The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

See here for the deal: http://www.blockbuster.com/stores

There used to be a coupon to print for it, but now stores should have the bar code to scan at the register.  If not, show them their own web page (above) and maybe they will figure it out.

See BlockbusterGuy's thread for a list of titles eligible under (and commonly found at BBV) for the promo:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310423-blockbuster-video-4th-of-july-sale-bogo/

Coming July 2nd: B1G1 free on games $29.99 and under

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that anything below here might be out of date. To be honest, I have no idea if Blockbuster even takes games for trade-in any more!

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos, post any trade-in values you have obtained, and discuss new and used game selection and availability. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Blockbuster store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (BBVto Amazon to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from BBV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit will be placed onto your store account
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Depending on state law you may or may not get sales tax added to your trade-ins (and thus get more than normal). You will always be charged sales tax where applicable on purchases.

Current Trade-In Deals
There are no trade-in deals at this time nor have there been for a very very long time. They did however just recently cut down all their trade-in values to Gamestop-like levels (but without deals to make them more appealing as at GS).

Trade-In Values

Trade-in prices are usually universal at Blockbuster, but can be wildly different at franchise Blockbuster stores. Used game prices change on Monday. We are not currently sure when trade-in values get updated but a few years ago it used to be on Mondays. Any quotes given in this thread may thus be good through Sunday of the current week. If you want to be sure to get the same value another CAG has reported then do your trading by Sunday as the price may drop on Monday.

Also note that many stores will no longer accept video games without cover art. This is the official policy for DVD trade-ins but apparently many clerks will confuse the two and not allow it for games either. Just beware that it might be a hassle if you have a disc-only game to trade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Blockbuster/Gamerush Threads (dating back to June 2005!):
1 (by no means the first one but the earliest that can be found - check it out for some drama)
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dinovelvet']Do we have official confirmation that the game sale is still continuing on Monday? Sorry if I missed a post about it.[/QUOTE]

It is continuing through 12/31/2011.....\\:D/

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']Shit, if it trades in for $5, that works for me; @ $2.00; x 2, I'm 1/3 of the way to the 5 for 30. I've got an assload of RF: Armageddon to unload, too. I've just been busy picking up as many of the 5 for 30's as I can..tomorrow will be a different story.

I love me some "KA" (;))!!!! Plus, last time I used GameStop (MONTHS ago), I think I did an "in store pick-up"; I would assume I can p/u "KA" @ $1.99? Works for me and thanks, again, for the info![/QUOTE]

i doubt youd have to do an in store pickup at Gamestop. They should have enough copies in already unless other people in your area cleaned them out.. Doesnt hurt to call. And I wouldnt try more then 4 copies of Kinect Adventures at Blockbuster at a time, and that may be pushing it still. My friend was able to trade in 4 at once though. I did 3 yesterday and 2 today. Ended up just trading the rest in at Best Buy due to them saying they couldnt have more then 10 copies at a store.

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']Yep, "In Stock" at locations:
1.1 miles away
5.1 miles away
9.3 miles away
9.5 miles away
9.9 miles away
10.1 miles away
Etc. Etc. Etc.

Thanks! :applause:[/QUOTE]

did you seriously just quote yourself?

facepalm.jpg

While not as extreme as others, I was fond of Toys R Us' insane promotion when Fear 3 launched. "Buy one game, get one free; and also get $10 off that first game." It lasted about a day before they fixed it to the Buy 2 get $10 off sale or w/e it was supposed to be.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']While not as extreme as others, I was fond of Toys R Us' insane promotion when Fear 3 launched. "Buy one game, get one free; and also get $10 off that first game." It lasted about a day before they fixed it to the Buy 2 get $10 off sale or w/e it was supposed to be.[/QUOTE]

I liked the Target's B1G1 free better ^_^. Returned all the games i had gotten the prior week during TRU's B2G1 free, and got three times the amount of games for nearly the same price.

On a side note, do ALL Blockbusters take trade ins? Theres only 2 in my whole area now, but i'd love to grab a copy or two of Kinect Adventures.

