The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

SPECIAL NOTE:

For those looking to transfer credit from Blockbuster to Gamestop the current extra $10 for 2 games deal at Gamestop (Wii, 360, PS3 only) provides the following options:

Game: BB price -> GS price with Edge+bonus

:360:
Beautiful Katamari: $9.99 -> $11.60
Bionicle Heroes $9.99 -> $7.20 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Bullet Witch: $9.99 -> $9.40
Cars: $9.99 -> $9.40
Chromehounds: $9.99? -> $8.30
Earth Defense Force: $9.99 -> $10.50
King Kong $9.99 -> $7.75 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Meet The Robinsons: $6.99 -> $10.50
Ninety-Nine Nights $14.99 -> $13.80
PSU $9.99 -> $10.50
Rumble Roses $9.99 -> $8.30
Spiderman 3: $9.99 -> $10.50
Spiderman Friend or Foe $12.99 -> $13.80
Table Tennis $9.99 -> $7.75
Tomb Raider Legend $9.99 -> $9.80
Top Spin 2: $9.99 -> $9.40
Virtua Tennis 3 $9.99 -> $11.60
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360) | 9.99 -> 9.40

:wii:
Alien Syndrome $9.99 -> $10.50
Meet The Robinsons $9.99 -> $11.60
Sonic Secret Rings $14.99 -> $14.90
Super Monkey Ball $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)

:ps3:
NBA Street Homecourt $14.99 -> ??
Virtua Fighter 5 $14.99 -> $13.80

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are taking preorders for Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Star Wars Force Unleashed, and possibly a few other games (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. Most still do not sell handheld systems (a few apparently sell the DS but I've never seen them there). As a result of not selling used hardware, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of your choice of new games (though, it seems, some stores have stopped taking preorders). On the other hand, some regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for a few select mega-release titles (recent examples: Halo 3, SSBB, Mario Kart, GTA IV).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

Got 2 copies of NBA '08 and a copy of Tony Hawk's Proving Ground at Target for 14.98 and 12.48. Used the $5 off coupon, too. Flipped the games at Blockbuster and received $23 for THPG and $33 each for NBA '08. Now I have about $90 of credit...twice as much as I had originally spent...
:applause::lol::applause:

[quote name='asthmatic']fake covers? was this, by any chance, for forza and ultimate marvel? You can thank your fellow CAGs for that[/QUOTE]

I stole the covers for those when I traded them in.:twoguns:

I have started with Xbox 360 Titles. I got through to the G's. I will continue to work on this with the goal of finishing the 360's by the end of next weekends and PS3 the week after that. Then on to the Wii's.

Notes: "The" is not included in alphabetical order (i.e. The Darkness is categorized as a D). This goes for all blockbuster stores. Prices are effective May 18th and could change anytime. DNT = Do Not Trade, Blockbuster has an abundance of these titles and will not buy them back at this time.

Ace Combat 6 Fires of Liberation 35 All Pro 2k8 8 Armored Core 4 8 Army of Two 35 Assassins Creed 22 Avatar 12 Battlefield Modern Combat 12 Battlestations Midway 15 Beautiful Katamari 8 Bee Movie 19 The Bigs 12 Bionicle Heroes 8 Bioshock 15 Blacksite Area 51 22 Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII 15 Blazing Angels 2 8 Blitz The League 15 Blue Dragon 15 Bomberman Act Zero 6 Bullet Witch 6 Bully Scholarship Edition 28.5 Burnout Paradise 32 Burnout Revenge 15 Cabela's Big Game Hunter 22 Cabela's Alakaskan Adventure 12 Call of Duty 2 8 Call of Duty 3 8 Call of Duty 4 35 Call of Juarez 8 Cars 8 Cars Maternational 15 Chromehounds 6 Clive Barker's Jericho 22 The Club 25 College Hoops 2k6 2 College Hoops 2k7 12 College Hoops 2k8 15 Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars 15 Conan 12 Condemned 12 Condemned 2 Bloodshot 35 Conflict Denied Ops 28.5 Crackdown 12 Crash of the Titans 15 Culdcept Saga 22 Dark Messiah Might and Magic 15 Dark Sector 35 The Darkness 8 Dead or Alive 4 12 Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 8 Dead Rising 15 Def Jam Icon 12 Devil May Cry 4 32 Devil May Cry 4 Collectors Edition 35 Dirt 15 Disney's Meet the Robinsons 6 Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean 3 6 Dream Pinball 22 Dynasty Warriors 5 15 Dynasty Warriors 6 35 Earth Defense Force 2017
Elder Scrolls Oblivion 15 Elder Scrolls Oblivion Game of the Year Edition 35 Elder Scrolls Oblivion Collectors Edition 15 Enchanted Arms 8 Eragon 6 Eternal Sonata 22 Fear 12 Fear Files 15 Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer 6 Far Cry Instincts Predator 8 Fifa 06 6 Fifa 07 22 Fifa 08 28.5 Fight Night Round 3 12 Final Fantasy XI DNT Flatout UC 8 Forza 2 15 Frontlines Fuel of War 35 Full Auto 8 Fuzion Frenzy 2 8 Gears of War 25 Gears of War Collectors Edition 25 Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 15 The Godfather Game 12 Golden Compass 12 Grand Theft Auto 4 35 Grand Theft Auto 4 Special Edition 35 Grid DNT Gun 12

