The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

SPECIAL NOTE:

For those looking to transfer credit from Blockbuster to Gamestop the current extra $10 for 2 games deal at Gamestop (Wii, 360, PS3 only) provides the following options:

Game: BB price -> GS price with Edge+bonus

:360:
Beautiful Katamari: $9.99 -> $11.60
Bionicle Heroes $9.99 -> $7.20 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Bullet Witch: $9.99 -> $9.40
Cars: $9.99 -> $9.40
Chromehounds: $9.99? -> $8.30
Earth Defense Force: $9.99 -> $10.50
King Kong $9.99 -> $7.75 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Meet The Robinsons: $6.99 -> $10.50
Ninety-Nine Nights $14.99 -> $13.80
PSU $9.99 -> $10.50
Rumble Roses $9.99 -> $8.30
Spiderman 3: $9.99 -> $10.50
Spiderman Friend or Foe $12.99 -> $13.80
Table Tennis $9.99 -> $7.75
Tomb Raider Legend $9.99 -> $9.80
Top Spin 2: $9.99 -> $9.40
Virtua Tennis 3 $9.99 -> $11.60
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360) | 9.99 -> 9.40

:wii:
Alien Syndrome $9.99 -> $10.50
Meet The Robinsons $9.99 -> $11.60
Sonic Secret Rings $14.99 -> $14.90
Super Monkey Ball $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)

:ps3:
NBA Street Homecourt $14.99 -> ??
Virtua Fighter 5 $14.99 -> $13.80

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are taking preorders for Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Star Wars Force Unleashed, and possibly a few other games (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. Most still do not sell handheld systems (a few apparently sell the DS but I've never seen them there). As a result of not selling used hardware, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of your choice of new games (though, it seems, some stores have stopped taking preorders). On the other hand, some regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for a few select mega-release titles (recent examples: Halo 3, SSBB, Mario Kart, GTA IV).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='io']It will be interesting to see how widespread this preorder expansion is. Do you think this will only be at the stores that carry PS3's/Guitar Hero/other new games now, or at *all* stores like the SSBB/Mario Kart preorders? I'm guessing the former as the Wii Fit balance board peripheral will make the packing pretty bulky. Though as a preorder item it's possible for any store to deal with it I suppose (except if people cancel preorders on them and they are stuck trying to sell it in the store).

Even my local little podunk store got a ton of those framed posters to sell, though (mostly at $29.99). If they have the space for those, they should have the space to sell a few games - even Wii Fit.[/quote]

I actually lean towards Widespread, io.

Reason I say this is because our store is considered one of the dinky stores in the area that gets the fewest rentals, never gets all the cool stuff that the bigger locations get in the area.

However stuff like the framed art is 100$ across the board, all stores, and if our store is doing preorders for thigns like Wii Fit, then all stores are, same with the consoles. Another thing that leads me to beleive its widespread is the printout was a corporate printout, not just regional one. So its look like the latter.

[quote name='djkunai']Got this letter today:

[letter]

I love the part where they tell me I'm allowed to still buy stuff. Ironically, I traded in two days ago without an issue.[/quote]And another era has reached it's end. :cry:

[quote name='djkunai']Got this letter today:

I love the part where they tell me I'm allowed to still buy stuff. Ironically, I traded in two days ago without an issue.[/quote]

My guess is it is for a particular store, that was the same form letter that was sent out a couple of years ago, it's complete BS for them to target individuals as overtraders. Could you imagine GS/GC sending out such notices, their business would dry up in a heartbeat.

What we need is some media savy individuals to make this an internet issue, maybe Cheapy should include the issue in his weekly podcast as insane things corporations do to them selves.

I've traded so heavily this last month 100+ titles across 10 stores that a corporate wide review would certainly catch me as well.

We shall see.

