The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

See here for the deal: http://www.blockbuster.com/stores

There used to be a coupon to print for it, but now stores should have the bar code to scan at the register.  If not, show them their own web page (above) and maybe they will figure it out.

See BlockbusterGuy's thread for a list of titles eligible under (and commonly found at BBV) for the promo:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310423-blockbuster-video-4th-of-july-sale-bogo/

Coming July 2nd: B1G1 free on games $29.99 and under

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that anything below here might be out of date. To be honest, I have no idea if Blockbuster even takes games for trade-in any more!

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos, post any trade-in values you have obtained, and discuss new and used game selection and availability. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Blockbuster store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (BBVto Amazon to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from BBV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit will be placed onto your store account
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Depending on state law you may or may not get sales tax added to your trade-ins (and thus get more than normal). You will always be charged sales tax where applicable on purchases.

Current Trade-In Deals
There are no trade-in deals at this time nor have there been for a very very long time. They did however just recently cut down all their trade-in values to Gamestop-like levels (but without deals to make them more appealing as at GS).

Trade-In Values

Trade-in prices are usually universal at Blockbuster, but can be wildly different at franchise Blockbuster stores. Used game prices change on Monday. We are not currently sure when trade-in values get updated but a few years ago it used to be on Mondays. Any quotes given in this thread may thus be good through Sunday of the current week. If you want to be sure to get the same value another CAG has reported then do your trading by Sunday as the price may drop on Monday.

Also note that many stores will no longer accept video games without cover art. This is the official policy for DVD trade-ins but apparently many clerks will confuse the two and not allow it for games either. Just beware that it might be a hassle if you have a disc-only game to trade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Blockbuster/Gamerush Threads (dating back to June 2005!):
1 (by no means the first one but the earliest that can be found - check it out for some drama)
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Dark Rider, I know where I posted the trade thread.

I posted the trade thread there because you need to have mod level permissions to post a master trade thread in the master trade thread forum.[/QUOTE]

Okay.

Sorry, I was worried you had accidentally posted it there.

I think you're all trying to call out the bbv employees on these ps3's for saying that they won't scan them but only the fat model is clearenced. I'm sure most of you are seeing the new slim's and getting pissed when they tell you it's not marked down because well it isn't.

And if bbv employees want to hold stuff in the back for themselves, good for them. They get treated like shit and are underpayed at least getting first dibs is something for them.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I think you're all trying to call out the bbv employees on these ps3's for saying that they won't scan them but only the fat model is clearenced. I'm sure most of you are seeing the new slim's and getting pissed when they tell you it's not marked down because well it isn't.

And if bbv employees want to hold stuff in the back for themselves, good for them. They get treated like shit and are underpayed at least getting first dibs is something for them.[/QUOTE]

Have to disagree... BBV is known for having things priced wrong and their employees are known for being uninformed about pricing and current deals. At my store things are ALWAYS priced wrong and on a regular basis employees have to consult managers about current deals. So basically what I'm saying is that it's in everybody's right to have it scanned. Now if the employee has just scanned it and they know for a fact it's not on sale, yet keep getting asked about it...then they should just put a sign on it saying it is NOT included in the clearance deal.

Also I disagree about them holding stuff. If they can't buy it while on the clock more than likely it's also against the rules to hold it. And just think for a second if employees did this on a regular basis at all stores...what would be the point of clearance and/or deals anywhere? There would be none because the employees would just buy up everything and flip it.

FYI, the new Alice: Madness Returns has a code in it for a download of the original Alice game. 1st person to rent the game gets the code for free!!!! (if they didn't remove the coupon from the box).

[quote name='JKSonic']Have to disagree... BBV is known for having things priced wrong and their employees are known for being uninformed about pricing and current deals. At my store things are ALWAYS priced wrong and on a regular basis employees have to consult managers about current deals. So basically what I'm saying is that it's in everybody's right to have it scanned. Now if the employee has just scanned it and they know for a fact it's not on sale, yet keep getting asked about it...then they should just put a sign on it saying it is NOT included in the clearance deal.

