The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

See here for the deal: http://www.blockbuster.com/stores

There used to be a coupon to print for it, but now stores should have the bar code to scan at the register.  If not, show them their own web page (above) and maybe they will figure it out.

See BlockbusterGuy's thread for a list of titles eligible under (and commonly found at BBV) for the promo:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310423-blockbuster-video-4th-of-july-sale-bogo/

Coming July 2nd: B1G1 free on games $29.99 and under

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that anything below here might be out of date. To be honest, I have no idea if Blockbuster even takes games for trade-in any more!

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos, post any trade-in values you have obtained, and discuss new and used game selection and availability. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Blockbuster store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (BBVto Amazon to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from BBV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit will be placed onto your store account
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Depending on state law you may or may not get sales tax added to your trade-ins (and thus get more than normal). You will always be charged sales tax where applicable on purchases.

Current Trade-In Deals
There are no trade-in deals at this time nor have there been for a very very long time. They did however just recently cut down all their trade-in values to Gamestop-like levels (but without deals to make them more appealing as at GS).

Trade-In Values

Trade-in prices are usually universal at Blockbuster, but can be wildly different at franchise Blockbuster stores. Used game prices change on Monday. We are not currently sure when trade-in values get updated but a few years ago it used to be on Mondays. Any quotes given in this thread may thus be good through Sunday of the current week. If you want to be sure to get the same value another CAG has reported then do your trading by Sunday as the price may drop on Monday.

Also note that many stores will no longer accept video games without cover art. This is the official policy for DVD trade-ins but apparently many clerks will confuse the two and not allow it for games either. Just beware that it might be a hassle if you have a disc-only game to trade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Blockbuster/Gamerush Threads (dating back to June 2005!):
1 (by no means the first one but the earliest that can be found - check it out for some drama)
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up :ps3:Assassin's Creed II (had a sudden urge to check it out) & Fallout NV which I'll probably trade since I have for PC already..They had a ton of them but I wanted to take advantage of sale.

Thanks for heads up!

Well, I went back to my local store on a whim today. They had very little before the sale started and even less when I got back home and went there on the 3rd day of the sale. But then today (Sunday) when I went in, they all of a sudden had about 3 times as many $14.99 and under games as they did last week before the sale even started! They must have had one huge rental pull this week. So I'm glad I went in, in any case.

My buying parameters changed a little for this last trip. I just found out my in-laws got a Wii for my nephew to use when they are babysitting him at their house, so I thought with all the cheap Wii games in this sale that I'd snag a few for them. I picked up another Batman Brave and the Bold, a Ben 10 game, and a few others. I wish I had know about this when I passed on Boom Blox and Boom Blox Bash Party earlier in the week, though. Those would have been great ones to pick up.

....yea, I miss my hwv days sometimes. Especially 4.99 sale! It was fun to bs with the blockbuster employee over the future of rental stores and share my closing store experiences.

So has the B1G1 ended? Or is it still on until closing tonight.

I got the overwhelming feeling that theres going to be some awesome DS conversions happening at a nearby store tonight.

It will definitely run through Monday. But after that it might be over. It would have to get "renewed" for another marketing period to last longer. That has happened many times in the past, though, so it wouldn't surprise me.

But also, hawaiiboy told us there will be another around July 4th and that really isn't that far off. So I'd be fine with it being over for now and giving them a month to do some more rental conversions, and, more importantly, implement some price drops.

Phew I need a break. Between bbv b1g1 and gs 3/$10 I felt like a lab chasing a tennis ball. I just couldn't stop. I need make time to play l.a. noir that I paid full price for on day 1 (which seemed stupid in hind sight with each stack of games I bought at bbv for less than $65 after tax). The power of relentless marketing is strong.lol

What is amazing to me is how when the blockbuster 3/4 mile from my house was closing, just about every decent title disappeared before it ever reached 30% off (and I think the games were priced high to start). Now at 50% off they all just sit there! i love it:applause:

Gamestop has a very intriguing deal on Microsoft factory refurbed 360 pros. $99 with a 1 year warranty, 20 gb drive, and what looks like a component cable. I bought a factory refurbed hard drive for my arcade a while back and it looked pretty much new. If these units are anything like those, condition wise, it would be a bargain and great use of gs flip credit. I figure $50 cash spent at bbv pays for a 1 yr warrantied 360 console.

