The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

SPECIAL NOTE:

For those looking to transfer credit from Blockbuster to Gamestop the current extra $10 for 2 games deal at Gamestop (Wii, 360, PS3 only) provides the following options:

Game: BB price -> GS price with Edge+bonus

:360:
Beautiful Katamari: $9.99 -> $11.60
Bionicle Heroes $9.99 -> $7.20 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Bullet Witch: $9.99 -> $9.40
Cars: $9.99 -> $9.40
Chromehounds: $9.99? -> $8.30
Earth Defense Force: $9.99 -> $10.50
King Kong $9.99 -> $7.75 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Meet The Robinsons: $6.99 -> $10.50
Ninety-Nine Nights $14.99 -> $13.80
PSU $9.99 -> $10.50
Rumble Roses $9.99 -> $8.30
Spiderman 3: $9.99 -> $10.50
Spiderman Friend or Foe $12.99 -> $13.80
Table Tennis $9.99 -> $7.75
Tomb Raider Legend $9.99 -> $9.80
Top Spin 2: $9.99 -> $9.40
Virtua Tennis 3 $9.99 -> $11.60
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360) | 9.99 -> 9.40

:wii:
Alien Syndrome $9.99 -> $10.50
Meet The Robinsons $9.99 -> $11.60
Sonic Secret Rings $14.99 -> $14.90
Super Monkey Ball $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)

:ps3:
NBA Street Homecourt $14.99 -> ??
Virtua Fighter 5 $14.99 -> $13.80

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are taking preorders for Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Star Wars Force Unleashed, and possibly a few other games (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. Most still do not sell handheld systems (a few apparently sell the DS but I've never seen them there). As a result of not selling used hardware, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of your choice of new games (though, it seems, some stores have stopped taking preorders). On the other hand, some regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for a few select mega-release titles (recent examples: Halo 3, SSBB, Mario Kart, GTA IV).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']I'm somewhat new to this flipping thing. What are the top 5 titles right now to flip from EB/GS to BB?[/QUOTE]

Madden 2002-2006.

Anyone trade in Folklore this week? (or, lately, even), it was last reported at $36.

Also, any GR sightings of Xbox 360 Bully yet? (Not sure when its official release day is)

[quote name='jdawgg76']Just saw Cabela's African Safari(?, whatever) at a KMart for 7. It's not in the wiki. Anyone trade one in recently?[/QUOTE]

I believe the TIV is $15

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Well then what is?[/quote]

I don't flip to BB much, The best place to check is the Wiki article in the first or second post of this thread. BTW Maddens are worth about $0.01 lol

[quote name='Sinnbox']I don't flip to BB much, The best place to check is the Wiki article in the first or second post of this thread. BTW Maddens are worth about $0.01 lol[/quote]

If you dont flip to BB much what are you doing in this thread? Also Madden 2006 for 360 gets $8...al ot more then $.01

Anyone know of any GR/BB in SoCal that still has 60GB's? Last I checked a month ago, a location in Fountain Valley, CA had them but I didn't have the money then, now I do and ofcourse they are out.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']If you dont flip to BB much what are you doing in this thread? Also Madden 2006 for 360 gets $8...al ot more then $.01[/quote]

Why shouldn't I be in this thread? I said much, I don't flip there currently due to the fact that i have a nice ammount of credit there, and my BB has no good games(I'm about the only person that trades there so my only chices to purchase are previous rentals. AKA not much to chose from.) but Madden 02? ....

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Anyone know of any GR/BB in SoCal that still has 60GB's? Last I checked a month ago, a location in Fountain Valley, CA had them but I didn't have the money then, now I do and ofcourse they are out.[/quote]

Less than a month ago, Spauldingfan helped me find one in culvercity. (310) 837-1286, give them a call.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Anyone know of any GR/BB in SoCal that still has 60GB's? Last I checked a month ago, a location in Fountain Valley, CA had them but I didn't have the money then, now I do and ofcourse they are out.[/QUOTE]
I'll keep a lookout in the Fullerton/Brea area. There's at least a half dozen BB's nearby - one of them might have something.

Likewise, I'm looking for the 360 HD drive. I've got excess credit and figure it's worth the $50. Not asking for debate on Blu-Ray vs HD (OMG IT'S A DEAD FORMAT!) - just looking for the drive in the SoCal area.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Anyone know of any GR/BB in SoCal that still has 60GB's? Last I checked a month ago, a location in Fountain Valley, CA had them but I didn't have the money then, now I do and ofcourse they are out.[/QUOTE]

The Riverside, CA one on La Sierra had one about 2 months ago.

I can call and check if they still have it if you want.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']If you dont flip to BB much what are you doing in this thread? Also Madden 2006 for 360 gets $8...al ot more then $.01[/quote]

My local BB doesn't take anything older than the current 08. I took in Madden and NBA Live 07 to them and they told me no 07 games. So I took them to GS and got about $7.50 each from them after the bonus $10. Then bought MUA/Forza and took it back to them :D.

I saw 2 60's at my GR in Olathe, KS today.

