The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

See here for the deal: http://www.blockbuster.com/stores

There used to be a coupon to print for it, but now stores should have the bar code to scan at the register.  If not, show them their own web page (above) and maybe they will figure it out.

See BlockbusterGuy's thread for a list of titles eligible under (and commonly found at BBV) for the promo:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310423-blockbuster-video-4th-of-july-sale-bogo/

Coming July 2nd: B1G1 free on games $29.99 and under

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that anything below here might be out of date. To be honest, I have no idea if Blockbuster even takes games for trade-in any more!

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos, post any trade-in values you have obtained, and discuss new and used game selection and availability. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Blockbuster store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (BBVto Amazon to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from BBV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit will be placed onto your store account
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Depending on state law you may or may not get sales tax added to your trade-ins (and thus get more than normal). You will always be charged sales tax where applicable on purchases.

Current Trade-In Deals
There are no trade-in deals at this time nor have there been for a very very long time. They did however just recently cut down all their trade-in values to Gamestop-like levels (but without deals to make them more appealing as at GS).

Trade-In Values

Trade-in prices are usually universal at Blockbuster, but can be wildly different at franchise Blockbuster stores. Used game prices change on Monday. We are not currently sure when trade-in values get updated but a few years ago it used to be on Mondays. Any quotes given in this thread may thus be good through Sunday of the current week. If you want to be sure to get the same value another CAG has reported then do your trading by Sunday as the price may drop on Monday.

Also note that many stores will no longer accept video games without cover art. This is the official policy for DVD trade-ins but apparently many clerks will confuse the two and not allow it for games either. Just beware that it might be a hassle if you have a disc-only game to trade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Blockbuster/Gamerush Threads (dating back to June 2005!):
1 (by no means the first one but the earliest that can be found - check it out for some drama)
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway if you can check out the imagine headphones. I see them listed at 30 and am not sure if they're 7.50 like the ur40. Also the wii nunchuck is $20 right? And please check xbox play and charge kit. Thanks HB!

^^ I would also like to know about the playn'charge kits and wii nunchucks. The store I was at said they weren't discounted at all...I'd like to go back and have them scan it.

[quote name='nas6034']Anyway if you can check out the imagine headphones. I see them listed at 30 and am not sure if they're 7.50 like the ur40. Also the wii nunchuck is $20 right? And please check xbox play and charge kit. Thanks HB![/QUOTE]

anyone know anything about the imagine headphones? is that better then the koss?

[quote name='Darkhate']Koss headphones are $3.xx (reg 14.99)at my store been that low since last week[/QUOTE]

That's 75% off...

Hawaiiboy, can you get the part numbers for xbox arcade, pro, and the wii stand alone? There were some around me but sold out and was going to have my cousin call around in his area. Thanks.

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']Are the 3 controllers or the sony/ps3 blu-ray remotes going to be discounted? (i doubt it, but i could be pleasantly surprised.) thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

The ps3 remotes are not supposed to drop. I don't think the controllers are either, at least when I saw them in store.

[quote name='JBLAZEisaCAG']When will the points cards (MS,PSN,Wii points) price drop?...Or will always just remain regular price?[/QUOTE]

Only clamshell/blister pack points dropped. The gift card type won't be discounted.

Welp, stopping at my store on my lunch break tomorrow. Hope they still have some good stuff. Looking for some more Pillow Pets for my daughter, some of those reusable wall stickers to decorate her room, and a couple posters for her. For myself, I'll be grabbing a Gaga CD and some framed pics. And maybe a Snuggy. For that cheap, why not?

Weird return issue today... I didn't have any problems getting the return done, but they did it in a strange way that would make returning once the prices drop impossible. Hawaiiboy, maybe you can shed some light on this.

