The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

SPECIAL NOTE:

For those looking to transfer credit from Blockbuster to Gamestop the current extra $10 for 2 games deal at Gamestop (Wii, 360, PS3 only) provides the following options:

Game: BB price -> GS price with Edge+bonus

:360:
Beautiful Katamari: $9.99 -> $11.60
Bionicle Heroes $9.99 -> $7.20 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Bullet Witch: $9.99 -> $9.40
Cars: $9.99 -> $9.40
Chromehounds: $9.99? -> $8.30
Earth Defense Force: $9.99 -> $10.50
King Kong $9.99 -> $7.75 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Meet The Robinsons: $6.99 -> $10.50
Ninety-Nine Nights $14.99 -> $13.80
PSU $9.99 -> $10.50
Rumble Roses $9.99 -> $8.30
Spiderman 3: $9.99 -> $10.50
Spiderman Friend or Foe $12.99 -> $13.80
Table Tennis $9.99 -> $7.75
Tomb Raider Legend $9.99 -> $9.80
Top Spin 2: $9.99 -> $9.40
Virtua Tennis 3 $9.99 -> $11.60
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360) | 9.99 -> 9.40

:wii:
Alien Syndrome $9.99 -> $10.50
Meet The Robinsons $9.99 -> $11.60
Sonic Secret Rings $14.99 -> $14.90
Super Monkey Ball $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)

:ps3:
NBA Street Homecourt $14.99 -> ??
Virtua Fighter 5 $14.99 -> $13.80

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are taking preorders for Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Star Wars Force Unleashed, and possibly a few other games (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. Most still do not sell handheld systems (a few apparently sell the DS but I've never seen them there). As a result of not selling used hardware, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of your choice of new games (though, it seems, some stores have stopped taking preorders). On the other hand, some regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for a few select mega-release titles (recent examples: Halo 3, SSBB, Mario Kart, GTA IV).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

i traded in almost all the games i got from the b1g1 sale last month. each 14.99 game was 8 and each 9.99 game was 6!!!!! the girl really didnt know what she was doing and she asked if i wanted the credit put on my debit card...

[quote name='edostar44']TIV for today

Madden 07 - $8
PGR 4 - $15
Both for 360

Does anybody know if BB sells PSP's. I went to 4 today and none of them had PSP's 2 were regular BB's and 2 were GR's.[/quote]

I would like to pick up another psp also. I'll keep an eye out for them

[quote name='monkeydeew']i traded in almost all the games i got from the b1g1 sale last month. each 14.99 game was 8 and each 9.99 game was 6!!!!! the girl really didnt know what she was doing and she asked if i wanted the credit put on my debit card...[/quote]

Rofl, i hope you said yes.

[quote name='gunstar808']Quick question for those who traded in Eye of Judgement - did you get questioned at all about the camera? I called two local locations, and both said I need to bring in the camera.

And just a general comment. My store has tons of copies of all the good/recent GS flipping titles. HoV, History Channel, Darkness etc. Must be a lot of lurkers in the thread imo. Where the Hawaii CAGs at???[/QUOTE]
Umm, I traded one to Hawaii Kai and they did not ask for the camera.

If you're trading at Ala Moana or Kahala, I've done some flipping there. I think Ala Moana is catching on though. The managers are checking if you've traded in a title more than twice. I'm sure there are others.

[quote name='edostar44']TIV for today

Madden 07 - $8
PGR 4 - $15
Both for 360

Does anybody know if BB sells PSP's. I went to 4 today and none of them had PSP's 2 were regular BB's and 2 were GR's.[/quote]

From what I have heard, they did carry PSP's at one time. The next time I would suspect them to carry PSP's is with the GoW bundle pack.

[quote name='pogipinoy27']2 of the BBs said that they had copies but only had enough to cover their pre orders. The other store didn't even get their shipment in. Needless to say I'll try back later this week. How long do pre orders last anyway? I heard that EB games will only hold your pre order for 24 hours.[/quote]

Seems like they hold them forever. When I was picking up multiple copies of SSBB this past week, the associate at a BB could only give me one, when I wanted six. I was at that same store the night before and the manager teased me since I was only buying one copy. I said I could always come back. Anyway she said they still had a bunch more but they were all preorders so she couldn't sell them to me. She specifically said that they aren't like GS. If I recall correctly, she used to work at GS.

A franchise store over here still has an original PSP for $200.