I have just decided that I really want a PS3, don't care about BC, just want to be able to kick my brothers ass 2 states away in the show and other games. I have around 280 in credit now, but nothing to flip. I will prolly get a 40 when I can afford it, alas, when I really want something I don't have the credit.

[quote name='doubledown']Thanks....I guess Friday is still the normal for them (except for high profile games.....I can see them getting GTA IV on release day....maybe SSBB)[/quote]

I heard SSBB will be available on sunday night according to my store

I'm looking to get some GS credit for as cheap as possible. They have a 25% add-on coupon for DS and PSP games. Does anybody know of any DS/PSP games at GR that would trade up at GS before the coupon? Thanks in advance for any help.

[quote name='neocisco']I'm looking to get some GS credit for as cheap as possible. They have a 25% add-on coupon for DS and PSP games. Does anybody know of any DS/PSP games at GR that would trade up at GS before the coupon? Thanks in advance for any help.[/quote]

mario party ds isnt too bad. sells for 29.99 and gets 27 after coupon and edge card.

[quote name='neocisco']I'm looking to get some GS credit for as cheap as possible. They have a 25% add-on coupon for DS and PSP games. Does anybody know of any DS/PSP games at GR that would trade up at GS before the coupon? Thanks in advance for any help.[/QUOTE]

Very hard to say, its very YMMV on what games GR will have, especially in the used section. So I would go to GR, and look at their selection, try the latest games and give GS a call while you are at GR.

avatar is 19? hmmm I saw 5 copies of that @ my target clearanced for 12.... Target, here I come. I even have a gift card from christmas to use along with a $5 coupon, he he!!!!

[quote name='stoned99']I heard SSBB will be available on sunday night according to my store[/quote]
With all the advertisements stating as much, it better be, for their sake. Won't bother me too much if I have to wait, but I'm sure it would others.

wtf? so ssbb is actually going to get to stores on sunday?! HOW?! the frikin MAIL doesn't DELIVER on sunday...that doesn't make any sense...plus BBV only gets it's shipment of games in on Friday...so unless SSBB ships out from it's original location especially early for BBV...it wont' arrive until Friday...unless im completely mistaken (which i actually hope i am)

you people are insane to think that it won't be here on sunday. They get games on fridays.... Release day is on sunday.... It has been confirmed by countless managers @ BB/GR stores that they WILL HAVE THE GAME ON RELEASE DAY!!!!!!

i guess...according to the lady i just talked to..."We will have it on the 9th"..i was like "HOW ARE YOU GETTING IT ON THE 9TH WHEN MAIL DOESN'T EVEN GET DELIVERED ON SUNDAYS?" response: "Sir (in a condescending tone) we will have it BEFORE the 9th"..OHHHH... well im not sure how...but oh well. the 9th works for me!

[quote name='animemaniac14']wtf? so ssbb is actually going to get to stores on sunday?! HOW?! the frikin MAIL doesn't DELIVER on sunday...that doesn't make any sense...plus BBV only gets it's shipment of games in on Friday...so unless SSBB ships out from it's original location especially early for BBV...it wont' arrive until Friday...unless im completely mistaken (which i actually hope i am)[/quote]Nintendo first party releases are almost always on Sunday. Why? No idea.

[quote name='animemaniac14']i guess...according to the lady i just talked to..."We will have it on the 9th"..i was like "HOW ARE YOU GETTING IT ON THE 9TH WHEN MAIL DOESN'T EVEN GET DELIVERED ON SUNDAYS?" response: "Sir (in a condescending tone) we will have it BEFORE the 9th"..OHHHH... well im not sure how...but oh well. the 9th works for me![/QUOTE]

Dude.... did it not ever occur to you that retailers often get product in *before* the actual release????? I used to work at a Hastings many years ago and we'd often have new CDs and movies in the stock room a few days ahead of time, just ready to put out on the shelf.

Granted, its strange for Blockbuster and games, but its a ginormous release.

[quote name='asthmatic']Less than a month ago, Spauldingfan helped me find one in culvercity. (310) 837-1286, give them a call.[/quote]

Thanks not sure how far they'd be for me but worth a shot.

[quote name='JJSP']I'll keep a lookout in the Fullerton/Brea area. There's at least a half dozen BB's nearby - one of them might have something.

Likewise, I'm looking for the 360 HD drive. I've got excess credit and figure it's worth the $50. Not asking for debate on Blu-Ray vs HD (OMG IT'S A DEAD FORMAT!) - just looking for the drive in the SoCal area.[/quote]

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for the HD DVD drive, though I don't visit GR's all that much now aday.

[quote name='sasukekun']The Riverside, CA one on La Sierra had one about 2 months ago.

I can call and check if they still have it if you want.[/quote]

Um...that'd be great but Riverside is pretty far from me, I wouldn't be able to make it there till this weekend. Thanks for offering though.

[quote name='mkernan']Dude.... did it not ever occur to you that retailers often get product in *before* the actual release????? I used to work at a Hastings many years ago and we'd often have new CDs and movies in the stock room a few days ahead of time, just ready to put out on the shelf.[/quote]Oh duh, I didn't even get to that part of the post.

