The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

See here for the deal: http://www.blockbuster.com/stores

There used to be a coupon to print for it, but now stores should have the bar code to scan at the register.  If not, show them their own web page (above) and maybe they will figure it out.

See BlockbusterGuy's thread for a list of titles eligible under (and commonly found at BBV) for the promo:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310423-blockbuster-video-4th-of-july-sale-bogo/

Coming July 2nd: B1G1 free on games $29.99 and under

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that anything below here might be out of date. To be honest, I have no idea if Blockbuster even takes games for trade-in any more!

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos, post any trade-in values you have obtained, and discuss new and used game selection and availability. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Blockbuster store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (BBVto Amazon to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from BBV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit will be placed onto your store account
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Depending on state law you may or may not get sales tax added to your trade-ins (and thus get more than normal). You will always be charged sales tax where applicable on purchases.

Current Trade-In Deals
There are no trade-in deals at this time nor have there been for a very very long time. They did however just recently cut down all their trade-in values to Gamestop-like levels (but without deals to make them more appealing as at GS).

Trade-In Values

Trade-in prices are usually universal at Blockbuster, but can be wildly different at franchise Blockbuster stores. Used game prices change on Monday. We are not currently sure when trade-in values get updated but a few years ago it used to be on Mondays. Any quotes given in this thread may thus be good through Sunday of the current week. If you want to be sure to get the same value another CAG has reported then do your trading by Sunday as the price may drop on Monday.

Also note that many stores will no longer accept video games without cover art. This is the official policy for DVD trade-ins but apparently many clerks will confuse the two and not allow it for games either. Just beware that it might be a hassle if you have a disc-only game to trade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Blockbuster/Gamerush Threads (dating back to June 2005!):
1 (by no means the first one but the earliest that can be found - check it out for some drama)
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey HB,

I see a lot of these electronic/toy items with clearance stickers on them. does that mean that it's 50% off the clearance sticker or is the clearance price the final price?

I see a lot of these electronic/toy items with clearance stickers on them. does that mean that it's 50% off the clearance sticker or is the clearance price the final price?
it should be off the original price as we weren't supposed to put clearance stickers on them but we know how well everyone reads our communication updates. we were just supposed to have signs up saying 50% off. so maybe the clearance sticker is the 50% off price already but i really couldnt tell you for sure one way or the other. just have them scan the item and they can tell you for sure.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']you rent a $2.99 movie then they scan the coupon to activate it to your acct. then they scan the $1.99 title and then we have another barcode we scan to take off the $1.99 title.

the key part is the coupon you bring in which activates it to the acct and then a little message pops up everytime we pull up your acct. when you rent something we scan your movie and we scan our barcode to give you the free rental. no other rental is necesssary. this promo runs thru 7/4 so you could go in everyday if you want and get a free movie.[/QUOTE]

Sorry if I missed it, where can I get this coupon?
Thanks hawaiiboy >

Sorry if I missed it, where can I get this coupon?

facebook. twitter. or just go into the store and we can do it but you might get the employee confused so it would just be easier if print it from facebook/twitter and bring it in.

Wooo went to a second store! Got a pretty good haul

First of all, I called up there to see if he had Alan Wake and he even asked if I wanted him to hold it. So I said yeah. Thought that was pretty cool

2nd haul:

Alan Wake - 10
Mirrors Edge (PS3) - 10
Mass Effect 2 -10
Brain Age 2 (DS) - 10

Singularity - 15
Assassins Creed 2 -15
Fallout New Vegas -15
Toy Story 3 (Wii) - 15

Also grabbed 5 blu-rays

Brooklyns Finest
Star Trek
Ghost Writer
Batman Gotham Knights
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen

8 games, 5 blu-rays total of $73.
Last haul: $53

16 games, 5 blu-rays: $126

Had a little mess up when they rang it up. They rang a 14.99 and a 9.99 game together, so I had to go back in there after i got my Culver's and get them to return/rebuy thing. It took a sec but wasnt too long.

