no reason the ref couldn't be distracted by the SHIELD's arrival till HHH tugged on the hem of his pants or someone else brought it to his attention... Which of course would make it far too late for the championship to change hands.)

I don't know... I just don't get the point of the 10 seconds waiting around for the stare down stuff...

Oh, I want to point out something else the crowd did that was funny ass shit! When Brian was getting the beat down and their chants for the SHIELD went unheard they started chanting for 3MB to intervene... God it was funny. I know time constraints made it impossible to happen but I would have loved to seen a feeble effort from 3MB at saving DB.

You guys are missing the big picture here. What's next for Swagger?
Zeb too. I'm not sure why Cesaro didn't have a new music/intro when he left as a Heyman guy but it really seems appropriate for Swagger/Zeb to carrying on as the Real Americans with a new member.

Oh, do have one legit complaint... Why did they waste time on a Santino/Ema vs Fandango/Summer Rae angle again... With the same exact outcome of the previous three matches? (Summer Rae really aught to dump the loser and find a man who isn't afraid of a dirty sock.)

I think they were trying to get Emma over with the best crowd of the year.  But since they failed...she's probably going to be cut, which sucks, because she was good in NXT and they screwed her over on the big show.  They should probably get Santino out of the picture and start over with her.  I hope the same doesn't happen to Paige.

Given how good Heyman was, I wonder what'd happen if they made Cena a Paul Heyman guy?

EDIT:

Wow! Paige is legitimately crying about her victory in that youtube video.

I think they were trying to get Emma over with the best crowd of the year. But since they failed...she's probably going to be cut, which sucks, because she was good in NXT and they screwed her over on the big show. They should probably get Santino out of the picture and start over with her. I hope the same doesn't happen to Paige.
Yeah, I almost just left it an Santino and Fandango. I've seen one Emma NxT match (the one in NxT Arrival) and was completely impressed with her outside of the goofyness... or I guess one could say in spite of her goofiness. (Goofy just doesn't really agree with me) So I know its not really her fault that this is failing.

As for Paige (again seen only one match, was even more impressed with her than Ema and was excited to see her on RAW tonight), she has a huge advantage of being a champ already... Though I think there could be some backlash from angry AJ fans at the quick match crap it also seems like the WWE has no desire to give the belt to anyone on Total Divas... (Not that many of them should be a champ) Which makes for a really tiny division... so I can see Paige having a good run as champ in an effort to win the crowd over.

Fixed that up a little bit for you.
What the hell does that have to do with anything? He has no personality or charisma there. He's just a strong guy who can move. So in essence, he's Rusev, but not an evil Russian with a female manager that says pneumonia a lot.

EDIT:

Wow! Paige is legitimately crying about her victory in that youtube video.
http://youtu.be/Ne8SWH-Mf7c

Oh noes! They broke keyfabe! It's the New Orleans incident! :rofl:

Also:

BkZ1hlBCIAAnIWP.jpg

I'm sorry but that "Superman punch" is corny and stupid as fuck just like the five knuckle shuffle.
This comment makes me want to suddenly see the 5 Knuckle Shuffle become prominent in UFC.

I guess I'll go ahead and ask who the girl is with AJ in that pic.

Vince and Warrior look like they are opening an Italian restaurant.

I guess I'll go ahead and ask who the girl is with AJ in that pic.
It's Bayley!!!!! (Seriously, that's how they introduce her on NXT, with the "It's" before her name. Her babyface character is one that likes to hug wrestlers, hence the AJ hug. Almost like a excited wrestling fan gimmick that Eugene or Mickey James once was, only not retarded and stalker-y. She's pretty good, though.)

Vince and Warrior look like they are opening an Italian restaurant.
Another Pastamania venture!?

Can anyone explain who ""The Finisher" is?  I have a feeling he's from that stupid looking cartoon thing Slam City but why is a cartoon listed under the main roster?  Also what happened to Darren Young?

Happy for Paige and Cesaro.  Two of my favorite wrestlers.  All I could think when they first brought Emma up is why not Paige or Summer Rae.  Now we got all of them.

Also so glad Rosa Mendes is back, I love her.