Yeah, IMO, the top deals were:

5 - Guitar Hero Band Bundles for $10 @ Toys R Us
4- Buy One Get One Free the week F.3.A.R. came out @ Toys R Us for $50
3 - This deal. Stacking with KA; some of us are almost getting free money.
2 - HP Touchpad. Just all the hoopla surrounding it was awesome, and it lasted a while.
1- Penny Games @ AMZ WD. I only managed to snag one (A penny Homefront); but kick myself at least once a week since for not ordering 50+ copies like some people did. I know one particular person turned 89 CENTS into about $1,500. That's a flip for the history books. Just insane. I always say "there will always be something better", but IMO, that deal will never, ever be beat.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']While not as extreme as others, I was fond of Toys R Us' insane promotion when Fear 3 launched. "Buy one game, get one free; and also get $10 off that first game." It lasted about a day before they fixed it to the Buy 2 get $10 off sale or w/e it was supposed to be.[/QUOTE]
You mean the 2/$50 sale that was supposed to be buy 2 games and get a $50 gc or something like that?

[quote name='admiralvic']Eh I would say the bogo deal was better. It's FAR easier to get 2 games over 3 and it costs less. Yes you do lose 1 game if you buy 4, but it's still more versatile. I would say the KA element helps, but that is highly YMMV. I went to 12 stores and got rejected at them all... everyone had something like no barcode, no art, etc. Many others had to go to several locations or didnt luck out.

As far as deals... I would say the HP Touchpad stuff was the best. While it was YMMV, there were many instances to get them.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get in on the HP Touchpad, although I saw it PLASTERED all over the place.

The reason I think this one (5 for 30) is the best is because, (pending on your reason for doing, mind you), they scan x five games, hit a button and it's $32.52 (in South Carolina).

No nonsense, etc. Also, the games I've been able to find have been much better (95% of them Complete or Complete(able) with nearby rental boxes). I just moved from Alabama to South Carolina and though there are more BBV (I had a mapped out circle in Birmingham I could hit all of them in less than 60 minutes), the ones in the Charleston-area. In Birmingham, they did have the tendency to add new games to the deal(s) in the stores daily (eg: I would hit one store, go back several days later and there would be another supply that was not present during my first trip...that has yet to be seen in South Carolina).

The BOGO, I had to be more strategic with and almost "Coach" the BBV employee through. With this one, I can give them 15 games (all in one transaction, including tax), the original total goes from around $245.00, a button is hit, and my total is around $95.00. El Hoardo I have been with AC:B, Just Dance-Summer Party, and Wii Party. All the PokePark and Kirby's titles were yanked up (but a few).

Again, I guess it depends on your 'intent'. I became unemployed a while ago (you can probably figure out the rest) and this deal (5 for 30) is money in the bank for me. I'm just hoping the Charleston stores re-stock like Birmingham stores did (on a semi-regular basis). If they do (and this runs until 12/31/2011), it's hands down (for this CAG) the best.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']did you seriously just quote yourself?

facepalm.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I don't think so? If I did, my apologies.

Edit: I think I did. I meant to quote your post re: $1.99 at GS; I ran a search and instead of quoting your post, I quoted mine. But, hey, I'm coming up on the big 1 year Anniversary and still learning the ropes....

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']I didn't get in on the HP Touchpad, although I saw it PLASTERED all over the place.

The reason I think this one (5 for 30) is the best is because, (pending on your reason for doing, mind you), they scan x five games, hit a button and it's $32.52 (in South Carolina).

No nonsense, etc. Also, the games I've been able to find have been much better (95% of them Complete or Complete(able) with nearby rental boxes). I just moved from Alabama to South Carolina and though there are more BBV (I had a mapped out circle in Birmingham I could hit all of them in less than 60 minutes), the ones in the Charleston-area. In Birmingham, they did have the tendency to add new games to the deal(s) in the stores daily (eg: I would hit one store, go back several days later and there would be another supply that was not present during my first trip...that has yet to be seen in South Carolina).

The BOGO, I had to be more strategic with and almost "Coach" the BBV employee through. With this one, I can give them 15 games (all in one transaction, including tax), the original total goes from around $245.00, a button is hit, and my total is around $95.00. El Hoardo I have been with AC:B, Just Dance-Summer Party, and Wii Party. All the PokePark and Kirby's titles were yanked up (but a few).

