The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='animemaniac14'])

TIVs to GameStop (all after $15 bonus...and the guys there were SURPRISINGLY NICE! I was able to get $15 bonus on all 6 games!):

Spider-man 3 - $10
LEGO SW II - $11
Bullet Witch - $9
Earth Defense Force x2 - $20
Top Spin 2 - $9
(NCAA 09 Pre-Order - minus $5..but ill just cancel it)
(Refurbished Fees - minus $6...grrr...)

TOTAL = $48

since my edge card was bought using that $2 game informer deal...i wasn't able to get the bonus (does anyone know how to get that bar code thing to work on my edge card btw?) but $32 BBV Credit ---> $53 GameStop credit is NOT that bad! gonna go back later and do my best not to get that damn refurb fee against my credit...[/QUOTE]

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you DID NOT get the $15 bonus - just the regular $10 if those are your final GS trade-in values. And they blasted you with $6 in refurb fees AND got a preorder out of you? AND your Edge didn't scan... Man, you got somewhat hosed there ;). I would go back and immediately cancel that preorder on whoever did that to you.

By the way, I have a $2 GameInformer Edge card and it scans just fine.

[quote name='nyprimus4']People don't seem to specify but for the Wii version of Fantastic Four what is the current trade in value when trading it in to BBV? I've seen $6, $20 and CAG's aren't specifying versions and where the game is being traded into.[/quote]

F4 for Wii is now $20 TIV @ BBV. I traded a copy in this morning =)

[quote name='joemoedee']Is this advertised at your BBVs? I stopped by the one on my way home, and there was nothing advertised about it at all. I had hoped to pick up some Xbox/GC games on the cheap for my own use (Too cheap to go 7th gen) but there wasn't anything even worth buying... so I didn't ask about the B1G1 deal.[/quote]

Its automatic when they scan the game it knocks off the 2nd price. So if you group them 9.99, 9.99 and 14.99, 14.99 it will take off one of each amounts (9 and 14)

[quote name='io']I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you DID NOT get the $15 bonus - just the regular $10 if those are your final GS trade-in values. And they blasted you with $6 in refurb fees AND got a preorder out of you? AND your Edge didn't scan... Man, you got somewhat hosed there ;). I would go back and immediately cancel that preorder on whoever did that to you.

By the way, I have a $2 GameInformer Edge card and it scans just fine.[/quote]

hmmm...perhaps i will go back and yell at them a bit cuz i guess i didn't realize how i didn't get the bonus...but IO when they sent me the GameInformer Edge Card they put a sticker over where the bar code is SUPPOSED to be and under the sticker it says "....associate" (it's a bit blurry so it's hard to make out)..what should i do?

[quote name='animemaniac14']Picked up the following at BBV:

Spiderman 3 - $9.99
Earth Defense Force 2017 - FREE
Bullet Witch - $9.99
Lego Star Wars II - FREE
Top Spin 2 - $9.99
Metal Gear Solid - Twin Snakes (GameCube) - FREE (gonna sell this one on ebay bwahahahahaha)

TIVs to GameStop (all after $15 bonus...and the guys there were SURPRISINGLY NICE! I was able to get $15 bonus on all 6 games!):

Spider-man 3 - $10
LEGO SW II - $11
Bullet Witch - $9
Earth Defense Force x2 - $20
Top Spin 2 - $9
(NCAA 09 Pre-Order - minus $5..but ill just cancel it)
(Refurbished Fees - minus $6...grrr...)

TOTAL = $48

since my edge card was bought using that $2 game informer deal...i wasn't able to get the bonus (does anyone know how to get that bar code thing to work on my edge card btw?) but $32 BBV Credit ---> $53 GameStop credit is NOT that bad! gonna go back later and do my best not to get that damn refurb fee against my credit...[/quote]

Check your receipt if the bonus code is - #5145 then you didn't get the NCAA deal. Thats the normal 2 next gen systems deal.

