The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

SPECIAL NOTE:

For those looking to transfer credit from Blockbuster to Gamestop the current extra $10 for 2 games deal at Gamestop (Wii, 360, PS3 only) provides the following options:

Game: BB price -> GS price with Edge+bonus

:360:
Beautiful Katamari: $9.99 -> $11.60
Bionicle Heroes $9.99 -> $7.20 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Bullet Witch: $9.99 -> $9.40
Cars: $9.99 -> $9.40
Chromehounds: $9.99? -> $8.30
Earth Defense Force: $9.99 -> $10.50
King Kong $9.99 -> $7.75 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Meet The Robinsons: $6.99 -> $10.50
Ninety-Nine Nights $14.99 -> $13.80
PSU $9.99 -> $10.50
Rumble Roses $9.99 -> $8.30
Spiderman 3: $9.99 -> $10.50
Spiderman Friend or Foe $12.99 -> $13.80
Table Tennis $9.99 -> $7.75
Tomb Raider Legend $9.99 -> $9.80
Top Spin 2: $9.99 -> $9.40
Virtua Tennis 3 $9.99 -> $11.60
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360) | 9.99 -> 9.40

:wii:
Alien Syndrome $9.99 -> $10.50
Meet The Robinsons $9.99 -> $11.60
Sonic Secret Rings $14.99 -> $14.90
Super Monkey Ball $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)

:ps3:
NBA Street Homecourt $14.99 -> ??
Virtua Fighter 5 $14.99 -> $13.80

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are taking preorders for Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Star Wars Force Unleashed, and possibly a few other games (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. Most still do not sell handheld systems (a few apparently sell the DS but I've never seen them there). As a result of not selling used hardware, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of your choice of new games (though, it seems, some stores have stopped taking preorders). On the other hand, some regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for a few select mega-release titles (recent examples: Halo 3, SSBB, Mario Kart, GTA IV).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

I went to a few Blockbusters today

The indiana jones merchandise was clearanced at one of them. The Tumblers (glasses) were marked from 14.99 down to 8.99. The DVD case was marked down from 49.99 to 39.99.

It sucks because I bought 3 T Shirts, the tumblers, 2 thirty dollar framed pieces of indiana jones artwork, the 50 dollar dvd case, and those collectible little pictures. I knew they'd be on sale, but I thought they'd mostly sell out before they get knocked down to like 90% off. Just don't buy any indiana jones crap unless there's only 1 left at your stores and u really want it. Otherwise just wait.

I also saw that the Beowulf framed artwork was marked from 30 down to 15.
TIVs are still holding...

March Madness 08 - 30
Cars - 8
Monster Madness - 6
Virtual Tennis - 6
Harry Potter - 15
COD 2 - 8
Viva Pinata 8

Does any1 know the TIVs for Cars, Monster Madness, Virtual Tennis, COD 2, and Viva Pinata at GAMESTOP? I'm just thinking about the 50% coupon because I have many copies.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I believe i got 6 for Monster Madness at gamestop, might have been 5 though.[/quote]

Nice. Thats good news 4 me. How long ago did u trade it in? And is that with the 50% coupon already factored in? Thx

I got store credit at blockbuster. So are they taking pre-orders for Metal Gear 4 game only? I didn't see anything displays in stores about it.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']
Does any1 know the TIVs for Cars, Monster Madness, Virtual Tennis, COD 2, and Viva Pinata at GAMESTOP? I'm just thinking about the 50% coupon because I have many copies.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about GS, but I know I got $9.10 (with MVP) for Cars at Gamecrazy a week or two ago. What is this 50% you speak of?

[quote name='aea414']Hey IO, who would I need to PM to help out around here as far as Wiki updating?[/QUOTE]

The man - cheapyd.

As for the Indiana Jones stuff, I trekked out to a far flung Blockbuster today (where I had last seen the hat) and they were out of the hat and nothing else was on sale. WTF? Usually Blockbuster clearances are universal. I did see some of the poster drops (half price) others have mentioned at one store a week ago.