Again, I guess it depends on your 'intent'. I became unemployed a while ago (you can probably figure out the rest) and this deal (5 for 30) is money in the bank for me. I'm just hoping the Charleston stores re-stock like Birmingham stores did (on a semi-regular basis). If they do (and this runs until 12/31/2011), it's hands down (for this CAG) the best.[/QUOTE]

I never had an issue with things. I hand them games, I verify the promo is there and they do it. Nothing complex/special about it...

Argh. for as long as I've been on CAG, I can't believe how many awesome deals I've missed this year. I really, really hate when people keep bringing them up. And I just know that some stupid YMMV or 3 hour long deal will get deal of the year and that is a pet peeve of mine. CAG deal of the year should be something everyone can get in on.

Another pet peeve - people talking about BBV "restocking" their used games. THEY NEVER DO THAT. They might convert some rentals to used (usually a few are done every week). And every so often one store out of 100's might get a big transfer from another store that closed. But there is no magic fairyland warehouse where they have 1000's of awesome used games that they "regularly restock" to their stores. Why does this keep coming up!?

Anyway, back to all the deals I've missed this year:

[quote name='mattcube64']Yeah, IMO, the top deals were:
5 - Guitar Hero Band Bundles for $10 @ Toys R Us[/quote]
None were available at that price around me. They all got bought several months before that when they were 2 for $50.

[quote name='mattcube64']
4- Buy One Get One Free the week F.3.A.R. came out @ Toys R Us for $50[/quote]
This is the first I ever heard of this "deal".

3 - This deal. Stacking with KA; some of us are almost getting free money.[/quote]
The KA part of it is YMMV, but I'd agree that Blockbuster deals in general have been some of the best this year. In addition to this, there were at least 2 or 3 B1G1 deals and the 5 for $20 blu-rays a while back (with some locations having 99 cent blu-rays but that was YMMV also).

2 - HP Touchpad. Just all the hoopla surrounding it was awesome, and it lasted a while.[/quote]
Missed this one too - was going with the family on a week long trip when this broke. By the time I got back it was over

1- Penny Games @ AMZ WD.[/QUOTE]
Completely missed this and I don't know how.

And since I know others will mention it, there was the B1G1 glitch at Target that was only active for like 2 hours Sunday morning on the West Coast. And, well, I wasn't even up before that was over :bomb:.

But then again, there was that one night that Best Buy had a ton of games for $2.99 and I got a lot of stuff ordered - that entire sale almost flew under the radar here at CAG for some reason. (So, yeah, I don't miss every sale ;)).

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']The reason I think this one (5 for 30) is the best is because, (pending on your reason for doing, mind you), they scan x five games, hit a button and it's $32.52 (in South Carolina).

No nonsense, etc. Also, the games I've been able to find have been much better (95% of them Complete or Complete(able) with nearby rental boxes).[/QUOTE]

I agree here. The B1G1 used to be automatic, too, but they made the last one require a bar code which caused some problems for some people. But I think all these BBV deals are better than any of those other ones that I'm sure people will vote for at the end of the year because they weren't glitches (Target B1G1, AWD penny games), highly YMMV (TRU GH bundles, HP Touchpad after it initially broke), or very short term (Target B1G1, AWD penny games).

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Glad you're starting to feel better. Don't worry about trading in games. Best Buy might perma-ban you if you go in there to trade and puke on everyone. ;)[/QUOTE]

Heh - thanks. Well, shortly after I posted I decided I might try to eat for the first time in nearly 2 days. I managed to keep down a bowl of soup and I felt much better after that. So I did head out Sunday night after all. I got 2 KA at GS, then went to a BBV that was a bit farther away (but on the way to Best Buy). They had some trouble taking the game at first, but eventually did it. They didn't have a great selection (I had been there Friday night and they had pretty much the same games as they did then). But I managed to scrape together 5 games. I decided to get Dead Space 2 and Dead Rising 2. I've never been into the zombie/horror thing but I figured I might give those a shot. Then I got a few things for BBY (including a seriously leftover copy of Fallout New Vegas ;)).

Then I went to Best Buy where after 30 minutes they managed to get my trade-ins done (once again they were having computer terminal issues). After another 30 minutes they were able to price match the Skylanders bundle to TRU's $49.99 pricing plus match TRU's 2 for $10 on Skylanders figures (they had to call TRU and got put on hold for 20 minutes). This is for my son for his birthday in early December so it was nice to snag that. I didn't even get much out of KA, but this was still a great deal just spending cash at BBV to get games for BBY. I mean, you guys trading 10-30 copies of KA don't really get it that you are gonna kill off this great series of sales, do you? I've been very happy with the results of these sales spending cash at BBV for the past 2-3 years. And by spending (mostly) cash, both me and BBV get something out of it. If you aren't able to do well paying for these things up front you are doing it wrong! But sticking each store with 10 copies (the supposed max they can take) is gonna do some serious harm in the logn run.