Yes, retailers get their DVDs and games and CDs and anything with a street date days before the release. They're often packaged in boxes with labels on the outside or with inserts in the boxes saying something like "do no display until DayX/MonthX/YearX.

I just wish they got MLB 08 in.....still waiting for Friday. IT's ok...as I said, I have a Best Buy coupon for Friday also, so I would wait either way.

I just picked up 3 avatar's from target for 12.48, 1 blue dragons for 14.48, and 1 Juiced 2 for 14.48. All trade in @ BB/GR for $22.

Total spent- $47 - $20 gift card, $5 off coupon for "toys"
Total credit - 117 + tax

[quote name='runpuddrun']I just picked up 3 avatar's from target for 12.48, 1 blue dragons for 14.48, and 1 Juiced 2 for 14.48. All trade in @ BB/GR for $22.

Total credit - 117 + tax[/QUOTE]

Damnit..... I went to target today and none of those had dropped at mine yet. Lucky!

Yeah I know, been watching it for weeks now. Wiped them out. The other target near me still had the same games listed @ $41, drove down the street and was pleasantly surprised.

Trading in Blue Dragon is sad, I'd almost want to just give you $22 + shipping/paypal fee to ship it to me instead of giving it up to them.

Its not a big deal, one of the local Targets still has it for $30 but if those disappear on me before $15 I'll start badgering people for trade/sales :)

[quote name='runpuddrun']I just picked up 3 avatar's from target for 12.48, 1 blue dragons for 14.48, and 1 Juiced 2 for 14.48. All trade in @ BB/GR for $22.

Total credit - 117 + tax[/quote]

Someone earlier in the thread had indicated Avatar was only fetching 19$ ?

Here's some prices for Target games:

Tony Hawk Proving Ground Wii - $23
Juiced 2 360 - $22
Blue Dragon - $22
Folklore - $36
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - $33
Jericho PS3 - $26

If they arent 75% off at your target, there is a very good chance they will be on Monday morning, meaning that at least for one day you can GO GO GO GO GO

Dave

I called my GR and asked, 19 seemed weird to me. but 22 it is. Plus I get tax onmy trade in's. [quote name='stoned99']Someone earlier in the thread had indicated Avatar was only fetching 19$ ?[/quote]

[quote name='animemaniac14']i guess...according to the lady i just talked to..."We will have it on the 9th"..i was like "HOW ARE YOU GETTING IT ON THE 9TH WHEN MAIL DOESN'T EVEN GET DELIVERED ON SUNDAYS?" response: "Sir (in a condescending tone) we will have it BEFORE the 9th"..OHHHH... well im not sure how...but oh well. the 9th works for me![/QUOTE]

Yeah, the others covered it, but I just wanted to add the same thing happened with Lego Star Wars II for cripes sake - so it definitely can happen for an ultra-huge release like this. LSW II was "released" on a Monday I think but even at my old unreliable Gamerush store they had them in the previous Friday if not earlier. It took a ton of convincing on my part to get them to give me my preorder on the actual release date though - they didn't want to believe me :roll:. It ought to be a bit easier with SSBB as they have the March 9th date on their posters.

No FF but here are some more Wii trade-in values as of an hour ago:
WII

Alien Syndrome $16
Carnival Games $23
Chicken Little $16
Elebits $9
Prince of Persia $9
Splinter Cell $9

I picked up a Juiced and Avatar at my Target (wife did actually...I told her to look for games around $15 or less). Not sure if they are worth it for a $7 credit profit....real money is worth more than credit to me ;) I may keep Avatar if it really does trade for $22 (maybe that $22 was factoring in tax.....as stated earlier, someone got $19 for it).

I hope to check Target again for some PS3 stuff.

IF you want they have the hd drive at sunset blvd. You can call to verify. I saw it there last week

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Thanks not sure how far they'd be for me but worth a shot.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for the HD DVD drive, though I don't visit GR's all that much now aday.

Um...that'd be great but Riverside is pretty far from me, I wouldn't be able to make it there till this weekend. Thanks for offering though.[/quote]

[quote name='guinaevere']Oh duh, I didn't even get to that part of the post.

Yes, retailers get their DVDs and games and CDs and anything with a street date days before the release. They're often packaged in boxes with labels on the outside or with inserts in the boxes saying something like "do no display until DayX/MonthX/YearX.[/quote]I still haven't seen a Crackdown that doesn't have the DO NOT SELL BEFORE 02/23/07 seal on the top. How many of those did they print BEFORE release?

[quote name='El Gray']Anyone have a value for Fantastic Four: ROTSS (Wii)?[/QUOTE]

I saw the 360 version priced used for $25 just this past sunday, so I'm guessing $15 for that one. Don't know if that helps...

Has anyone seen any PSPs at their local GR in SOCAL?

any where in socal would be nice. LA OC SD LB??

I drive all over for work so I would be able to pick one up any where!? THANKs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back