You do know the Superman punch is a legit UFC move, right?
Calling it a "UFC move" is almost as lame though, lol. I think the point you're trying to make is it's a legitimate fighting tactic used in Muay Thai, kickboxing, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_punch

Also, I don't watch wrestling often...but I watched Wrestlemania. When did "bouncing" off the turnbuckle become a thing? I saw both Daniel Bryan and Bray Wyatt do it...and it looks retarded, as they just thud into the corner before taking the run they would have taken anyway. At least bouncing off the ropes looks cool and creates a perceived slingshot effect. Running at the thing that your opponent smashes your head on just doesn't seem like a good idea, lol :lol:

Isn't that the rumored price increases for the after 6 months that was going around even before it launched? Love the dirtsheets recycling stuff or even just flatout making shit up when they have nothing else to post. I bet their anonymous source is the janitor.....of the building across the street from Titan Towers.

I don't see a price increase until they actually miss their 1 million mark by the end of 2014. The real test of if they'll make it is when the initial 6 months is up if they have a huge drop in subscribers.

So I was wrong. But that doesn't bother me because the guy I wanted to win in the main event actually won. I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't understand your point.

In twelve months if I end up being wrong about the Network does the world end? Of course not. But will you still riding my dick? I'd bet on it. At least lube yourself before up you jump on for the ride. 

Anyway. RAW had its highest rating yesterday since the program went to 3 hours. 5.1 million people watched last night. They haven't hit a rating that high since 2012. By all accounts it sounds like it was a rocking show and they deserved the additional viewers.

So I was wrong. But that doesn't bother me because the guy I wanted to win in the main event actually won. I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't understand your point.

In twelve months if I end up being wrong about the Network does the world end? Of course not. But will you still riding my dick? I'd bet on it. At least lube yourself before up you jump on for the ride.

Anyway. RAW had its highest rating yesterday since the program went to 3 hours. 5.1 million people watched last night. They haven't hit a rating that high since 2012. By all feedback it sounds like it was a rocking show and they deserved the additional viewers.
There's a difference between being wrong on what you think will happen, and being wrong on a rumor that you read on a dirtsheet website and came here and reported as fact.

As for your feeble attempt at a slam, check your grammar and then try again.

There's a difference between being wrong on what you think will happen, and being wrong on a rumor that you read on a dirtsheet website and came here and reported as fact.

As for your feeble attempt at a slam, check your grammar and then try again.
What's the difference? And even if there was a difference, I admitted I was wrong. What more are you looking for?

Again. You follow me. You attack me. Your ride my dick.

When I see you post do I take it personally? Of course not. But every time I say something you come after me like a mark. And this isn't a slam. This is something we can genuinely measure. Quote the times I go out my way to talk shit to you. I don't Harry. Why? Because you don't matter to me. That's gospel there man.

I will never see a PitfallHarry post and say, "Oh. I'm got to get one in on him. Or boy his grammar is off! Can't wait to rub it in on him!" That's the difference between you and me. You think I'm slamming you? I'm telling you what I see man and what I see isn't worth going back and fixing my grammar over.

Drop it. Grow up. Move on. You're hitting Bret Hart levels of bitterness here.

Can anyone explain who ""The Finisher" is? I have a feeling he's from that stupid looking cartoon thing Slam City but why is a cartoon listed under the main roster? Also what happened to Darren Young?
"The Finisher" is indeed an evil character from that Slam City crap. As for why he's on the roster, product placement? Although there was a rumor going around that WWE was looking into a way to give that gimmick to an actual wrestler. :dunce: God, why don't they just have Robocop save Daniel Bryan from Triple H and make him the 4th member of the Shield while they're at it?

As for Darren Young, probably jobbing at house shows. He's pretty much disappeared from TV.

I dont know why it took almost 6 years for it to happen. But man I got a good chuckle out of it, hopefully it catches on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZofC89F6-sA

Yeah, I think that video above this post was the first time I ever saw that. No idea why it took literally years for it to make it to TV, but glad it finally did. If it catches on maybe they'll finally get him a new theme.

Don't sleep on the Wyatts/Shield match on Main Event if you have not seen it yet. As good as their other matches so far, with probably the best finish.

Oh my god. Just posted.

@TripleH: Saddened to announce the passing of the Ultimate Warrior. Icon and friend. My sympathy to his wife Dana and his daughters

Wow...I'm...I'm stunned.  After the HoF...after WM...after Raw...what the hell?

WWE just retweeted it...so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back