Really glad I grabbed Singularity with Alan Wake.

Funny thing about the Mass Effect 2 I bought. Back during the last sale, I bought a ME2 from them and a UFC Undisputed. The ME2 had a crappy disc, so I trade it with the UFC one and then traded it in to Best Buy like 2-3 weeks ago. This ME2 I buy today has the WWE holographic sticker on the outside, just like the UFC case did that I traded in. If I remember correctly, the one I traded in had one as well cause I was worried they werent gonna accept it but its hard to notice when its all shiny.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']facebook. twitter. or just go into the store and we can do it but you might get the employee confused so it would just be easier if print it from facebook/twitter and bring it in.[/QUOTE]

Hate to be a giant pain in the ass, but I'mma need your help HB.

Lemme start off by saying the BBV I went to had a SHIT TON of stuff, it was ridiculous. It totally blows the other BBV I went to, away. They had a ton of used games, and lots of accessories and stuff on Clearance. The staff however, left much to be desired, despite holding Tats vs. Capcom for me.

So I go in with my 2 games I bought on the 25th (3 days ago) and I ask if I can just exchange one of the $14.99 titles for Tats vs. Cap (another $14.99 title), or if I could just return both and rebuy since I have my receipt and it's been only 3 days. It's not like the other BBV had Tats vs. Capcom, the hell was I supposed to do? The guy flat-out refused and gave me a hard time saying all purchases are final. Since when? It's been 3 days and I have my receipt and everything I purchased!

It gets better. So I give in and pay $15, and pick up a copy of Bayonetta (the only $15 game that was any good, they had a ton of great $7 + $10 games though, so I'll probably be back despite this). I'm looking through the accessories and I find a fucking Wii Zapper and almost crap myself thinking "WHOA, a new Wii Zapper with Link's Crossbow Training for only $10? WHAT A STEAL." I've been in the market for one since I don't own any yet and I love railshooters. The tag has $20 on it, but then it has a special Clearance tag on that saying $15, so I'm thinking either I'm getting it for $7.50, or $10, either way sounds great. The other guy who rings it up says it's $15, and I'm like.. but it's not. It's 50% off, and he says, nope, it's on clearance blah blah blah. This guy was nicer than the other one, he told me just to wait for the price to drop again but told me that someone would probably jump on it soon.

So, I left rather frustrated as you'd imagine. On the bright side Tats vs. Capcom came in amazing condition, manual, art insert and all. So I was happy about that, and like I said earlier, I KNOW I'll be back. Too much loot to pass up.

EDIT: SEE, A RETURN/REBUY ^ WHAT IS SO RIDICULOUS ABOUT THAT? >: (

I had sworn that I was done with this sale, but I went out in search of 2 copies of Crackdown 2 today and ended up with 10 more games....! Only one store in the area had more than 1 copy of C2 (and only 2 stores total had it at all, but they were nice enough to hold both for me. Co-op city destruction, yes please.

Also got -

Killzone 2 14.99
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 Free
Risen 9.99
Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts Free
Heavenly Sword 14.99
FO:NV Free (not even hugely interested in this, but for 7.50, why the hell not?)
De Blob 9.99
Civ Rev Free

That makes either 14 or 16 games total from this sale. As much as I enjoy Blockbuster's woes giving me great deals, I kinda hope they turn it around so I can get a breather.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']A RETURN/REBUY ^ WHAT IS SO RIDICULOUS ABOUT THAT? >: ([/QUOTE]

It's blockbuster. All sales are final unless they dont work. It's just their policy. Don't try to compare them to another retailer where this process is perfectly legitimate.

Even returns fir legitimate reasons - I.e. They don't work can be a huge pain in the ass.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I had sworn that I was done with this sale, but I went out in search of 2 copies of Crackdown 2 today and ended up with 10 more games....! Only one store in the area had more than 1 copy of C2 (and only 2 stores total had it at all, but they were nice enough to hold both for me. Co-op city destruction, yes please.