HOW DO I MAKE A NEW LINE AFTER EACH TITLE ???

Traded at Gamestop today and got ripped off so decided to check Blockbuster. I had already traded but

5/18/08
:360: Cars Family Hits Edition 8.00
:360: NHL 2K8 15.00

[quote name='sethg21']I have started with Xbox 360 Titles. I got through to the G's. I will continue to work on this with the goal of finishing the 360's by the end of next weekends and PS3 the week after that. Then on to the Wii's.

Notes: "The" is not included in alphabetical order (i.e. The Darkness is categorized as a D). This goes for all blockbuster stores. Prices are effective May 18th and could change anytime. DNT = Do Not Trade, Blockbuster has an abundance of these titles and will not buy them back at this time.
  • Ace Combat 6 Fires of Liberation 35
  • All Pro 2k8 8
  • Armored Core 4 8
  • Army of Two 35
  • Assassins Creed 22
  • Battlefield Modern Combat 12
  • Battlestations Midway 15
  • Beautiful Katamari 8
  • Bee Movie 19
  • The Bigs 12
  • Bionicle Heroes 8
  • Bioshock 15
  • Blacksite Area 51 22
  • Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII 15
  • Blazing Angels 2 8
  • Blitz The League 15
  • Blue Dragon 15
  • Bomberman Act Zero 6
  • Bullet Witch 6
  • Bully Scholarship Edition 28.5
  • Burnout Paradise 32
  • Burnout Revenge 15
  • Cabela's Big Game Hunter 22
  • Cabela's Alakaskan Adventure 12
  • Call of Duty 2 8
  • Call of Duty 3 8
  • Call of Duty 4 35
  • Call of Juarez 8
  • Cars 8
  • Cars Maternational 15
  • Chromehounds 6
  • Clive Barker's Jericho 22
  • The Club 25
  • College Hoops 2k6 2
  • College Hoops 2k7 12
  • College Hoops 2k8 15
  • Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars 15
  • Conan 12
  • Condemned 12
  • Condemned 2 Bloodshot 35
  • Conflict Denied Ops 28.5
  • Crackdown 12
  • Crash of the Titans 15
  • Culdcept Saga 22
  • Dark Messiah Might and Magic 15
  • Dark Sector 35
  • The Darkness 8
  • Dead or Alive 4 12
  • Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 8
  • Dead Rising 15
  • Def Jam Icon 12
  • Devil May Cry 4 32
  • Devil May Cry 4 Collectors Edition 35
  • Dirt 15
  • Disney's Meet the Robinsons 6
  • Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean 3 6
  • Dream Pinball 22
  • Dynasty Warriors 5 15
  • Dynasty Warriors 6 35
  • Earth Defense Force 2017 6
  • Elder Scrolls Oblivion 15
  • Elder Scrolls Oblivion Game of the Year Edition 35
  • Elder Scrolls Oblivion Collectors Edition 15
  • Enchanted Arms 8
  • Eragon 6
  • Eternal Sonata 22
  • Fear 12
  • Fear Files 15
  • Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer 6
  • Far Cry Instincts Predator 8
  • Fifa 06 6
  • Fifa 07 22
  • Fifa 08 28.5
  • Fight Night Round 3 12
  • Final Fantasy XI DNT
  • Flatout UC 8
  • Forza 2 15
  • Frontlines Fuel of War 35
  • Full Auto 8
  • Fuzion Frenzy 2 8
  • Gears of War 25
  • Gears of War Collectors Edition 25
  • Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 15
  • The Godfather Game 12
  • Golden Compass 12
  • Grand Theft Auto 4 35
  • Grand Theft Auto 4 Special Edition 35
  • Grid DNT
  • Gun 12
HOW DO I MAKE A NEW LINE AFTER EACH TITLE ???[/quote]

Fixed

[quote name='sethg21']
HOW DO I MAKE A NEW LINE AFTER EACH TITLE ???[/QUOTE]

Just press the Enter key my good man at end of each title.