[quote name='Toss']
What is amazing to me is how when the blockbuster 3/4 mile from my house was closing, just about every decent title disappeared before it ever reached 30% off (and I think the games were priced high to start). Now at 50% off they all just sit there! i love it:applause:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've been noticing this for a long time. You could also say the same thing about the HWV $4.99 deal vs. when those stores went into liquidation - though that $4.99 sale got hit pretty hard at one store near me with people lined up before they opened one time. But still, there were games that made it through 2 or 3 $4.99 sales and were bought up at 20% off when HWV went under. I thought that was hilarious.

Then you have people like I witnessed today. Kid had a Medal of Honor + a $14.99 DS game. When the B1G1 didn't ring up (because MoH was $19.99) what did he and his mother do? No, they didn't put MoH back and get one of the many qualifying $14.99 and under games. They put back the DS game and just paid $20 for MoH #-o. So the B1G1 signage actually got them to buy a game - but not one as part of the deal. Amazing... I also witnessed a few people buying movies for $9.99 that were part of the 5 for $20 deal. Even when the clerks would tell them they could get 4 other movies and only pay $10 more, they just said "no thanks". I saw this happen 2 or 3 times the last few days.

But yeah, I hear you about needing a break. I will go up to my local BBV to see if that Spongebob DVD is still there on the "$2.99" DVD table (as it was labeled on Sunday - assume they were just lazy and didn't update which works for me) and get that for 99 cents. I didn't have the time to look into where any of the cheap blu-rays were being sold and wouldn't have time to drive around tomorrow to get them anyway so I guess I miss out on that deal - oh well...

[quote name='io'] Amazing... I also witnessed a few people buying movies for $9.99 that were part of the 5 for $20 deal. Even when the clerks would tell them they could get 4 other movies and only pay $10 more, they just said "no thanks". I saw this happen 2 or 3 times the last few days.
[/QUOTE]

That takes the cake!

^^^lmao keep these stories coming cant believe the stupidity of people these days

what makes it worse is somewhere i know there's people buying 2 9.99 movies during the 5 for 20 sale -face palm-

I saw a family with 2 girls and a young boy. The girls rented something with Mario cause the young boy yelled out "I dont want to play Mario!!". Thought that was strange. Then as I was looking through the bin of games, he started to have a meltdown that he didnt get to rent a game. I was tempted to stop and tell her about the sale, and to grab some cheap $10 game and grab 2. The father was behind me at the other register as I was checking out. The BBV employee told him of the sale and about the bin, I spoke up and said something about the other racks with games and the employee was like "o yeah".

[quote name='io'] Amazing... I also witnessed a few people buying movies for $9.99 that were part of the 5 for $20 deal. Even when the clerks would tell them they could get 4 other movies and only pay $10 more, they just said "no thanks". I saw this happen 2 or 3 times the last few days.[/QUOTE]

This happened all the time when I worked at hwv! I'd even have people who would be renting 2 movies...grab a soda and candy; then I'd mention that if they grabbed a bag of popcorn for our bundle it would $1 cheaper. they'd pass! "oh, I don't like popcorn." ...uh, give it to someone else and save yourself a buck.

Some people just do not like 'suggestive selling' even if it would benefit them.

Awesome story for me yesterday. Before going a friends house, I decided to go to BBV. I knew about the sale and was looking at what they had. I found Wheel of Fortune for my mom(29.99 new still, 14.99 at BBV) and could not find anything else that I wanted. My friend loves rock band and didn't have RB3, so I decided to look for that game. They seemed to be sold so I go and ask if they had one for sale. The guy at the counter was holding in his hands RB3 for 360 just about to put in the sells bin. Talk about luck!

I don't want to take this far off-topic, but can someone pm me if they can get their hands on 1 or 2 tivo HD? I've been putting off upgrading my SD versions and would like to cut a deal. Thanks...and now back to the B1G1 carnage!

Maybe I was reading this wrong but I thought a bunch of BR's were on sale in addition to the 5 for 20. I saw a bunch of DVD's on a special table with signage for "special deal" or something and they were only a couple bucks either...however there were no BR's except the ones that have already been around for 5for20.

