The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

See here for the deal: http://www.blockbuster.com/stores

There used to be a coupon to print for it, but now stores should have the bar code to scan at the register.  If not, show them their own web page (above) and maybe they will figure it out.

See BlockbusterGuy's thread for a list of titles eligible under (and commonly found at BBV) for the promo:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310423-blockbuster-video-4th-of-july-sale-bogo/

Coming July 2nd: B1G1 free on games $29.99 and under

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that anything below here might be out of date. To be honest, I have no idea if Blockbuster even takes games for trade-in any more!

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos, post any trade-in values you have obtained, and discuss new and used game selection and availability. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Blockbuster store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (BBVto Amazon to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from BBV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit will be placed onto your store account
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Depending on state law you may or may not get sales tax added to your trade-ins (and thus get more than normal). You will always be charged sales tax where applicable on purchases.

Current Trade-In Deals
There are no trade-in deals at this time nor have there been for a very very long time. They did however just recently cut down all their trade-in values to Gamestop-like levels (but without deals to make them more appealing as at GS).

Trade-In Values

Trade-in prices are usually universal at Blockbuster, but can be wildly different at franchise Blockbuster stores. Used game prices change on Monday. We are not currently sure when trade-in values get updated but a few years ago it used to be on Mondays. Any quotes given in this thread may thus be good through Sunday of the current week. If you want to be sure to get the same value another CAG has reported then do your trading by Sunday as the price may drop on Monday.

Also note that many stores will no longer accept video games without cover art. This is the official policy for DVD trade-ins but apparently many clerks will confuse the two and not allow it for games either. Just beware that it might be a hassle if you have a disc-only game to trade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Blockbuster/Gamerush Threads (dating back to June 2005!):
1 (by no means the first one but the earliest that can be found - check it out for some drama)
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fukurou']A Blockbuster near me is also closing down. Despite all the horror stories I'm hearing here about the prices, they told me that everything more expensive than $10 will drop down to $10, not counting hardware. Anything less than $10 will probably be 50% off or something.[/QUOTE]

For movies, that's probably true, but not for games. No way they drop all games to $10 or less. More likely they raise the price back to MSRP, then take 20% off.

[quote name='osuzoo08']my store must be rare they are hiring right now[/QUOTE]
Just noticed mine put out a now hiring sign a few days ago also.

I'm still amazed all mine went out of business. I mean maybe the ones in Ocean City, MD I can understand since they're only busy during warmer months...but they cleaned up during warm months. The one by me in Salisbury MD though there was ALWAYS people in there. I assume it closed down more to do with property rental prices than anything.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Just noticed mine put out a now hiring sign a few days ago also.[/QUOTE]

Dont be fooled, at a drop of a hat they may close down!

The hollywood video near where I lived did just that!

They hired some people, 3 months later it was closing down.

[quote name='osuzoo08']my store must be rare they are hiring right now[/QUOTE]

Mine actually was hiring the week before the liquidation started. Don't be too surprised if it still closes.

[quote name='applecider']Mine actually was hiring the week before the liquidation started. Don't be too surprised if it still closes.[/QUOTE]

same here. Now hiring signs and brand new store layout a month ago. Today, store closing signs. At least theres some really awesome new fixtures for sale?

[quote name='Gertle627']Anyone know if the B1G1 sale is still going on? I might be willing to take a drive later[/QUOTE]

I was at a store yesterday and the current sale is B2G1.

I was in my old town and saw the Blockbuster was closing so I stopped in. Games were picked over pretty well (and priced like crap for the most part). Ended up getting The Invincible Iron Man animated movie for $5 and then Rambo: First Blood and the new Rambo for 99 cents (in paper sleeves).

Then I saw a crate full of those cardboard video game place card holders marked 20 for $1 (and in true Pennsyltucky fashion, there was a sign over them that said "GREAT FOR TARGET PRACTICE". I grabbed some for games I have and in the last few found the one I wanted most, Left 4 Dead 2. I think the newest I saw was around Borderlands 2. Oh, and I also bought a Sprite that was 40% off too.

