The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

SPECIAL NOTE:

For those looking to transfer credit from Blockbuster to Gamestop the current extra $10 for 2 games deal at Gamestop (Wii, 360, PS3 only) provides the following options:

Game: BB price -> GS price with Edge+bonus

:360:
Beautiful Katamari: $9.99 -> $11.60
Bionicle Heroes $9.99 -> $7.20 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Bullet Witch: $9.99 -> $9.40
Cars: $9.99 -> $9.40
Chromehounds: $9.99? -> $8.30
Earth Defense Force: $9.99 -> $10.50
King Kong $9.99 -> $7.75 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Meet The Robinsons: $6.99 -> $10.50
Ninety-Nine Nights $14.99 -> $13.80
PSU $9.99 -> $10.50
Rumble Roses $9.99 -> $8.30
Spiderman 3: $9.99 -> $10.50
Spiderman Friend or Foe $12.99 -> $13.80
Table Tennis $9.99 -> $7.75
Tomb Raider Legend $9.99 -> $9.80
Top Spin 2: $9.99 -> $9.40
Virtua Tennis 3 $9.99 -> $11.60
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360) | 9.99 -> 9.40

:wii:
Alien Syndrome $9.99 -> $10.50
Meet The Robinsons $9.99 -> $11.60
Sonic Secret Rings $14.99 -> $14.90
Super Monkey Ball $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)

:ps3:
NBA Street Homecourt $14.99 -> ??
Virtua Fighter 5 $14.99 -> $13.80

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are taking preorders for Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Star Wars Force Unleashed, and possibly a few other games (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. Most still do not sell handheld systems (a few apparently sell the DS but I've never seen them there). As a result of not selling used hardware, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of your choice of new games (though, it seems, some stores have stopped taking preorders). On the other hand, some regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for a few select mega-release titles (recent examples: Halo 3, SSBB, Mario Kart, GTA IV).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='runpuddrun']Forza/MUA is still the best kunai out there. Just used the 25% off to get MUA/Forza 2 to kunai on Monday w/The Bigs and Madden 08. I kunai'ed 2 HoV's today also. :)[/quote]

Fixed.

[quote name='djkunai']Fixed.[/quote]Not really. He only traded in 2 copies of 1 game and 1 of each of the others. He's a busy trader, but a real kunaier shows up with a good 6 or 7 of each. A true kunaier sees fear in the eyes of the GR manager giving him kunai credit!;)

well, this will be my 6th Forza/MUA, i've done 4 Hov's, and countless others a while ago. Not on par with the best of them, but not too bad in my eyes....

I'm tempted to get in on more HoV's. $13 into $32 is a really good rate. According to the store locators, i've got at least 8 copies within 10 miles.

[quote name='runpuddrun']well, this will be my 6th Forza/MUA, i've done 4 Hov's, and countless others a while ago. Not on par with the best of them, but not too bad in my eyes....[/quote]No, for real, that's pretty darn good. I was just joking with him that he goes in with fistfuls of games to kunai. You're definitely on your way to attaining your kunai mastership. First, you must utilize your kunai ability to attain your first PS3.

[quote name='galvatron2k1']Picked up my DMC CE for PS3 that I preordered for 59.99. The game was marked 79.99 but since I had paid it off, she didn't even ask questions. Just hit the key to deliver and I got it. So, if you preordered it and paid it off when it was 59.99, chances are you will get the discounted price!

Now to return the one I got from Gamestop at full price...[/quote]

well crap i just put a $5 deposit down...but if they try to charge me the full price of the game ($79.99) then they gonna get HELL from me...

Well, I don't think that I will ever be a master then... I don't ever want a PS3, as I already have a 360 and it just doesn't seem worth it to me. I am going to get a Wii when the finally get one, a couple wiimotes, classic controller, a crapload of Wii pts, and a couple games, SSBM and SMBG to be exact.

I hope that qualifies me, if not, darn... I will have over $440 by Monday, so I guess I COULD get a PS3, although I won't....

[quote name='runpuddrun']Well, I don't think that I will ever be a master then... I don't ever want a PS3, as I already have a 360 and it just doesn't seem worth it to me. I am going to get a Wii when the finally get one, a couple wiimotes, classic controller, a crapload of Wii pts, and a couple games, SSBM and SMBG to be exact.