And the BB I pre-ordered MKW at didn't get their shipment; I found out at 12:05 AM after getting out of work Saturday night. I ordered GTAIV at a different one -- but with school, those two games are the last things I need right now.

Do you think BB Corporate is doing anything for botched pre-orders?

[quote name='PATWRIK']From what I have heard, they did carry PSP's at one time. The next time I would suspect them to carry PSP's is with the GoW bundle pack.[/quote]

2 weeks ago I visited a GR that's out of my usual area. The associate was really helpful so I happened to ask about a :psp:. She looked it up in the computer and found that they had one in stock. She dug around in the back and brought out one of the old bundles with the fat :psp:, 1GB Memory Stick, Lords of Dogtown, and ATV Offroad Fury: Blazin' Trails (according to Google). Was still priced at $229.99. I politely said thanks, but no thanks.

I've been seeing more :psp: games lately at GR, so I guess it's entirely possible that they'll stock the systems again. Too bad I've finally decided not to get one...

About PSPs: Gamerush's get them, just not often. We had two of the Star Wars Slim PSP packs for a long, long time. About the only time it seems we get new ones is when Sony releases a new bundle. We get PSP's traded in on a fairly regular basis at my store though.

So the best chance to find a PSP is in the weeks immediately following the release of a new PSP bundle.

Just in general info, we rent PSP games by far the least of any system. But we don't stock most of the good PSP games so who knows.

Oh we have new PS3 bundles if anyone cares. 40Gb, HDMI cable, Blu-Ray Remote, the pack in Spiderman 3, Transformers PS3 game and the 12 week rental card for $500. I checked the game, I forgot to write it down but I believe it traded in for $16. So like $484 if you flip the game. For you mega flippers this might be a decent deal.

[quote name='Draknight']No don't get fooled they don't need the camera to trade in Eye of Judgement.[/QUOTE]

I got called out for trying to trade it in without the accessories, but since it had already been processed, she couldn't reverse it.

Do they need it? No, they can technically accept the trade without it. Can they demand it as a part of the trade, considering there's a portion of the cover that boldly proclaims "includes camera"? Yes, they can.

No store is obligated to accept any gameas a trade-in. And this actually is a pretty good reason to deny the trade from the store's perspective.

[quote name='Halo3Champ']I need to find 3 or 4 solid trades from a gamestop that would net me enough for gta4. Thanks for any advice.[/QUOTE]

You might be able to save $25 or so if you stack edge card w/ the 10% off coupon (does those still exist?) to get Fatal Inertia...I'm not sure what the TIV of that one is, and it might be hard to find used.

[quote name='freshzen']You might be able to save $25 or so if you stack edge card w/ the 10% off coupon (does those still exist?) to get Fatal Inertia...I'm not sure what the TIV of that one is, and it might be hard to find used.[/QUOTE]

Fatal Inertia was still $35 TIV as of yesterday. Should hold till tommarrow atleast

Side note I finally found a wii after a couple weeks of searching. yay :D

I know, call.

Any idea on TIV for Orange Box (360)? Considering PM'ing the value at GameCrazy to cover GTA4 to get the faceplate instead of the art print.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']A franchise store over here still has an original PSP for $200.

And the BB I pre-ordered MKW at didn't get their shipment; I found out at 12:05 AM after getting out of work Saturday night. I ordered GTAIV at a different one -- but with school, those two games are the last things I need right now.

Do you think BB Corporate is doing anything for botched pre-orders?[/quote]Heh. Weren't you around the GR thread back in its hey-day? Their response to hosed preorders is to make it a big hassle to cancel, even if they'll never get it in.

[quote name='Halo3Champ']Anyone know what the trade in value is on sega superstar tennis?[/QUOTE]

$30-ish, depending on the version. Low side $28.50 (360), high side $30 (Wii/PS3), I believe.

[quote name='JJSP']$30-ish, depending on the version. Low side $28.50 (360), high side $30 (Wii/PS3), I believe.[/quote]

So fatal inertia = 35 and sega superstar tennis = 30 = 65
Cool now i need to go find them at gamestop used and with coupons.

Anyone know if any coupons are available?

[quote name='Halo3Champ']So fatal inertia = 35 and sega superstar tennis = 30 = 65
Cool now i need to go find them at gamestop used and with coupons.

Anyone know if any coupons are available?[/quote]

Right now you can use the 10% off e-mail coupon and your 10% edge card. Good luck finding used copies of either of those games, they are semi-rare.

traded:

Sega Superstar Tennis (Wii) = $30 - bought at EBGames
Naurto: Rise of the Ninja (360) = $22 - bought at Target

Paid $33 for them total. Basically got Mario Kart for free. The SST flip is a pretty good one it seems.