Also got -

Killzone 2 14.99
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 Free
Risen 9.99
Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts Free
Heavenly Sword 14.99
FO:NV Free (not even hugely interested in this, but for 7.50, why the hell not?)
De Blob 9.99
Civ Rev Free

That makes either 14 or 16 games total from this sale. As much as I enjoy Blockbuster's woes giving me great deals, I kinda hope they turn it around so I can get a breather.[/QUOTE]

I know exactly how you feel. It was easier when the only inventory I saw was @ that one dinky BBV, most I was gonna pick up was Bioshock 2 + Ghostbusters for $10 total. But when I went to this new one, I was dying especially with the $7 and $10 titles, Christ. FO: NV can be flipped if you really don't want it, but it's worth $20 easy. If you like it enough, I'm sure you wouldn't mind springing full-price for the GotY edition.

@ Daminion

There could at least be some sort of warning. I've seen people post rebuys/returns in this thread plenty, I didn't know it was YMMV. The guy said that I could only exchange a game for a copy of the same game if it didn't work. Just, fuck. Nothing I can do about that now, but I'm hoping HB can help me out with this Wii Zapper thing which is absolute crap.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']
@ Daminion

There could at least be some sort of warning. I've seen people post rebuys/returns in this thread plenty, I didn't know it was YMMV. The guy said that I could only exchange a game for a copy of the same game if it didn't work. Just, fuck. Nothing I can do about that now, but I'm hoping HB can help me out with this Wii Zapper thing which is absolute crap.[/QUOTE]

What's HB supposed to help you with? You said that the clearance tag said $15, and it rang up at $15. So, the zapper costs $15. At least the employee was nice enough to tell you that it might drop more if you want to wait.

[quote name='chiwii']What's HB supposed to help you with? You said that the clearance tag said $15, and it rang up at $15. So, the zapper costs $15. At least the employee was nice enough to tell you that it might drop more if you want to wait.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's why I mentioned that the employee was at least niceR. I suppose I could have highlighted that he tried to bait me to buy it by pointing out that someone might be all over it if I waited 'till the price drop. :/ I just wanted HB to clarify why the Wii Zapper isn't part of the 50% off all game accessories sale, and whether or not this is something that BBV is supposed to be doing. What's the harm in that?

Just to add something. I overheard the one guy who looked like a manager say to ring up the 14.99 then the 9.99 as I was walking back with another game. Im not sure if he understood what he was doing, cause when I went back in there it made sense to him. But whatever, i got it cleared up.

[quote name='imacgod']And if you're looking for HDMI cables, I'd highly recommend picking some up at Blockbusters. They were $14.99 at my store, so I picked up one for $7.50. Even cheaper than Amazon's generic cables.[/QUOTE]
You could buy a box of generic HDMI cables for $50-ish on eBay almost any day of the week.

Or buy a single one from Meritline during a sale for $.99 plus shipping.

There are definitely other options out there for HDMI cables rather than paying even $6-8 each.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You could buy a box of generic HDMI cables for $50-ish on eBay almost any day of the week.

Or buy a single one from Meritline during a sale for $.99 plus shipping.

There are definitely other options out there for HDMI cables rather than paying even $6-8 each.;)[/QUOTE]

True cheapest, but you still have the shipping to deal with. At places like monoprice (which I love) it does add a considerable amount to the cost. So, for like 7 bucks or so to have the cable in your hand at that moment, it's really a pretty good deal for a 25ft cable. Granted it's not high speed, but 1.3 is still a pretty good rating.

Also, could somebody tell me which version(s) of MUA 2 are 14.99? I thought that was still at 19.99 for the PS3 and 360.

[quote name='bgame2']True cheapest, but you still have the shipping to deal with. At places like monoprice (which I love) it does add a considerable amount to the cost. So, for like 7 bucks or so to have the cable in your hand at that moment, it's really a pretty good deal for a 25ft cable. Granted it's not high speed, but 1.3 is still a pretty good rating.[/QUOTE]
Wait. That was for a 25 foot cable? Damn. I retract my statement then cuz even the 25 footers are $10-15 or more on eBay I think.:whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Wait. That was for a 25 foot cable? Damn. I retract my statement then cuz even the 25 footers are $10-15 or more on eBay I think.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Maybe we're all confusing each other. There are 25 footers in my stores for 19.99 regular price. I believe right now they are 10.00 as a result of the 50% off. On the 6th they would fall to 5.00!