Anyway, on the way home I managed to trade the second (and last, even if the value holds this week) KA to my local BBV. That money is just sitting on my account as they had very little to get as well - pretty much the same stuff I saw there on Friday too.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']
Left the store with 2 x Pokeparks, 2 x Wii Party's, and an Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for $16.45 out of pocket. The only way I could be happier is if this still works tomorrow. :3[/QUOTE]

See, I can't believe you people are still finding stuff like this - it was all gone day one at every store around here.

[quote name='mattcube64']I don't care that you did it; but I'm curious how you split it up... Did you buy all the copies at one GS? How many Blockbusters did you trade-in to? Did they give you funny looks?

I traded 2 copies to 3 stores for six total; and while I might have been able to get away with doubling that, I don't think I could have even done half of what you did without raising a red flag.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, seriously, I don't know how you guy even have the nerve to trade two copies at any given store. They get such few trade-ins that that is likely to get the junior detectives all up in arms. Maybe I'm just sensitive about Blockbuster trade-in since I got in trouble a few years back for trading 1 360 and 1 PS3 copy of the same game at 2 stores. One called the other and I had a temp ban on trading for a while after that. I'd never, ever, never, no way, no how, trade more than 1 copy of something to BBV as a result. It is just such an unusual thing to them (trade-ins in general) that multiples just stirs up trouble.

Actually, the Target's glitch was active on the East Coast too, and i didnt get in on the deal until about 2PM and it worked no problem. (And i got 6 games, all 60$ each)

Then ran by a second store to grab 2 3DS games, and barely got in on the deal. (The manager knew it was a glitch, but still let me get them)

2 - HP Touchpad. Just all the hoopla surrounding it was awesome, and it lasted a while.
1- Penny Games @ AMZ WD. I only managed to snag one (A penny Homefront); but kick myself at least once a week since for not ordering 50+ copies like some people did. I know one particular person turned 89 CENTS into about $1,500. That's a flip for the history books. Just insane. I always say "there will always be something better", but IMO, that deal will never, ever be beat.[/QUOTE]

ugh! I got in on every one of those except #1 - the best one. I don't like to think about it. It was one the only nights I didn't check in to cag in months.
I did get deadwood seasons 1,2, and 3, Rome season 2, and fringe season 2 for 15 bucks (after ka trade) at BBV tonight, but That blue ray box set sale from gohastings was pretty epic also. Honorable mention also goes to the 99cent blurays at bbv. The best deal of the year in general has to be best buy and their pre order bonuses trades.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dgwillia006']Actually, the Target's glitch was active on the East Coast too, and i didnt get in on the deal until about 2PM and it worked no problem. (And i got 6 games, all 60$ each)

Then ran by a second store to grab 2 3DS games, and barely got in on the deal. (The manager knew it was a glitch, but still let me get them)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know, stop rubbing it in. My points was that it was only active on the West Coast for a short time (as it got cut off everywhere around the same time). I don't think it made it past noon here. And seriously, who goes to Target before noon on a Sunday!? WTF!?

[quote name='Toss']ugh! I got in on every one of those except #1 - the best one. I don't like to think about it. It was one the only nights I didn't check in to cag in months.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't shop using cag for a few days after striking out on that sale. I stood up till 4:30 am trying to get crysis 2 for one cent. It made it worse when people got 2 to 3 copys of it and posted pictures of them lol

[quote name='io']Yeah, I know, stop rubbing it in. My points was that it was only active on the West Coast for a short time (as it got cut off everywhere around the same time). I don't think it made it past noon here. And seriously, who goes to Target before noon on a Sunday!? WTF!?[/QUOTE]

Nobody, or someone being dragged to the store who happened upon an epic deal by chance.