[quote name='joshnorm']Check your receipt if the bonus code is - #5145 then you didn't get the NCAA deal. Thats the normal 2 next gen systems deal.[/quote]

wtf?! they got an NCAA 09 pre-order out of me and didn't give me the $15 bonus deal...what a jip...im gonna go call em right now

and indeed...upon looking at my receipt i see the bonus code is #5145...grrrr....

sucks to get charged $6 for a refurbish fee, I always check the condition of the games at blockbuster before I buy it

OK, adding in the price drops (at GS) reported so far, the ordering has changed somewhat.

Here are the games that get you 1.8 or better ratio using the regular $10 promo

Earth Defense Force
Meet The Robinsons
Beautiful Katamari
Lego Star Wars II
Virtua Tennis 3
PSU
Shrek The Third
Spiderman 3
Bullet Witch
Fantastic 4
Golden Compass
Pirates of the Caribbean 3
Tomb Raider Legend
Top Spin 2
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007
Ninety-Nine Nights

Here are the 1.8 or better using the $15 promo:

Earth Defense Force
Beautiful Katamari
Lego Star Wars II
Virtua Tennis 3
PSU
Shrek The Third
Spiderman 3
Ninety-Nine Nights
Armored Core 4
Lord of the Rings BfME II
Need For Speed Most Wanted
Spiderman Friend or Foe
Juiced 2
Moto GP 07
Test Drive Unlimited

[quote name='animemaniac14']wtf?! they got an NCAA 09 pre-order out of me and didn't give me the $15 bonus deal...what a jip...im gonna go call em right now

and indeed...upon looking at my receipt i see the bonus code is #5145...grrrr....[/QUOTE]

Did they at least give you a coupon to use next time?

[quote name='io']Did they at least give you a coupon to use next time?[/quote]

nope. Nothing like that...and i thought the guys were being so nice...well im gonna go back and make sure they fix that problem...thanks for telling me everyone

[quote name='io']OK, adding in the price drops (at GS) reported so far, the ordering has changed somewhat.

Earth Defense Force
Meet The Robinsons
Beautiful Katamari
Lego Star Wars II
Virtua Tennis 3
PSU
Shrek The Third
Spiderman 3
Bullet Witch
Fantastic 4
Golden Compass
Tomb Raider Legend
Top Spin 2
Ninety-Nine Nights

Earth Defense Force
Beautiful Katamari
Lego Star Wars II
Virtua Tennis 3
PSU
Shrek The Third
Spiderman 3
Ninety-Nine Nights
Armored Core 4
Spiderman Friend or Foe
Juiced 2
Moto GP 07
Test Drive Unlimited[/quote]

io what would we do with out you. You make everything so neat and organized for us. Thanks!

I am debating wether or not I should keep milking this tomorrow. I would like to get an additional $40 GS credit since one GS near me has Electroplankton in stock.

[quote name='io']OK, adding in the price drops (at GS) reported so far, the ordering has changed somewhat.

Earth Defense Force
Meet The Robinsons
Beautiful Katamari
Lego Star Wars II
Virtua Tennis 3
PSU
Shrek The Third
Spiderman 3
Bullet Witch
Fantastic 4
Golden Compass
Tomb Raider Legend
Top Spin 2
Ninety-Nine Nights

Earth Defense Force
Beautiful Katamari
Lego Star Wars II
Virtua Tennis 3
PSU
Shrek The Third
Spiderman 3
Ninety-Nine Nights
Armored Core 4
Spiderman Friend or Foe
Juiced 2
Moto GP 07
Test Drive Unlimited[/QUOTE]

God bless you.

Was my BBV not know what they were talking about when they told me this sale was supposed to be last gen games only? Has anybody else heard about this? They told me they would honor my purchases b/c of the advertising but starting tomorrow it will be last gen games only?