Well, dammit, I thought I'd give the Wiki editing another chance with all the TIVs sethg posted. I was able to update a few but I kept doing small bits and then saving changes in case it failed on me. Sure enough, as soon as I got comfortable with it and tried to put in a big chunk of values, I got the "session data" error. :bomb:

Edit - YAY! I got the prices to post by using a different computer. This will be inconvenient but I can deal ;). I'll try to add the rest from the OP and then go back to Wiki-only for TIVs.
So, anyway, I got the A's and B's in and that's it.

By the way, for anyone posting values, if you want to make it Wiki friendly please enter them as below. The * is necessary to indicate a newline. And we always need the date appended. I formatted the rest of sethg's list for the Wiki and saved it in a file - I'll keep trying to add it. If I can figure out how to get the wiki to work again I'll remove the values from the OP again.

Also, sethg, please be careful as I was making wholesale substitutions with your prices over the old ones but then noticed you didn't have Amped 3 or Guitar Hero 3 quotes (which we already had in the wiki though they are old). Otherwise, thanks a TON for the prices - we'll figure out a way to display them all either in the Wiki or the OP of this thread (though I'd like to avoid that if it includes everything).

Sample for how to pist value (this goes for ANYONE who posts):

*Call of Juarez - $8 - 5/18/08
*Cars - $8 - 5/18/08
*Cars Maternational - $15 - 5/18/08
*Chromehounds - $6 - 5/18/08
*Clive Barker's Jericho - $22 - 5/18/08

[quote name='DrNo888']No Fatal Inertia?[/QUOTE]

Ah, see, there's another ;).

I'll have to be caeful when making updates I guess.

Anyway, I just added all the prices from the OP into the Wiki so we'll go back to that again! I'll comb through the last few pages to add things that might be missing...

traded some stuff in and saw some star wars bobble heads that look kinda cool. i bought darth vader and a storm trooper for 9.99 each.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Thanks for the hard work sethg21[/quote]

np guys, that's cool you're going to update the wiki io

i'll keep it in that format from now on i didn't know how to post a large list like that... i have the entire list in excel format so i pasted from that

i missed fatal inertia i thought it wasn't out yet my mistake... i'm in again on thursday and i'll finish off the 360 games

[quote name='ghozt']traded some stuff in and saw some star wars bobble heads that look kinda cool. i bought darth vader and a storm trooper for 9.99 each.[/quote]

Yes we have Jawa, Vader, Storm Trooper, Yoda, and Bounty Hunter ( NO EWOK!?!) bobbleheads for $9.99 each. They are well made.

New Wii Wheels for 9.99ea ( But they are 3 for 12.99 at gamecrazy )

We also have boxes of framed art for GTA IV that i've been giving away for free to anyone who asks for it or looks cool or buys/rents the game

OK I HAVE A QUESTIOn, i just bought a ps3 80gb /w 2 wireless controllers and 8 games. I bought it for 480. i want to sell it and make money form it should i trade the games in at blockbuster or should i try to sell it on ebay or here? whats the best way for profit?

the games are, Juiced 2, Simpsons, Stranglehold, GRand theft auto limited edition,
need for speed pro, def jam icon, rainbow six , madden 08

[quote name='io']Well, dammit, I thought I'd give the Wiki editing another chance with all the TIVs sethg posted. I was able to update a few but I kept doing small bits and then saving changes in case it failed on me. Sure enough, as soon as I got comfortable with it and tried to put in a big chunk of values, I got the "session data" error. :bomb:

Edit - YAY! I got the prices to post by using a different computer. This will be inconvenient but I can deal ;). I'll try to add the rest from the OP and then go back to Wiki-only for TIVs.
So, anyway, I got the A's and B's in and that's it.

By the way, for anyone posting values, if you want to make it Wiki friendly please enter them as below. The * is necessary to indicate a newline. And we always need the date appended. I formatted the rest of sethg's list for the Wiki and saved it in a file - I'll keep trying to add it. If I can figure out how to get the wiki to work again I'll remove the values from the OP again.

