The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

You can ask them to put it on another edge card that doesn't have a barcode on it.

You weren't here when we had a huge discussion on it quite a few pages back?

[quote name='Nikadimas']Wii Fit[/QUOTE]

I noticed my local store had one of these today too - I guess that's Tuesday shipping day for ya... I have yet to really buy anything to sell from this entire deal. If I did, I'd rather use my Gamestop credit for it than my rapidly dwindling BB credit, but I'll have to check it out.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']At GS if I trade in some games, can I get that credit on a gift card or something other than my edge card. Its getting weird now when employees say my balance out loud and then look surprised at me.

Plus it may allow me trade off some more multiples at GSs I've already traded them at, I'll just say they are my friend's, so can I get it on a gift card."[/QUOTE]

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']You can ask them to put it on another edge card that doesn't have a barcode on it.

You weren't here when we had a huge discussion on it quite a few pages back?[/QUOTE]

Indeed - I think I've mentioned this a couple of times now. I have SEVERAL "Edge" cards - all except one just don't have the membership sticker on them but they all work fine for storing credit.

Thanks to this thread, I've been dabbling in some flippin'. Thanks, io and all.

Question: have any of you pro flippers ever been denied based on the number of games/repeats traded in at a particular store?

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Thanks to this thread, I've been dabbling in some flippin'. Thanks, io and all.

Question: have any of you pro flippers ever been denied based on the number of games/repeats traded in at a particular store?[/quote]

YMMV on that. I've been denied at 1 BBV they said they don't do trade ins unless I went back to the store where my account was set up originally at.

[quote name='CaoPi']YMMV on that. I've been denied at 1 BBV they said they don't do trade ins unless I went back to the store where my account was set up originally at.[/QUOTE]

also only had one deny on my end as well. This was very early in my flipping, I had traded a Harry Potter at the BB that I first signed up at, part of my first trade flip. I then went to another BB to trade in another HP, The manager couldn't bring up my account since I had just signed up the day before and it wasn't in the system yet. So she had to call the original BB and asked what game I last traded in, which was HP. Then she said this is the last HP you can trade in, huh? Ok fine, but then I posted that in this thread and was told that its 2 per store, per day. So I tried another at that location and the manager said no to HP, but yes to a few other games. I've had some weird looks, mostly at GS via edge cedit readings, but no incidents since my first 2 days of flipping.

Also on another note, I got an email this morning(7/29 7:41am) from GS saying my fatal inertia had shipped, do you think I'll get before the b1g1 ends on 8/4?

I had a hunch that older wouldn't show up on the racks. I asked one store if i could look through their stack of Gamecube games and ended up buying these...

:gc:
Zelda Twilight Princess $14.99 / $21
Zelda Wind Waker $14.99 / $9.80
Mario Party 5 $14.99 / $14
Super Smash Brothers Melee $14.99 / $14

Windwaker was the only one with a case on the racks. Twilight Princess is in great condition but all other games are pretty scratched. Will Gamestop take GC games without cases? I think im going to get killed by refurb fees :(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='makstaks']
Windwaker was the only one with a case on the racks. I think MP5 and SSBM will have a good TIV...they are both $29.99 used at gamestop. Twilight Princess is in great condition but all other games are pretty scratched. Will Gamestop take GC games without cases? I think im going to get killed by refurb fees :([/QUOTE]

They take them disk only, but if your disks are scratched up, they might slap a referb fee, depending on the clerk.

Oh, I forgot -- As of Tuesday, BBV still had the B1G1 running, and Octomania :wii: traded for $23 and Open Season :360: traded for $8. My Best Buy just marked the ESA Holiday Bundles to $10, so a Cars is going to GS as filler and I'm keeping Fusion Frenzy 2.

[quote name='Link927']They take them disk only, but if your disks are scratched up, they might slap a referb fee, depending on the clerk.[/quote]

Thanks. I was checking out Mario Party 5 and that game is ridiculously scratched up...i wouldn't be surprised if they rejected it. It plays fine though.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Oh, I forgot -- As of Tuesday, BBV still had the B1G1 running, and Octomania :wii: traded for $23 and Open Season :360: traded for $8. My Best Buy just marked the ESA Holiday Bundles to $10, so a Cars is going to GS as filler and I'm keeping Fusion Frenzy 2.[/quote]

we live somewhat near each other do you think my BB has the esa holiday bundle at $10, i know they have it in stock, i checked online, its the store in levittown,ny incase thats the same one you go to.