I would have missed it if i hadnt have checked my phone right when i got in my car after church. (I had a strange tingly feeling during church, must have been my CAG senses kicking off)

Either way, this deal is looking to be pretty epic too, hoping the local stores arent already cleaned out. Everytime i get in on one epic deal, i miss 2 more

[quote name='io']I mean, you guys trading 10-30 copies of KA don't really get it that you are gonna kill off this great series of sales, do you? I've been very happy with the results of these sales spending cash at BBV for the past 2-3 years. And by spending (mostly) cash, both me and BBV get something out of it. If you aren't able to do well paying for these things up front you are doing it wrong! But sticking each store with 10 copies (the supposed max they can take) is gonna do some serious harm in the logn run.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with you on this, IO. I actually like rewarding Blockbuster by spending tons of cash at these sales. I think I must be one of the very few here who didn't even attempt to trade 1 KA. For the people who traded huge amounts of KA, hopefully you used all your credit at each store in the same trip. I think I would be embarrassed to show my face at any of those stores on a return trip anytime soon.

Now that I think about it, I did get in on 3 out of those five deals mentioned earlier. The only ones I missed were the AWD penny games(upstairs eating and watching tv on a Saturday night for the first time in a loooong time:bomb:#-o) and the GH bundles, though I really didn't even want in on those. It's been bad enough shipping out the Black Ops bundles I got from BB for $14.99 each.:razz:

As for the people trading in 10-20 or more KA's, I too feel that this is gonna lead to either temp/perm bans for some and possibly a ban on trading of that game PERIOD. I certainly hope it's still an active flip by later today as I will probably do at least 2 per store at most in order to grab some games to play or flip.

Serious question for those of you mentioning it - and I swear I'm not trying to come off as an asshole - but does anyone *really* care if they get banned from trading in at Blockbuster?

See, I'd be crushed if Best Buy banned me, as they continuously change their offers, they take a greater variety of stuff, they have better values, more stores, and have online trade-ins where you can lock in base values. Being banned from Gamestop would also be horrible, as it's the de-facto location to do such a transaction.

But ever since Gamerush was discontinued (Oh God, how I miss Gamerush's borderline retarded offers where you could net profit on trades without leaving the store), I haven't traded a single game into Blockbuster once. It's probably been about four or five years since I traded something in with them.

Either 1) their values are awful, or 2) there's nothing to use your credit on.

I'm not saying anyone is wrong for being concerned; but it's just not a fear of mine. That, and while sure, "37 copies" might be grounds for a banning, I really don't see how they can justify banning someone for trading in a couple games to a few different stores. Sure, it's in their right to do so, but you're unquestionably following the rules. You're not scamming them, breaking laws, breaking rules, etc.

Basically, this is a really long post to say: I doubt anyone is going to get banned from Blockbuster. But if they do, is it really that much of a loss?

;p

was able to pick up

:ps3: assassin's creed brotherhood (to trade in, and of course is the only game that is scratched. going to have a friend check to see if it works since i don't yet have a ps3)
:ps3: little big planet
:ps3: dead space 2

:360: mafia II
:360: bulletstorm
:360: star wars: force unleashed II
[for me]

:wii: epic mickey
:wii: lego star wars III: clone wars
[christmas presents for niece and nephew]

hopefully will get a chance to hit up some other stores this week *crosses fingers* guy said it was the most games he's ever sold at once in his 7 years of working at BBV, haha. if they had more of a selection i would have bought more too.

[quote name='kaseyjakes']was able to pick up

:ps3: assassin's creed brotherhood (to trade in, and of course is the only game that is scratched. going to have a friend check to see if it works since i don't yet have a ps3)
:ps3: little big planet
:ps3: dead space 2

:360: mafia II
:360: bulletstorm
:360: star wars: force unleashed II
[for me]

:wii: epic mickey
:wii: lego star wars III: clone wars
[christmas presents for niece and nephew]

hopefully will get a chance to hit up some other stores this week *crosses fingers* guy said it was the most games he's ever sold at once in his 7 years of working at BBV, haha. if they had more of a selection i would have bought more too.[/QUOTE]

Eight games was the most he's ever sold at once? :lol:

Lucky you! You live in an El-Hoardo free neighborhood! :booty:

[quote name='mattcube64']Serious question for those of you mentioning it - and I swear I'm not trying to come off as an asshole - but does anyone *really* care if they get banned from trading in at Blockbuster?