I hope that qualifies me, if not, darn... I will have over $440 by Monday, so I guess I COULD get a PS3, although I won't....[/quote]Thought you were aiming for a PS3 for some reason. A Wii will definitely work!!! I also have a little over 400, but I can't decide between a (60GB) PS3 mostly for BluRay and HD output and solid BC for my PS2 collection and one less console connected to the plasma (and for games when they get rolling) or a Wii. Can't find either so I may end up getting a bunch of 360 games instead at this rate. I'm sure you already know, but in case you don't most stores get consoles on Wednesdays.

[quote name='Bezerker']I'm tempted to get in on more HoV's. $13 into $32 is a really good rate. According to the store locators, i've got at least 8 copies within 10 miles.[/quote]

I cant even find HOV on the EB/GS site, how do i do store locate then?

[quote name='xDerekRx']I cant even find HOV on the EB/GS site, how do i do store locate then?[/quote]

at the bottom of your search there is a link that says 'Show back-ordered items'

make sure to enable that. it will allow you to access any page they have.

[quote name='nlyonssmith']at the bottom of your search there is a link that says 'Show back-ordered items'

make sure to enable that. it will allow you to access any page they have.[/quote]

Thank you much.

All my stores (there are 7 or 8) in a 25 mile radius of me (kansas city area) get consoles on Tuesdays. I have been calling every single one for 4 straight weeks now (ever since I got $250 on my value card) and they all know my voice now. I have 6 GR's on speed dial and just go down the list now, lol. I would just love it if one got one this tuesday!!!! I will definitely let everyone know if I get one this week.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Thank you much.[/QUOTE]

+1 on the thanks there nylonssmith! I didn't even know and I'm a vet at flipping...

[quote name='runpuddrun']All my stores (there are 7 or 8) in a 25 mile radius of me (kansas city area) get consoles on Tuesdays. I have been calling every single one for 4 straight weeks now (ever since I got $250 on my value card) and they all know my voice now. I have 6 GR's on speed dial and just go down the list now, lol. I would just love it if one got one this tuesday!!!! I will definitely let everyone know if I get one this week.[/QUOTE]

Goodluck, I'm rooting for ya!

[quote name='jdawgg76']First, you must utilize your kunai ability to attain your first PS3.[/quote]

Yeah, I've hit 3 PS3's, roughly 20 360s, and over 20 DS Lites in the past year.

Is there any way of turning the GR credit into GS credit as of right now. Also where is Hour of Victory $13 because its not showing up on the GS website. Also, I have heard about the Marvel/Forza pack but I cant seem to find any at my local GS.

You guys have got my head spinning with excitement! Motorstorm and HoV trade in for $30-$32?!! I've got an ebay auction ending today that'll give me some play money. For me two used copies of HoV for a little over $20 (w/coupon and edge card), equals new copy of GTA4!

HoV is 13 after 25% off ccoupon on used 360 and xbox games stacked w/ edge card.

Forza/MUA is only in some GS/EB's because some of them don't sell them together, they seperate them to make more money. There is 2 out of 5 EB's that sell them together and I usually wipe them out whenever they get more in. You just have to look.

[quote name='ultramanJ']You guys have got my head spinning with excitement! Motorstorm and HoV trade in for $30-$32?!! I've got an ebay auction ending today that'll give me some play money. For me two used copies of HoV for a little over $20 (w/coupon and edge card), equals new copy of GTA4![/QUOTE]

Well, why waste time with a 10 buck profit with Motostorm when you can get a 17 buck profit with HoV because of the 25% off coupon for Xbox 360 games (Hour of Victory is $14.50 without Edge).
[quote name='runpuddrun']HoV is 13 after 25% off ccoupon on used 360 and xbox games stacked w/ edge card.

Forza/MUA is only in some GS/EB's because some of them don't sell them together, they seperate them to make more money. There is 2 out of 5 EB's that sell them together and I usually wipe them out whenever they get more in. You just have to look.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering when GS/EB's were going to start doing this but I have seen at least one used copy of the double pack at all of my local stores so I know that I can find it here. I don't have an Edge card because I don't shop at Gamestop enough to warrant one.

My gamestop has 10 copies of the Forza/Marvel bundle.

Going back later today to get another 2 w/ coupon. Just sucks that I have to use a empty dvd case and print out labels for both games every time I trade em in

ye my gamestop has several of them as well! will be going TOMORROW to get some! another GS up the street has some copies of HoV used so looks like it's going to be an exciting day for me tomorrow :whistle2:D

Hey guys, I've been off the GameRush scene for quite a while now. About two years ago I was banned for excessive trading. Back then they had deals like trade in two games get a new game for $20 off on top of the credit you got. Basically I (as well as other CAGs) bought games at gamestop and other places and traded them in for 3 times their value. I got around 50 new games for about $10.00 apiece. Good times.