Might go over to the next closest BBV today if the sale is definitely still on. Do BBV's have different hours today since it's a holiday? I was hoping for GRID but my only real close store didn't have it.

[quote name='JKSonic']Maybe I was reading this wrong but I thought a bunch of BR's were on sale in addition to the 5 for 20. I saw a bunch of DVD's on a special table with signage for "special deal" or something and they were only a couple bucks either...however there were no BR's except the ones that have already been around for 5for20.[/QUOTE]

Only select stores got a shipment of the Blu-rays for the "special" sale. Two out of the three stores that I checked yesterday had the BRs. Someone in another thread posted that his BBV is dropping the price for the BRs to .99 cents today.

I went back to my store last night while I was out, I left alot of good stuff from my prior visit for others, wanted to see what was left. ASM said that a couple guys came in and bought 100+ games. They caught them switching price labels as well and still sold them all of the games. Took a couple games to the counter and both labels had been swapped. Looking forward to some price drops and the July deal.

[quote name='emg28']Only select stores got a shipment of the Blu-rays for the "special" sale. Two out of the three stores that I checked yesterday had the BRs. Someone in another thread posted that his BBV is dropping the price for the BRs to .99 cents today.[/QUOTE]

Well considering my BBV is the one of two in about a 100 mile radius you'd think mine would have been 2 out of the 3. Odd they got the DVD's and not the BR's though.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Anyone know if the B1G1 on the games is over? Or is it still going on today?[/QUOTE]

Today should be the last day unless it gets extended.

[quote name='guinness7']Today should be the last day unless it gets extended.[/QUOTE]

Today is the last day for the B1G1 $14.99 under games.

This morning before heading to work, I stop by a BBV t oget some $1.99 blu rays, but the store didn't have the promotion. They said it depends on the store. They do have a $0.99 DVD sale. I was hoping to get some TV series dvd and Superman doomsday since i havent seen it yet.

Anyway, The good video games were all taken. I saw maybe about 10 Fallout NV left. I was planning to buy house of the dead 2 & 3, but didnt have it.
As I was looking for something to match with fallout, i saw Kirby Superstar ultra for the DS. I got that game and Fallout NV. Was both of these games WORTH IT? I got Bioshock 2 for $19.99 at Target (months ago), Bioshock 1 PC from Best Buy for $5 (last year) so there wasn't much games to choice from at BBV.
Anyone know if Kirby Superstar DS is good and a keeper? The only Kirby game I played back then was for Gameboy...I think kirby was sucking stuff up?
The only DS games I have so far is Zelda ST, Pokemonof the skies and the kirby game. LOL. Any highly games i should get for the DS that is worth it?

Note: Wondering why they never remade Mario RPG. That game was fun.

Picked up Xbox360
Oblivion and Burnout Paradise - $9.99

Very happy....been wanting to pick up Burnout for a while and just traded in my copy of Oblivion GOTY to gamestop for $22.50!

Were some ok games left, almost grabbed Resistance 2 and Dead Space for PS3, and Fallout NV and Saints Row 2 for 360. all were $14.99 iirc. Din't go for it.

Went into the store by me today and was surprised to see they were running a deal on blu rays. at 99 cents a piece. Walked out with a stack of 20.
Couldn't go wrong at that price.

[quote name='io'] But also, hawaiiboy told us there will be another around July 4th and that really isn't that far off. So I'd be fine with it being over for now and giving them a month to do some more rental conversions, and, more importantly, implement some price drops.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much how I'm feeling, my wallet needs a break.

Also, your avatar is actually exactly what my (sister's) cat looks like aside from the eyes (she has cataracts). Can't believe I didn't notice earlier.

@ Boneless

If I had the scratch I would because my local BBVs have a ton. Might be able to pick one up if the price drops further.

Lastly, my local BBV has two copies of KH: 358/2 (generic packaging), is that a big deal or something? I saw some posts about it earlier. They've also got KH: Re-Coded but it's still $20, methinks.