I had 3 things to return on 3 different receipts (unfortunately). They verified that the items were on the receipts, but other than that they used no info off the receipts. They just scanned the items, typed some stuff on the computer, then had me swipe my credit card. I supposedly got a refund of the total amount on my card (too early to check online for that). But since it wasn't tied to the receipt in any way, I just got the "current" sales price back. That was fine on these things since I bought them at 75% off and they were still 75% off Sunday evening. But after tonight that won't work so well. I'm guessing they did something wrong (and this was 2 clerks working together to figure it out). The receipt definitely shows a negative balance due and then a refund to my CC, so I think I'm OK there. But tomorrow I may want to return a few things I got at 50% off and I sure as hell don't want to get only the 90% off pricing back ;).

In terms of the change in stock from last Monday, one disappointment was that all the Koss headphones (the $7.49 over the head ones) were gone. This store had about 7 or 8 last Monday. After getting a pair for my daughter I thought I'd get one for myself for airplane use. I'll have to look at some other stores I guess. Meanwhile, the Koss earbuds looked almost untouched - so I will be stocking up big time on those tomorrow as my daughter goes through them like crazy. They still had some batteries and plenty of HDMI cables (2 of which I returned tonight - wasn't thinking that was such a great deal at 75% off anyway).

IO,

If at all possible, could you please shed some light on the subject matter I highlighted in my PM.

Thanks.

On topic: One of the stores I checked last night had two pairs of the bigger Koss headphones in stock still, along with a ton of the earbuds.

I keep telling myself I'm not going to slip out of town to the 3 closest BB's tomorrow morning and buy a bunch of crap at 90% off...

BUT, my son is vacationing with my folks for the week, and my wife will be at work, so I think you guys and gals know how this is gonna turn out....

(Me, with a bunch of crap from BB at 90% loaded down in my car) :)

[quote name='sgaldis']I keep telling myself I'm not going to slip out of town to the 3 closest BB's tomorrow morning and buy a bunch of crap at 90% off...

BUT, my son is vacationing with my folks for the week, and my wife will be at work, so I think you guys and gals know how this is gonna turn out....

(Me, with a bunch of crap from BB at 90% loaded down in my car) :)[/QUOTE]
I can't sleep thinking bout my first run for a deal in a while. I'm just hoping everything is still there I saw last night or I'm gonna be majorly annoyed.:cry:

What is it you guys are all real excited to get? No judgement at all - I hope you get what you're all looking for.

But to me, I mean... there are some 4GB SD cards that I got for like $2. Sure, it'd be cool to get them for less than a buck... but I don't need them. Some framed art? Meh. Just a bunch of junk I don't need.

I saw one of my stores still has seven or eight TiVo HDs. Those worth picking up for $12 or so? Other than that, though, most of it looks like "junk". Your stores have better stuff?

[quote name='mattcube64']What is it you guys are all real excited to get? No judgement at all - I hope you get what you're all looking for.

But to me, I mean... there are some 4GB SD cards that I got for like $2. Sure, it'd be cool to get them for less than a buck... but I don't need them. Some framed art? Meh. Just a bunch of junk I don't need.

I saw one of my stores still has seven or eight TiVo HDs. Those worth picking up for $12 or so? Other than that, though, most of it looks like "junk". Your stores have better stuff?[/QUOTE]
Actually I thought that Hawaiiboy said those Tivo HD's weren't dropping lower than $25.

As for me, I'm hoping beyond hope that the army worth of Little Big Planet 2 plush toys are still there at opening at the one store. They had like 6-10+ of them. For $1.29 each maybe I'll re-create a battle scene from Caesar's civil war using the ones I have already(2 normal ones, one Caesar, one pirate one) cuz I think 1-3 of them are the 'Caesar' ones in Roman garb, 2-3 of them are in pirate garb, 1-2 are in samurai or Chop Suey(or whatever they're called), 1-2 are in the voodoo mask appearance and the rest are all just standard Sackboys.

Either that or I'll just give one of each variety to each of my buddies nieces when they come in for the summer.