[quote name='bgame2']

Also, could somebody tell me which version(s) of MUA 2 are 14.99? I thought that was still at 19.99 for the PS3 and 360.[/QUOTE]

I know the xbox version is $14.99

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Wait. That was for a 25 foot cable? Damn. I retract my statement then cuz even the 25 footers are $10-15 or more on eBay I think.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Woah. Mine was only a 3 meter one. Perhaps it would've been better to wait for them to drop to closer to $3 since there was an abundance of them. Oh well. Way to bring me down after what I thought was some decent hauling... :cry:

But seriously, to dodge shipping, waiting, and/or dealing with eBay, I think some people wouldn't mind paying nearly the same price for the same cable, which is how I feel about it anyway.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']EDIT: SEE, A RETURN/REBUY ^ WHAT IS SO RIDICULOUS ABOUT THAT? >: (

i went to my local bbv to buy games but i didnt find any good ones though right when i was going to leave i noticed there was a wall that said 50% off and saw microsoft points 4000 points for 24.99 i was thinking what the.... and noticed there was 8 of the old little casing points with 4 wireless mics being 19.99 and some other stuff a live camera and a 12 month of live bundle for 39.99 i also saw a slim 160 gig PS3 for 262.99 i dont know if its new but it was just the display box i only got one point box theres still alot of stuff.. in there.....

Besides some games, I also picked up a Blockbuster 2Wire On-Demand box for 10 bucks. I have no idea why, but I thought maybe someone had hacks for it :p. Seems doubtful at the moment.

Really? No price drops for this sale? They have 20 copies, at least, of Force Unleashed II at 19.99. Whatever ... HIboy said there will be another sale in July. I can wait ... otherwise, ask your local store if they will let you buy a 19.99 game and get the 14.99 and under free b/c one near me lets me do that.

[quote name='xV3LOCITYx']i went to my local bbv to buy games but i didnt find any good ones though right when i was going to leave i noticed there was a wall that said 50% off and saw microsoft points 4000 points for 24.99 i was thinking what the.... and noticed there was 8 of the old little casing points with 4 wireless mics being 19.99 and some other stuff a live camera and a 12 month of live bundle for 39.99 i also saw a slim 160 gig PS3 for 262.99 i dont know if its new but it was just the display box i only got one point box theres still alot of stuff.. in there.....[/QUOTE]

Raid that stuff on the 6th, definitely.

@imac

I wish I had known how YMMV returns were, earlier. I guess I'm happy with my purchase, but that was $15 I was not planning to spend. I could live without a used Bayonetta or a used RE: Umbrella Chronicles, I'd rather have picked up Mass Effect 1 + Bioshock 2 for $10. But, bleh. I at least want some info on why the hell the Zapper is immune to this 50% sale.

Yeah, the price drops were pretty bad but I think that was on purpose to avoid feeding this sale. Hopefully next weekend'll be better.

I can understand the no "Return" rule. But it pisses me off when i find an awesome game, only to realize its scratched to hell (Or doesnt work for some reason). Then go to another store, and practically have to argue with the employee to just let me swap discs.

Only reason i havent brought some of these cheap accessories. Have seen on a few occasions the employee turning down the swap (If they didnt have the exact same game), or actually testing it. (Even if the damn disc is scratched to hell and back)

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Raid that stuff on the 6th, definitely.