Also I disagree about them holding stuff. If they can't buy it while on the clock more than likely it's also against the rules to hold it. And just think for a second if employees did this on a regular basis at all stores...what would be the point of clearance and/or deals anywhere? There would be none because the employees would just buy up everything and flip it.[/QUOTE]

Why? Any customer can put something on hold for 24 hours so why shouldn't an employee be allowed to? You aren't any more entitled to it as they are. And for that matter, why just speak out about bbv employees hoarding and flipping. What about all the people in this thread. I don't see anyone call them out. If flippings okay then the bbv employees should have just as much right to this shit as us.

And I'm positive that the slims are not on sale as other's have posted here besides me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='exileinoblivion']I think you're all trying to call out the bbv employees on these ps3's for saying that they won't scan them but only the fat model is clearenced. I'm sure most of you are seeing the new slim's and getting pissed when they tell you it's not marked down because well it isn't.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JKSonic']Have to disagree... BBV is known for having things priced wrong and their employees are known for being uninformed about pricing and current deals. At my store things are ALWAYS priced wrong and on a regular basis employees have to consult managers about current deals. So basically what I'm saying is that it's in everybody's right to have it scanned. Now if the employee has just scanned it and they know for a fact it's not on sale, yet keep getting asked about it...then they should just put a sign on it saying it is NOT included in the clearance deal.[/QUOTE]

I agree, on day 1 they don't know the right prices, but by day 2, they usually know.

If anyone is having a really hard time with employees not scan items for a price check.....tell them "please either price check it ....or you're going to do a credit adjustment for voiding a sale, your choice."

So far, all the BBV employees price checked for me. The hardest I pushed was saying "please".

So didnt even realize that Batman Gotham Knights blu-ray comes with 4 Batman Animated Series episodes, that makes the purchase even more sweet.

Thanks again Hawaiiboy and BBV!

[quote name='The Punisher']Im a newb. Where do I get this wire? What is the name so I can ask at walmart.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]
In the hardware dept there are "picture frame hanging kits" with the wire, nails and picture hanging hooks and/or screws and anchors.

Went yesterday late afternoon, not such a great selection, but ok none the less.
Kingston 2GB MicroSD w adapter - .79 x4
Transcend 4GB MicroSD w adapter - 1.49
4GB USB drive - 1.49 x3 (cant remember the brand atm)
Tron Keychains (pewter TRON logo) - .59 x2
Tron Lanyard w helmet - .59 x2
Where the Wild Things Are wall stickies (reusabale) - .31
Nintendo Wall Sticker (Samus) - 1.49
Bendaroos Sea Creatures - .99 x2 (lady behind me cleared out the remaining 8 sets, lucky I pulled 2 to look at)

My store did not have any new games (bummer) and the KossUR40 rang up 29.99 (I took the monkey's word on that, so I didnt get it, but it it were 7.xx then I would have bought it). I also passed on a Link reusable sticker set which was 2.49 (looked good but not 2.49 good, spoiled I guess).

edit to add, I overheard the manager say she didnt mark down the posters yet, but their selection was crap so I didnt bother sticking around. I doubt everything was marked correctly, since I saw the Pokemon plushies were marked 7.xx or more, so I didnt bother asking for a scan. I was hoping to find some LBP sackboys but no luck. They had a bunch of As Seen On TV crap too, but didnt bother.

[quote name='stoned99']FYI, the new Alice: Madness Returns has a code in it for a download of the original Alice game. 1st person to rent the game gets the code for free!!!! (if they didn't remove the coupon from the box).[/QUOTE]

AFAIK, you need the new Alice disc to play the old game. So you would get it free, but you'd only be able to play it as long as you had the rental.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Why? Any customer can put something on hold for 24 hours so why shouldn't an employee be allowed to? You aren't any more entitled to it as they are.

And I'm positive that the slims are not on sale as other's have posted here besides me.[/QUOTE]
YMMV. I'm not sure about the 24hr hold....2 employees told me that they can't hold any clearance items. And a few employees told me that the items behind them were already sold. (TivoHD, Koss Headphones, few games, etc).

Just wanted to drop by and say thank you to HB and the rest of the people in this thread who contributed all the updated prices :D. I got:

Sony MDR-V150 headphones- $1.69
Koss UR-40- $7.49
Call of Duty Black Ops Framed Art- $7.49
Reservoir Dogs Framed Art- $2.99
Bob Marley Small Framed Art- $1.99
Motion Photography and UFC Fighters Book- $1.30 each
4gb Kingston USB drive- $3.74
4gb Kingston MicroSD card-(can't remember the exact price on this but it was really cheap like a dollar and change if I'm not wrong)
Grabbed 2-3 DVD's from there 99 cent deal

Unfortunately no new games, consoles, or accessories at the store but they have a pretty decent used selection of games so I will be on the lookout for news of the B1G1 under $14.99 again.