Ugh, they had Oblivion GotY for $10? Damn, even buying that without another free game is a pretty good deal even with the 5th Year Anniv. ed. coming out.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']

Ugh, they had Oblivion GotY for $10? Damn, even buying that without another free game is a pretty good deal even with the 5th Year Anniv. ed. coming out.[/QUOTE]

It was the standard version. I mentioned GOTY because I have the extra content on my hard drive and was able to re-pick up the game for $5.

[quote name='io']Then you have people like I witnessed today. Kid had a Medal of Honor + a $14.99 DS game. When the B1G1 didn't ring up (because MoH was $19.99) what did he and his mother do? No, they didn't put MoH back and get one of the many qualifying $14.99 and under games. They put back the DS game and just paid $20 for MoH #-o.[/QUOTE]
Given her action, it would make sense if Medal of Honor was what she (or her kid) really wanted and the DS game was filler.

[quote name='jonathanp']Interesting, I was told the sale ends on the 6th...[/QUOTE]

That is when the current 5 for 20 blu-ray sale is supposed to end.

[quote name='jonathanp']Interesting, I was told the sale ends on the 6th...[/QUOTE]

It better end today. I only have the willpower to fight going back to BBV for this sale for one day.

Oh, it was the vanilla Oblivion, nevermind then.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']It better end today. I only have the willpower to fight going back to BBV for this sale for one day.

Oh, it was the vanilla Oblivion, nevermind then.[/QUOTE]
It was actually the GOTY edition. Your store has them in stock right now.

Just kidding.

Went today no new games were added. I wanted to get FONV but only games I could pair it with were Halo Warts, Enclaved, and Singularity all of which I own.

[quote name='sadboy']It was actually the GOTY edition. Your store has them in stock right now.

Just kidding.[/QUOTE]

You know I hate you, right?

@Buster90

You could always flip the other title or give it to a buddy or ask them to pay $7.50 for it, NV used for $7.50 is a steal. And nothing clever for Singularity? I expect better from you.

Lemme try. Singlerarity. Best I could do.

buster90 - Went today no new games were added. I wanted to get FONV but only games I could pair it with were Halo Warts, Enclaved, and Singularity all of which I own.

Just bought 130 different blu-rays from BBV today for .99 cents each.

I could have bought over 1,000 different blu ray titles for .99 cents. I swear to god there were so much. I had first pick at two different stores. One store still had the .99 cent movies in boxes in the back room and let me look through them even before the employees. I might post a list of what I bought later, but I guess it wouldn't be much help because this deal is so ymmv. Unfortunately if you didn't get out there at 10am, you probably missed most of it.

Thank you once again to Hawaiiboy. Because he listed the part number online, I was able to find the BBV store that still had 10+ boxes sealed in the back room. It gave me a chance to get first pick.

Well, I'm going to check out one or two Blockbusters on my way to Best Buy and Target to see if I can pick up any of the games that I didn't feel inclined to buy on my first visit. I'm thinking of something in the Bourne Conspiracy range. I wish they could have modeled the character after Matt Damon, though.

I picked up 200 BR's for $198 this morning. I'll try to get a list posted a little later. May also have some up for trade/sell.

Wow. Kinda wish I had an HDTV+BR Player for this kind of sale since I'm seeing how everyone cleaned up. Even regular DVDs are rarely only a $1 and burnable dual-layer blank discs generally cost pretty close to this price by themselves.

Did these comes with boxes/art inserts or?

Sorry in advance for the long post. Please don't quote this long arse post and clog up the thread.

Here's my blu ray purchases for those interested in whats out there. About half of the stuff I bought was stuff the stores only had 1 or 2 copies of though.