@imac

I wish I had known how YMMV returns were, earlier. I guess I'm happy with my purchase, but that was $15 I was not planning to spend. I could live without a used Bayonetta or a used RE: Umbrella Chronicles, I'd rather have picked up Mass Effect 1 + Bioshock 2 for $10. But, bleh. I at least want some info on why the hell the Zapper is immune to this 50% sale.[/QUOTE]

I am completely speculating and have no concrete evidence for this, but maybe the BBV computer system doesn't consider the Zapper to be a "game accessory" or a "general item." Maybe the computer system thinks it's a "new game" and doesn't consider it a part of the sale.

...wow, I make it sound like the evil supercomputer in Tron. :p

Or maybe the BBV employee is a complete dick, lied to you, and wants to keep the zapper at the store so he can buy it for 75% off later.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I am completely speculating and have no concrete evidence for this, but maybe the BBV computer system doesn't consider the Zapper to be a "game accessory" or a "general item." Maybe the computer system thinks it's a "new game" and doesn't consider it a part of the sale.

...wow, I make it sound like the evil supercomputer in Tron. :p

Or maybe the BBV employee is a complete dick, lied to you, and wants to keep the zapper at the store so he can buy it for 75% off later.[/QUOTE]

Lol, I actually was JUST thinking about the latter. That'd be such a dick move, $10 is a steal for it, but he seemed nicer than that and did kinda try shoving it on me for $15. But at least you understand my frustration! I'm just gonna wait on HB to at least tell me the 50% accessory sale is YMMV, at least in the case of Wii Zappers.

@ DG

Yeah I see the return policy's point too. I'm too used to GS' return policy where if it was less than a week I can do it, no questions asked, and it's generally not assumed that I played through it and beat it and wanna return it for a new game. I wish there was a way to prove I hadn't even put it in my Wii yet. I guess it's more that I was under the impression returns within a week were fine, because I even asked at the other BBV when I bought the 2 games how long I had to return it if there was a problem, (I believe I posted about that wayyyy earlier in the thread) and that most people in here are doing return/rebuys no problem.

my grrl went back and got another nightmare before xmas plush blanket and a big Link wall decal thing. Considering my son's name is Link, I couldnt say no. and my name is Jack Skellington, so i couldnt say no to that either ;) altho i keep telling her to wait til the clearance is more discounted :)

[quote name='Velo214']my grrl went back and got another nightmare before xmas plush blanket and a big Link wall decal thing. Considering my son's name is Link, I couldnt say no. and my name is Jack Skellington, so i couldnt say no to that either ;) altho i keep telling her to wait til the clearance is more discounted :)[/QUOTE]

Lol! My girlfriend also has a Nightmare before Christmas blanket (I'm actually using it as I type right now). I can't say I blame her for wanting to buy it now. *shrugs* Quite the set of names you have over there.

at least tell me the 50% accessory sale is YMMV

the 50% accessory sale is not YMMV but the only thing i can think of is since it comes with a game that in our system its classified as a retail game making it part of the 25% off sale. since it was tagged at $20 but with a clearance price of $15 making it 25% off. i could check the system to see how its listed but i'm off til monday.

i don't know where all these stores have been keeping all the accessories but like i mentioned earlier our district hasn't stocked accessories for at least a good 2 yrs or more.

its totally a ymmv on how stores handle returns. bbv in general used to track our credits and give us a hard time if our credits were too high therefore you will get the stores that will give you a hard time. if a game is defective you can exchange it for the same title within 30 days. if we dont have that game we'll let you grab something else. as for return/rebuys i think most stores will give you a hard time as we usually only do returns for something that doesnt work. but once again its ymmv and you could go to the same store and ask 2 managers and get different answers.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']the 50% accessory sale is not YMMV but the only thing i can think of is since it comes with a game that in our system its classified as a retail game making it part of the 25% off sale. since it was tagged at $20 but with a clearance price of $15 making it 25% off. i could check the system to see how its listed but i'm off til monday.

i don't know where all these stores have been keeping all the accessories but like i mentioned earlier our district hasn't stocked accessories for at least a good 2 yrs or more.

its totally a ymmv on how stores handle returns. bbv in general used to track our credits and give us a hard time if our credits were too high therefore you will get the stores that will give you a hard time. if a game is defective you can exchange it for the same title within 30 days. if we dont have that game we'll let you grab something else. as for return/rebuys i think most stores will give you a hard time as we usually only do returns for something that doesnt work. but once again its ymmv and you could go to the same store and ask 2 managers and get different answers.[/QUOTE]

This is the post I've been waiting for all night, thank you for your time and for hearing me out. And for not thinking I'm absolutely crazy/ridiculous for being rather frustrated with your establishment. Your logic (which Sonic also made mention of) is sound, but I'd appreciate you looking into it when you go back to work Monday, if it's not too much trouble.