[quote name='eugaet']And another era has reached it's end. :cry:[/quote]

I forgot that I deleted the date- the letter says my account was frozen over a week ago, but I traded two days ago. The era continues... ;)

[quote name='stoned99']My guess is it is for a particular store, that was the same form letter that was sent out a couple of years ago, it's complete BS for them to target individuals as overtraders. Could you imagine GS/GC sending out such notices, their business would dry up in a heartbeat.

What we need is some media savy individuals to make this an internet issue, maybe Cheapy should include the issue in his weekly podcast as insane things corporations do to them selves.

I've traded so heavily this last month 100+ titles across 10 stores that a corporate wide review would certainly catch me as well.

We shall see.[/quote]

I don't think Kunai's trading issue is a major social concern...it does suck but I can imagine many ways around it...like getting a friend to do your trades for you. 100+ copies what kinda store credit you looking at 3000+ :)drool:)? I've done sporadic trading over the past 3-4 months and am totaling around 900 nobody has said a word to me about trading.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I don't think Kunai's trading issue is a major social concern...it does suck but I can imagine many ways around it...like getting a friend to do your trades for you. 100+ copies what kinda store credit you looking at 3000+ :)drool:)? I've done sporadic trading over the past 3-4 months and am totaling around 900 nobody has said a word to me about trading.[/QUOTE]

You need to update your sig if you have 900+ built up.

Fingers crossed for the amount of speculated goodness the blockbuster is about to release. I say it would be a much needed awakening for blockbuster since they have been mediocre at best as far as selection goes.

[quote name='nakanenui']You need to update your sig if you have 900+ built up.

Fingers crossed for the amount of speculated goodness the blockbuster is about to release. I say it would be a much needed awakening for blockbuster since they have been mediocre at best as far as selection goes.[/quote]

Currently at $395 in blockbuster/gamerush giftcards, saving up for a second PS3 :D
465 (60 gig ps3 mentioned in sig) + 395 (also mentioned)= 860 only forgot to add in the trade i made last week (extra copy of folklore) My bad didn't know forgetting to add the extra 40 was that big of a deal.

Also heck yeah, ive got GTA preordered and mario kart its nice to not have to worry about trying to try to flip it back to GS credit.

[quote name='Karuto']$15 at Target? Where do you get this information? :O[/quote]
target clearance thread. It is $30 this week at some targets, so either this monday or next monday it should go to $14.98

[quote name='stoned99']My guess is it is for a particular store, that was the same form letter that was sent out a couple of years ago, it's complete BS for them to target individuals as overtraders. Could you imagine GS/GC sending out such notices, their business would dry up in a heartbeat.

We shall see.[/quote]

If you read back through the thread you will see exactly why this happened and that it only a matter of time before Kunai got banned. If you stay within the rules and never trade in more than 2 copies of a single game you have nothing to worry about. If you trade in more than 2 copies of the same title you run the risk of having your account closed.

So when you flip clearance games from retail to Blockbuster, do you leave them sealed or open them?

I traded some sealed Simpsons 360s at various BB's and got the stink eye a couple times.

[quote name='honkymagoo']So when you flip clearance games from retail to Blockbuster, do you leave them sealed or open them?

I traded some sealed Simpsons 360s at various BB's and got the stink eye a couple times.[/quote]

I always open them.

EDIT: How much did The Simpsons trade for?

[quote name='Chitown021']I always open them.

EDIT: How much did The Simpsons trade for?[/quote]

Simpsons traded for $22. Can't believe :ps3:Genji is still getting $26 - what a stinker.

[quote name='jkanownik']If you read back through the thread you will see exactly why this happened and that it only a matter of time before Kunai got banned. If you stay within the rules and never trade in more than 2 copies of a single game you have nothing to worry about. If you trade in more than 2 copies of the same title you run the risk of having your account closed.[/quote]

Dude, was it you're intention to sound like a pompous ass!!!

Maybe if you read through the thread to 2 years ago, you'd have figured out I know what I'm talking about, and more importantly my comments were directed towards Kunai. Don't be a sanctimonious chump.