Plus I saw a few Koss headsets there(the $7.50 n no lower supposedly ones). I know at least 1-2 folks on here mentioned wanting 1-2 more sets if they could find them. At least 2 of the 3 stores had shittons of the Koss earbuds too, so maybe I'll grab a nice variety of those at $1.49 a set in case someone I know wants a set or three.

Besides all that maybe I'll grab 3-5 Snuggies n gift em to relatives/friends and a couple of the framed art.

Oh and a shitton of Kodak batteries at $.29 a pack;) Can never have too many batteries, specially since everything seems to have a frickin' remote control nowadays.:booty:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually I thought that Hawaiiboy said those Tivo HD's weren't dropping lower than $25.

As for me, I'm hoping beyond hope that the army worth of Little Big Planet 2 plush toys are still there at opening at the one store. They had like 6-10+ of them. For $1.29 each maybe I'll re-create a battle scene from Caesar's civil war cuz I think 2-4 of them are the 'Caesar' ones in Roman garb, 2-3 of them are in pirate garb, 1-2 are in samurai or Chop Suey(or whatever they're called), 1-2 are in the voodoo mask appearance and the rest are all just standard Sackboys.

Either that or I'll just give one of each variety to each of my buddies nieces when they come in for the summer.

Plus I saw a few Koss headsets there(the $7.50 n no lower supposedly ones). I know at least 1-2 folks on here mentioned wanting 1-2 more sets if they could find them.

Besides all that maybe I'll grab 3-5 Snuggies n gift em to relatives/friends and a couple of the framed art.

Oh and a shitton of Kodak batteries at $.29 a pack;) Can never have too many batteries, specially since everything seems to have a frickin' remote control nowadays.:booty:
[/QUOTE]

Coo-cool. Well, I wish you the best!

I'll drop by tomorrow afternoon and check the TiVos. If they're not dropping below $25, though... well, then... Meh. ;p

I'll grab a couple Koss headphones though. There were like seven or eight two days ago. I'll sell them to those on here who want them at cost. No biggie.

Good luck to everyone here.

I was actually looking into the Tivo(s)(closest store had two, one non HD and one HD) in the event I wanted to try n redo my PC setup. Depending on the kind of HDD installed in it I might just rip em open n take the drive out of it for my computer if it's big enough.

I think I only have an 80gb in this 4-5 yr old PC and I'm running outta room on it now.

So, is it clear whether PS3's are getting discounted like the DS units? I never saw any at my local stores but never asked either.

Considering I still have one of those Target coupons, it'll have to be a big drop in order for me to get it at BBV (plus I gotta find one first)

So... Just ran to my local BBV at open and everything is still 75% off... Manager looked at his sheet and it doesn't look like it's dropping today, but tomorrow... YMMV????

We did a price scan on the little Koss earbuds and they still came up at $3.74.

Hardware bundles dropped in price ie transformers 80gb dropped to $87.50 though I don't think anyone has ever found one. Consoles alone have not dropped still $300 for the 160gb.

DS lites are $25 if anyone can still find any.

Koss headphones have NOT dropped.

Hdmi cables have dropped. $1.99 for the 25 ft.

I'll try and get to everyones q's when I get a chance to reread the thread. Those are just a few of the things I looked up so far.

So... Just ran to my local BBV at open and everything is still 75% off... Manager looked at his sheet and it doesn't look like it's dropping today, but tomorrow... YMMV????

We did a price scan on the little Koss earbuds and they still came up at $3.74.

Tell him to look harder. There are like 4 reprice sheets with everthing on them. Koss is one of the items that didn't drop.

First report:

25ft HDMI 90%
Batteries 90%
Kingston and transcend 2gb SD cards 90%
Candy earbuds 90%
Power washer 90%
Framed art 90%

Koss colored earbuds NOT 90%
These are still 75%

[quote name='dys006']First report:

25ft HDMI 90%
Batteries 90%
Candy earbuds 90%
Power washer 90%
Framed art 90%

These are still 75%[/QUOTE]

Aaaaahhhh... I scanned the wrong shit! Going back now. Thanks!