And yeah, everything was for sale. Shelves, equipment that looked like it printed receipts or did scanning, computer monitors, etc. Also a shelf full of disney figurines for $5 each including Beetlejuice, Tinkerbell and others. And some Star Wars ones on the other side.

Ok guys like I promised...
This weeks special is buy 2 movies or games and get 1 movie or game free...
used prices that were just marked down...
NDS
happy feet 7.99
kirby mass attack 14.99
lego harry potter years 4 to 8 14.99
lego lord of the ring 17.99
lego pirates 7.99
scribblenauts 7.99
WiiU
ass creed 3 39.99
batman 39.99
cod 39.99
epic mickey 2 39.99
just dance 4 34.99
madden 13 39.99
new super mario 49.99
tekken tag 2 34.99
zombie U 39.99
PS3
xmen destiny 17.99
fifa 12 19.99
007 legends 29.99
anarchy reigns 29.99
ass cream revelations 14.99 (yup I did that on purpose):booty:
ass creed 3 49.99
batman AA 17.99
battlefield 3 17.99 (some copies might include kurkland pack)
battleship 19.99
ben 10 omniverse 19.99
spec ops 14.99
bodycount 14.99
borderlands 2 34.99
brink 6.99 (still too much):cool:
cod mw 3 19.99
call of juarez 14.99
captain america 17.99
darksiders 2 34.99
dead or alive 5 24.99
DMC 39.99
dishonored 39.99
epic mickey 2 29.99
phineas and fer 14.99
doom 3 bfg 19.99
dragon's dogma 34.99
dungeon siege 3 17.99
skyrim 29.99
f1 17.99
fifa 13 39.99
fifa street 27.99
game of thrones 17.99
ghost recon advance war fighter 7.99
green lantern 17.99
harry potter 12.99 (dont know which one)
history of legends patton 29.99
infamous 2 14.99
killzone 3 9.99
kingdoms of amalur 29.99
lego harry potter years 1-4 14.99
LOTR war of the north 17.99
madden 12 14.99
madden 13 44.99
mass effect 3 19.99
max payne 19.99
MOH warfighter 19.99
MIB 3 17.99
mlb the show 12 19.99
naruto shippuden 39.99
nascar inside line 27.99
ncaa football 13 39.99
10 2.99
11 7.99
12 9.99
ni no juni 49.99
ninja gaiden 3 19.99
persona 4 19.99
protoype 2 27.99
rage 12.99
resident evil operation 19.99
resistance 3 17.99
rise of the guardians 24.99
saints row the turd 27.99
sonic the hedgehog 12.99
soul caliber v 17.99
spider man edge of time 19.99
ssx 19.99
starhawk 19.99
syndicate 17.99
tekken tag 2 34.99
darkness 2 19.99
ghost recon (newone) 17.99
top spin 4 17.99
ufc 3 24.99
uncharted 3 17.99
warhammer 40k 12.99
wwe 13 44.99
xcom 34.99
move champions 2.99
move start party 7.99
x360
ice age continental 19.99
kinect star wars 19.99
kinect biggest loser 19.99
kinect child of eden 19.99
kinect disneyland 17.99
kinect gunstringer 19.99
kinect just dance 3 17.99
kinect kinectanimals 17.99
kinect kung fu panda 19.99
kinect rise of nightmare 12.99
kinect sesame street 14.99
kinect black eyed peas 14.99
kinect avengers 34.99
asura wrath 19.99
duke nukem 6.99
family game night 4 17.99
fifa 12 24.99
final fantasy xiii-2 14.99
forza 4 29.99
forza horizon 34.99
gears 3 17.99
golden eye reloaded 19.99
halo 4 39.99
halo combat evolve 19.99
007 bloodstone 12.99
la noire 14.99
read dead redemption 17.99
red faction armaggedon 7.99
RE 6 24.99
sniper elite v2 24.99
street fighter x tekken 19.99
witcher 2 27.99
two worlds 9.99
please keep in mind all prices are the same for ps3 and 360 so if i didnt mention it on the x360 side we do have it and for the same price as ps3
Wii
cod BO 19.99
cod mw 9.99
cars 2 12.99
epic mickey 2 19.99
disney universe 9.99
driver SF 19.99
fortune street 19.99
ice age continental 14.99
just dance 2 17.99
just dance 4 27.99
kirby collection 27.99
kirby return to dream land 29.99
zelda skyward 29.99
madden 10 9.99
13 34.99
MIB 3 17.99
raving rabbids travel 9.99
rayman orgins 14.99
rise of guardians 17.99
spiderman edge of time 14.99
wwe 13 34.99
12 19.99