[quote name='tbassett']Was my BBV not know what they were talking about when they told me this sale was supposed to be last gen games only? Has anybody else heard about this? They told me they would honor my purchases b/c of the advertising but starting tomorrow it will be last gen games only?[/QUOTE]

Last Gen + 360.

Wii and PS3 are not included.

[quote name='confoosious']Last Gen + 360.

Wii and PS3 are not included.[/quote]

its all under $14.99, i picked up stranglehold ps3 and mario super star baseball for the cube part of the B1G1 Free.

[quote name='devildr1ver']its all under $14.99, i picked up stranglehold ps3 and mario super star baseball for the cube part of the B1G1 Free.[/QUOTE]

Hmm.. must be YMMV as my store specifically told me no PS3.

[quote name='joshnorm']Its automatic when they scan the game it knocks off the 2nd price. So if you group them 9.99, 9.99 and 14.99, 14.99 it will take off one of each amounts (9 and 14)[/quote]

Ah, typically they have a sign up. My BBV used to be great, regular employees, now... different people every time I go in there. Pretty lousy.

However, I may look tomorrow to see if there's anything to flip to GS, as it seems that only GS will be able to supply my XB/GC needs now.

One of mine told me no Wii games. No one said anything about PS3, but there arent any flippable PS3 games anyways.

Do we kno if Fatal Inertia held yet?

I went today and got
Beautiful Katamari (9.99)
Tomb Raider Legend (Free)
Juiced 2 HIN (14.99)
Tony Hawk's Project 8(free)

Traded in FF3 DS for 8 b ucks to help cover the cost. I'll probably just flip Juiced over to Hastings To get some credit for SC4.

[quote name='luan87us']F4 for Wii is now $20 TIV @ BBV. I traded a copy in this morning =)[/quote]

that is still nice, i still have one more to trade and i'm going to hit up TRU this afternoon b4 home.
i wish i could find a way to trade more than one F4 copy, cus there is only so many BB (total 16) around my area. and i already traded in 5 last night in 5 diff store.

anyway, here is my question, i have about 500-600 BB money, should i try to flip it to GS? what is the best way to cash it out either via BB or GS?
i'm thinking get some good game and sell it on ebay to cash my credit.

GRRR... Gamestop missed one of my games and I didn't realize it. Now I lost $6 for Stuntman, plus the $10 bonus for that and the other game not bbeing paired up. That was an hour ago, not sure if I want to go there and try to fix it or not, I traded like 26 games in. Not sure how to prove I traded it, since they have the game and I don't have the reciept.

That cut me down to a 1.6 trading ratio due to having to pay tax at BB. Good thing is that I don't have to cover tax on the GS stuff I buy, so I get some of that back later on.

Alright...

It says on the "map" that PS3 and Wii games are to be excluded, where I'm at all $14.99 games are NOT ringing up free (they have been crediting them to free).

Also, Juiced 2 and Conan are both down to $5 trade in credit at GS >_

picked up

star wars tactical assault psp
star wars battlefront rengade squadron both for 15

harvest moon boy girl
After burner psp both for 15
and

Xenosaga 3 and FF something for 15....

all for 40 bucks ... traded in last week 4 junk games (stacked PSP) Shriek racing (DS) Burnout 360 and pac man world rally PSP for 42.50 So mostly a I trade 4 games I GOT 6 games WOOO)

also picked up

dungeon siege psp
golden compass psp both for 10

probally dump most of them on goozex

Star trek 350 pts no demand though : ( (wanted to play it and couldnt pass it up for 7)
star wars battlefront 350 silght demand
dungeno siege 400 pts first in line will be traded
the golden compass 500 pts no demand ( mostly wanted to play this )
After burner 450 pts slight demand might trade
harvest moon 400 pts no demand (mostly wanted this )
xenosaga 3 450

so right now trade 850 pts (xenosaga 3 + siege) will pick up 3 nice games i really want for 300 pts each

so for 12.50 out of pocket ended up with between 6 or 9 or even 14 games WOOOO

i still got 10 bucks left on another BB card might hit another one up sunday

I went today and got from 1 BB, and it took almost all of my lunch time.