[quote name='locater918']Can someone check the wii controllers. I can't go until my lunch break.[/QUOTE]

I went to the Pasadena, MD BBV and had them scan the wii remote. Came up to regular price? Is all game stuff not on clearance? Also, I took one of those Koss color earbuds that is in plastic and came up $14.99? (not the one in the box) can someone check to see the price of the koss ear bud in the small box.
I did get the Koss U-40 headphones for $7.49. Looks like $7.49 is the lowest price. It was funny, at opening a guy beat me there and he was grabbing all the G2 sweapers and game accessories.

There was another guy that came in and got Dexter, clockwork orange, and other frames. I left it there because I didnt want to take everything.

The things I got:
Koss U-40 $7.49
Clockwork orange ( The white frame, not sure what it was but looked cool)
titans

The only frame i really wanted was iron man 2 which i got for $7.50 last week and was happy to pay that price since i knew stuff wasnt going to last until now.

it was nice meeting a follow CAG today. If u read this, what is your CAG name?

Everyone, the frames are awsome. Thank you. Please consider others and dont be buying like all the frames lol

Hawaiiboy- thank you so much with this deal. Happy with my iron man 2 frame:D Does anyone know what good to get to be used to hang these large frames? There was a PS3 with spiderman 3 bundle in BBV today, but was sending it back because it was damaged:cry:
The nintendo ds is probably gone by now, but that be a crazy price to get it for $25. LOL. The employee probably was hiding it, which i dont blame them. I got really lucky last week on a Wednesday later night and somehow got one. Sound like the manager told everyone it was sold out and was hiding it. At $50 NEW, already seems like a good price. I left many frames behind since i dont have the space, but happy with iron man 2. Wasnt planning on getting clockwork orange white frame, but i giving that away.

Again, thank you Hawaiiboy. Please keep us updated on the blu ray sells.

Tell him to look harder. There are like 4 reprice sheets with everthing on them. Koss is one of the items that didn't drop.[/QUOTE]

Apparently Wiis are 50 bucks, still in a blockbuster debating it. Already took one load to my car. 2gb thumb drive $.99, tons of framed art for my new apt including a star trek one (says BBV exclusive) for $.49!! Happy days fellas. Thanks to everyone who keeps the thread updated.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Apparently Wiis are 50 bucks, still in a blockbuster debating it. Already took one load to my car. 2gb thumb drive $.99, tons of framed art for my new apt including a star trek one (says BBV exclusive) for $.49!! Happy days fellas. Thanks to everyone who keeps the thread updated.[/QUOTE]

What? Get that Wii! Thats a steal even if it collects dust.
Can u post a image of the star trek frame?

This is the frame of clockwork orange that i got today. i dont understand why so many love the movie. maybe i should rent it and see....

http://www.fpe-online.com/NEW-RELEASES/A-Clockwork-Orange-Framed-Movie-Posters

I'm posting from my phone I'll post a pic when I get home, and when I was thinking about the Wii an employee grabbed it and put it in the back. Not a big loss everyone I know has a wii and as a former retail employee Im sure the guy deserves a cheap system.

[quote name='The Punisher']What? Get that Wii! Thats a steal even if it collects dust.
Can u post a image of the star trek frame?

This is the frame of clockwork orange that i got today. i dont understand why so many love the movie. maybe i should rent it and see....

http://www.fpe-online.com/NEW-RELEASES/A-Clockwork-Orange-Framed-Movie-Posters[/QUOTE]

It is an amazing classic film that I love, but I definitely recommend researching it a little before getting it. It doesn't mean much now but it was rated X when it was first released. It's kind of a love it or hate it film. It's not gruesomely violent or overly sexual, but it's just more "disturbing." Kubrick deleted something like 35 seconds of footage to make it rated R.

sorry if this has been asked but is the clearance price automatic when it is scanned or do employee's have to scan something for it to be 90% off?