All this YMMV business gives me a headache, but I'm at least content with getting a non-ballbreaking response from someone connected to the establishment. Thanks again.

Today I found out people are switching the price tags and/or game cases for lower prices at blockbuster.

I was disappointed when I went up with Splatterhouse and Star wars force unleashed 2 both priced at $9.99 "Clearance" and was told the prices were wrong and some guy who is now banned was caught switching price tags and cases on games.

Nevertheless I bought Nier and Alan Wake both complete, Alan wake had some unused DLC in it (the code wasn't uncovered). What does that DLC unlock?

I have Tats vs. Capcom Wii, Fallout New Vegas 360, Alan Wake 360, and Mario Super Sluggers for Wii for Sale/Trade if anyone is interested. Other than that all I picked up today was Legendary for 360.

[quote name='nas6034']I know our bbv stores got stocked with stuff from other stores that have since closed.
Like TivoHD for $25.[/QUOTE]

I saw that today too! What the hell is it? Also, saw a ton of Yoostar stuff.

@ Naruto

DLC might unlock the first of two DLC chapters (First one's called The Writer, methinks and it comes with standard Alan Wake copies now?)

@ Jmy

Wow, I actually have all of those 'cept for Super Sluggers (which is the only Nintendo Select I don't have/care for). my library must be growing indeed thanks to this sale.

Just came across this thread not too long ago, seeing there's only 1 BBV around where I live, I thought it wouldn't be so practical for me. But I checked that store since I thought accessories were 50% off, but the PS3 bluray remoted the cashier price-checked was at least $20. Can someone clarify for me if the 50% off sale is YMMV? Does it apply to the remote (does it count as an accessory?)

Thanks!

[quote name='Velo214']my grrl went back and got another nightmare before xmas plush blanket and a big Link wall decal thing. Considering my son's name is Link, I couldnt say no. and my name is Jack Skellington, so i couldnt say no to that either ;) altho i keep telling her to wait til the clearance is more discounted :)[/QUOTE]

I bought this ceramic-like Nightmare Before Christmas jack bobble head for $3.49 marked down from $9.99. It's really really cool looking and I'm really happy with this purchase even though I'm just a mild Nightmare fan. I also saw a few of those plush blankets. How is the quality of those blankets? I just didn't buy it because I never really get cold. :cool:

I also saw a Nightmare Before Christmas Jenga game, Boggle game, and a few other cool things from the movie I can't even remember. I believe they were all 75% off already, but I might be wrong. I spent around $400 at BBV this month, so I was trying not to buy too much else.:roll:

[quote name='nas6034']I know our bbv stores got stocked with stuff from other stores that have since closed.
Like TivoHD for $25.[/QUOTE]

I bought one of the Tivo HDs for $25. It was originally $99 and marked down 75% to $25. It's a used display model from one of the closing stores in my area. It was repackaged, but the employee I talked to used to work at that closing store, so she packed it herself. She assured me everything I needed was in there. I haven't opened it yet, but I figure I'll try it out for a while. Hopefully there's a trial membership or something still available for it so I can test it out without making a commitment. I figured if it totally sucks, I can maybe take out the hard drive and plug it into my computer somehow.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']the 50% accessory sale is not YMMV but the only thing i can think of is since it comes with a game that in our system its classified as a retail game making it part of the 25% off sale. since it was tagged at $20 but with a clearance price of $15 making it 25% off. i could check the system to see how its listed but i'm off til monday.

its totally a ymmv on how stores handle returns. bbv in general used to track our credits and give us a hard time if our credits were too high therefore you will get the stores that will give you a hard time. if a game is defective you can exchange it for the same title within 30 days. if we dont have that game we'll let you grab something else. as for return/rebuys i think most stores will give you a hard time as we usually only do returns for something that doesnt work. but once again its ymmv and you could go to the same store and ask 2 managers and get different answers.[/QUOTE]

I've seen some pretty odd accessories. I guess I'll just list them off.

