The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

SPECIAL NOTE:

For those looking to transfer credit from Blockbuster to Gamestop the current extra $10 for 2 games deal at Gamestop (Wii, 360, PS3 only) provides the following options:

Game: BB price -> GS price with Edge+bonus

:360:
Beautiful Katamari: $9.99 -> $11.60
Bionicle Heroes $9.99 -> $7.20 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Bullet Witch: $9.99 -> $9.40
Cars: $9.99 -> $9.40
Chromehounds: $9.99? -> $8.30
Earth Defense Force: $9.99 -> $10.50
King Kong $9.99 -> $7.75 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Meet The Robinsons: $6.99 -> $10.50
Ninety-Nine Nights $14.99 -> $13.80
PSU $9.99 -> $10.50
Rumble Roses $9.99 -> $8.30
Spiderman 3: $9.99 -> $10.50
Spiderman Friend or Foe $12.99 -> $13.80
Table Tennis $9.99 -> $7.75
Tomb Raider Legend $9.99 -> $9.80
Top Spin 2: $9.99 -> $9.40
Virtua Tennis 3 $9.99 -> $11.60
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360) | 9.99 -> 9.40

:wii:
Alien Syndrome $9.99 -> $10.50
Meet The Robinsons $9.99 -> $11.60
Sonic Secret Rings $14.99 -> $14.90
Super Monkey Ball $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)

:ps3:
NBA Street Homecourt $14.99 -> ??
Virtua Fighter 5 $14.99 -> $13.80

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are taking preorders for Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Star Wars Force Unleashed, and possibly a few other games (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. Most still do not sell handheld systems (a few apparently sell the DS but I've never seen them there). As a result of not selling used hardware, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of your choice of new games (though, it seems, some stores have stopped taking preorders). On the other hand, some regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for a few select mega-release titles (recent examples: Halo 3, SSBB, Mario Kart, GTA IV).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='io']
:360: Call of Duty 2 $6 (boo - down $2, horrible flip since it cost me $4 - ruins my percentage ;))[/QUOTE]
On the odd chance you haven't played COD2, it's an excellent game and is definitely worth $4. It might look a little dated now, but it was the first game I bought on my 360 (and at full price, no less), and I never regretted it.

Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3) $33.00
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (PS3) $36.00

Gamefly has Unreal Tournament 3 for $19.99 right now. Its like ~$22.00 after shipping.

[quote name='io']
:360: Call of Duty 2 $6 (boo - down $2, horrible flip since it cost me $4 - ruins my percentage ;)).[/QUOTE]

call of duty2 only cost you 4 dollars???i been looking for it were did you find it?

[quote name='djkunai']:360:
Timeshift - $17
Open Season - $12
Cars - $8
Fuzion Frenzy 2 - $8

Saddened since my store has Timeshift at $19.98, but delighted since the 3pack is $14.98.

$5 into $28 looks like fun.[/quote]

Buy 2 copies of Timeshift and use 2 $10 off coupons and one $5 off coupon. You end up paying $7.48+tax for each.

$16.2x into $34 is good in my opinion, especially, if you are already trading in other games.

[quote name='freshzen']This week's coupon is for PS2 games, what one are you referring to?[/quote]

[quote name='Bezerker'] plus who knows if we'll get another 25% off PS3 coupon.[/quote]

Read the post, I never said there was one...

[quote name='smurfbob']call of duty2 only cost you 4 dollars???i been looking for it were did you find it?[/QUOTE]

Target with the $10 coupon, like every other game everyone else is talking about in this thread ;). It is $13.98 here, though some people are finding it for $9.98, making it FREE after the coupon.

I saw a 360 steering wheel 99$ and the 360 120gig hd for 79$ at my least favorite GR last night, I was really surprised to see the hd so cheap, when did it drop ?

***Edit*** On further reflection I remember looking at the HD and noticing a sticker below the 79$ sticker which barely had a 1 still showing. I'm guessing that they tried to just change the last two digits of the old sticker, and covered the 1 in the progress. I hate this GR so maybe I'll try the must sell me at the price marked arguement :)

[quote name='DrNo888']Any potential with Spiderwick 360 on sale for $13 at Amazon?[/quote]

I smell price match at Sears followed by Flip at BB, Can someone on the East Coast call their BB to get the TIV.

The Wii version is also 13$, and trades in for 30$

Yesterday:

:ps3: NCAA March Madness 08 - $30
:360: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 - $12

I traded the ESA bundle at Gamestop for $20.25 with coupon & edge, bought a copy of :ps3: Strangehold with some left over, then turned that into $36 at GR. Better than a straight trade to GR, and no concerns about Fusion Frenzy's UPC. Obviously not that useful without the coupon that expired yesterday, though.

[quote name='jgressley']Narnia: Prince Caspian (Wii) = $30

(They're selling at Microcenter for $9.99. Let the race begin.)[/quote]

I win, just ordered some for in-store pickup using the web. And they do show on the web sku 561423, I found it by searching for wii games and sorting by price.