99 cent alphabetized
A Nightmare on Elmstreet
A Serious Man
After.Life
Angels and Demons
Astro Boy
Babel
Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans
Battle in Seattle
Before the Devil Knows You're Dead
Beyond a Reasonable Doubt
Brokeback Mountain
Brooklyn's Finest
Capitalism: A Love Story
Chloe
Chocolate
Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs
Cop Out
Did You Hear About the Morgans?
Dolan's Cadillac
Drillbit Taylor
Dublicity
Eastern Promises
Easy A
Easy Virtue
Elf
End of Days
Enemy of the State
Extraordinary Measures
Eyes Wide Shut
Fantasic Mr. Fox
Fighting
Flags of our Fathers
Food, Inc.
Gamer
Gandhi
get Smart
Get Smart's Bruce and Lloyd out of control
Gods and Generals
Good Night, and Good Luck
GroundHog Day
Hell Ride
Hellboy
High School Musical Remix
Ice Age - Dawn of the Dinosaurs
It's Complicated
Last Chance Harvey
Leatherheads
Legion
March of the Penguins
Michael Clayton
MILD
Mission Impossible
Mission Impossible 2
Mission Impossible 3
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
NINE
Ninja
Orphan
Pandorum
Paranormal Activity
Payback
Persepolis
Personal Effects
Piranha
Planet 51
Please Give
Poltergeist
Primal Fear
Quantum of Solace
Race to Witch Mountain
Rachel Getting Married
Reign of Fire
Revolver
S.W.A.T.
Saw VI
Secret Window
Serenity
Seven Years in Tibet
Shutter
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
Sleepy Hollow
Southland Tales
Spread
Step Up 3
Street Fighter - The Legend of Chun Li
Superman Returns
Surrogates
Tell Tale
Tenure
Terminator - Sarah Connor Chronicles - S1 - D2
Terminator - Sarah Connor Chronicles - S1 - D3
The Book of Eli
The Collector
The DaVinci Code
The Expendables
The Fourth Kind
The Ghost Writer
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Line
The Love Guru
The Men Who Stare at Goats
The Mist
The New Daughter
The other Boleyn Girl
The Pink Panther
The Pricate Lives of Pippa Lee
The Punisher
The Reader
The Warriors
The X Files - I Want to Believe
Thunderball
Tommy Boy
Twilight Saga Eclipse
Twilight Sage New Moon
U-571
War, Inc.
Warriors of Heaven and Earth
Weeds - Season 1
Weissing Crashers
Windtalkers
World's Greatest Dad
Wyatt Earp
xXx

2.99 blu rays I bought yesterday
Resident Evil Afterlife
The Thing
House of 1,000 Corpses.

5 for 20 Blu rays I bought when the sale started.
Clerks II
Red Cliff I
Red Cliff II
Scott Pilgrim
Zombieland
A Scanner Darkly
Sex and the City
The Princess and the Frog
Funny People
The Hurt Locker
Shutter Island
Slumdog Millionaire
Sherlock Holmes
Transformers 2
Taken
Big Fish
(500) days of Summer
Dumb and Dumber
Hostel
Hostel II
Zodiac 2 disc directors cut
Moon
The Road
JFK
District 9
Coraline
Oceans Eleven
Oceans Twelve
IMAX Blue Planet
Star Wars Clone Wars
Beetlejuice
Superman: Doomsday
Friday the 13th (original)
The Crazies
30 Days of Night

[quote name='twinton']I picked up 200 BR's for $198 this morning. I'll try to get a list posted a little later. May also have some up for trade/sell.[/QUOTE]

Heck yeah. Here's my trade list.
Thunderball (James Bond)
Quantum of Solace
High School Musical Remix
A Nightmare on Elmstreet (remake)
Shutter
The Mist
Race for Witch Mountain

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Wow. Kinda wish I had an HDTV+BR Player for this kind of sale since I'm seeing how everyone cleaned up. Even regular DVDs are rarely only a $1 and burnable dual-layer blank discs generally cost pretty close to this price by themselves.

Did these comes with boxes/art inserts or?[/QUOTE]

That's how I think of it too. The DL dvds are about $1 a piece and single layer are usually around 17 cents a piece. The BBV movies have artwork 99% of the time. Only one movie I bought had generic BBV artwork (Easy A). Both the DVDs and the Blu rays come in the generic BBV black dvd cases that have that yellow security thingy inserted into them. Hope this helps.

The 5 for 20 blu ray sale. Is it 9.99 and under titles only? Thought someone mentioned it was 14.99 and under?

I had them ring up a few 12.99 and a few 9.99 title and it was not 20 dollars

star trek
salt
how to train your dragon
clash of the titans
hot tub time machine

and came up 65.xx, was told he totaled it

[quote name='nixmahn']The 5 for 20 blu ray sale. Is it 9.99 and under titles only? Thought someone mentioned it was 14.99 and under?