I found a Xbox 360 controller for $25.XX and a few of the wireless 360 mics for $19.99 I think.

I've seen a shitload of those Blockbuster Streaming boxes for $9.99. They were 90% off marked down from $99.99.

I don't know if these count as accessories, but I bought:

5 of those 1600 Xbox Live Point cards.

I found 5 of the 2000 point Wii cards, but I didn't buy any.

I also bought a lot of general merchandise:

2 True Blood Mugs for $2.49 each. One is a black mug that says "True Blood" and the other is a white "Merlot's Bar" mug.

a giant (about 1.5') Yoda plush for $9.99. (marked down from $19.99). Each store had one of these left.

a few of those Mario Gamer Graffix for $2.49 (marked down from $4.99).

a bunch of the Mario Series 2 figures for $1.49 each (marked down from $4.99).

Dexter framed artwork for $14.99 and True Blood framed artwork for $9.99.

Beatles bottle-opener, stickers, patches. Star wars stickers, patches, and buttons.

True blood buttons, Scarface buttons, and more I just cant remember everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CAG90210']Just came across this thread not too long ago, seeing there's only 1 BBV around where I live, I thought it wouldn't be so practical for me. But I checked that store since I thought accessories were 50% off, but the PS3 bluray remoted the cashier price-checked was at least $20. Can someone clarify for me if the 50% off sale is YMMV? Does it apply to the remote (does it count as an accessory?)

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I bought a universal remote and it was half off, that's odd. Do you remember the price sticker on the remote? Might just be 25% off (included in gen. merchandise for whatever reason).

TNBC fans unite? I'm surprised they have so much stuff from that movie. You'd think that kind of stuff would be focused in Hot Topic or something. My girlfriend's blanket's pretty nice, but me and Velo might be talking about two different blankets. Hers is grey. Maybe I should ask my mom where she got it from.

[quote name='CAG90210']Just came across this thread not too long ago, seeing there's only 1 BBV around where I live, I thought it wouldn't be so practical for me. But I checked that store since I thought accessories were 50% off, but the PS3 bluray remoted the cashier price-checked was at least $20. Can someone clarify for me if the 50% off sale is YMMV? Does it apply to the remote (does it count as an accessory?)

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me today on the Sony PS3 Blu-ray remote. It was on a display with other remotes and sign that stated 50% off. The manager scanned it and no discount, she then scanned some of the other remotes they had and the 50% off did apply, just not on the Sony. It was tagged at $24.99 and scanned at the full $24.99.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']I bought a universal remote and it was half off, that's odd. Do you remember the price sticker on the remote? Might just be 25% off (included in gen. merchandise for whatever reason).[/QUOTE]

Did you get the Sony branded PS3 bluray remote?

[quote name='CAG90210']Did you get the Sony branded PS3 bluray remote?[/QUOTE]

No, no, just some generic universal. It was like $3.50, nothing that fancy.

There's ZERO markdown? That's computer error, unless it was originally $50 or something ridiculous like that. Maybe HB can find out on Monday.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']No, no, just some generic universal. It was like $3.50, nothing that fancy.

There's ZERO markdown? That's computer error, unless it was originally $50 or something ridiculous like that. Maybe HB can find out on Monday.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks for the quick response. Yet, if I remember correctly, there was not markdown on the remote. But the movie blanket I got was 50% off. I guess I'll go back on Monday to see if the sale applies. Also, I saw this "5 for $20" sale. The covers of the movies says bluray, but I find it hard to believe, is there such a sale for blurays? Or they mislabeled it and it's for DVDs?