[quote name='jkanownik']If you read back through the thread you will see exactly why this happened and that it only a matter of time before Kunai got banned. If you stay within the rules and never trade in more than 2 copies of a single game you have nothing to worry about. If you trade in more than 2 copies of the same title you run the risk of having your account closed.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's all fine and dandy, but we all know that there will always people who will attempt to exploit the system. If Blockbuster spent the same amount of time researching the current market value of games and changed their trade credit values accordingly, they wouldn't have to waste time figuring out who the 'overtraders' are and send them all letters - after the fact.

They've got a bunch of idiots who are running, or not running, the company. No wonder they're going out of business.

[quote name='decrot']do you get any incentives for pre-ordering mario kart?[/QUOTE]

None, other than being able to use cheap credit and (at least in my case) having a convenient place to pick it up. There was a report that one GR store was offering a third-party wheel along with it (in addition to the one it comes with of course) but that hasn't been verified at any other stores that I know of.

TIVs 04.10.08

Overlord (360) - $28.50
CH2K8 (360) - $22.00
battlestations : Midway (360) - $15
Kameo PH and non-PH (360) - $6
Arcade Unplugged (360) - $6

By the way, I picked up 3 copies of SSBB from BB and flipped them to GS.

Breakdown is as follows...

(49.99 x 3) + tax = 162.XX in credit @ BB

35 TIV + 10% EDGE + 20% Trade in Promo for any (3) Next-Gen games = 136.50 in credit @ GS

Difference of $25 in credit. Being my ratio of cash invested to credit received is approximately 50%, out of pocket cost to pick up some GS credit is $12.50.

I'm going to use this credit to pick up some Overlord's as well as some accessories that BB does not have. Overall, I think it is worth the trouble.

Anyone opposed to starting a new thread soon and using the OP to keep track of relevant trade in values? With the wiki being problematic, it might be easier to keep an OP updated and copy them to the wiki once it's fixed.

[quote name='JJSP']Anyone opposed to starting a new thread soon and using the OP to keep track of relevant trade in values? With the wiki being problematic, it might be easier to keep an OP updated and copy them to the wiki once it's fixed.[/quote]

I am all for a new post. Something similar to the "Sears" or "KMart" clearance threads would be more beneficial, being that 30% of this thread is people asking about current TIVs rather than searching.

I would even volunteer to maintain the post if that would be helpful.

[quote name='PATWRIK']I am all for a new post. Something similar to the "Sears" or "KMart" clearance threads would be more beneficial, being that 30% of this thread is people asking about current TIVs rather than searching.

I would even volunteer to maintain the post if that would be helpful.[/quote]
/me begs CheapyD for a WikiPost feature

It should all change with CAG 2.0 - so maybe we ought to wait till that rolls out and then see what we can do.

In the mean time, if someone wants to compile a list of trade-in values from the last several pages I will paste it into the OP. No need for a new thread to do that. I'd compile the list myself but I am getting absolutely slammed by work this week. Please just use the format of the Wiki so it can be pasted easily later.

Example:

*Overlord - $28.50 - 4/10/08

Just post it in here or send it to me via a PM. Oh, and if you offer to do it say so here so we don't get too many people duplicating the effort ;).