This is of course another Sears/CC price match oppurtunity.

[quote name='DrNo888']Any potential with Spiderwick 360 on sale for $13 at Amazon?[/QUOTE]

According to the fine gentleman on the phone just now, it trades for $28.50.

[quote name='stoned99']I win, just ordered some for in-store pickup using the web. And they do show on the web sku 561423, I found it by searching for wii games and sorting by price.

This is of course another Sears/CC price match oppurtunity.[/quote]

ordered one myself now!

you win?! WII win! bwahahaha...:applause:

[quote name='kojubat']According to the fine gentleman on the phone just now, it trades for $28.50.[/quote]

don't think you would get it in time to trade it in...especially if that TIV doesn't hold past tuesday

Alright just called and the guy said, The club ps3- $36 and Area 51 Blacksite ps3 wasnt in the system so i can take it in for him to scan. But i believe what other people said its also $36

[quote name='animemaniac14']don't think you would get it in time to trade it in...especially if that TIV doesn't hold past tuesday[/QUOTE]

I think the suggested plan is to buy it in-store at Sears, and use their price-match policy to get it for $9.29 (+tax, if applicable).

Sears Price Matching Plus Policy/Price Protection Policy
Price Matching Plus Policy

If you find a lower price (excluding shipping, handling and delivery) on an identical branded item with the same features currently available for sale and delivery in your area from a local retail store's online site, Sears will match that total price Plus, give you 10% of the difference. Just print the ordering page, including shipping, handling and delivery, and bring it to your Sears store at the time of, or within 30 days after, your purchase.

I suppose that, theoretically, someone could get shot down due to the 'local retail store' portion, but my experience has shown they generally don't sweat details.

[quote name='stoned99']I win, just ordered some for in-store pickup using the web. And they do show on the web sku 561423, I found it by searching for wii games and sorting by price.

This is of course another Sears/CC price match oppurtunity.[/QUOTE]

Wow that is a nice deal! Hopefully Sears will price match. I have to make a 30 minute drive to Microcenter, but its worth it!

[quote name='jgressley']Narnia: Prince Caspian (Wii) = $30

(They're selling at Microcenter for $9.99. Let the race begin.)[/quote]

Thanks!

Picked up two copies on the way to work.

[quote name='Killdozer']Tustin store OOS already[/quote]

Yeah I know, they could only fill 1/2 of my order, and my trip to sears was a bust as they had no spiderwick and no prince caspian.

[quote name='ralph10']Who's the flipper here at the blockbuster/ gamerush by Atlantic Square? ;)[/QUOTE]

There are a few that go there. I am 3 of them.

[quote name='allen9917']What's the trade-in value of the PS2 version of Narnia?[/quote]

Have you heard about SERO?

Maybe this is a stupid question, but I couldn't find the answer on the first page and I didn't want to read 222 of them... but... when you flip games do you trade them in with the wrapping on still? Are the stores not suspicious? Thanks.

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']Maybe this is a stupid question, but I couldn't find the answer on the first page and I didn't want to read 222 of them... but... when you flip games do you trade them in with the wrapping on still? Are the stores not suspicious? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I never do, I will always go in and confirm the TIV if need be, and then go back to my car and unwrap the game. At Blockbuster they probably won't be very suspicious, you could even tell them what you're doing (stiffy managers might not be happy to here your story though). One time years ago I walked into Game Crazy with a big pile of games most of which were still sealed and after I got quotes on everything from a regular employee, the manager walked out of the back and flipped out on me and told me to leave because it A) looks bad to other customers & B) could be stolen merch.

[quote name='freshzen']I never do, I will always go in and confirm the TIV if need be, and then go back to my car and unwrap the game. At Blockbuster they probably won't be very suspicious, you could even tell them what you're doing (stiffy managers might not be happy to here your story though). One time years ago I walked into Game Crazy with a big pile of games most of which were still sealed and after I got quotes on everything from a regular employee, the manager walked out of the back and flipped out on me and told me to leave because it A) looks bad to other customers & B) could be stolen merch.[/QUOTE]

See, I would say it is just the opposite. I'm sure I could go into my Gamecrazy, tell them I had a bunch of Target clearance games, and they'd be just fine with that. But at Blockbuster they must have had some sort of loss prevention training that teaches them sealed and/or multiples = theft. Or, as I've said before, it is just some junior detective thinking he's all clever. As always, it depends on the clerk.

djkunai - after your post in the $10 Target coupon thread you have no right to be "saddened" ever again about not having a good selection/good price at Target or any other store ;). For those interested in the profit ratio calculations, he seems to think a 22% credit cost factor (or 4.7-to-1 if you like to think of it that way) is not so great :roll:. (He turned $33 into $156 at BB using 3-packs from Target).

I want to price match Narnia to Bestbuy or Sears. Is there an ad out there that list the price for 9.99? How do I go about price matching if there is not an ad ?