All X360

EDF

BK
Spiderman 3
Tony Hawks P8
Virtua Tennis 3 x 2
Shrek 3rd
Superman Returns

$14.99
Stranglehold
Sega Rally Revo
Moto GP 2007
Monster Madness
Lost Planet
Conan x 2
Armored Core 4

Note: You do have to ring the 9.99 and 14.99 separately, otherwise it takes the lowest one. The CSR has to re-ring my transaction and I feel really bad to the CSR, but it's $20 difference. Does employee of BB get benefit if I preorder?

I swear there must be a corporate GameStop rat lurking these forums, why else would they raise the price on Condemned 2, Viking, and Sega Superstars Tennis AND drop the trade in price on Conan and Juiced 2.

Just another note I'd like to add - I had to go back to Blockbuster today because they shorted me about 60 bucks. As other CAGers have said, whoever rings you up has to make sure that the 14.99 games are deducted. I bought 18 games at one location, and only received 6 'free games' - and they were all 9.99 or 6.99 off. I had bought 5 14.99 games and none of them were given to me free, so I went back to the manager and she gladly credited me the additional $54.47. It made the total flip a lot more profitable; I turned $184 into almost $400.

In summary, make sure you get the 14.99 games manually adjusted to be B1G1; the machines do not automatically give them to you B1G1, only on 9.99 games.

[quote name='msam']In summary, make sure you get the 14.99 games manually adjusted to be B1G1; the machines do not automatically give them to you B1G1, only on 9.99 games.[/quote]

In my experience, if they total it up after each pair is rung up, it immediately promo's off one of them.

[quote name='msam']Just another note I'd like to add - I had to go back to Blockbuster today because they shorted me about 60 bucks. As other CAGers have said, whoever rings you up has to make sure that the 14.99 games are deducted. I bought 18 games at one location, and only received 6 'free games' - and they were all 9.99 or 6.99 off. I had bought 5 14.99 games and none of them were given to me free, so I went back to the manager and she gladly credited me the additional $54.47. It made the total flip a lot more profitable; I turned $184 into almost $400.

In summary, make sure you get the 14.99 games manually adjusted to be B1G1; the machines do not automatically give them to you B1G1, only on 9.99 games.[/QUOTE]

3rd store i went to i was told

SALE BUY 1 GET 1 FREE ON ALL GAMES 9.99 is in the system...

worker had to adjust all the 14.99 ones by hand they said it was an oversite by the computer techs and should be fixxed by tomorrow

Too back Smackdown 2008 PS2 wasnt 14.99 (its 19.99) would loved to picked that up...

i mostly cleaned out all of the Good PSP games at coldwater. dupont and jefferson and maplecrest (they really didnt have muc to pick from in the first place )

[quote name='mkernan']In my experience, if they total it up after each pair is rung up, it immediately promo's off one of them.[/QUOTE]

No, I can confirm that $14.99 games are not being deducted today. Only $9.99 (maybe 12.99) or less is ringing up free.

So if you attempted to buy 2 $14.99 games the total would come out $29.98, instead of $14.99. If you attempted 1 $14.99 game and 1 $9.99 game it would take off the $9.99 game. Basically you just want to do 2 purchases w/ the 14.99 games away from the cheaper ones. According to a manager that spoke to someone regional or higher claims it will be fixed tomorrow.

I also got a buy 2 get 3 free today, and the crazy part was it was the district manager that checked me out! I guess she had little cashier experience.

Guys, is the extra 20% credit by preordering NCAA-09 is on top of the extra $10? or 20% extra from the base price than plus $5? TIA

[quote name='gi60']Guys, is the extra 20% credit by preordering NCAA-09 is on top of the extra $10? or 20% extra from the base price than plus $5? TIA[/QUOTE]

The NCAA pre-order promo at GS is for $15 bonus credit on two games.