:360: TIV
Superman Returns - $12 - 4/7/2008
Star Trek Legacy - $12 - 4/3/2008
Pimp My Ride - $12 - 4/3/2008
Naruto: Rise of a Ninja - $22 - 4/4/2008
PGR3 - $8 - 4/4/2008
Stranglehold - $25 - 4/8/2008
Conan - $22 - 4/7/2008
Rainbow Six Vegas 1 Collectors - $15 - 4/7/2008
Rainbos Six Vegas 1 - $15 - 4/8/2008
Fifa 2007 - $22 - 4/7/2008
Blue Dragon - $19 - 4/7/2008
Crackdown - $12 - 4/7/2008
Forza 2 - $15 - 4/7/2008
Halo 3 - $25 - 4/7/2008
Halo 3 Collectors - $25 - 4/7/2008
Tenchu Z - $15 - 4/7/2008
Viva Pinata - $8 - 4/7/2008
Viva Pinata Party Animals - $15 - 4/8/2008
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires - $15 - 4/7/2008
Virtua Tennis 4 - $12 - 4/7/2008
BEE Movie - $19 - 4/7/2008
NHL 2K8 - $19 - 4/7/2008
PGR4 - $19 - 4/7/2008
College Hoops 2K8 - $22 - 4/10/2008
Madden 08 - $25 - 4/10/2008
Spiderman: FoF - $15 - 4/8/2008
NCAA Football 07 - $6 - 4/8/2008
Madden 07 - $6 - 4/8/2008
Lost Planet - $12 - 4/8/2008
Halo 3 - $15 - 4/8/2008
Nascar 08 - $28.50 - 4/8/2008
NFL on Tour - $15 - 4/8/2008
History Channel: Battle for the Pacific - $28.50 - 4/8/2008
Quake 4 - $8 - 4/9/2008
All Pro Football 2k8 - $8 - 4/9/2008
Simpsons - $22 - 4/10/2008
Battlestations : Midway - $15 - 4/10/2008
Kameo PH and non-PH - $6 - 4/10/2008
Arcade Unplugged (360) - $6 - 4/10/2008

:ps3: TIV
Folklore - $33 - 4/6/2008
Jericho - $26 - 4/4/2008
GRAW2 - $23 - 4/4/2008
Genji - $26 - 4/10/2008
F1 Championship - $26 - 4/10/2008
MLB07 The Show - $20 - 4/9/2008
F.E.A.R - $26 - 4/9/2008
NBA 07 - $20 - 4/9/2008
Godfather - $16 - 4/10/2008

Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror - $16 - 4/10/2008

:wii: TIV
Bee Movie - $23 - 4/6/2008
Alien Syndrome - $13 - 4/7/2008

:DS: TIV
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin - $10 - 4/6/2008

I know this might not be the best place to ask this, but I have my reason for asking on the BB/GR thread;

How does Hollywood Video handle "Keep It Rentals"? I've been eyeing a copy of Pikmin 2 and I also have a free rental coupon to boot. Is it anything like BB/GR? Will I be charged any late fees in addition to the Keep It price? Thanks to anyone who took the time to read.:D

[quote name='whymustiregister']Stopped by GR on Saturday. By the registers there were dreamGEAR microWHEELs with signs saying something like "Ask us how to get this for free!" No surprise, it's free with the purchase of Mario Kart Wii. Price at GR for the wheel is $19.99. Probably not as nice as the official Wii Wheel, but it's free. Should be useful for multiplayer. And it does have the hole on the left side so you can still use the remote as a pointer without removing the shell.

http://www.amazon.com/DreamGear-Wii-Micro-Wheel/dp/B000TTO6NO[/quote]

Stopped by the same store on Thursday. Signage was gone. Guess the management was confused. :dunce: Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up about this promo.

On another note, I noticed a new shipment of Wii Remotes and Wii Zappers. Zappers I haven't seen since I bought mine a few months back. Wii Remotes I've never seen at this store except for as part of Wii Play (last Saturday but they are gone now, and once before a long time ago). Nice to see more Nintendo stuff coming in.

Thanks much PATWRIK. I alphabetized it and added it to the OP. I will try to maintain any changes or new additions there as necessary for the time being.