[quote name='CaoPi']I got store credit at blockbuster. So are they taking pre-orders for Metal Gear 4 game only? I didn't see anything displays in stores about it.[/quote]

Yes, they are; I have it pre-ordered.

Any good games to flip from the Game Days sale at GameStop to Blockbuster atm?

Been a while since I flipped anything, and I want, nay, NEED to buy Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway and Too Human! :D

[quote name='Karuto']Any good games to flip from the Game Days sale at GameStop to Blockbuster atm?

Been a while since I flipped anything, and I want, nay, NEED to buy Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway and Too Human! :D[/quote]

I like to know this also

[quote name='io']

The man - cheapyd.

[/quote]

Forget PMing Cheapy about accessing the Wiki. I've sent him 3 messages and have yet to get a response. He might be holding off until CAG 2.0 is launched. If that's the case I completely understand but it would be nice to at least get one response instead of just getting ignored.

EDIT: The three PMs I've sent have been spaced out over the past several months (I figured I had better clarify before the inevitable "Well of course he didn't respond you've been bugging the crap outta him!" response is posted :))

[quote name='Poor2More']How much is Unreal Tournament III (PS3) trading in for>?[/quote]

As of last update 4-27-08, $33.
Just call your local store, that is why they have a phone number.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Does any1 know the TIVs for Cars, Monster Madness, Virtual Tennis, COD 2, and Viva Pinata at GAMESTOP? I'm just thinking about the 50% coupon because I have many copies.[/quote]

I checked on this one a little while ago. COD2 is trading in at a whopping $2.

[quote name='aea414']As of last update 4-27-08, $33.
Just call your local store, that is why they have a phone number.[/QUOTE]

Yep, UTIII is $33. Traded it in today.

a blockbuster i went to in pa yesterday had bioshock for the 360 for 20$ resistance for 40$ metroid prime 3 for 29.99 as well as many others.

[quote name='awp']Yep, UTIII is $33. Traded it in today.[/quote] Kool thanks, I wouldve called but they said no trade in values over the phone

[quote name='Poor2More']Kool thanks, I wouldve called but they said no trade in values over the phone[/quote]

:roll:

Pre-ordered MGS4 (game) at my blockbuster. The system says June 20th. Hopefully thats just their system being out of date. Another thing that seemed stupid is that they told me I could only put down $58.99 of the $59.99. Their excuse was that the system wouldn't let ppl pay the whole thing, but I think its so they can count it as two sales in the computer.

Well, this was somewhat disappointing but I traded them anyway since I price adjusted them at Target to add the $10 coupon (making Blue Dragon $4.98 and Avatar $2.48):

:360: Avatar Burning Earth: $8
:360: Blue Dragon: $12

Also got these quotes:

:360: History Channel Civil War: could not find in system
:360: Battlestations Midway: $12
:360: Winning Eleven 2007: $8
:360: Surf's Up: $8

Also, Indiana Jones stuff was not on sale/clearance at all at this store either.

If Bioshock dropped again (now to $20 used instead of $24.99), everyone in this thread with a 360 should pick it up if they don't already have it.

[quote name='Bezerker']:roll:

Pre-ordered MGS4 (game) at my blockbuster. The system says June 20th. Hopefully thats just their system being out of date. Another thing that seemed stupid is that they told me I could only put down $58.99 of the $59.99. Their excuse was that the system wouldn't let ppl pay the whole thing, but I think its so they can count it as two sales in the computer.[/quote]

Same thing happened to me for GTA IV.

[quote name='Masterkyo']2 more days. I can't wait to get my hand on GOW Bundle ;)[/quote]

same here i cant wait, its been 6 months since my psp broke and i found out about the GOW bundle!

used most of my credit to buy a Nintendo Wii and a WiiFit the day it dropped a couple weeks ago. thought i wanted the Wii. but ehh idk.

TIV - (no changes)

NBA 08 PS3 - 33
NCAA MM 08 PS3 - 30
Harry Potter: OotP 360 - 15
The Bigs 360 - 12

One of the BB that I go to still has the Indiana Jones's fedora but it has yet to go on clearance.