Looking through the GS website, I think I found another flip.

PS2 - Predator Concrete Jungle ($9.99 or $14.99 at BB) sells for $30 on GS's website, so the TIV should hopefully be $14 after bonus).

*edit*

I've seen a lot of the games GS sells for $19.99-$24.99 used at BB and qualify for the B1G1. Not sure if i'll have the time to do any risque flips today, but i'll at least try to pick some up to trade tomorrow.

[quote name='LilPaintballer']we live somewhat near each other do you think my BB has the esa holiday bundle at $10, i know they have it in stock, i checked online, its the store in levittown,ny incase thats the same one you go to.[/quote]

No idea, since BB deals are always YMMV.

Hey, here's a question for everyone:

Neither BBV or GS are particular about accepting manuals with trades, and, as a result, sometimes there are games that you want to keep that are missing them.

GS gets antsy when you bring in games in BlockBuster cases. Blockbuster...sells almost all of their games and movies in Blockbuster cases.

In the past week, I've begun to hang on to manuals from games that I'm trading, and, in the past couple of days, began keeping the nice Wii and 360 cases from trades to BlockBuster and sticking the insert and games in BBV cases.

Has anyone else tried this? And, incidentally, did anyone hold on to Dead or Alive Xtreme 2, King Kong, Star Trek Legacy, or PGR3 manuals?

Additionally, what happened with Kunai? I must have missed...well...everything.

Yeah, I missed a lot. I believe people are still buying B1G1 games and flipping to GameStop with the 10%/20%/30% deal?

Also, Fatal Inertia still trades good?

I'm trying to catch up on all the deals...been out of the loop for a while.

I may stop eventually and see what Hot Shots Golf (PS3) trades for or Tiger Woods 08 (360). Unless someone already knows.

I probably missed these BB tivs a while ago, but does anyone know what the greatest hits games get at BBV. I saw a resistance at GS today for $26.99 (less with 10% +edge). Just curious.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']GS gets antsy when you bring in games in BlockBuster cases. Blockbuster...sells almost all of their games and movies in Blockbuster cases.

In the past week, I've begun to hang on to manuals from games that I'm trading, and, in the past couple of days, began keeping the nice Wii and 360 cases from trades to BlockBuster and sticking the insert and games in BBV cases.
[/QUOTE]

I haven't found the first statement to be particularly true. I know others have run into some issues though. What I did when I was "in good" with my old Gamerush store was simply to ask them for any old game/DVD cases they had. I did this after I saw them haul out a huge garbage bag full of them one day. They gave me tons of cases and I used those for swapping nearly all my new game trades to any of the stores (GR, GC, EB). As a result I have a huge stockpile of brand new cases for just about every system. It was my intention to use those simply to replace cases for games I buy used, or even just to replace ones that have gotten a bit of shelf wear from the kids getting them down all the time (like SSBM, Animal Crossing, etc). However, they have also come in handy when I've gotten the occasional used game I intended to sell - I don't care what the condition of the case is because I'll just use a mint one from my stash. I suppose if BBV cases became a huge problem on the GS trade I could use some of the cases for that, though it would seem a waste to me to use a brand new PS2 case on a Golden Compass trade ;).

I do not make a habit of hanging on to manuals for games I trade in though. Occasionally I will hold on to one for a game I might want later, just in case I get a used copy without a manual. But that is rare. I figure I'm making enough on the flipping I might as well provide the eventual owner with a complete (and of course usually mint) game.

[quote name='doubledown']Yeah, I missed a lot. I believe people are still buying B1G1 games and flipping to GameStop with the 10%/20%/30% deal?[/quote]

Yeah, I adjusted the second post to show all the values after a 40% bump (max promo + Edge). In some ways it is a much easier promo to deal with because there are no exclusions, the games don't have to be in pairs (just 5 or more), and no coupon is required. Just print that out and bring it with you to BB and you ought to be able to do fairly well (1.6-1.8x or so on the BB->GS transfer, which I'd take any day of the week).