[quote name='PATWRIK']
:360: TIV
Superman Returns - $12 - 4/7/2008
Star Trek Legacy - $12 - 4/3/2008
Pimp My Ride - $12 - 4/3/2008
Naruto: Rise of a Ninja - $22 - 4/4/2008
PGR3 - $8 - 4/4/2008
Stranglehold - $25 - 4/8/2008
Conan - $22 - 4/7/2008
Rainbow Six Vegas 1 Collectors - $15 - 4/7/2008
Rainbos Six Vegas 1 - $15 - 4/8/2008
Fifa 2007 - $22 - 4/7/2008
Blue Dragon - $19 - 4/7/2008
Crackdown - $12 - 4/7/2008
Forza 2 - $15 - 4/7/2008
Halo 3 - $25 - 4/7/2008
Halo 3 Collectors - $25 - 4/7/2008
Tenchu Z - $15 - 4/7/2008
Viva Pinata - $8 - 4/7/2008
Viva Pinata Party Animals - $15 - 4/8/2008
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires - $15 - 4/7/2008
Virtua Tennis 4 - $12 - 4/7/2008
BEE Movie - $19 - 4/7/2008
NHL 2K8 - $19 - 4/7/2008
PGR4 - $19 - 4/7/2008
College Hoops 2K8 - $22 - 4/10/2008
Madden 08 - $25 - 4/10/2008
Spiderman: FoF - $15 - 4/8/2008
NCAA Football 07 - $6 - 4/8/2008
Madden 07 - $6 - 4/8/2008
Lost Planet - $12 - 4/8/2008
Halo 3 - $15 - 4/8/2008
Nascar 08 - $28.50 - 4/8/2008
History Channel: Battle for the Pacific - $28.50 - 4/8/2008
Quake 4 - $8 - 4/9/2008
Simpsons - $22 - 4/10/2008
Battlestations : Midway - $15 - 4/10/2008
Kameo PH and non-PH - $6 - 4/10/2008
Arcade Unplugged (360) - $6 - 4/10/2008

:ps3: TIV
Folklore - $33 - 4/6/2008
Jericho - $26 - 4/4/2008
GRAW2 - $23 - 4/4/2008
Genji - $26 - 4/10/2008
F1 Championship - $26 - 4/10/2008
MLB07 The Show - $20 - 4/9/2008
F.E.A.R - $26 - 4/9/2008
NBA 07 - $20 - 4/9/2008
Godfather - $16 - 4/10/2008

Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror - $16 - 4/10/2008

:wii: TIV
Bee Movie - $23 - 4/6/2008
Alien Syndrome - $13 - 4/7/2008

:DS: TIV
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin - $10 - 4/6/2008
[/quote]

Awesome effort, but Halo 3 is listed twice (not including Collectors) and at two different prices:

Halo 3 - $15 - 4/8/2008
Halo 3 - $25 - 4/7/2008

Other than that, looks good.

[quote name='sp00ge']Awesome effort, but Halo 3 is listed twice (not including Collectors) and at two different prices:

Halo 3 - $15 - 4/8/2008
Halo 3 - $25 - 4/7/2008

Other than that, looks good.[/QUOTE]

I looked back through the thread and only included what appears to be the correct one ($25) in the OP ;).

[quote name='Karuto']It's going out of business? That's news to me.[/QUOTE]

Read the fine print:

Overall, 2007 was a year of major losses. For the full fiscal year, Blockbuster reported a net loss of $85.1 million, or 45 cents a share, compared with net income of $39.2 million, or 21 cents, a year earlier. Revenue increased 0.3 percent to $5.54 billion.

They're shoveling off the failed game program, liquidating old used inventory, and betting the farm on 'exclusive' rental deals with indy films. All the while losing business to online rental companies that they have decided not to compete with. A promise for future profitability does not a future make.

The SSBB trade is just perfect, I've moved 300+ credit over to GS in the last 24 hours. It's been a little tough finding the game at my local BB's, but it's all good. I even used the amazing 28.50 Overlord trade at GC, so my credit there is about 300 as well (The good news there is I have just about trained all the clerks, so it's getting super easy).

I'm looking all the way out to December now for preorders, so I may be just about done for 2008.

I have not been able to find anything exciting for trade-in deals recently. I wish I had a Target next to me, but it looks like I won't be seeing one within a mile until Summer 2009 when they finish building one. Should be easier when I get my car (yes, I'm a college student without a car).

