The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

SPECIAL NOTE:

For those looking to transfer credit from Blockbuster to Gamestop the current extra $10 for 2 games deal at Gamestop (Wii, 360, PS3 only) provides the following options:

Game: BB price -> GS price with Edge+bonus

:360:
Beautiful Katamari: $9.99 -> $11.60
Bionicle Heroes $9.99 -> $7.20 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Bullet Witch: $9.99 -> $9.40
Cars: $9.99 -> $9.40
Chromehounds: $9.99? -> $8.30
Earth Defense Force: $9.99 -> $10.50
King Kong $9.99 -> $7.75 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Meet The Robinsons: $6.99 -> $10.50
Ninety-Nine Nights $14.99 -> $13.80
PSU $9.99 -> $10.50
Rumble Roses $9.99 -> $8.30
Spiderman 3: $9.99 -> $10.50
Spiderman Friend or Foe $12.99 -> $13.80
Table Tennis $9.99 -> $7.75
Tomb Raider Legend $9.99 -> $9.80
Top Spin 2: $9.99 -> $9.40
Virtua Tennis 3 $9.99 -> $11.60
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360) | 9.99 -> 9.40

:wii:
Alien Syndrome $9.99 -> $10.50
Meet The Robinsons $9.99 -> $11.60
Sonic Secret Rings $14.99 -> $14.90
Super Monkey Ball $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)

:ps3:
NBA Street Homecourt $14.99 -> ??
Virtua Fighter 5 $14.99 -> $13.80

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are taking preorders for Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Star Wars Force Unleashed, and possibly a few other games (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. Most still do not sell handheld systems (a few apparently sell the DS but I've never seen them there). As a result of not selling used hardware, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of your choice of new games (though, it seems, some stores have stopped taking preorders). On the other hand, some regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for a few select mega-release titles (recent examples: Halo 3, SSBB, Mario Kart, GTA IV).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

Yes he is talking about getting banned from BBGR. There are many people who see the potential, ignore our advice, and get banned. If you do get banned, please, for the love of god, don't come here whining about it.

My BBGR got in 6x Wii Fit on Thurs and I think they've got another shipment coming next week. I doubt scalping will last much longer.

TIV Friday 5/23

Xbox 360 - Guitar Hero 3 - Game Only: $32

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']Im assuming you are talking about banned from BB/GR not here?

I agree with your post. And I will definitley get it all sorted out. This isnt my first rodeo ;) Just the first time Ive used BB/GR.[/quote]
Yeah, I meant Blockbuster banning.

Finally decided i NEED the Indiana Jones Fedora, and no blockbusters around me have it anymore. May be going on road trip on my way to work Monday night.

[quote name='nlyonssmith']Yes he is talking about getting banned from BBGR. There are many people who see the potential, ignore our advice, and get banned. If you do get banned, please, for the love of god, don't come here whining about it.

My BBGR got in 6x Wii Fit on Thurs and I think they've got another shipment coming next week. I doubt scalping will last much longer.

TIV Friday 5/23

Xbox 360 - Guitar Hero 3 - Game Only: $32[/quote]

Yeah...well I wouldnt ask questions if I wasnt going to listen to the answers ;)

Advice taken and I will be slow with it. Even if its just one of each game thats still more than doubling the money I spent from $25 to $66.

Just stopped by to let everyone know I haven't traded games in the past 3 weeks so in turn haven't been in a blockbuster other than Wednesday the 21st to pickup my 3 preorders of wii-fit. I preordered at a random blockbuster I hadn't traded games in months ago and hadn't been back. GO in to pick up my wii-fit's and some guy keeps saying they aren't in the system yet so I have to come back. I end up coming back about 7 and some teenager is working. He looks up my account and then starts reading something. He scans the wii-fit and then i ask him what about the other 2 I preordered and he says it looks like the manager put something on your account saying that you can only buy 1 and your gonna have to talk to him about the other 2 preorders because HE IS STILL TRYING TO FIND BUYERS FOR MY FAKE GAMES...I got my preorder money back and left. What a piece of shit, those games work find the cover art was all that was copied. Anyways see ya later.

I'm moving soon, and I'm curious to find out if the area I'm moving has a Gamerush, problem is I can't get the file on their website to work. Does anyone know if Buffalo, NY has one available for me?

[quote name='GoVols']I wanted to help you clean this thread up. Here are some trade values neatly compiled. Please feel free to edit/add/delete.

PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 - $33
PS3 NCAA March Madness - $30
PS3 Orange Box - $30
PS3 Lair - $20
PS3 Simpsons - $16
PS3 Ghost Recon 2 - $16

PS3 Splinter Cell : Double Agent $16
PS3 College Hoops 07 - $13
PS3 Def Jam - $13

PS3 NBA Street Homecourt - $13
PS3 NCAA 08 football - $13
PS3 NBA 07 - $9

PSP Dugeon Siege: Throne of Agony - $7

360 Medal of Honor: Airborne - $22
360 Simpsons $15
360 PGR4 - $9
360 Viva Party - $8
360 Monster Madness - $6

Wii Arctic Tale - $16
Wii Sea Monsters - $23
Wii History Channel Battle - $23
[/QUOTE]

If Unreal Tournament 3 PS3 is still that much I might as well trade in my copy I got from Gamefly because I don't really like it as much as I thought.