[quote name='JJSP']If Bioshock dropped again (now to $20 used instead of $24.99), everyone in this thread with a 360 should pick it up if they don't already have it.[/quote]

quoted for truth!

[quote name='io']
But wait, thinking about the 6 month thing some more - my Beowulf troubles were in mid Dec. That means the 6-month period wouldn't be up till mid-June. But I was clear and free at 2 of the trouble stores as early as mid-May. So maybe in that case they actually did clear it off as promised (took them a while as I had last checked in Feb or so and they hadn't done it then). Like you, aaa, they had thought I was stealing games from elsewhere and trading them in because I had traded a whopping 4 Beowulfs into different stores :roll:. I offered to show the manager of one store all the receipts but she didn't said that wasn't necessary. She said she'd talk with the DM to get it cleared up. I called back several times and there was always some excuse (DM was out of town, or she was just there but she forgot, etc). I finally gave up but then I decided to try my local store a few weeks ago and had no problem trading. Then I just tried the store where that manager works last weekend and she was there - no problems trading at all. So if the warnings don't fall off for 6 months by themselves then that means they actually did get it cleared up for me.

So, aaa, if they think you are stealing from elsewhere and trading then just offer to show them the receipts of your original purchases. Yeah, they might not like that you got them cheap and made money trading them in, but it's a hell of a lot better than having them think you stole them all. I'm sure that must actually happen pretty frequently - they certainly seem to look for this at regular (non-GR) stores where they aren't used to seeing lots of trades.

Sonicthehedgehog1337 - Let aaa's tale be a warning though. That is exactly what I was talking about. And especially in your case if they told you your games are still under the counter they might get suspicious if you trade a duplicate in. Then you'll get some too-clever-for-his-own-good clerk all excited that he caught a "thief" in the act of pawning stuff off. aaa traded 20 games into 7 stores (you made that clear, aaa - people just don't read sometimes ;)) - certainly not enough at each store to raise any flags but all it takes is one guy to call another store, compare notes, etc. That is what happened to me - all a result of me trying to be friendly. I casually mentioned I had to fill out another trade form at a store I was at earlier (because the trade accounts expire after some period of time). Of course junior detective there had to go and call the other store to check that out and that's when they found I had traded Beowulf there as well. So now I keep my mouth shut :lol:.[/quote]

I had nearly the same problem. When I went to a new store, I signed a trade agreement, and then traded 2 copies of MM2008. She said, "I believe the maximum trade limit per game is 1 per day". I said I was nearly positive that it is up to 2 a day, so she called a local store. The guy asked what game, and she said MM2008 (I traded in 2 copies into that store earlier in the day) and he said, don't accept them, I just received 2 copies from them. She definately became very suspicious because of that.

About the whole stealing accusation, I made sure to keep every Target receipt just in case of a problem. I told the guy who works at my local BB to tell the DM/Loss Prevention Manager to give them my home phone number *points at screen* and they can call me. I find it a bit ridiculous how flawed Blockbuster's trading policy's are. Every store I went to gave me different answers. Some told me they will take AS MANY games as I have. Some said 1 a day. Some said 2 a day. Some said no sealed games. They have a policy that they want me to follow, but if they do not enforce it, then I am not at fault.

If I have multiples, I just trade in one each day to one of the three BB in my area. I usually just trade them in sealed. No one seems to care so far.

Why is it so difficult for people to realize that trading in 13 copies of the same game in one day might be an issue?

[quote name='animemaniac14']so i know this has prob been asked before but are there any games at this gamestop 50% off sale that are worth flipping?[/QUOTE]

Sega Superstar Tennis :360: $14.99 to $28.50 ...you might want to call BB and confirm that TIV though.

[quote name='freshzen']Sega Superstar Tennis :360: $14.99 to $28.50 ...you might want to call BB and confirm that TIV though.[/quote]

Actually, its sounding like that preliminary list had the price wrong... it's showing $19.99 online, which is still decent I guess. $17.99 after coupon (used price is showing $17.99 online too btw).