1.Those are the price changes for this round keep in mind we do have other games they just didnt change price.
2.Promos change every week and start on tuesday
3.yes we do take in trade ins but only if we dont have any in stock or quantity limit reached. example MAG at Gamestop .99C we trade for $4 but only 3 after that computer locks it.
4. some games have dlc or online code just ask manager. we are suppose to take it out and give it up when ppl buy it used.
5.questions? ill try to answer...

[quote name='DCpinoy']There's a B2G1 sale going on for used games. There's a thread here on CAG talking about it.[/QUOTE]

All that talk should have been in this thread though. Whatever though.

Otherwise I wouldn't mind a B1G1 instead.

[quote name='BlockbusterGuy']Memorial Day sale will be buy 1 get 1 free and possible price drop again will keep you guys updated[/QUOTE]

Sweet! Thanks or the head-up man. I'll be keeping an eye open for any updates.

[quote name='LXL_Guy']All that talk should have been in this thread though. Whatever though.

Otherwise I wouldn't mind a B1G1 instead.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BlockbusterGuy']Memorial Day sale will be buy 1 get 1 free and possible price drop again will keep you guys updated[/QUOTE]

If this sale happens I'll update this thread and keep the talk in here for sure. Just when I thought BBV was completely dead there is a glimmer of hope.

I'll have to keep an eye on this thread now. . . Thanks!

Lady and worms

Memorial Day sale May 21st to May 27

Buy 1 get 1 free movies
Buy 1 get 1 free games (29.99 and under :shock::bouncy:)
75% off toys and collectibles

Now there might be a price drop but I won't know until Thursday or Friday if not look at my list that I posted 2 or 3 pages ago.

If you have a chance to score a gold halo POP! Figure at 75% Do it! 9.99 with discount about 2.75. The gold figurine is exclusive to blockbuster so no other retail will have it. Put that baby in the closet and in 2 to 3 years that will be worth a lot of money when blockbuster closes all stores!! Going about $60 at eBay

[quote name='BlockbusterGuy']Lady and worms

Buy 1 get 1 free movies

Now there might be a price drop but I won't know until Thursday or Friday if not look at my list that I posted 2 or 3 pages ago.

If you have a chance to score a gold halo POP! Figure at 75% Do it! 9.99 with discount about 2.75. The gold figurine is exclusive to blockbuster so no other retail will have it. Put that baby in the closet and in 2 to 3 years that will be worth a lot of money when blockbuster closes all stores!! Going about $60 at eBay[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update! I plan on doing a bit of traveling during the days of the sale so might as well hit up some blockbusters along my way. :D Thanks again!

Buy 1 get 1 free movies

[/QUOTE]

awesome, can't wait for the sale to go live

The Blockbuster in Greensboro near me is closing on the 30th. Went earlier this evening and got a PS3 Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen 50% off, paid $17.50. Also picked up 20 back cards for a dollar.