Unreal Tournament 3 gets $33. I traded in my copy since I've been to pre-occupied with all my Wii games and GTA 4. I can always buy one off of gamefly for $20 if I want to get it again.

Neither my Blockbuster nor gamerush knew anything about a sale on Monday. So i'm guessing its no-go here. In good news though, for the first time since the game came out, my Blockbuster had Uncharted: Drakes Fortune for rent. Now if they'd only get in Hot Shots Golf, i'd be really happy. I also picked up Wii Skii to go with Wii Fit. Sold off my extra Wii, and im ready to find another.

Before i get flamed, I sold the Wii to a friend for $250, so i lost "money". But i'd rather take a tax hit and be rid of it now than have to worry about being robbed by someone on craigslist, or deal with shipping on ebay.

Forgot to note that the BB I was at yesterday had a sign on the door with the following promo: Rent any game and save $10 on the purchase of GTAIV or SSBB for $39.99. Valid during the holiday weekend, Friday through Monday.

[quote name='whymustiregister']Forgot to note that the BB I was at yesterday had a sign on the door with the following promo: Rent any game and save $10 on the purchase of GTAIV or SSBB. Valid during the holiday weekend, Friday through Monday.[/quote]

pretty solid deal, specially if u use the free game rental coupon from coke rewards :)

I saw this ad today, so I took a quick camera phone pic:

0524081454pr1.jpg

TIV as of 5/24

Codemned 360 $12
Call of Duty 2 360 $8
Overlord 360 $8
Stranglehold 360 $15 (Needs to be updates)
Madden 08 360 $15 (TIV needs to be updates on CagWiki)
Gears of War 360 $25

[quote name='io']I'll start up a new thread some time this weekend if events don't overcome me (very sick cat + work to catch up on + tons of cleaning to do: yeah, we're having an awesome Memorial Day weekend around here!).

The only point I see to it, is it breaks links external sites might have in sniping our deals - that is, if they static link to the OP or something, then it becomes old news once it is no longer the current thread.

So I'll do it, but it will be just the same as this thread ;).[/quote]

So what else will you do when a girl bat's her eyes at you... Wuss :booty:

[quote name='stoned99']So what else will you do when a girl bat's her eyes at you... Wuss :booty:[/quote]

It's Gwen. She doesn't bat her eyes, she swings her fists at us. ;)

[quote name='stoned99']So what else will you do when a girl bat's her eyes at you... Wuss :booty:[/QUOTE]

Hey, I ain't done it yet. I'll still be my ol' slow procrastinating self - no woman's going to change that ;). Actually, I was aiming to start a new one right when we hit 200 pages anyway (independent of Gwen), but oh well...

I've got other things to deal with and I just hopped on the computer for the first time today to distract myself...

[quote name='sp00ge']You know I still love you ;)[/quote]
Wow...a love story in between all the trade in values & game deals...how mushy!!!
No seriously....I am in tears

[quote name='jug_head_4ever']Wow...a love story in between all the trade in values & game deals...how mushy!!!
No seriously....I am in tears[/quote]

lol... I'm helping to balance out the hate that goes on in the thread. Kinda like the final battle in Little Nicky. :D

[quote name='sethg21']I have started with Xbox 360 Titles. I got through to the G's. I will continue to work on this with the goal of finishing the 360's by the end of next weekends and PS3 the week after that. Then on to the Wii's.

Notes: "The" is not included in alphabetical order (i.e. The Darkness is categorized as a D). This goes for all blockbuster stores. Prices are effective May 18th and could change anytime. DNT = Do Not Trade, Blockbuster has an abundance of these titles and will not buy them back at this time.

Ace Combat 6 Fires of Liberation 35 All Pro 2k8 8 Armored Core 4 8 Army of Two 35 Assassins Creed 22 Avatar 12 Battlefield Modern Combat 12 Battlestations Midway 15 Beautiful Katamari 8 Bee Movie 19 The Bigs 12 Bionicle Heroes 8 Bioshock 15 Blacksite Area 51 22 Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII 15 Blazing Angels 2 8 Blitz The League 15 Blue Dragon 15 Bomberman Act Zero 6 Bullet Witch 6 Bully Scholarship Edition 28.5 Burnout Paradise 32 Burnout Revenge 15 Cabela's Big Game Hunter 22 Cabela's Alakaskan Adventure 12 Call of Duty 2 8 Call of Duty 3 8 Call of Duty 4 35 Call of Juarez 8 Cars 8 Cars Maternational 15 Chromehounds 6 Clive Barker's Jericho 22 The Club 25 College Hoops 2k6 2 College Hoops 2k7 12 College Hoops 2k8 15 Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars 15 Conan 12 Condemned 12 Condemned 2 Bloodshot 35 Conflict Denied Ops 28.5 Crackdown 12 Crash of the Titans 15 Culdcept Saga 22 Dark Messiah Might and Magic 15 Dark Sector 35 The Darkness 8 Dead or Alive 4 12 Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 8 Dead Rising 15 Def Jam Icon 12 Devil May Cry 4 32 Devil May Cry 4 Collectors Edition 35 Dirt 15 Disney's Meet the Robinsons 6 Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean 3 6 Dream Pinball 22 Dynasty Warriors 5 15 Dynasty Warriors 6 35 Earth Defense Force 2017
Elder Scrolls Oblivion 15 Elder Scrolls Oblivion Game of the Year Edition 35 Elder Scrolls Oblivion Collectors Edition 15 Enchanted Arms 8 Eragon 6 Eternal Sonata 22 Fear 12 Fear Files 15 Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer 6 Far Cry Instincts Predator 8 Fifa 06 6 Fifa 07 22 Fifa 08 28.5 Fight Night Round 3 12 Final Fantasy XI DNT Flatout UC 8 Forza 2 15 Frontlines Fuel of War 35 Full Auto 8 Fuzion Frenzy 2 8 Gears of War 25 Gears of War Collectors Edition 25 Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 15 The Godfather Game 12 Golden Compass 12 Grand Theft Auto 4 35 Grand Theft Auto 4 Special Edition 35 Grid DNT Gun 12

