The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

See here for the deal: http://www.blockbuster.com/stores

There used to be a coupon to print for it, but now stores should have the bar code to scan at the register.  If not, show them their own web page (above) and maybe they will figure it out.

See BlockbusterGuy's thread for a list of titles eligible under (and commonly found at BBV) for the promo:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310423-blockbuster-video-4th-of-july-sale-bogo/

Coming July 2nd: B1G1 free on games $29.99 and under

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that anything below here might be out of date. To be honest, I have no idea if Blockbuster even takes games for trade-in any more!

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos, post any trade-in values you have obtained, and discuss new and used game selection and availability. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Blockbuster store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (BBVto Amazon to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from BBV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit will be placed onto your store account
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Depending on state law you may or may not get sales tax added to your trade-ins (and thus get more than normal). You will always be charged sales tax where applicable on purchases.

Current Trade-In Deals
There are no trade-in deals at this time nor have there been for a very very long time. They did however just recently cut down all their trade-in values to Gamestop-like levels (but without deals to make them more appealing as at GS).

Trade-In Values

Trade-in prices are usually universal at Blockbuster, but can be wildly different at franchise Blockbuster stores. Used game prices change on Monday. We are not currently sure when trade-in values get updated but a few years ago it used to be on Mondays. Any quotes given in this thread may thus be good through Sunday of the current week. If you want to be sure to get the same value another CAG has reported then do your trading by Sunday as the price may drop on Monday.

Also note that many stores will no longer accept video games without cover art. This is the official policy for DVD trade-ins but apparently many clerks will confuse the two and not allow it for games either. Just beware that it might be a hassle if you have a disc-only game to trade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Blockbuster/Gamerush Threads (dating back to June 2005!):
1 (by no means the first one but the earliest that can be found - check it out for some drama)
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Punisher']same here. during the 75% deal, i got a ds lite $50, iron man 2 frame $7.5, fleece blanket $3.74, finding nemo $3.74, disney $2.49.
During 90% i got like 8 frames from marvel, x2 boondock saints, cod black ops, clockwork orange white frame, jla frame, clash of titans $1.49, and alice long frame for $1.99.

How do u like your sony headset? i dont have a ps3, but would like to use for cell phone. im on the fence thinking of getting it. they have about 4 left along with a dreamgear wii charger set for the remote? any good?[/QUOTE]

I've had one for ages since I use a ps3 (and it gives extra options). Its a nice ear piece and the buttons are big enough to make solid use of it, but it starts to hurt my ear after a few hours...

[quote name='admiralvic']I've had one for ages since I use a ps3 (and it gives extra options). Its a nice ear piece and the buttons are big enough to make solid use of it, but it starts to hurt my ear after a few hours...[/QUOTE]

So should i get all 4 for $20? dont know what to do with it. i dont have ebay. worst case would be to trade it in at amazon for $7 or give it away.

yeah, might need to start a BBV clearance anonymus support group. Saw a lot of talk about the Koss earbuds, picked up a couple (3.74), Koss retractable earbuds (.99) and York branded candy earbuds (.49). Alas no more memory cards around. Was hoping to score some microSDs for my PSP (using adapter).

[quote name='bob330i']yeah, might need to start a BBV clearance anonymus support group. Saw a lot of talk about the Koss earbuds, picked up a couple (3.74), Koss retractable earbuds (.99) and York branded candy earbuds (.49). Alas no more memory cards around. Was hoping to score some microSDs for my PSP (using adapter).[/QUOTE]

Sears has the 4gb pro duo for $2.97.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Source?[/QUOTE]

The 4gb by sandisk is in blue and black only.

look at the sears clearance thread. somehow they sold me 6 for $3.97 - 70% off. i think that was a mistake on their part. i pay only $5.xx for all 6

[quote name='Rictor']I spent way too much money at this sale.