I had them ring up a few 12.99 and a few 9.99 title and it was not 20 dollars

star trek
salt
how to train your dragon
clash of the titans
hot tub time machine

and came up 65.xx, was told he totaled it[/QUOTE]

9.99 and under only for the 5 for 20

This BD sale is ridiculous. Didn't get nearly as much stuff as some of the folks who already posted but did all right.

Away We Go
Twilight: Eclipse
Twilight: New Moon
The Men Who Stare At Goats

and drum roll... complete Band of Brothers series including bonus features.

Total paid: $10.79

Oh and before I get flak for the Twilight movies, my wife is a huge fan.

BobbyTastic, if you don't have a BD player they also have regular DVDs for 99 cents if you find the right BBV. The one that I went to had probably a couple hundred BDs (and some DVDs) and the manager told me she had 8 more tubs of BDs and DVDs to put out so I'll be going back later today or maybe tomorrow morning.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Just bought 130 different blu-rays from BBV today for .99 cents each.

I could have bought over 1,000 different blu ray titles for .99 cents. I swear to god there were so much. I had first pick at two different stores. One store still had the .99 cent movies in boxes in the back room and let me look through them even before the employees. I might post a list of what I bought later, but I guess it wouldn't be much help because this deal is so ymmv. Unfortunately if you didn't get out there at 10am, you probably missed most of it.

Thank you once again to Hawaiiboy. Because he listed the part number online, I was able to find the BBV store that still had 10+ boxes sealed in the back room. It gave me a chance to get first pick.[/QUOTE]

I'm jealous. I got held up at Walmart and got to BBV 10 minutes after they opened. Some kid had a stack of 40 or so behind the counter before I got there. I ended up buying 13 of the 30 or so he left behind, but nothing I was really looking for. Still glad I got a few though. Thanks OP!

I went this morning to see what was left on the BOGO sale and the check on the .99 DVD/Blu-ray's. At the first store, the girl said she did not know anything about .99 movies then the guy said yeah we got a few and pulled out several handfuls from a box behind the counter. I asked if there were more and he said that was all they had (B movies, DVD's only, probably 50 of them). He told me the other store in the area got 1800 pieces including blu-ray's, so I went to it. They had a display for the .99 DVD's (probably 200), but they were all B movies or episodes of TV shows, no blu-ray's (lady said they didn't get any). It seems to be some employee hoarding going on, not happy with my wasted trips. Great for those lucky enough to get in on it.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Just bought 130 different blu-rays from BBV today for .99 cents each[/QUOTE]

Nice haul!! :applause:

The only store closest to my that was running the sale was about twenty minutes away. Picked up about thirty more blus. At .99 a pop you can't beat it!! Thanks to Hawaiiboy for all the info!

What is going to happen to all these dvds and blu-rays that the stores got for this Memorial day sale after the sale is over tomorrow? My store still had another 250 blu-rays and 700 dvds that were not even out because they did not have the room.
they will stay at $.99 til they are all gone.

and one more time the b1g1 sale ends TODAY at close of business it has NOT been extended. the 5 for $20 blu ray ends 6/5 or 6/6.

@bobbytastic

i didnt get to look at what the zapper was classified as but my theory earlier has to be what it was. we were so busy today with people buying 30, 40, 50 dvd's at a time.

Went to 3 BBVs today, no 99 cent Blus. One had 99 cent DVDs but nothing of interest to me. Game wise not much except for LP1 and Avatar. Also got a pirate sackboy and a half liter of Mexican coke.

[quote name='Midnight Express']I went this morning to see what was left on the BOGO sale and the check on the .99 DVD/Blu-ray's. At the first store, the girl said she did not know anything about .99 movies then the guy said yeah we got a few and pulled out several handfuls from a box behind the counter. I asked if there were more and he said that was all they had (B movies, DVD's only, probably 50 of them). He told me the other store in the area got 1800 pieces including blu-ray's, so I went to it. They had a display for the .99 DVD's (probably 200), but they were all B movies or episodes of TV shows, no blu-ray's (lady said they didn't get any). It seems to be some employee hoarding going on, not happy with my wasted trips. Great for those lucky enough to get in on it.[/QUOTE]
I called six stores. None are selling Blu-rays for $.99. However, some of those stores are selling DVDs for $.99.

bread's done
Back