[quote name='millerjm2']Resistance gets something like $23 TIV at BB

Fatal Inertia gets $28.50 TIV at BB[/QUOTE]

wait... I though fatal inertia held its 32 tiv? or did I miss something

[quote name='doubledown']

I may stop eventually and see what Hot Shots Golf (PS3) trades for or Tiger Woods 08 (360). Unless someone already knows.[/quote]

Or rather than asking on here two days in a row, pick up a phone and call.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']wait... I though fatal inertia held its 32 tiv? or did I miss something[/quote]

Apparently TIV's drop Sunday & Tuesday now. It held through the Sunday drop but it dropped yesterday.

[quote name='Bezerker']
Apparently TIV's drop Sunday & Tuesday now. It held through the Sunday drop but it dropped yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps they are dropping the trade-in values of games that they also drop the used sale price for on Sunday so there isn't that 2-day window that can be exploited. Then they kept the Tuesday drops for regular (incremental) trade-in value drops that aren't tied to a used game price drop. I don't know the details of these recent drops (specifically, what they sell them for used) to know if this is the case but it would make sense. I'll leave that for someone else to figure out ;).

[quote name='io']Perhaps they are dropping the trade-in values of games that they also drop the used sale price for on Sunday so there isn't that 2-day window that can be exploited. Then they kept the Tuesday drops for regular (incremental) trade-in value drops that aren't tied to a used game price drop. I don't know the details of these recent drops (specifically, what they sell them for used) to know if this is the case but it would make sense. I'll leave that for someone else to figure out ;).[/quote]

This is what I was thinking too IO. What's that sound like to you Warner...?

[quote name='io']Perhaps they are dropping the trade-in values of games that they also drop the used sale price for on Sunday so there isn't that 2-day window that can be exploited. Then they kept the Tuesday drops for regular (incremental) trade-in value drops that aren't tied to a used game price drop. I don't know the details of these recent drops (specifically, what they sell them for used) to know if this is the case but it would make sense. I'll leave that for someone else to figure out ;).[/quote]

In nearly all the cases that i've seen, TIV's have dropped because the used price dropped, which means that they should've happened on Sunday. Doesn't make much sense to me.

I guess a defining factor will be if Fatal Inertia is still $49.99 or if it has dropped since Tuesday. If it is still $49.99, that means corporate is just taking numbers on how many trades they get vs sales and lowering the value accordingly. I think its an attempt to make more money rather than them paying $32 for a ton of copies and then dropping the used price to $30 (instantly making every copy traded before the drop a loss in sales). If they were to drop the TIV of FI to say $19 and keep it at $49.99 used, they could try and turn a bigger profit (though, I highly doubt that any will sell, to knowlegable gamers at least).

Hopefully my manager buddy will be working tonight, I'll try and pick his brain.

wow that sucks, I was at work all day yesterday and I didn't know they dropped the TIV. I would have gotten blacksite or something had I known that. Ughhh.

[quote name='sprintfinanceguy']Only received 26 for BftP PS3, but Octomania held at $23.

[/quote]

I'm sorry... but what is "BftP" that you speak of? And one more... how much does Blacksite trade in at BBV for? I couldn't find it in the CAG Wiki...

Thanks a lot.

I know that I shouldn't complain about BB's service, as their disorganization has worked in my favor a few times, but it really is mind-numbing sometimes. I've had all of the problems that others have mentioned-- empty cases, the wrong games in the cases, bringing in a bunch of games only to have them say they can't find half of them-- but two instances in the last two days have really stood out.

Incident #1- On Monday night, I got approx. 8 games and brought them up in pairs. I asked the clerk (who took in some trade-ins from me a couple of weeks ago and seemed competent) to ring them in accordingly. She seemed to understand what I meant, but after finishing the transaction, only the 4.99s were discounted. Of course, I didn't notice this until after swiping my value card (again, she seemed to know what's going on and I was enjoying that Steve Earle song they play on their promos), and when I pointed out the error she argued with me. She insisted that they had to be rung in that way and that the others who rung me in correctly must have done something wrong.