Btw posters look like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Justin-Meeting-Place-Poster-Print/dp/B002EX26SU/ref=pd_sim_hg_1

http://www.amazon.com/Black-23x35-Poster-Print-22x34/dp/B0044TVDOA/ref=pd_sim_hg_1

I also saw this fight club one but I wasn't sure if I had the room to hang it up and it looked okay. I wanted to get some opinions on whether I should go back and get it:

http://www.amazon.com/First-Rule-Pop-Art-Poster-Collections/dp/B002LBATL6/ref=pd_sim_hg_4

Here's my haul:
Sony HDMI cables $4
Screen cleaner X2 $.50
Brothers in Arms Highway to Hell Collectors Edition $10
Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time $7.50
Mortal Kombat VS DC Collectors Edition $5
UFC 2010 $7.50
Darksiders $10
Bioshock 2 $5
Bloodstone 007 $10

All games were brand new, surprised they were available. Especially MK VS DC.

[quote name='paradise2894']Just wanted to drop by and say thank you to HB and the rest of the people in this thread who contributed all the updated prices :D. I got:

Sony MDR-V150 headphones- $1.69
Koss UR-40- $7.49
Call of Duty Black Ops Framed Art- $7.49
Reservoir Dogs Framed Art- $2.99
Bob Marley Small Framed Art- $1.99
Motion Photography and UFC Fighters Book- $1.30 each
4gb Kingston USB drive- $3.74
4gb Kingston MicroSD card-(can't remember the exact price on this but it was really cheap like a dollar and change if I'm not wrong)
Grabbed 2-3 DVD's from there 99 cent deal

Unfortunately no new games, consoles, or accessories at the store but they have a pretty decent used selection of games so I will be on the lookout for news of the B1G1 under $14.99 again.

Btw posters look like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Justin-Meeting-Place-Poster-Print/dp/B002EX26SU/ref=pd_sim_hg_1

http://www.amazon.com/Black-23x35-Poster-Print-22x34/dp/B0044TVDOA/ref=pd_sim_hg_1

I also saw this fight club one but I wasn't sure if I had the room to hang it up and it looked okay. I wanted to get some opinions on whether I should go back and get it:

http://www.amazon.com/First-Rule-Pop-Art-Poster-Collections/dp/B002LBATL6/ref=pd_sim_hg_4[/QUOTE]

nice pickups would of loved to get a blackops framed poster to go in the game room! could not find any game related stuff so i just grabbed the despicable me framed poster and dk wall sticker

Not a great haul, but got

1x pokemon plush - $0.79
1x poster tack (putty) - $0.09

Did saw a few Toshiba blu-ray players that advertises with $15 blockbuster thing for $149.99. Unfortunately scanned at full price.

Besides of that, nothing much was left. The Kodak batteries scanned full price also.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Why? Any customer can put something on hold for 24 hours so why shouldn't an employee be allowed to? You aren't any more entitled to it as they are. And for that matter, why just speak out about bbv employees hoarding and flipping. What about all the people in this thread. I don't see anyone call them out. If flippings okay then the bbv employees should have just as much right to this shit as us.
[/QUOTE]

Actually, yes they are less entitled to it than we are...that's part of the job. If you're going to say what you are, you then have to say we're also entitled to the employee discounts. You need to think of the bigger picture here though, you can't just say this about BBV you have to say it about everywhere. If employees all over were allowed to do this it would be total chaos and most sales/deals would be pointless. Guess would end up happening? Most places would make rules against it...just like they have now.

As far as flipping being ok, I support it in moderation. I think there is definitely a point where it's pushed too far and it's really up to each person to be "moral" about it.

[quote name='JKSonic']Actually, yes they are less entitled to it than we are...that's part of the job. If you're going to say what you are, you then have to say we're also entitled to the employee discounts. You need to think of the bigger picture here though, you can't just say this about BBV you have to say it about everywhere. If employees all over were allowed to do this it would be total chaos and most sales/deals would be pointless. Guess would end up happening? Most places would make rules against it...just like they have now.