Anyway, my question: After two years do you guys think they might have lifted my trading ban?
Thanks

[quote name='Sockey']Hey guys, I've been off the GameRush scene for quite a while now. About two years ago I was banned for excessive trading. Back then they had deals like trade in two games get a new game for $20 off on top of the credit you got. Basically I (as well as other CAGs) bought games at gamestop and other places and traded them in for 3 times their value. I got around 50 new games for about $10.00 apiece. Good times.

Anyway, my question: After two years do you guys think they might have lifted my trading ban?
Thanks[/quote]

Yes, the system drops inactive accounts after a period of time. I was banned around the same time, and in the past year I've made easily $5000+ from kunai'ing (massive flipping).

[quote name='djkunai']Yes, the system drops inactive accounts after a period of time. I was banned around the same time, and in the past year I've made easily $5000+ from kunai'ing (massive flipping).[/QUOTE]

Awesome, I guess I will try my hand at "kunai'ing" (never heard of that term before) again. Right now it seems like Hour of Victory and the Marvel/Forza bundle provide the best profit. Thanks

[quote name='Sockey']Hey guys, I've been off the GameRush scene for quite a while now. About two years ago I was banned for excessive trading. Back then they had deals like trade in two games get a new game for $20 off on top of the credit you got. Basically I (as well as other CAGs) bought games at gamestop and other places and traded them in for 3 times their value. I got around 50 new games for about $10.00 apiece. Good times.

Thanks[/quote]

Hmm, well I think the key is inactive accounts, the bans on my account were not cleared until I specifically spoke to the manager who cleared it with the dm. My guess is if you use the account for renting videos the ban will not disappear. It looks like Kunai at some point basically had to resign up for a BB account. Ban's are typically store specific unless the DM was a real dick and called every BB within a 50 mile radius. My ban for instance was only at GR stores. I am still banned at both HB stores, but able to trade at a 3rd GR in the same district. BB's on the other hand are plentiful and I can trade at 7 stores. Try trading at a BB you've never traded at before attempting to trade at the store you were banned from.

I'm also much more careful this time around, I do not trade more than 1 copy of a single game at the same store, and I'm avoiding stores were the manager seems to be a dick, I'm also cross trading at GameCrazy forcing them to price match GR, which is really quite funny, they hate to do it, but it's their policy not mine.

[quote name='runpuddrun']I also don't have an edge card... Don't like EB at all, I just wait for coupons and the like...[/quote]You guys should look at the $2 Edge card thread. It's got a link to a pdf which offers a magazine sub (Game Informer or whatever, the GS mag) and edge card OR edge card for 2 bucks. I rarely go to GS/EB although I'm going more now for the B2G1s and flipping and it paid itself off and then some the first time I used it. With these flipping opportunities the edge card would really add up for you. No way I'd get it for the regular price, 16 or something.

[quote name='Sockey']Awesome, I guess I will try my hand at "kunai'ing" (never heard of that term before) again. Right now it seems like Hour of Victory and the Marvel/Forza bundle provide the best profit. Thanks[/QUOTE]

LOL. That's a nickname for flipping excessively that's kind of started recently due to djkunai's (the guy who responded to you) insane amount of trading activity. Like he said, "$5,000 worth." That's insane.

Just flipped an HoV for $32 and while I was there (at gamerush) I saw a new copy of DMC4 CE so a grabbed it. Cost me a total of $65. Also picked up a Forza 2/Marvel UA that I may take back after I play it a bit.

Well I too took advantage of the HoV trade in today, using Edge + 25% coupon I got 2 copies of of HoV for about $24 which equaled about $66 in credit at my gamerush. Unfortunately no DMC 4 there tho, so I am just sitting on the credit for now.

Is it normal for them to add tax on the trade in? Seems weird.

Also do they keep records of the games you traded in? If I went to several different blockbusters and traded HoV, would they eventually notice? Thanks.

You would need to take it there and tell them that you wanted to trade these games in....LOL. Some stores (only you can figure this out, on your own) if they let you trade in w/o cover art (they can print them out themselves). The least that you have to do is provide your own extra box(free if you are smart enough to ask BB or GR employees for ones, or free if you grab those silly AOL, internet dvd cases from CC, BB, walmart, etc...