I told her that I wanted to return them, so she made me wait while A) she helped everyone else who was in line and B) an off-duty employee who came in after me and wanted to switch out some movies. Then, she spent 45 mins on the phone, calling 3 different stores, trying to figure out how to ring in a promotion that had been running for 2 weeks!

Incident #2- I hit a few stores last night. To avoid making any employees look ridiculous (and avoid making me looks suspicisous), I've been starting out by bringing up 2 9.99 games and, after they remind me that the B1G1 is over (funny how it took most stores about a week to figure out it had started, but they are all Johnny-on-the-spot with it ending), tell them that's fine. Then, after the discount shows up, I say "Oh, wow. I'm going to get more," and then clean up.

It worked fine until I hit one store where the employee called her manager and the managers of other stores while I went to get more games. When I came back, she told me that it is a computer glitch and she'll have to ring them all up at full price. I tried arguing with her for a few minutes-- pointing out that she just gave me a price and now she's trying to change it, asking her what she does when I bring up a game marked 24.99 (like a Tony Hawk I had) that rings up at 14.99, etc.-- but finally gave up and left. However, given how much difficulty BB employees seem to have ringing up normal transactions (see incident #1), I was tempted to say "fine!" and then watch her get frustrated trying to override the discount.

Sorry for the long post, but I had to rant. :bomb: I hope that her calling the other stores won't set up alerts at the places I plan to hit today.

I love when people make up rules and reasons on the spot.

Computer glitch? I've had employees say that I can only get the cheaper games free, and when I try to tell them otherwise they become stubborn and refuse to do the transaction.

I've also had times when I tell one cashier that I want to pair up the games, and he'll understand accordingly. Then, while he's price checking the games and putting them in piles according to price, I've had a different cashier come in trying to help the first cashier without knowing what exactly is going on and he ends up messing up my piles and scanning the wrong games together.

Also, while price checking the games, I've had cashiers tell me wrong clearance prices, but since I'm usually on the ball with prices, i usually catch these mistakes.

I've also had employees not know where their trade in agreements forms are when I go to a new BBV too trade in stuff, which results in them spending a good hour and a half trying to find a copy. I usually spend this hour loafing around the store, waiting the longest time.

I've also had employees who don't know how to take trade ins period. And also, when a game scans with a trade in price but for whatever reason can't be accepted such as Guitar Hero 3 for the PS3, they will spend a resulting 45 minutes scanning and rescanning and trying to figure out how to accept the game which always results in me wasting 45 minutes because they eventually just give up and give the game back to me.

I've also had an employee leave me to an incompetent cashier to go help out some girl pick out movies, whom said employee plainly has a crush on. Which is funny, because this empployee is butt ugly and the girl is very hot.

In all, I've probably wasting ~5 hours of my life waiting in BBV stores because of incompetent employees. These are all reasons why I haven't done any flipping since the +$10 bonus trade in deal at Gamestop. I just don't have any more time or patience to deal with that crap anymore.

Keep in mind too that I outwardly keep my cool through all of this. I'm smiling the whole time and when employees apologize I'll say something along the lines of "no problem."

The thing is, though, I'm seething inside. I'm very pissed off. I always catch myself thinking, "learn to do your job $$$$$$."

The only type of consolidations I get from these horrid employees was ONE free rental and a few employee mishaps. Yeah! That really makes up for spending a good hour or so in your store!

By employee mishaps I mean, when they mess up scanning my games correctly and I point it out, they will sometimes add in credit which sometimes works out for me. But that is rare.

"Here's something you may or may not find interesting?!" - The Zoo Keeper

I printed out a map of my work area and put all the GS/BB near there/on the wayish. Also some games that GS.com said they had.

I'm bord... And the stores dont open for another 3 hours, so I got from 10 am to 2 pm to flip until work.

Hopefully I'll be hittin' these bitches up for the next week...

edit: one more bb to the right of the bottom right one, 1 street over on harbor and on Garden grove blvd.

So 6 BBs and 5 GS should be interesting. Any i should stay clear of, *cough* *cough* cleaned out...