[quote name='josh62488']sorry if this has been asked but is the clearance price automatic when it is scanned or do employee's have to scan something for it to be 90% off?[/QUOTE]

Its automatic when scan. Employees cannot override the price.

[quote name='josh62488']sorry if this has been asked but is the clearance price automatic when it is scanned or do employee's have to scan something for it to be 90% off?[/QUOTE]

It will be automatic.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I'm posting from my phone I'll post a pic when I get home, and when I was thinking about the Wii an employee grabbed it and put it in the back. Not a big loss everyone I know has a wii and as a former retail employee Im sure the guy deserves a cheap system.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear that u leaving it for the employee. They do deserve much more.
Redbox is nice, but sometimes i like renting some old movies. hope they stay in business.

[quote name='The Punisher']I went to the Pasadena, MD BBV and had them scan the wii remote. Came up to regular price? Is all game stuff not on clearance? Also, I took one of those Koss color earbuds that is in plastic and came up $14.99? (not the one in the box) can someone check to see the price of the koss ear bud in the small box.
I did get the Koss U-40 headphones for $7.49. Looks like $7.49 is the lowest price. It was funny, at opening a guy beat me there and he was grabbing all the G2 sweapers and game accessories.

There was another guy that came in and got Dexter, clockwork orange, and other frames. I left it there because I didnt want to take everything.

The things I got:
Koss U-40 $7.49
Clockwork orange ( The white frame, not sure what it was but looked cool)
titans

The only frame i really wanted was iron man 2 which i got for $7.50 last week and was happy to pay that price since i knew stuff wasnt going to last until now.

it was nice meeting a follow CAG today. If u read this, what is your CAG name?

Everyone, the frames are awsome. Thank you. Please consider others and dont be buying like all the frames lol[/QUOTE]

What's left at that store? The store did have DS Lites and consoles when I went during the 50% off, but it looks like they sold out even before the 75% started unfortunately. :cry: They seemed to have a better selection than Columbia and definitely better than Glen Burnie.

Second report:

Nintendo wall decals 90%
As seen on TV 90% (all of it)
True blood, Glee stuff 90%
Star Wars plush 90%
Pokemon plush 90%
Other wall decals 90%
Posters 90%

Flash drives and cards with games 50%
Nintendo 'crystal' decals 50%

Got back from Blockbuster and here is my report:

1) New games have dropped to 75% off. Picked up Lost Planet 2 for $5 and Wii Play with Remote for $12.50.

2) 25 ft. HDMI cables are now at $1.99. Picked up one.

3) Xbox Live 3 month gold cards (clamshell case) are at 90% off! I bought a year's worth for $8!!!! Yeah!

4) Sony remote (RMV210) is 79 cents! Picked up one.

5) Reconfirm headphones did not drop - big or small.

6) Game guides are still at 50% off.

7) SOME Kodak batteries are still the same. Picked up AAA packs at 29
cents each. 9 volt were further clearanced. Not sure about others.

8) Nintendo sicker sheets still rang up at $2.50 =(.

9) PS3 HDMI Cable and Usb cord package was $4. Picked one up.

I recommend you have the employees price check items because the store I went to had innacurate prices on their stuff. Thanks to everyone for keeping the information coming in. Hope this helps someone.

[quote name='dys006']First report:

25ft HDMI 90%
Batteries 90%
Candy earbuds 90%
Power washer 90%
Framed art 90%

These are still 75%[/QUOTE]
There was either a 2 or 4gb Kingston SD card with some notebook games on it that did NOT drop. It was still $6.49 for those.

Either way I spent $60+ at the first store(army of LBP2 plushes, 4 Snuggies for $1.50 each or so, shitload of keychains for $.49 and so on each and two of the Koss U-40 headphones for $7.49 each.

But at least one pair of those may be spoken for already.

Oh and BTW the Sony branded HDMI cable/10 foot USB charging cable packs are $3.99(90% off). But those are I believe V1.2 and not the most recent ones.