Yes, they always add +tax to your trade ins. I like value cards, keeps it simple, a lot better than if they force you to put it your account.

I do believe that they can see what games you have traded in, but only each individual store, they are not linked together in the true sense of the word.

[quote name='jlarlee']Broke my flipping cherry today

HOV- $32
HOV- $32
COD 2 PH for 360- $12
Red Steel- $9[/quote]

Welcome aboard!
I'm about two months into flipping and it's unbelievable.
Got spoiled with Beowulf, than jumped into Darkness, HOV, Marvel/Forza2, Monster Madness.
I've gotten too much stuff to list, but recently scored a PS3 80G.
Spread the trades around to as many stores as possible!

The least that you have to do is provide your own extra box(free if you are smart enough to ask BB or GR employees for ones

Thanks for answering, but could you expound on this? Do you mean that I could walk into a blockbuster with the intent of trading in games, and ask for a free DVD case before doing it?

It wouldn't hurt to try. They throw a shitload out when they relegate and throw out old dvd's. I've seen garbage bags full of cases and just asked if I could have some. If not, like I said, ask for free ones @ GS when buying used games there, or the free ones for those silly AOL and internet dvd cases @ B & M stores.

The cases don't have to be 360 cases, just any ole' DVD case would be fine.

[quote name='jlarlee']Broke my flipping cherry today

HOV- $32
HOV- $32
COD 2 PH for 360- $12
Red Steel- $9[/quote]

Welcome to the dark side. Tomorrow is my flip day, looking to get about 300 worth of store credit :). Now i just have to decide ps3 or 360...damn

Darkness $32
The Bigs $32
Enchanted Arms -MoFo $15 ! WTF , Cag Wiki said $32 so someone might want to adust that. NOW!

Also thos moron working wouldn't take motorstorm for ps3 becasue it say "not for resale" on the damn game and doesn't have a barcode. Has anyone else had this problem?, I snagged 2 Motorstorms at GS so Now I'm pretty upset!

[quote name='GameReeper']Darkness $32
The Bigs $32
Enchanted Arms -MoFo $15 ! WTF , Cag Wiki said $32 so someone might want to adust that. NOW!

Also thos moron working wouldn't take motorstorm for ps3 becasue it say "not for resale" on the damn game and doesn't have a barcode. Has anyone else had this problem?, I snagged 2 Motorstorms at GS so Now I'm pretty upset![/quote]

Print out the Motorstorm covers and replace them.

The Bigs $32

Also thos moron working wouldn't take motorstorm for ps3 becasue it say "not for resale" on the damn game and doesn't have a barcode. Has anyone else had this problem?, I snagged 2 Motorstorms at GS so Now I'm pretty upset![/quote]

I'm not an expert, but I think you should take the two motorstorms back, and get some non-bundled editions.

The Bigs $32

Settle down man. First of all check the date next to the price on the wiki. If it's more than a few weeks old the price has probably changed. That game was last updated 1/7/07. Did you really think the value was still that high over a year later?
Second the lack of a barcode issue you speak of is the same problem other CAGs are running into with the Marvel/Forza trade-ins. Some stores are being cocks about it and requiring cases with barcodes before they'll take it.

The Bigs $32
Enchanted Arms -MoFo $15 ! WTF , Cag Wiki said $32 so someone might want to adust that. NOW![/quote]I'm no expert on the wiki, but that may be the most recent update on Enchanted Arms since the wiki date of 1/2007. Also, you didn't specify systems for the games you traded in which will aid in the updating of the wiki.

Went to some Gamestops and picked up marvel/forza bundle printed new covers and took them to BB and they got flagged and then they opened the game pulled out the printed paper and Said we do not accept printed covers. So I left went to another one and Traded in Only 1 game and worked, went to another one traded in the another and it work. So it looks like when you trade together they are getting Flagged but apart is ok. Happen to me 3 times till I figured out how to work BlockBuster ^_^. This is in Indiana. Thanks

[quote name='Dragonwarrior587']Went to some Gamestops and picked up marvel/forza bundle printed new covers and took them to BB and they got flagged and then they opened the game pulled out the printed paper and Said we do not accept printed covers. So I left went to another one and Traded in Only 1 game and worked, went to another one traded in the another and it work. So it looks like when you trade together they are getting Flagged but apart is ok. Happen to me 3 times till I figured out how to work BlockBuster ^_^. This is in Indiana. Thanks[/quote]

You should've said "No problem. I don't want to trade in the covers, just the games." Either that or reminded them that all game cover are printed. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back