Anyone have this week's TIV's for The Bigs 360 or Viva Pinata. Thanks in advance. Also, I'm going to swing by BB later tonight so if there are any popular quote requests I can get a few. The manager is a good guy.

Sega Superstars Tennis for Wii is still fetching $30 (for today at least). I grabbed a copy at the Gamestop sale for $17.99 after 10% off coupon. Went ahead and bought a copy of Lost Planet Colonies edition with the credit.

[quote name='aaa']I had nearly the same problem. When I went to a new store, I signed a trade agreement, and then traded 2 copies of MM2008. She said, "I believe the maximum trade limit per game is 1 per day". I said I was nearly positive that it is up to 2 a day, so she called a local store. The guy asked what game, and she said MM2008 (I traded in 2 copies into that store earlier in the day) and he said, don't accept them, I just received 2 copies from them. She definately became very suspicious because of that.

About the whole stealing accusation, I made sure to keep every Target receipt just in case of a problem. I told the guy who works at my local BB to tell the DM/Loss Prevention Manager to give them my home phone number *points at screen* and they can call me. I find it a bit ridiculous how flawed Blockbuster's trading policy's are. Every store I went to gave me different answers. Some told me they will take AS MANY games as I have. Some said 1 a day. Some said 2 a day. Some said no sealed games. They have a policy that they want me to follow, but if they do not enforce it, then I am not at fault.[/QUOTE]

They should not have accused you of stealing. However, they have the right to refuse any trade. Trading two of the same game on a single transaction is shady enough, but trying to trade 4 is definitely suspicous.

[quote name='ewto16']If I have multiples, I just trade in one each day to one of the three BB in my area. I usually just trade them in sealed. No one seems to care so far.

Why is it so difficult for people to realize that trading in 13 copies of the same game in one day might be an issue?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but what you are doing could cause just as much trouble. It depends entirely on how much the clerks are paying attention, whether they think it is wrong (to trade multiples - even on different days), and if so, whether they care enough to do anything about it.

It may work for you that sealed is OK, but all it takes is one junior detective to think "Ah, trading in sealed games means he stole them from Walmart! I'm a genius!". Why run that risk? Yeah, it's no big deal in the long run but the point is to avoid hassles ;).

[quote name='unforeseen']They should not have accused you of stealing. However, they have the right to refuse any trade. Trading two of the same game on a single transaction is shady enough, but trying to trade 4 is definitely suspicous.[/quote]

I understand they have the right to refuse my trades. I have absolutely no problem with that. However, I do have a problem if they do not enforce their policies, accept my games, and then they accuse me of stealing.

Karaoke revolution: American idols encore (360) - game only = $35!

(start a microphone collection or sell to them to GS for $4 each)

Harry Potter: OotP 360 - $15
Sega superstar tennis: wii - $30

I've never been to target so many times in my life.

[quote name='jgressley']Karaoke revolution: American idols encore (360) - game only = $35!

(start a microphone collection or sell to them to GS for $4 each)[/quote]

is that the blockbuster trade in value for just the game?

[quote name='metsfan1545d']is that the blockbuster trade in value for just the game?[/quote]

Yep. I traded in the game/case/manual, but not the mic, and it was $35. They don't even have a trade for the bundle (at least, the bar code on the bundle box didn't scan).

[quote name='jgressley']Yep. I traded in the game/case/manual, but not the mic, and it was $35. They don't even have a trade for the bundle (at least, the bar code on the bundle box didn't scan).[/quote]

the american idol bundle was on clearence at target today for 24.98 so ill go back and buy em all and trade em in and make 10 dollars on the deal.

thanks for the heads up

[quote name='metsfan1545d']the american idol bundle was on clearence at target today for 24.98 so ill go back and buy em all and trade em in and make 10 dollars on the deal.

thanks for the heads up[/quote]

20$ if you use the 360 10$ off coupon, I made an easy 90$ trading in 3 KR's and 3 HP's today, and have 3 free microphones for use with the copy of KR I plan on keeping if I can find another copy :)

The 20$ Timeshift is calling my name... Another good use of the coupon is the 360 Roller Coaster game which is now 20$ as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back