Portable DVD for the GF's card, portable DVD player for my Dad's car, Father's Day gifts, Christmas Gifts, a $2 pillow pet for my daughter, God of War III sealed - $7.50, PS3 bluetooth headset ($5), Wii Play w/controller ($12.50), Wii Sports Resort w/Wii Plus ($12.50), Wii controller charging station ($2), Silly Bands (5 cents a pack), band bottle openers (50 cents), stickers (9 cents), books (average 50 cents), As Seen On TV Sweeper ($4 down from $40), Portable TV, MP3 players, SD cards galore, batteries, DVD cleaner, headphones, media player, more headphones, framed art, LBP dolls. When stuff hit 75% off I bought a lot...when it hit 90%, I went crazy.[/QUOTE]
I only spent around $12 when stuff was 75% off and that was on the first four LBP2 plushes. Since the stuff on clearance has gone 90% off I've gone nuts buying shit.:whistle2:#
[quote name='The Punisher']so should i get all 4 sony ps3 headset???[/QUOTE]
Dude. They're $5 each. They were originally $40-50 each. It's a no brainer. Even if you eBayed 2-3 of them and only kept one, there's almost no way you can lose by buying all of them.

Does any one know when the next B1G1 sale is happening? Around end of June or early July???

I'll be in the states then and want to try to time it around that period.

Thanks!

[quote name='SkankButta']Does any one know when the next B1G1 sale is happening? Around end of June or early July???

I'll be in the states then and want to try to time it around that period.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Sounds like 4th of July weekend there may be one.

coool - we have just had a massive buying orgy and now the peoples are looking forward to the next B1G1 - Harcdcore cheapasses all the way.......

[quote name='gripper']coool - we have just had a massive buying orgy and now the peoples are looking forward to the next B1G1 - Harcdcore cheapasses all the way.......[/QUOTE]

I'm just glad July 4th weekend is a few weeks away still - if it was this weekend I think that would be too much even for me ;).

I just stopped by my local BBV and picked up 3 sets of Glee stickers/magnets for 9 cents each along with another PS3 HDMI/USB cable set for $4 (and they still have 3 or 4 more). I got Glee buttons for my daughter yesterday and told her about the stickers and she said "why didn't you get those too!?".

[quote name='io']I'm just glad July 4th weekend is a few weeks away still - if it was this weekend I think that would be too much even for me ;).

.[/QUOTE]

Efffff, you aren't the only one. This .99 bd sale and clearance BROKE me big time... and then my local store managed to put out TWO more end racks of blus at 5.99 (to be marked .99 on the 4th) with amazing newer movies on it.

[quote name='dyeknom']Lucky dog! We have a used game cube at our local store (no idea why or how), no PS3/360 bundles any of the 8 or so in driving distance though. Nephew would have exploded if I found him an arcade system or ps3 for that price.... since they are only a wii family and it kills him.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='io']Damn, no way would I have passed on those. I would have gotten a second 360 as a "Halo playing machine" for my son, if for no other reason.[/QUOTE]
I thought about getting them to sell to CAGs (add a few bucks) or ebayers (add a lot of bucks), but the shipping would kill the savings so I passed. I didn't want to get stuck with them. I only have 1 xbox game, "Beautiful Katamari" that I got last x-mas B1G1 sale for $6.99. It was the only $6.99 game to pair with.

Added: I must go kick myself to death....a CAG PMed me with a great offer.....so I called the manager at BBV, he told me someone bought both of them yesterday. I lost a chance to make a lot profit. I just don't understand why people like this outdated 360. I should bought them and left them in the garage....argh! I feel like an ass...bought a ton of headphone and dolls that I can only gift....and passed on moneymakers.

[quote name='The Punisher']So its worth it for $5? Guess I should try to get it.[/QUOTE]

are both $4.99? THe store here had one, but said it was $4.99, rang it up...He said jus the larger bluetooth was at $4.99, that this was was $49.99. did the fucker lie?

[quote name='romodome']are both $4.99. THe store here had one, but said it was $4.99, rang it up...did the fucker lie?[/QUOTE]
What are you trying to say?

[quote name='Readthepost']What are you trying to say?[/QUOTE]

I think he meant did they both (probably both BT headsets, two different models floating around) ring up 4.99 because where he was at they didnt (even though he checked it)... and is wondering if the employee lied.

Liberal interpretation though. Not responsible for accidents.