See, I'd be crushed if Best Buy banned me, as they continuously change their offers, they take a greater variety of stuff, they have better values, more stores, and have online trade-ins where you can lock in base values. Being banned from Gamestop would also be horrible, as it's the de-facto location to do such a transaction.

But ever since Gamerush was discontinued (Oh God, how I miss Gamerush's borderline retarded offers where you could net profit on trades without leaving the store), I haven't traded a single game into Blockbuster once. It's probably been about four or five years since I traded something in with them.

I'm not saying anyone is wrong for being concerned; but it's just not a fear of mine. That, and while sure, "37 copies" might be grounds for a banning, I really don't see how they can justify banning someone for trading in a couple games to a few different stores. Sure, it's in their right to do so, but you're unquestionably following the rules. You're not scamming them, breaking laws, breaking rules, etc.

Basically, this is a really long post to say: I doubt anyone is going to get banned from Blockbuster. But if they do, is it really that much of a loss?

;p[/QUOTE]

Not for me. Im gonna try and trade 4 more KAs tomorrow and that will be it for me trading to BBV. I only traded one of game The Hunted into BBV.

Do bbv get restocked from corporate??
cuz everything ran out at my bbv, and if the sale goes til the end of the year, idk what they will have to sell...

[quote name='dgwillia006']Nobody, or someone being dragged to the store who happened upon an epic deal by chance.

I would have missed it if i hadnt have checked my phone right when i got in my car after church. (I had a strange tingly feeling during church, must have been my CAG senses kicking off)

Either way, this deal is looking to be pretty epic too, hoping the local stores arent already cleaned out. Everytime i get in on one epic deal, i miss 2 more

[quote name='akuma77']Do bbv get restocked from corporate??
cuz everything ran out at my bbv, and if the sale goes til the end of the year, idk what they will have to sell...[/QUOTE]

The short answer is no. The longer answer is they _might_ convert more rentals or in rare circumstances get some games from another store. Price drops to 14.99 will be your friend through the end of the year.

Ugh nerves are getting the best of me. I am waiting for 10:00 to roll around so I can see if Kinect Adventures has held it's value. Got like 4-5 hours of sleep after running around and going to a party last night.

[quote name='Huggybear1688']its not like anybody even cared except maybe a few based on posts and views, a deal is a deal and it does not matter if its posted on this site or SD, i've seen plenty of deals copied from SD and posted on here. whats it matter[/QUOTE]

It was on the frickin front page!
why the hell would you think that would help any member of CAG?
hope you got your magic "reps" :roll: from strangers for your idiocy.
and If the members here who posted and researched the titles you posted wanted them posted there (as you sure as hell didn't figure them out, they would have done it themselves.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Ugh nerves are getting the best of me. I am waiting for 10:00 to roll around so I can see if Kinect Adventures has held it's value. Got like 4-5 hours of sleep after running around and going to a party last night.[/QUOTE]

Well i willl wait till we hear from you so i know if its held its value or not before i go out and get a couple to trade in

1- Penny Games @ AMZ WD. I only managed to snag one (A penny Homefront); but kick myself at least once a week since for not ordering 50+ copies like some people did. I know one particular person turned 89 CENTS into about $1,500. That's a flip for the history books. Just insane. I always say "there will always be something better", but IMO, that deal will never, ever be beat.[/QUOTE]

Yes agree all great deals
5- got 2 guitar bundles and 7 complete band kits
4- got 6 copies of f.3.a.r
3- got 45 games at bbv
2- bought 4 touchpads
1- and the best of the year by far got 88 games for .88

I have indeed become a hoarder this year because of cag!!

Anyone here remember the Hollywood Video days ($2.99 games)? Man, I moved truckloads of games from there to BBV and GS and back again. Good times, good times... I'm still using the GS credit I piled up from those runs. :)

[quote name='akiefer']Anyone here remember the Hollywood Video days ($2.99 games)? Man, I moved truckloads of games from there to BBV and GS and back again. Good times, good times... I'm still using the GS credit I piled up from those runs. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I remember killing on gamecube games. Flipping pikmin 2/twinsnakes/mario party games. Sadly I didn't get to capitalize on this deal. My blockbuster told me that "it's against the law to buy games without upc's" - referring to my copies of KA. fuckers. The best part is that they had several preowned games on the shelf that had no upcs. Again, fuckers.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']KA is still a go. Still at $15 and nothing about not taking them.[/QUOTE]

Oh lord, time to call more local bbv to see if any others still accept trade ins.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']KA is still a go. Still at $15 and nothing about not taking them.[/QUOTE]

Wish the 3 stores I goto would've taken them... Oh well, full price was still pretty lucrative. Just. Ugh. That potential is right there to be so much more so.