[quote name='animemaniac14']haha and octomania is still $12.99 used...hmm..get it new or used...decisions decisions...:lol:[/QUOTE]

I'd get it used if I could F*CKING FIND ONE!!! Save a few cents with 10%coupon+edge.

But I am definitely going to pick up some of these on my flip binge today.

[quote name='doubledown']Wow, I just realized Octomania was $9.99 at GameStop now also....interesting, time to make a quick lunch flip.[/quote]
I was holding out on anymore flips, but now that I can get Octomania with Gamestop credit, guess I'll have to keep pushing along.
"Kids, we're going to the Mall!"

If there's no good PS2 flips, could always use some extra Blockbuster credit.

Thanks.

damn it. I took my edge card out of my wallet and don't have the number to use it online right now. Going to be OOS before I get back for sure.

side note: How fast is the free shipping from GStop.com using SAVER?

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I'd get it used if I could F*CKING FIND ONE!!! Save a few cents with 10%coupon+edge.

But I am definitely going to pick up some of these on my flip binge today.[/quote]
It's still cheaper new than used with edge and 10% email coupon.
Unless this Friday's coupon turns out good, but like you said, this is a tough one to find used. Plus why bother having to worry about condition of disc and all.

[quote name='nlyonssmith']damn it. I took my edge card out of my wallet and don't have the number to use it online right now. Going to be OOS before I get back for sure.[/QUOTE]

your gonna order some online? why not just go to a GS they usually have them new. Ehh, why not I suppose right since even if you dont get it in time for the b1g1 you can just return it. I may order 3 also.

Stone: yeah sorry I calculated for $12 not $13. But the closest one to me used, according to GS.com is 49.7 miles away, est travel time 63 minutes. Road trip!...

My transportation is very limited at the moment and I can realistically only get out on the weekends. If SAVER can get it to me by Saturday, that's awesome.

I suppose I could just return them to GS if I don't get them before the TIV drops though.

I think retail for Octomania is still $30 or so at GameCrazy, but the TIV on it is only $3, so I'm sure that the used price is a pittance -- if you can find one, that is.

quick question I just called my gamestop and they quoted me a price of $15.00 for Octomania, would it ring up as 10.00? Does the online price match store prices? I'm just curious, I would like to get it for 10.00 obviously

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']"Here's something you may or may not find interesting?!" - The Zoo Keeper

dsc03221di2.jpg

I printed out a map of my work area and put all the GS/BB near there/on the wayish. Also some games that GS.com said they had.

I'm bord... And the stores dont open for another 3 hours, so I got from 10 am to 2 pm to flip until work.

Hopefully I'll be hittin' these bitches up for the next week...

edit: one more bb to the right of the bottom right one, 1 street over on harbor and on Garden grove blvd.

So 6 BBs and 5 GS should be interesting. Any i should stay clear of, *cough* *cough* cleaned out...[/quote]

interesting map, I just use the GPS system when heading out the BBV's and GS's I never been to before

I just WENT to GameStop. I asked her to physically check the price for Octomania....still $14.99 in store. So, maybe it will take a few hours/days...not sure how GameStop works.

[quote name='CaoPi']interesting map, I just use the GPS system when heading out the BBV's and GS's I never been to before[/QUOTE]

I still user the analog way... ;)

[quote name='nlyonssmith']My transportation is very limited at the moment and I can realistically only get out on the weekends. If SAVER can get it to me by Saturday, that's awesome.

I suppose I could just return them to GS if I don't get them before the TIV drops though.[/QUOTE]

ehh, whatever I ordered 3 so we'll se what happens

I'm off as well, gotta go to the att store, gotta find out if I can give my gf my old phone and get a new one for me, hehehehe, maybe an iphone, since they give me a discount every 2 years or so. Just a rebate on my bill, my mom was a former pacbell employee so I get the benefits of that deal. Hopefully a new sim card for her new phone (my old one) wont cost too much.

I guess i'll report back at 11pm or so on my octomania endeavors.

[quote name='doubledown']I just WENT to GameStop. I asked her to physically check the price for Octomania....still $14.99 in store. So, maybe it will take a few hours/days...not sure how GameStop works.[/quote]

Did you scan the item or just look at it? It takes the clerks time for them to change the price tags, even if they ring up the online price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back