As far as flipping being ok, I support it in moderation. I think there is definitely a point where it's pushed too far and it's really up to each person to be "moral" about it.[/QUOTE]

No, it's not part of their job. I worked there briefly a few years back and when I asked my manager if there was a policy against this I was told that there wasn't. So it may be policy elsewhere but it's not at bbv.

The selfishness on this site is astounding, people want to brag about hoarding and then bitch when they have been outhoarded.

[quote name='hslin']Here's my haul:
Sony HDMI cables $4
Screen cleaner X2 $.50
Brothers in Arms Highway to Hell Collectors Edition $10
Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time $7.50
Mortal Kombat VS DC Collectors Edition $5
UFC 2010 $7.50
Darksiders $10
Bioshock 2 $5
Bloodstone 007 $10

All games were brand new, surprised they were available. Especially MK VS DC.[/QUOTE]

Were those games for the PS3 or the xbox?

[quote name='exileinoblivion']No, it's not part of their job. I worked there briefly a few years back and when I asked my manager if there was a policy against this I was told that there wasn't. So it may be policy elsewhere but it's not at bbv.

The selfishness on this site is astounding, people want to brag about hoarding and then bitch when they have been outhoarded.[/QUOTE]

A) Policies can change within a day... what was true then may not be true now. As far as things like this its not uncommon for companies to have different rules though.
B) It is cheapASSgamer. It's always funny when people forget the ass part... I mean look at some people.
C) I personally am ok with the staff getting something out of this and people are blowing this out of proportion. I personally called 10 stores that I would be driving to and none had prepaid cards/systems/anything special. Only 1 had a Tivo's and a few had LBP plushies. The vast majority of people are just getting HDMI cords, plushies, or other such stuff. Sometimes its hard to forget that most of the vocal people want to show off what they pulled in (cause it is a forum after all), but most had humble takes. I personally got 9 LBP plushies and cleaned out two stores. 6 are different and 3 im going to give away. So some people do have some moderation.

[quote name='trailmix10']nice pickups would of loved to get a blackops framed poster to go in the game room! could not find any game related stuff so i just grabbed the despicable me framed poster and dk wall sticker[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. Yeah I grabbed the Black Ops one when it was only 75% off because I wasn't sure if it would last till the 90% but when I came in this past monday the guy working didn't even know that all the stuff was 90% off and everything seemed like it was untouched. I was kinda hoping to score a DS Lite or a Wii and/or maybe even some PS3 games but no luck

[quote name='arsenal_fan']Were those games for the PS3 or the xbox?[/QUOTE]

All of the games were for the Xbox 360 besides Ratchet and Clank, Darksiders, and Bioshock 2. Got my games at the School Street and Kahala Mall locations in Honolulu, Hawaii.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']No, it's not part of their job. I worked there briefly a few years back and when I asked my manager if there was a policy against this I was told that there wasn't. So it may be policy elsewhere but it's not at bbv.

The selfishness on this site is astounding, people want to brag about hoarding and then bitch when they have been outhoarded.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I'm not going to argue beyond this because it's obviously pointless. Again, you need to think of the bigger picture here. Most places do not allow employees to purchase stuff while they are on the clock and in turn do not allow them to set things aside. Just as getting employee discounts are a perk, not getting first dibs on deals is a disadvantage. Letting employees do this is very unfair to the customers and making money FROM customers is what a business is all about.

LOL @ the guy trying to defend BBV employees for keeping stuff hidden for themselves and refusing to scan. There's nothing right about that. I've worked in customer service myself buddy, you can't misinform customers just because you want something instead of them. If you were really interested in buying something, wait for your lunch break, and then go and buy it and put it away in your car or something. At that point you would be just a customer. Hiding it behind the counter so you can save it for yourself later is morally wrong.

And don't even get me started on the refusal to scan thing. It's definitely not BBV's policy to refuse things the way I'm hearing. At every BBV I went to, they were nothing but kind to me, even when I was becoming a little bit annoying by asking them to scan too many things. This is what customer service is.. you SERVE the customer and assist them so they can make purchases. The store didn't hire you so you can talk back to the customers and give them attitude.