DAMNIT!!!! Was at two GRs today and neither received their shipment of The Incredible Hulk! I've got a Viking and Condemned 2 all lined up... DAMN THEM!!!!:wall:

there are some serious hoarder flipper types in my area.... After browsing 2 Bockbusters used games section the 360 and PS3 racks are overflowing with clearance games from various stores (*cough Target*)....

Sucks because you can not find any clearance 360 or PS3 titles ever around me unless they are higher end Clearance ($41.98+)... It forces me to buy games for my brother on 360 most of the time full retail when im trying to strech the buck further for gifts...

Damn you Blockbuster flippers ha ha :D

[quote name='jmiller']I want to price match Narnia to Bestbuy or Sears. Is there an ad out there that list the price for 9.99? How do I go about price matching if there is not an ad ?[/QUOTE]

The only way you get the ad from Microcenter is two ways: Through the mail by being on their mailing list or at the store if they have any left.

I'm on the mailing list because I bought my last CPU from them.

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']Just confirm I traded in NCAA08 March Madness today for $30.[/quote]

Was MM for the ps3 or 360 clearanced or marked down at target?

[quote name='bgame2']Was MM for the ps3 or 360 clearanced or marked down at target?[/quote]

It was PS3 clearance from Target. I got it for $12.48. Actually cheaper because I got NBA08 at the same time for $14.98 and used the $5 off coupon.

Traded in March Madness and Stranglehold tonight for $30 and $36, respectively. Also found a Coke cap in the BB parking lot. Pretty awesome trip in my mind.:lol:

hm... funny thing today wen i went in to BB to trade in Stranglehold. The BB that i went to is only my 4th trip there and they said that the store manager had but a hold on my trading account. Its wierd because the only time i was able to trade there was the first time where i set up the trading account and my 2nd and 3rd trip i was unable to trade because they had an abundance number of the games i wanted to trade. So i would go to a different BB to trade them. I was unable to speak to the manager of why i had a hold. Could it be that he is tracking my status from other BB? I usually follow the trading guideline, i would never trade in more than 3 games at once and always took off the price tag, wrapper, etc. off the games. hopefully this doesnt affect me for other BB... =/

[quote name='mikeyme']hm... funny thing today wen i went in to BB to trade in Stranglehold. The BB that i went to is only my 4th trip there and they said that the store manager had but a hold on my trading account. Its wierd because the only time i was able to trade there was the first time where i set up the trading account and my 2nd and 3rd trip i was unable to trade because they had an abundance number of the games i wanted to trade. So i would go to a different BB to trade them. I was unable to speak to the manager of why i had a hold. Could it be that he is tracking my status from other BB? I usually follow the trading guideline, i would never trade in more than 3 games at once and always took off the price tag, wrapper, etc. off the games. hopefully this doesnt affect me for other BB... =/[/QUOTE]
I think Target and BB are getting tired of everyone else benefiting from their own losseseseseseseseses'''''''!!!!

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']Just confirm I traded in NCAA08 March Madness today for $30.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bgame2']Was MM for the ps3 or 360 clearanced or marked down at target?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quote. Though I'm pushing it on that game, I picked up another tonight because the Target where I've been getting them for a few weeks now STILL has them. Apparently no one else wants them so hell, they are fair game. The only problem is it rang up out of the system already - and this is at a Target that is well behind most others in price drops. (As a result I had to suspend my transaction and go all the way back to get one marked $12.48 as the cashier would not believe me and tried entering the $24.98 price on the copy I grabbed initially :roll:).

Speaking of Targets that are well behind the curve on clearance markdowns, I went to a couple Targets tonight and besides that March Madness it was pretty much a bust. One had an abundance of new 360 clearance games but even with the $10 off they are way overpriced. E.g, Viva Pinata was $20.98. You gotta love a clearance price that is more than MSRP (and more than Target.com's regular price). The Bigs was $24.98 I think. American Idol was $35. These probably won't drop till a week from Monday and by then, of course, the coupon will be long expired. I found no more triple packs after the 1 I found the other night.

Also, disregard what I said about Cars at Gamecrazy - I brought it in to GC tonight after being disappointed with BB's $6 trade-in. Now, all of a sudden, it has dropped from $9.10 to about $3.50. So I just asked if they would match the $6 from BB and traded it there to get rid of it. It's even worse for Call of Duty 2 - that trades for a whopping $1 at Gamecrazy. Ouch... They are becoming Gamestoppish in their trade-in prices, but without the frequent promos and coupons to make up for it.

Now I have yet another March Madness to trade in and I have no recourse but to risk a double-dip if I want to get rid of it. Oh well, might as well ;).

I traded in these 360 games (6/6/08)
- Mass Effect - $22 (ouch)
- Cars - $6
- Open Season - $12
- Fuzion Frenzy 2 - $8

So, I turned my $5 into $26....not bad. They still have a bunch of 3 packs at my Target also....but I don't like to trade more than 1 copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back