[quote name='freshzen']No, I can confirm that $14.99 games are not being deducted today. Only $9.99 (maybe 12.99) or less is ringing up free.

So if you attempted to buy 2 $14.99 games the total would come out $29.98, instead of $14.99. If you attempted 1 $14.99 game and 1 $9.99 game it would take off the $9.99 game. Basically you just want to do 2 purchases w/ the 14.99 games away from the cheaper ones. According to a manager that spoke to someone regional or higher claims it will be fixed tomorrow.

I also got a buy 2 get 3 free today, and the crazy part was it was the district manager that checked me out! I guess she had little cashier experience.[/QUOTE]

Wow that sucks. I got a $14.99 game for free today.

[quote name='freshzen']No, I can confirm that $14.99 games are not being deducted today. Only $9.99 (maybe 12.99) or less is ringing up free.

I also got a buy 2 get 3 free today, and the crazy part was it was the district manager that checked me out! I guess she had little cashier experience.[/quote]

What time did this happen? Because I can also "confirm" that the same thing happened to me at one store, but then an hour or two later, at another store, the $14.99 ones were working just fine.

So, its either the system wasn't setup right at first, then they fixed it. Or they fixed it at some point and the changes are taking a while to propagate to all the stores. Or, the second store I went to was magical.

Anyway, that's why I said "in my experience". I'm not saying my word is gospel, just sharing my experience so far with the promo.

In any event, always make sure they ring them up in the order you want them to and pay as close attention to the transaction as possible. None of them really have a good handle on what they're doing.

EDIT: Also, just to clarify any of those questions about whether its just 'last-gen', that's absolutely not that case. It doesn't seem to matter what platform, so long as the price is actually $14.99 or less in the system. I almost tried getting Conan for PS3 because it was tagged at $14.99, but I knew it'd be a lot of trouble because I knew it'd ring up at $16.99 and the lady was already thoroughly confused as it was. But, I've bought lots of 360 titles and a few PS2 and PSP titles too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='leung19']that is still nice, i still have one more to trade and i'm going to hit up TRU this afternoon b4 home.
i wish i could find a way to trade more than one F4 copy, cus there is only so many BB (total 16) around my area. and i already traded in 5 last night in 5 diff store.

anyway, here is my question, i have about 500-600 BB money, should i try to flip it to GS? what is the best way to cash it out either via BB or GS?
i'm thinking get some good game and sell it on ebay to cash my credit.[/quote]

People are looking to pay less for games on ebay so dont know how that will turn out. I cash out by buying ps3 80gb bundles or wiis that way you not only cash out but pocket atleast $50 in the process. Or you can buy the 40gb ps3 which gets you the retail value minus the tax on ebay but still good IMO. Trying to move that much credit:drool: You must have plenty of gas to burn....The only time i sold games on ebay was this past week during the FF4 from TRU trade. Bought a couple battlefields for the ps3 for $10 + change (thank you ff4) and sold them on ebay for $60 shipped a pop.

[quote name='king007']People are looking to pay less for games on ebay so dont know how that will turn out. I cash out by buying ps3 80gb bundles or wiis that way you not only cash out but pocket atleast $50 in the process. Or you can buy the 40gb ps3 which gets you the retail value minus the tax on ebay but still good IMO. Trying to move that much credit:drool: You must have plenty of gas to burn....The only time i sold games on ebay was this past week during the FF4 from TRU trade. Bought a couple battlefields for the ps3 for $10 + change (thank you ff4) and sold them on ebay for $60 shipped a pop.[/quote]

Yeah, I cashed out a week or two ago by moving BB credit to GS, then buying a 80 GB MGS4 bundle. The nice thing is, when you buy at Gamestop, you don't pay tax when you use trade-in credit (at least here in TX). Then I just sold it on craigslist locally for $500.