HOW DO I MAKE A NEW LINE AFTER EACH TITLE ???[/QUOTE]

Any updates?

Elder Scrolls Collectors gets $15...any idea what it actually sells for? I spotted a complete copy (coin and all) at BB, and it's tagged $39.99. Wonder if that's real or if it's old.

made a trade at a regular BB 05/22/08

X360 Rock Band $35.00
X360 Tomb Raider Legend $8.00
X360 Cabela's Alaskan Adv. $12.00
X360 Madden 08 $15.00 (Thought I'd get $25.00)
X360 Just Cause $6.00
X360 Monster Madness $6.00
X360 Phantasy Star Universe $8.00

I don't trade but went to Blockbuster/Gamerush to see what games they lowered the prices on - Unfortunately, not as low as what others are getting....Just Cause was recently lowered to $9.99 as well as Prey. Purchased several $9.99 games for the achievement points (XBOX Live Arcade Vol. 1, Tony Hawk Project 8, Fifa 07 and Meet the Robinson's which rang up $6.99. Noticed other games were lowered to $14.99.

Not sure if it is YMMV or not, but my local BB/GR had a special where you could get GTA IV 360/PS3 for 39.99 if you rented any other game. I did consider it, but decided against it since my current backlog of games is just astronomical at this point.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Does anyone know if blockbuster will get in actual DS systems when the get in Guitar Hero for the DS?[/QUOTE]
Most Blockbuster's already carry DS systems.

[quote name='MasterYensid']Not sure if it is YMMV or not, but my local BB/GR had a special where you could get GTA IV 360/PS3 for 39.99 if you rented any other game. I did consider it, but decided against it since my current backlog of games is just astronomical at this point.[/QUOTE]

is this confirmed?

[quote name='JJSP']Most Blockbuster's already do not carry DS systems.[/QUOTE]

Corrected ;)

Mine said they have gotten no word they ever will carry them and I haven't seen them at all in the heavyily trafficked stores either (around here or in MD/VA). Gamerush, of course, is a different matter.

I traded a second NBA 08 to Gamecrazy today (and got the Blockbuster price match of course). That was all the flipping I could muster for this weekend.

[quote name='sp00ge']You know I still love you ;)[/quote]
One of those love/hate relationships, huh? :lol:

What was funny was the thought of my intimidating anyone through a punch. a) I'm not violent. b) I'm weak as applesauce. If I tried throwing a punch, I'd hurt myself more than the recepient. They'd look around like, "did you just feel a breeze?"

[quote name='DefinedByClass13']Why you guys go through the effort to look up an image, I don't know. Whatever gets you off I guess.[/quote]
Because they enjoy trolling their own thread.

[quote name='DefinedByClass13']Why you guys go through the effort to look up an image, I don't know. Whatever gets you off I guess.[/quote]

Just trying to ween people off of expecting others to do all the work, especially when that "work" is picking up a phone. Though i know its hard for a lot of people on his board to speak with actual human beings...

[quote name='freshzen']I have an updated price for the Wiki...

TIV!!
Moto GP 07 $8[/quote]

ouch... I was considering trading in, but now I may return mine to TRU, since I dunno when I'll play it.

Yeah I got one from Kmart for $10 this weekend, but I don't mind keeping it to play every once in a while, its a fun game, better than the 06 one.

[quote name='kearns710']i just picked up metal gear solid twin snakes for GC at my blockbuster for $10..thats a good find right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah those are going for $40-ish right now, especially because of the MGS4 release being so close. I'm sure in 2 or 3 months those prices will start to drop fast though.

[quote name='freshzen']Yeah those are going for $40-ish right now, especially because of the MGS4 release being so close. I'm sure in 2 or 3 months those prices will start to drop fast though.[/quote]

ya i saw that too..except the game didnt come with manual, but the discs and art work are in pretty good shape for being as old as they are (not to mention previous BB rentals). i also found a copy of psychonauts for 10, but not case/artwork. i can prob buy a green case and print out artwork though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back