[quote name='twinton']Same thing happened to me today on the Sony PS3 Blu-ray remote. It was on a display with other remotes and sign that stated 50% off. The manager scanned it and no discount, she then scanned some of the other remotes they had and the 50% off did apply, just not on the Sony. It was tagged at $24.99 and scanned at the full $24.99.[/QUOTE]

Guess I got lucky then. The sales guy in essence gave me credit for the remote and the HDMI cables that also didn't get discounted. Maybe the HDMI cables aren't actually on clearance yet either then... The receipt only took $3 off for the cables even though they are $14.99.

Hmmm... Guess I got really lucky on my haul today then. I could've sworn I read a few CAGs getting the remote half off that's why I picked it up.

EDIT: Off topic-ish, but if you wanted a universal remote, I'd highly recommend picking up the Sony Remote Commander. I saw this particular model at Blockbuster: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-RMVL610N...I0/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1306643842&sr=8-19

It retailed for about 10 bucks. I bought mine off of Amazon long ago. Anywho, it's not fancy like the Logitech ones and there's no computer hook up to download codes, but it has some presets and is a learning remote. I replaced my TV, Xbox, stereo, and PS2 remotes with this. It might take a little time to program, but it does its job and does it well. Point is, I saw these at Blockbuster for $9.99. They should be part of the clearance, so if you're interested in a cheap, non-fancy universal remote, I'd recommend picking it up.

[quote name='CAG90210']Ah, thanks for the quick response. Yet, if I remember correctly, there was not markdown on the remote. But the movie blanket I got was 50% off. I guess I'll go back on Monday to see if the sale applies. Also, I saw this "5 for $20" sale. The covers of the movies says bluray, but I find it hard to believe, is there such a sale for blurays? Or they mislabeled it and it's for DVDs?[/QUOTE]

Quick response is what I do, lol. 5 for $20 is legitimate for BluRays, BBV is making a big push to get rid of 'em. On top of that there are certainly BluRays that are going to go down in price daily until they hit 99 cents. You might need to re-read the topic to catch up. Go for it on Monday, I'm sure the remotes aren't going anywhere.

@ imac

You and your luck, honestly. I saw some HDMI cables today too though, but without an HDTV it seems like a waste of money until they get cheap enough.

Damn, I'm impressed. I'll give it a look next time, but it's not like I can return the cheap remote I bought on the 25th, I think. :/ I don't even have PS2/Xbox remotes, kinda never thought about that.

Went out to see what was left of the games and found squat. Both remaining stores were wiped out. The manager at one store knows me and mentioned that a couple of guys had gone in and bought up 40+ games, each. And yet the store still had at least 10 copies of FO:NV for each system:lol:

One of my stores also got those cheap blu-rays, but of course they were the $5.99 batch. Noticed that a bunch of the available titles were the same as those available earlier in the week that were $9.99

Ended up grabbing a few titles as they were one-off copies.

Grabbed:

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Adventureland
X-files 2
Then grabbed Sherlock holmes & Jumper to qualify for the "5 for 20" deal.

Only remember a couple other titles like:
The Crazies
The Other Guys
Paul Blart
Harry Potter...sorcerers stone
but there were easily 40 different titles. Too bad they didn't get Toy Story 3

Don't know if these Blu-rays will get down to .99 since these copies started at 5.99. Just hve to make another trip on Monday to find out

[quote name='Naruto Uzumaki']Nevertheless I bought Nier and Alan Wake both complete, Alan wake had some unused DLC in it (the code wasn't uncovered). What does that DLC unlock?[/QUOTE]

The unused Alan Wake code should be for the first DLC, "The Signal," which was included with new copies of the game. Nice find to continue a great game.

There are Harry Potter blu-rays now, as a part of this sale? I want them, damnit. If you find 'em for cheap, let me know. Outside of the 1st 2, there's no need to waste my time getting the ultimate editions, and I have Azkaban on blu.

bread's done
Back