I saw a few other games on clearance at Target, but they were still like $41.98. When do they drop to the lower price?

[quote name='AK50']Fatal Inertia was still $35 TIV as of yesterday. Should hold till tommarrow atleast

Side note I finally found a wii after a couple weeks of searching. yay :D[/quote]

I'm still sore that someone had this game pulled and held last week, I wonder if they ever picked it up, I may check tonight as this store also has a nice GS --> GS Flippable item :)

Does Blockbuster have Mario Kart in stock for non-preorders? This might be the cheapest way to obtain the game, and I have games to trade.

[quote name='imacgod']Does Blockbuster have Mario Kart in stock for non-preorders? This might be the cheapest way to obtain the game, and I have games to trade.[/QUOTE]

That's gonna depend heavily on how many people pre-ordered it at your local store(s). Just give them a call.

My GR had no spare copies, I was planning on flipping them back to GS (at my new fav +50% store Broadway / Magnolia in Stanton, OC), It's getting hard to flip SSSB, especially due to the large number I've already bought and the lack of new stock. This store also has a +20% off used games coupon that they gave me, which I used to buy back my own copy of SSSB for 30$ (Including my edge discount).

Well, I just had an interesting phone call with my girlfriend. I come to find out that she pre-ordered the Collector's Edition for me (she never told me about it because she wanted to surprise me because she knew that the store closest to me wasn't getting the Collector's Edition) at another BB near me even though I had a regular edition ordered at the store closest to me. But she only put 5 bucks on the Collector's Edition so she is going to cancel my regular edition at the one store (Bought it with credit on my account) then transfer the credit to the Collector's Edition and add some other store credit I have on a Value Card to pay the difference.

[quote name='Halo3Champ']Is blockbuster giving anything special for GTA4 pre-order?[/quote]
Alright, this is getting ridiculous. There's at least 5 threads devoted to GTA4 preorders.

It's a free framed art print of Niko in front of a bridge. That said, it's probably too late to preorder.

Remember, people, we have a bunch of fairly current trade-in values in the OP now - please check there before asking. I just made an update to it (let me know if I missed anything).

Thought it might be worth a mention that if you try to go to the Games section of blockbuster's website, it says to "sit tight" because they are redoing it.

I wonder what's coming.

[quote name='JJSP']Alright, this is getting ridiculous. There's at least 5 threads devoted to GTA4 preorders.

It's a free framed art print of Niko in front of a bridge. That said, it's probably too late to preorder.[/quote]

Mine sounded like there was a lot of stuff being given out...Ill post back if I get anything out of the ordinary (shirt, maybe?)

[quote name='DefinedByClass13']It's hard trying to find those used copies of SST.[/quote]

im having the same problem...there be no copies in my area...the GS with copies are miles away...bouts to pick up my copy of gta4 special edition for the 360 tomorrow...but since my 360 be rrod'd rite now...im gonna rent a copy for my ps3...

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Thought it might be worth a mention that if you try to go to the Games section of blockbuster's website, it says to "sit tight" because they are redoing it.

I wonder what's coming.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... could be interesting. Maybe we'll even be able to spend our value cards online to order games! wishful thinking, I know.

[quote name='mkernan']Hmm... could be interesting. Maybe we'll even be able to spend our value cards online to order games! wishful thinking, I know.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe they'll have a gamefly type renting system. That would definitely be interesting on its own. Seems BB/GR is focusing a lot on games recently.

I think it would be a brilliant idea of blockbuster had their own version of the edge card. Or bundle it with their current game pass thingy or whatever. getting 10% extra on trades at BB would be wonderful.

[quote name='pogipinoy27']getting 10% extra on trades at BB would be wonderful.[/quote]

The last kunai in the ninja coffin.

[quote name='Fuzi0n']Lame, just found out my BB/GR wont be open at midnight tonight :cry:.[/QUOTE]

Spent real money tonight and return the copy you get from BB/GR tomorrow/when you have time.

[quote name='ghozt']im thinking our days of cheap credit will be over once they get deeper into the game business.[/quote]

:cry: Lets all stock up on credit.

[quote name='Ragekod']Blockbuster on Victory and tampa will be opened at midnight for GTAIV, and they have 30 extra copies if you haven't pre-ordered.[/quote]

Bitch don't touch my store!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back