For anyone else having trouble with the scans, simply ask nicely. Saying please and thank you got me pretty far with that. If they still have a stick up their ass about scanning an item then it's pretty clear they're trying to hoarde stuff for themselves. Ask for a manager or something. Usually they'll end up scanning them.

[quote name='CAG90210']Not a great haul, but got

1x pokemon plush - $0.79
1x poster tack (putty) - $0.09

Did saw a few Toshiba blu-ray players that advertises with $15 blockbuster thing for $149.99. Unfortunately scanned at full price.

Besides of that, nothing much was left. The Kodak batteries scanned full price also.[/QUOTE]

I did see a blu-ray player last time I went at 2 different stores and they both rang up 150. One of the employees told me the regular price on it was 250 or something so I guess it was on sale but I didn't feel like throwing down 150$ on the spot that day so I didn't bite on it. I was hoping it would be a little cheaper than that. Oh well.

I'm not sure if that deal is over yet or not but I think it should still be running. Maybe you saw a different model player?

[quote name='hslin']All of the games were for the Xbox 360 besides Ratchet and Clank, Darksiders, and Bioshock 2. Got my games at the School Street and Kahala Mall locations in Honolulu, Hawaii.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Bloodstone 007 shows up as $25 and UFC 2010 shows up as $9.99 in Google Shopping at a nearby blockbuster and I have found Google's price prediction to be accurate every time I've been to a Blockbuster. Thinking it may be a price drop then.

Decided to stop in again. Didn't get much.

4 Tron Keychains - One of each kind. Logo, light cycle, helmet, lanyard with helmet.
Rolling Stones keychain
Fighters UFC book
Screen cleaner
3 Toy Story posters
4 Despicable Me film cells
F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin - $5 used
Darksiders - $10 new

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I think you're all trying to call out the bbv employees on these ps3's for saying that they won't scan them but only the fat model is clearenced. I'm sure most of you are seeing the new slim's and getting pissed when they tell you it's not marked down because well it isn't.

And if bbv employees want to hold stuff in the back for themselves, good for them. They get treated like shit and are underpayed at least getting first dibs is something for them.[/QUOTE]
I honestly had no problem with employees at closing stores who were likely losing their jobs once the stores closed holding shit for THEMSELVES.

I figured that was a nice lil perk for folks who were likely gonna be unemployed after the stores closed. Although some of them, including the one chick who was a manager at a further off store that closed even before the bankruptcy closings started(and whose hubby is a CAG who thankfully only goes for Blu-Ray deals anymore I think:cool:), have been transferred from store to store as the ones they're at closed.

But many of these folks were also holding stuff for their friends and their relatives and their friends' relatives and any other people even half chummy with them.

So in that respect it ventured into the realm of being total bullshit, if you ask me, since half of the shit that was for sale at the closing stores ended up going into the hold drawers never to be seen by regular customers again.:roll:

It's one thing for an employee to hold ONE thing, but those hold drawers were full to bursting during the closing sales at some stores. I'm pretty sure if someone at corporate found out about all of this stuff being held back they would not have been happy, as that was possible profit being lost right there.

[quote name='paradise2894']Thanks man. Yeah I grabbed the Black Ops one when it was only 75% off because I wasn't sure if it would last till the 90% but when I came in this past monday the guy working didn't even know that all the stuff was 90% off and everything seemed like it was untouched. I was kinda hoping to score a DS Lite or a Wii and/or maybe even some PS3 games but no luck[/QUOTE]

Yea all the game systems were gone at my store as well. Your poster find somehow gave me an idea so I just went to michaels and bought mw2 poster 50% off with coupon so it was 2.99 bought a frame which are all half off right now and bought some card board for the backing. overall came out nice for 20. not as slick as your find but will do for now:cool:

[quote name='paradise2894']Thanks man. Yeah I grabbed the Black Ops one when it was only 75% off because I wasn't sure if it would last till the 90% but when I came in this past monday the guy working didn't even know that all the stuff was 90% off and everything seemed like it was untouched. I was kinda hoping to score a DS Lite or a Wii and/or maybe even some PS3 games but no luck[/QUOTE]

I didn't even know they had black ops posters but when I drove out to a BlockBuster a little farther out they had one left, and even though it was marked 7.49 it rang up for 2.99! Great find, and a very good quality piece. Now I just have to buy that wire thing that people are talking about...