FYI: The Tivo HD's did NOT drop either. They're still $25. Each of the stores I stopped at had 1-4 YooStar units marked clearance. Original price was $99.99 and some were MIA since yesterday, so I'm thinking those may have dropped to $10 each.

Hopefully my family likes Lady Gaga cuz they're each getting a copy of her CD, a Snuggie, a LBP2 plush n some batteries for Christmas/birthdays.:lol:

One last edit before I forget. Those Nintendo wall sticker things are likely 90% too and I saw one with Donkey Kong there that said.....GAMESTOP EXCLUSIVE on the package.:rofl:

I got a bunch of NFL snuggies for 1.99 each and a maroon 5 cd for 1.49. I asked an employee to check the price on the snuggies for me because it was marked 75% off and she said no, so I asked her again and she was hesitant but did it.:roll:

Just so I get this right...

All Blockbusters are essentially clearing out everything but their rentals and used products?

Is this at all Blockbusters?

I got some good stuff.Grabbed a couple more LBP Sackboys, some various 4GB Micro-SD and 4GB thumb drives, a Gaga cd, 3 25-ft HDMIs (for coworkers, I had all 4 of them but put one back), a really cool UFC coffee table book called Fighter or something, an Oprah cookbook, and a pair of Koss ear buds (the ones that didn't drop).The only wall art that was left was the Dexter "Do Not Cross" picture. I decided not to get it. Everything else was gone, but I'm not too broken up over it. I wouldn't have had room for the amount I would have bought last week and it saved me a bit of money. The Snuggies were all gone. I was going to grab a couple but oh well.The only thing I am disappointed over is the lack of Pillow Pets. I grabbed a Ladybug for my daughter last week and kept telling her all weekend "Daddy is gonna bring home puppies and dolphins and lions!" But nope, all sold out. I also really wanted to get her some of the reusable wall stickers, the Disney Princess and Sesame Street ones, but the lady at the register said those were excluded from the clearance. Whatev's. I still feel like I made out like a bandit.

Thanks to HB for the updates on this sale. Saw that the 90% clearance had been pushed ahead to this week, and I made sure I was there first thing this morning. I had scored the big Koss and Sony headphones when they were at 75% off figuring they would sell out quickly. I was right as there were none left today. I had also picked up a couple pairs of Koss earbuds at 75%. They remain at only 75%, but I picked up some Sony MDR-EX32LP earbuds for 90% off ($1.69). I had picked up a Mortal Kombat game guide for 75% off last week. They had marked guides back to the correct 50% discount. I picked up three snuggies ($1.49 ea), two 25-ft hdmi cables ($1.99 ea), a Wii 2000 points card ($1.99), three LBP plushies ($1.29 ea), two Xbox 360 wireless controllers ($5.00 ea), a Nightmare before Christmas throw ($1.49), A bunch of D batteries ($0.29 ea), a couple of 4GB USB drives ($1.49 ea), and some As Seen on TV stuff like the water jet ($1.99) and Jupiter Jack ($0.99). Really happy with the great haul the last couple of weeks, and especially today.

[quote name='imacgod']What's left at that store? The store did have DS Lites and consoles when I went during the 50% off, but it looks like they sold out even before the 75% started unfortunately. :cry: They seemed to have a better selection than Columbia and definitely better than Glen Burnie.[/QUOTE]

Imacgod,
im not sure. Did u get a ds lite or consoles at the store? I know a lady said last week that she got the 360 and ds lite. There is a lot of the koss ear buds in a box, 3 koss u-40 headphones behind the cashier. There wasnt much left. I scan the game accessories, but came up at regular price.

Yeah ,i went to columbia last week and lucked out on a ds lite red.
They didnt have any good stuff left besides a reaper frame and twilight.

Silver spring, rockville ,and glen burnie is cleaned out of good stuff before the 90% took effect.

There was a guy this morning that clean out with the as seen on tv and other stuff.

bread's done
Back