Also, sethg, please be careful as I was making wholesale substitutions with your prices over the old ones but then noticed you didn't have Amped 3 or Guitar Hero 3 quotes (which we already had in the wiki though they are old). Otherwise, thanks a TON for the prices - we'll figure out a way to display them all either in the Wiki or the OP of this thread (though I'd like to avoid that if it includes everything).

Sample for how to pist value (this goes for ANYONE who posts):

*Call of Juarez - $8 - 5/18/08
*Cars - $8 - 5/18/08
*Cars Maternational - $15 - 5/18/08
*Chromehounds - $6 - 5/18/08
*Clive Barker's Jericho - $22 - 5/18/08[/quote]

One minor point, but TIV should also include the platform, I know it's obvious, but ppl might follow you're instructions to the letter !!

if you PM me ones i have missed, i will make note of it and grab them on thursday

i didn't touch the guitar heroes because there were so many different ones in inventory i didn't know which ones to do

i have also updated my excel sheet to include the proper format for the next post

[quote name='ShaJay']OK I HAVE A QUESTIOn, i just bought a ps3 80gb /w 2 wireless controllers and 8 games. I bought it for 480. i want to sell it and make money form it should i trade the games in at blockbuster or should i try to sell it on ebay or here? whats the best way for profit?

the games are, Juiced 2, Simpsons, Stranglehold, GRand theft auto limited edition,
need for speed pro, def jam icon, rainbow six , madden 08[/QUOTE]

You will only get STORE credit, so that is not exactly making money. Plus, those games will not net you THAT much each....GTA would get you the most (assuming it is GTA IV)

[quote name='stoned99']One minor point, but TIV should also include the platform, I know it's obvious, but ppl might follow you're instructions to the letter !![/QUOTE]

Oh, yeah, I guess I should have said that as it is sometimes an issue (though not with sethg's posts of course since he's doing it system-by-system).

[quote name='sethg21']
i have also updated my excel sheet to include the proper format for the next post[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I appreciate it especially as I have to do the Wiki updating on the other computer, apparently, for it to work.

just got my dualshock3 controller by trading-in NBA08 and ncaa march madness 08 for a whooping $63. I was suprised by getting those 2 at target. Still left a single copy of march madness.

[quote name='cheapskate01']just got my dualshock3 controller by trading-in NBA08 and ncaa march madness 08 for a whooping $63. I was suprised by getting those 2 at target. Still left a single copy of march madness.[/quote]

How much were those at Target?

[quote name='jiggyteddy']How much were those at Target?[/quote]

Lowest prices reported are $14.98 for NBA 08 and $12.48 for NCAA MM 08. YMMV.

Picked up today, after checking 3 different target locations

Monster Madness $9.98 - Free
2x Cars 13.98 - 3.98ea = $8
1x Cars 9.98 - Free

Traded in at Blockbuster for $30 store credit after an $8 cost

The targets I went to also had (total between all 3) probably 6 or 7 copies of Forza 2 for $19.98 which would have been 9.98 after coupon. But they only trade for $15 so after tax would be nothing special.

I printed out the coupons 9 to a page wallet size in color, and cut them out in squares leaving edges by the barcode and they scanned gloriously with the gun everytime.

Was hoping to find more NHL 2k8's since they trade for $15 and had an after coupon cost of 5 but could not locate any.

Scored at Target. 3 x PS3 March Madness $12.48 , and 2 PS3 NBA 08 $14.98.
Already traded 2 of each to two different stores.
Paypal funds drying up, hope to get some WiiFits this week to flip.

Simpsons PS3 only got 16, paid $10 at target after coupons, not a great flip but the others made up for it.
Wallet is bursting with credit again.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Anyone know what Genji gets these days? I looked in the wiki and pretty sure its not $26 anymore, I would call but I'm in my schools library.[/QUOTE]

No, it's not - I just don't remember exactly what it is - $17 maybe? I had called them about it right back when it was still $26 and found out it dropped right after I got one at Target. I think I still have it around here somewhere :lol:.

Edit - OK, I knew I had posted about it and sure enough a quick "Search This Thread" came up with this post:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4294782&highlight=genji#post4294782

It's worse than I thought - $13 (and that was on April 30th).

Thanks io, looks like im just gonna get 2 nba'08s and drop em off at two different BBs, gotta have the credit for MGS4 when it arrives!

Also, NONE of the stores near me are or have ever taken reservations on wiifit, looks like I am gonna be out with the masses trying to get it in the morning.