[quote name='trailmix10']Yea all the game systems were gone at my store as well. Your poster find somehow gave me an idea so I just went to michaels and bought mw2 poster 50% off with coupon so it was 2.99 bought a frame which are all half off right now and bought some card board for the backing. overall came out nice for 20. not as slick as your find but will do for now:cool:[/QUOTE]

:applause:

I was also thinking about doing that too once i can get my hands on a terminator poster

[quote name='The Punisher']:applause:

I was also thinking about doing that too once i can get my hands on a terminator poster[/QUOTE]

Try amazon there are sellers selling posters for 3.99 shipped. Never bought one though but feedbacks are at 99% or higher or you can try ebay of course but yea the quality frames being half off right now is a killer deal if you are trying to bring your theater room/gameroom to life

For everyone that hate BBV employees for hiding merchandise,

Yes, it is wrong. They are not allow to hide merchandise or purchase on the clock. These are company policy, but it depends on the manager to enforce it. this does stop them from doing it and besides, if u were working there for a long time u probably do it too. this is human nature.

People that is hating BBV employee because u probably been reading people post of get $2 point cards or ps3, etc. Remember, not all BBV got this stuff. The people that was able to find it was stores that probably been having it or been transfer from closing stores. Be happy to what u can get.

Dont worry, be happy

[quote name='trailmix10']Try amazon there are sellers selling posters for 3.99 shipped. Never bought one though but feedbacks are at 99% or higher or you can try ebay of course but yea the quality frames being half off right now is a killer deal if you are trying to bring your theater room/gameroom to life[/QUOTE]

I got frames from michaels last time when they had a 40% coupon. I used it for my bioshock 2 CE posters :)

[quote name='martinez91']I didn't even know they had black ops posters but when I drove out to a BlockBuster a little farther out they had one left, and even though it was marked 7.49 it rang up for 2.99! Great find, and a very good quality piece. Now I just have to buy that wire thing that people are talking about...[/QUOTE]

Not sure u knew, but all frames is 90% even if they didnt change the tag.

The $30 frames is $2.99 now.

I too also got lucky getting Call of duty BO, JLA, x2 Boomdock saints, clockwork orange white, marvel for $2.99. Cant beat it since its framd up for u.

[quote name='trailmix10']Try amazon there are sellers selling posters for 3.99 shipped. Never bought one though but feedbacks are at 99% or higher or you can try ebay of course but yea the quality frames being half off right now is a killer deal if you are trying to bring your theater room/gameroom to life[/QUOTE]

I saw it. thanks.

I really wanted the terminator salvation frame from BBV online. that look so cool

[quote name='IronZombie']If you were really interested in buying something, wait for your lunch break, and then go and buy it and put it away in your car or something. At that point you would be just a customer. Hiding it behind the counter so you can save it for yourself later is morally wrong.
[/QUOTE]

Morally wrong? No. I disagree. There were plenty of times I would come in for my morning shift at Hollywood video to find that maybe something dropped in price that I wanted to buy and then I would set it aside out of view of customers (very important) to buy later. No one got lunch breaks at hwv.
I don't see anything wrong with it...at least it's still being purchased by someone.

[quote name='super_dawn']Morally wrong? No. I disagree. There were plenty of times I would come in for my morning shift at Hollywood video to find that maybe something dropped in price that I wanted to buy and then I would set it aside out of view of customers (very important) to buy later. No one got lunch breaks at hwv.
I don't see anything wrong with it...at least it's still being purchased by someone.[/QUOTE]

@ super dawn- i agree as long as they purchase it at the end of day and not hiding it for the few weeks or over a month. I seen this happen often when they try to get it dirt cheap.

[quote name='The Punisher']Not sure u knew, but all frames is 90% even if they didnt change the tag.

The $30 frames is $2.99 now.

I too also got lucky getting Call of duty BO, JLA, x2 Boomdock saints, clockwork orange white, marvel for $2.99. Cant beat it since its framd up for u.[/QUOTE]

yeah I knew at that point, as it was the second blockbuster I had visited, they just hadn't changed the prices yet. However I did not see any previous posts of Black Ops posters so I did not know Blockbuster carried them as I normally do business at Family Video.