[quote name='vicks']Wish the 3 stores I goto would've taken them... Oh well, full price was still pretty lucrative. Just. Ugh. That potential is right there to be so much more so.[/QUOTE]

I actually lucked out and had some copies of red faction from the gamefly sale. Assuming the value has held this week it's still a very good flip at 7.99 > 19.00.

[quote name='mattcube64']Serious question for those of you mentioning it - and I swear I'm not trying to come off as an asshole - but does anyone *really* care if they get banned from trading in at Blockbuster?

;p[/QUOTE]
As someone who has been banned from Gamestop, I can say that it does kinda suck not having that place to trade stuff into. Yet I'm kinda relieved that I no longer have to hear their 'omg if you don't pre-order (game that'll be widely available) you'll NEVER find it anywhere' bullshit line.

But if I got banned from trading to Blockbuster I would likely miss it for the ability to flip titles there for these sales. It's nice to not have to pay fully in cash for your purchases to play/flip.;)
[quote name='akiefer']Anyone here remember the Hollywood Video days ($2.99 games)? Man, I moved truckloads of games from there to BBV and GS and back again. Good times, good times... I'm still using the GS credit I piled up from those runs. :)[/QUOTE]
I don't remember the $2.99 games, but I remember their $5 used sales. Those made me so much credit so quickly at GS it wasn't even funny. It helped that they also had a '$20 towards any purchase' promo going on at that point and that if you didn't say anything you could just bank the bumped tiv's onto a gc.;)

That was also when I ended up with two spare Dual Shock 3's for $15 each(from those controller/game packs) after trading in 3 of the $5 games to GS per transaction, then trading the games from those packs back into the next GS and so on.:)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']As someone who has been banned from Gamestop, I can say that it does kinda suck not having that place to trade stuff into. Yet I'm kinda relieved that I no longer have to hear their 'omg if you don't pre-order (game that'll be widely available) you'll NEVER find it anywhere' bullshit line.

But if I got banned from trading to Blockbuster I would likely miss it for the ability to flip titles there for these sales. It's nice to not have to pay fully in cash for your purchases to play/flip.;)

I don't remember the $2.99 games, but I remember their $5 used sales. Those made me so much credit so quickly at GS it wasn't even funny. It helped that they also had a '$20 towards any purchase' promo going on at that point and that if you didn't say anything you could just bank the bumped tiv's onto a gc.;)

That was also when I ended up with two spare Dual Shock 3's for $15 each(from those controller/game packs) after trading in 3 of the $5 games to GS per transaction, then trading the games from those packs back into the next GS and so on.:)[/QUOTE]

Stories like This are making me even more mad that I didn't join cag a few years ago lol. Oh the stuff that I missed out on

[quote name='strait edge follower']Stories like This are making me even more mad that I didn't join cag a few years ago lol. Oh the stuff that I missed out on[/QUOTE]
Believe me, I was annoyed when I first joined CAG and people kept posting about getting Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 for PS2 and Xbox for $5 a copy from Circuit City on clearance.:whistle2:# Mind ya, before they went under I also got quite a few titles from CC thanks to the thread that used to exist for that store's clearance. Albeit sometimes you'd get a manager whose team wasn't keeping the stickers up to date and when stuff would ring up $5 instead of the marked $50 they'd have a hissy fit and ask you how you knew it'd ring up cheap. That's why I don't miss that chain at all, since the ignorant managers would wholly discount that someone might know more than them because they can find prices on the internet.;)

Although when they were still around Best Buy at least did their own clearances on some games occasionally. As of late you rarely see a really GOOD(read: cheap) clearance price on games there.:roll:

[quote name='herpderp118']so on sunday/monday they supposedly convert rentals into preowned games?

can anyone confirm theres new stock of pre owned gameS?[/QUOTE]

Yes they did some transfers, well at least mine did. They did transfers for 5 copys of gears 3 and 1 copy of pga 11. I know that sucks doesn't it

bread's done
Back