Went to two BBVs during lunch and got:

3 Spiderman 3
2 Shrek The Third
1 Bulletwitch
1 Smackdown 07
2 PSU
1 Sly Cooper 3 (keeping)

First store had another Spiderman 3, Lego SW 2, and another PSU but no discs so I had to go to 2nd store to get more games.

Second store had like 10 copies of Condemned 2, Vikings, FF:RoSS, and about 5 copies of SST. I am so glad I dont flip at this store. In fact, it's the first time I've stepped foot in there. The manager doesnt seem so pleasant as the other stores I frequent. Got another $60 left at my neighborhood store, which I will get more games tonight. Seems there are no flippers there so I think the selection will be pretty good. I saw a RE4 for $9.99 for GCN. Gonna have to get that.

Its buy one get one free on all games under 14.99 and under; EXCLUDING the wii and ps3. MAKE sure you scan the the most expensive together or else you the computer might take off the cheapest ones. EX: 15+15=30 get two 10 games for free is wrong!!!!; 15+10=25 get 15 and 10 game for free, as you can see it can add up overtime.. You can take back the games you dont want within 30-days with reciept. Gamestop is being gay and they cant tell trade in credit over the phone.

After i was done traveling 85 miles across blockbusters i scored 7x spiderman friend or foe(12.99), 4x darkness (14.99), 7x stranglehold (14.99) , 3x amroed core4(14.99), 1x virtua tennis 3 (9.99), 1x shrek3(9.99), 1x chormehounds(9.99), 3x conan(14.99), 1x spiderman3(9.99), 1xgolden compass(9.99), 1x pirates 3(9.99). My flyers are(which will most likely be taken back are 1x Avatar the burning earth(14.99), 1x nba street homecourt(14.99) and 1x prey(9.99). 2x earth defense(6.99) WHICH ONE OF THEM DIDNT HAVE a disc when i got back home... So i called and they will be getting 3 of them in tomorrow so i will buy the other 2 while im at it so it works out :).

I still have one more BB with $200 credit left to go to which is the closest to me while i dump off a few games at GS across the street tonight. The BB i went to i left a bunch of games there too but thats for a later date.

GS TIV conan- $5

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my hands on Bullet Witch, The Darkness, Stranglehold, Golden Compass, Call of Duty 3, Need For Speed: Most Wanted, and Call of Duty 2, as well as Prey which I intend to hold onto. Gonna play through them asap and go ahead and trade them in at GS. After all, I'm a cheap ass gamer. ;)

I think tomorrow I'll use $20 more of my BB credit & flip the games to GS for Viking & Condemned 2. Then I'll flip those back to GS, making $70

[quote name='Segasonic01']I think tomorrow I'll use $20 more of my BB credit & flip the games to GS for Viking & Condemned 2. Then I'll flip those back to GS, making $70[/QUOTE]

Umm..no. I thought the TIV for those both dropped at GameRush. Otherwise, I'd be doing that too!

now i have $244.56 at GS, and $96.63 at BBV

i guess i'll use the BBV credit for major releases since my BBV's aren't gamerushes and only get the more popular games...i'll save the GS credit for more obscure games (culdcept saga, etc.)

i think i'm done now...too much runnin around wasting gas haha

[quote name='Segasonic01']I am debating wether or not I should keep milking this tomorrow. I would like to get an additional $40 GS credit since one GS near me has Electroplankton in stock.[/quote]

A word of warning, GS change prices nightly, if you keep games over night, you may very well be sorry!!

Case in point Condemned 2 went up to 34$ (from 27) today, which cuts into my flipping profits :(

[quote name='mkernan']Yeah, I cashed out a week or two ago by moving BB credit to GS, then buying a 80 GB MGS4 bundle. The nice thing is, when you buy at Gamestop, you don't pay tax when you use trade-in credit (at least here in TX). Then I just sold it on craigslist locally for $500.[/quote]

What if you have about 400 bucks in GS credit, and use the rest to pay cash? Would they still charge you tax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back