[quote name='martinez91']yeah I knew at that point, as it was the second blockbuster I had visited, they just hadn't changed the prices yet. However I did not see any previous posts of Black Ops posters so I did not know Blockbuster carried them as I normally do business at Family Video.[/QUOTE]

same here. u should try to get the iron man 2 frame. i think that one is the best besides walking dead.

[quote name='super_dawn']Morally wrong? No. I disagree. There were plenty of times I would come in for my morning shift at Hollywood video to find that maybe something dropped in price that I wanted to buy and then I would set it aside out of view of customers (very important) to buy later. No one got lunch breaks at hwv.
I don't see anything wrong with it...at least it's still being purchased by someone.[/QUOTE]

What you're talking about is maybe taking 1 item and doing that.. what the rest of us are talking about is when they realize there's a deal to be had and take most of the merchandise and stick them in a holding drawer or hide them from customers. That IS wrong. I don't know what your definition of right and wrong is but this is certainly where you draw the line. What's the point of a sale if the customers come into the store and all the good sh**'s gone already? That's not fair marketing, and physically HIDING merchandise so the public doesn't see it and then purchase it.. I'm pretty sure BBV Corporate is strictly against that. You can twist the words any way you like it but there's no way they would agree to that.

And while we're on this subject, what about this whole refusal to scan thing? I admit I haven't run into this problem but several CAGs here have been denied permission to scan an item and were simply told "it's not on sale." They are pretty much misinforming the customers. I'm not saying all BBV employees do this, but the ones that do are definitely in the wrong. Don't try to justify their actions.

Also, I don't know anything about Hollywood Video but there are state laws that require you to have a lunch break if you work a certain number of hours. Perhaps you were working too few hours? Otherwise it's that company's problem if the employees aren't being given breaks. I'm pretty sure BBV gives breaks. There's no excuse to hoard things away so you can keep them for yourself like that.

[quote name='IronZombie']What you're talking about is maybe taking 1 item and doing that.. what the rest of us are talking about is when they realize there's a deal to be had and take most of the merchandise and stick them in a holding drawer or hide them from customers. That IS wrong. I don't know what your definition of right and wrong is but this is certainly where you draw the line. What's the point of a sale if the customers come into the store and all the good sh**'s gone already? That's not fair marketing, and physically HIDING merchandise so the public doesn't see it and then purchase it.. I'm pretty sure BBV Corporate is strictly against that. You can twist the words any way you like it but there's no way they would agree to that.

And while we're on this subject, what about this whole refusal to scan thing? I admit I haven't run into this problem but several CAGs here have been denied permission to scan an item and were simply told "it's not on sale." They are pretty much misinforming the customers. I'm not saying all BBV employees do this, but the ones that do are definitely in the wrong. Don't try to justify their actions.

Also, I don't know anything about Hollywood Video but there are state laws that require you to have a lunch break if you work a certain number of hours. Perhaps you were working too few hours? Otherwise it's that company's problem if the employees aren't being given breaks. I'm pretty sure BBV gives breaks. There's no excuse to hoard things away so you can keep them for yourself like that.[/QUOTE]

I agree with u. i had many people that had stuff on hold for over 3 weeks.
Companies dont like it because it hurt the sales. the reason for clearance is because to move the remaining inventory for newer stuff.

the law requires lunch breaks, but many companies dont follow it.
there is ways around it, but u should know already.

[quote name='The Punisher']same here. u should try to get the iron man 2 frame. i think that one is the best besides walking dead.[/QUOTE]

I would've picked up the walking dead in a heartbeat, but the only other posters they had that I recognized was the boondocks saints 2 and both stores had the ridiculous GTL Jersey Shore poster....

[quote name='IronZombie']

Also, I don't know anything about Hollywood Video but there are state laws that require you to have a lunch break if you work a certain number of hours. Perhaps you were working too few hours? Otherwise it's that company's problem if the employees aren't being given breaks. I'm pretty sure BBV gives breaks. There's no excuse to hoard things away so you can keep them for yourself like that.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to guess that you've never had a professional job... I take a lunch break IF I get the chance. Many days that doesn't happen. I know my local BBV manager rarely, if ever, gets to eat while he's at work.

I ened up picking up a crapton of batteries and can openers and keychains. Got lucky and got a pretty good haul of 4 GB thumb drives. I'm giving them out to my other techs.