Hopefully we get something soon that is just as good as the Darkness/Hour of Victory trade-in deals we got before. :)

[quote name='stoned99']The SSBB trade is just perfect, I've moved 300+ credit over to GS in the last 24 hours. It's been a little tough finding the game at my local BB's, but it's all good. I even used the amazing 28.50 Overlord trade at GC, so my credit there is about 300 as well (The good news there is I have just about trained all the clerks, so it's getting super easy).

I'm looking all the way out to December now for preorders, so I may be just about done for 2008.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? GS is not giving you a hard time about trading in 3 copies of SSBB at the same time?

[quote name='sallyballs']Seriously? GS is not giving you a hard time about trading in 3 copies of SSBB at the same time?[/quote]

I'm curious about this too, I'm kind of interested in doing the switch to get a used 360 at GS.

[quote name='sallyballs']Seriously? GS is not giving you a hard time about trading in 3 copies of SSBB at the same time?[/quote]

I havent had a problem. When they ask, I tell them that me and my buddies collectively want to put our games together and get the 30% additional TIV. Then they say, "Wow, you guys are smart."

Am I the only one that doesn't think the SSBB transfer is a good deal at all?

You lose roughly $7.50 in credit per game so per 3 copies traded (as required for the bonus 20%) you're losing more than $22.50 already off the top. That's already a game.

I'm looking for ways to transfer my credit to straight cash (without having to buy a Wii), but with eBay raising their fees I'm going to be cutting it close just to break even.

[quote name='stoned99']The SSBB trade is just perfect, I've moved 300+ credit over to GS in the last 24 hours. It's been a little tough finding the game at my local BB's, but it's all good. I even used the amazing 28.50 Overlord trade at GC, so my credit there is about 300 as well (The good news there is I have just about trained all the clerks, so it's getting super easy).

I'm looking all the way out to December now for preorders, so I may be just about done for 2008.[/quote]

Stoned99,
So your the person taking all my SSBB from my local BB. Haha.

I'm in LB, west Garden Grove. Where you at? I know you go to the seal beach Target and probably the one on Katella too. Frequent the GG gamerush as well? haha.

[quote name='pogipinoy27']Am I the only one that doesn't think the SSBB transfer is a good deal at all?

You lose roughly $7.50 in credit per game so per 3 copies traded (as required for the bonus 20%) you're losing more than $22.50 already off the top. That's already a game.

I'm looking for ways to transfer my credit to straight cash (without having to buy a Wii), but with eBay raising their fees I'm going to be cutting it close just to break even.[/quote]

True, but how much did you spend for that credit? I am willing to bet 40%+ of that 22.50 is cash.

Now if you use it to buy Overlord. There's is no additional cash going into the pot Just additional BB credit profit, if you want to look it that way.

136.50 in GS / 15.XX for Overlord = 8 copies x 28.50 = 228 -162 from inital credit investment = 66 credit profit

66>22.50

I know its not much but hey.

I mainly did it to get some GS credit for stuff BB does not have.

[quote name='PATWRIK']True, but how much did you spend for that credit? I am willing to bet 40%+ of that 22.50 is cash.

Now if you use it to buy Overlord. There's is no additional cash going into the pot Just additional BB credit profit, if you want to look it that way.

136.50 in GS / 15.XX for Overlord = 8 copies x 28.50 = 228 -162 from inital credit investment = 66 credit profit

66>22.50

I know its not much but hey.

I mainly did it to get some GS credit for stuff BB does not have.[/quote]

The thing is I guess I'm a smaller trader here. I don't try to approach the levels of Kunai or anyone else who trades in 5+ copies of the good flips. I basically do two trades of each game to different stores and am pretty much content at that point. I want to be able to trade at any blockbuster without having to think twice about whether I'll get banned so yeah.

[quote name='DrNo888']I am gonna be in Anaheim first weekend of May. How hard is it to find a Wii or PS3 in a BB/GR in the area?[/quote]

PS3 40gb are pretty easy. Just need to call around.

Wii's are usually gone on their shipment day which is around Wed/Thurs. Shipments of Wii's have been pretty sporadic as well.

GL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back