Well, hopefully the one left within 20 miles is not in store closing mode. That usually happens right around when there is a decent sale #-o.

Wow, I just now saw that one of the two I had left within a 30 mile radius has now closed. It's going to have to be one hell of a sale for me to drive the hour round trip to hit that one last store. They are usually pretty well stocked, though, so it might actually be worth it.

Buy 1 get 1 free movies

If you have a chance to score a gold halo POP! Figure at 75% Do it! 9.99 with discount about 2.75. The gold figurine is exclusive to blockbuster so no other retail will have it. Put that baby in the closet and in 2 to 3 years that will be worth a lot of money when blockbuster closes all stores!! Going about $60 at eBay[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely stop by and take a look. I wish BBV sold Vita games though. :(

Woot, after a bit of scoping out, the area of Ohio I'm moving to has exactly 1 Blockbuster thats barely 10 minutes from my new place. Hope they still sell games though...

Hmmm... Just used the store locator and it says I have 4 near by. Actually one is pretty close to where I work apparently, but I will have to scope it out first as I haven't seen it while driving.

Sweet. I know of only two blockbusters left in Colorado Springs, one of my favorite out of the way ones is closing in a couple of weeks, but the goldmine is walking distance from my house and i believe there is a good selection of 29.99 and under. And maybe ill run into my cag buddy Brother Daz!

[quote name='JUSTSULTAN']Sweet. I know of only two blockbusters left in Colorado Springs, one of my favorite out of the way ones is closing in a couple of weeks, but the goldmine is walking distance from my house and i believe there is a good selection of 29.99 and under. And maybe ill run into my cag buddy Brother Daz![/QUOTE]
Lol oh you know you'll be seeing me there. Which store is closing? Falcon?

No the one by in colorado city, on 31st. Falcon already closed earlier this year. The only one left is down by Ft. Carson!

[quote name='JUSTSULTAN']No the one by in colorado city, on 31st. Falcon already closed earlier this year. The only one left is down by Ft. Carson![/QUOTE]
Oh damn, I didn't know falcon closed. As long as the one by us stays open I'll be happy. Let me know if you head down to the store on 31st and if there is anything good. I may make the trip if its worth it.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Oh damn, I didn't know falcon closed. As long as the one by us stays open I'll be happy. Let me know if you head down to the store on 31st and if there is anything good. I may make the trip if its worth it.[/QUOTE]

All i saw where a few DMC and Syndicates and something else i cant recall, all in all they had 20 games with multiple titles, slim pickings, and i only realized they where closing when driving back from Garden of the Gods. Sad, sad, sad. :cry:

[quote name='JUSTSULTAN']All i saw where a few DMC and Syndicates and something else i cant recall, all in all they had 20 games with multiple titles, slim pickings, and i only realized they where closing when driving back from Garden of the Gods. Sad, sad, sad. :cry:[/QUOTE]
Right on, thanks.

Thanks, the last Blockbuster in my area has been a good source of cheapo games. I could get more there

[quote name='BlockbusterGuy']heads up guys...
we are starting to give out Memorial Day ads this Friday and in the ad there's a coupon for 50% off any used game 19.99 or under!![/QUOTE]

I picked up the ad today, but important to note, there are 5 different coupons, each is good for one specific week over the next 5 weeks. The 50% any used game coupon is good the week of June 25th. It's not good right away.

But the B1G1 sale is still on for tomorrow? I'm assuming it's like the past sales where there is a barcode that the employee has to scan (which they won't know anything about). I'm planning on heading out there before the MS presser.

BlockbusterGuy:

So this starts tomorrow (Tues) and runs through Monday, right? And it is B1G1 $29.99 and under?

I want to make sure I have the details all correct before I put it in the title and OP. Usually in the past I'd verify this stuff in person at my local BBV. But, well, I don't have one of those any more...

Is the movie sale for any priced-movies? And the 75% off toys and collectibles is a go too?

bread's done
Back