I just visited my second BBV today without any expectations it is Wednasday and third day after the sale start, but was able to grab some great finds.
*Sony PS 3 official weireless headset - $5
*Dream gear wii chrarging station with batteries - $2
*Green lantern blackest night 34' X24" framet art poster - $2.99
(link to exact poster if someone is interested: http://www.trendsinternational.com/...Code=TI&Product_Code=RP6089&Category_Code=pWN

* Bioshock - PS 3 - $5
* Skate 3 - ps 3 - $7.50
* Borderlands - PS 3- $5
* AC II - PS 3 - $7.50
* 007 quantum of sollace (xbox 360) - $6.25
All games are new sealed

* norwood 3 meters HDMI v 1.3 cable - $1.49 (needed price adjustment, since it ringed $3.49, but they have tag in store to be sold for $1.49)

also alot of SD cards, flashdrives and so on

[quote name='ivos']*Green lantern blackest night 34' X24" framet art poster - $2.99
(link to exact poster if someone is interested: http://www.trendsinternational.com/...Code=TI&Product_Code=RP6089&Category_Code=pWN
[/QUOTE]
So that's the name of the framed art I picked up? Awesome. I'm gonna have to find a better spot for it though cuz right now I have on the back of my couch leaning up against the wall.

Sweet piece of artwork though. But somebody bought the one my closest store had on Monday before I finally got there around 11:30am.:bomb: But after scouting the stores on Sunday night I wanted to hit up the one that was the most well stocked with stuff I still wanted on Monday morning FIRST and then go to the other two in descending order by the stuff I wanted to grab.

I'm hoping it was my one buddy from CAG who picked it up for me though.:)

[quote name='trailmix10']Yea all the game systems were gone at my store as well. Your poster find somehow gave me an idea so I just went to michaels and bought mw2 poster 50% off with coupon so it was 2.99 bought a frame which are all half off right now and bought some card board for the backing. overall came out nice for 20. not as slick as your find but will do for now:cool:[/QUOTE]

Hmm I might just have to by Michaels then because I still have a MW2 poster from the Gamestop pre order deal with all the signatures on it and i wouldn't mind hanging it up too while I'm at it

Second BBV trip:
Where the Wild Things Are wall stickers - 0.39
Curious George wall stickers - 0.49
Despicable Me Film Cell - 0.29 to 0.49 x3
Koss UR40 - 7.xx

PS3 Blu Ray remote control was 24.99, hoped it was going to ring up on sale... no new games for clearance, only $60 games recently released.

Well, since I had to take my mom to the airport I hit up a few more far-flung stores. I know another CAG that probably hit these stores up multiple times so I wasn't expecting too much. The first one was VERY disappointing. They literally only had a handful of things left on their "clearance" table and it was all utter crap. They did have 3 copies of LBP for PS3 (new/sealed) marked $7.99. But given the freebie from PSN I passed on that.

Another store wasn't even there (despite being on the BBV store locator when I checked just today - all the other closed stores have been removed so that was maddening as it was 10 miles out of the way).

At the last one (which I had been to before) they told me they had tons of points cards and controllers but the employees (and manager even) had bought them all up last week. Sounds like they got them at 50% off so I really didn't miss out on those as I would have passed on them then. I hadn't even seen any of those there when the last drop happened, though, so I don't know where they hid these. They pretty much had nothing left either.

But at the second store I went to, where I almost didn't bother going because I knew that other CAG would have been there plus they never have anything good during B1G1 sales, I stumbled upon the find of the sale for me.

It was $22 for all that stuff in the picture. They had it sitting on the counter without updated price tags. Apparently they had just found it in a box in the back. The manager was thrilled that I bought it all up because then they didn't have to bother repricing it ;). I have no idea if that third party PS3 controller is any good but for $3 if it sucks it can just be a toy for my 3 year-old...

[quote name='ninjabenja']Wow io, nice finds this late into the sale![/QUOTE]

Yeah, at this point I figure people are only going to find the cards and headset type stuff if it is still hidden behind the counter (or just unearthed from the back room like my cache there ;)) or, possibly if they just haven't repriced stuff that is sitting out. This sale is under the radar enough that I'm sure some stores still have great stuff out in the open.

bread's done
Back