I'm heading out to a couple of Targets later. I'll have to keep an eye out for NBA 08. I've seen that at 6-7 Targets (since I was in VA and MD last week I've been to quite a few ;)) and NOWHERE was it less than $29.98. Maybe today it finally dropped around here.

Noticed at one of the Blockbusters today they had a huge sign up saying they give the most trade in value for games and DVD's.
Not sure if there are any movies worth flipping but I thought it was a recent developement that they are taking in movies again.

Is NBA08 still fetching $33 today? I found a few at my Target.. i have been away from BB/GR arbitrage
thread for awhile.... and might do it for the PS3 'one last time' ;)

What's the best strategy for trade in, should I be thick faced and bring 2 copies of NBA08 to the store? Will they give me trouble for doing so? Thank you

[quote name='stone1061']Noticed at one of the Blockbusters today they had a huge sign up saying they give the most trade in value for games and DVD's.
Not sure if there are any movies worth flipping but I thought it was a recent developement that they are taking in movies again.[/quote]

Yeah BB has always accepted trade in movies, however if it's over a year old chances are they won't even buy it back.

Titles between 6-12 months old trade back for 1-3 bucks.

If it has come out in the past month or so you will get about 7 bucks.

This is not true in all instances, but as a general guideline of what to expect from movie trading at blockbuster. People come in with stacks of movies all the time. Just the other day someone got $1 for the movie 300 and other movies released around that time. Another kid had a stack of movies released in 2005 and we wouldn't even buy any of them back.

I got 2.50ea for The Kingdom and Hot Rod on sunday. LOL

[quote name='racthamp']Is NBA08 still fetching $33 today? I found a few at my Target.. i have been away from BB/GR arbitrage
thread for awhile.... and might do it for the PS3 'one last time' ;)

What's the best strategy for trade in, should I be thick faced and bring 2 copies of NBA08 to the store? Will they give me trouble for doing so? Thank you[/quote]

There is no rule I am aware of that BB does not accept multiple of the same item per customer. I do it without question.

There is a system cap to how many we are allowed to have in inventory, that is all.

So if someone gives you crap, it is not up to them it is up to the computer. Tell them you don't care about their minimum wage opinion and to do their job and scan the game or you'll call and report them to their district manager at the number posted on the front door.

Well the good old days are back for me.

The SM for a local store has been the temporary DM recently- I stopped by his store and apparently he realized just how much I help the company by preordering dozens of games (he talked with my favorite store and discovered I preordered 10+ copies of Smash and GTA4). Nice enough, he actually had a different store hold two Wiis for me. I picked those up (for sale at $250 + shipping or local meet if you're interested- just PM me).

It's all good~

Just did 4 copies of NBA 08 after they finally dropped to $14.98.
Did 2 copies each at two locations. In and out in 2 mins.

Happy Dump Day!

My god.. i thought my day of BB/GR trading are over.. I'll just keep the credit for later dates when PS3 (hopefully) further drop in price then :)... now the hard part..trying not to lose the BB card :)

I just called one of my local BB regarding to the availability of 80G MGS4 bundle, the guy said he saw the bundle in the sysem, but he is not positive that he will have those in since it is not on order.

So does anybody knows if BB will indeed have it for sale? I've been waiting for this so that i can finally use up all my BB trade in credits.

Picked up 3 Orange Box (PS3) and 9 NBA 08 (PS3) from several targets for $14.98 each.

Also used 5 of 25 coupon. Also found (360) harry potter and the order of the phoenix for

$4.98 after the 10 dollar off coupon which flipped for $15.

Crazy thing though... one of the nba 08's was slightly opened and when i fully unwrapped it the game was gone. Luckily I was able to return it.

[quote name='evilsuperman33']Any idea what Splinter Cell double Agent gets for the ps3 for trade in value and also Ncaa Football 2008?[/quote]

NCAA Football 08 (PS3) is $13 TIV (traded-in one today)

Also, traded in:

Uncharted - $36
Beowulf - $9
Stranglehold CE - $36

For those keeping track of this, a GR I went to had a big sign on the window stating that they now rent and sell DS games. I thought they did before, but maybe they only sold them before. Left my license at home so I couldn't trade in OB, NBA 08, NCAA MM 08 or Arctic Tale. Here's hoping they don't drop tomorrow or I'll be kicking myself.

[quote name='CaoPi']I know dump days or Tues. But how often do TIV's at blockbuster lower is it by every wk 2 weeks or?[/quote]

They update every Tuesday.

:ps3: NBA 08 was $33 today, and the used price is still at $49.99. I don't see this dropping tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back