This clearance sale is ridiculous, but seems mostly over. During lunch, hit up the BBV in Foothill Ranch, CA. It was pretty picked over, but they had a ton of CDs. Mostly Lady Gaga and the Biebs, so yeah. Crap. I was surprised to see some real music in there as well, and bought Best of Rolling Stones Cd for $1.39. Absurdly cheap. There's a lot of best of Springsteen still there, so if you live in south orange county, and you're a big fan of the Boss (I realize I'm talking to a shrinking subset of CAG here), go for it.

[quote name='dyeknom']I think he meant did they both (probably both BT headsets, two different models floating around) ring up 4.99 because where he was at they didnt (even though he checked it)... and is wondering if the employee lied.

Liberal interpretation though. Not responsible for accidents.[/QUOTE]

The 1.0 headset is $5 and the 2.0 is regular price.

i end up getting 3 ps3 headset 1.0 and 1 wii dock charger.

the bbv employee was shocked and left 1 of each since she wanted to get it too. lol. she didnt have cash and was asking her manager if she could buy it and pay her back.

Not sure if this was even part of the deal here but I did pick up a used copy of X Men Origins Wolverine (360) for 7.99$. Definitely the cheapest I've seen this game. You save 2$ from the GameStop used one and GS's used games are usually beat up, this looked brand new (like the person returned it after playing it once).

There were a few other used games, didn't really get a good look but I'll probably stop in again tomorrow and let you know if I run into any good deals. I'll probably be picking up some more artwork tomorrow if there's any left. I'm really liking the way the ones I already bought are looking in my room. Can't pass this up.

[quote name='dyeknom']Efffff, you aren't the only one. This .99 bd sale and clearance BROKE me big time... and then my local store managed to put out TWO more end racks of blus at 5.99 (to be marked .99 on the 4th) with amazing newer movies on it.[/QUOTE]

Wow, so that's how it works? Do you know where the new .99 bd inventory came from. Did your store get a new shipment or were they sitting in the back room for weeks and they just now put them out? Also, did they mention that they knew for sure that the blurays would drop on the 4th of july? Also, what were some of the amazing newer movies that you remember seeing for $5.99? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm very very very very curious as you can imagine.:bouncy::bouncy:

Found a copy of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PS3) mis-marked at $9.99!
The manager was very cool and didn't even flinch when it rang up at $20
and he had to do an adjustment.

[quote name='brianace']Mostly Lady Gaga and the Biebs, so yeah. Crap.[/QUOTE][quote name='brianace']best of Springsteen[/QUOTE]
Lady Gaga and Bieber are crap but Springsteen isn't? Huh?!

Anyway, I'm curious to see what my store has left now that it is the end of the week. My supervisor wants another 25-foot HDMI, but he's in Lebanon right now, so I told him if they don't have the one I left still, he can have my last spare I bought. But they did have a ton of the 2-meter cables. Curious to see if any Pokemon plushes are left as well. I didn't buy any and don't want any, but there was quite a bit on Monday and it didn't seem like anyone had bought any from last week.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Lady Gaga and Bieber are crap but Springsteen isn't? Huh?!

[/QUOTE]

Born in the USA is an iconic album for a reason. I can agree that the Boss went through a period that was a little too pretentious for my taste, but overall, he's a solid artist. That being said, I didn't buy his CD for $1.39, so I guess you can't call me a fan. Yes. Justin Bieber and Gaga are crap. That's not a cranky old man talking, that is fact.
I won't have to worry about seeing them every time I turn on a TV for too long though, the shelf life is short for their kind of fame.

In videogame related business, has anyone inside the old Blue and Yellow been able to verify that stores will be restocking before the July 4 B1G1? I'm looking at you, Hawaiiboy! I wonder this aloud, as the few BBV's in my area are bombed out and depleted after the last sale.

[quote name='spideymike']Might stop by my local stores to see if they have any Little Big Planet plush left if IATCG didn't buy all of them already. :)[/QUOTE]

I already checked Sprague Rd., Berea, and Ridge Park Square. I didn't check Lakewood and that's the last BBV I know of in the area. If you get any extra I'll take them off your hands.

Anyone visit any BBV's that look like the clearance haven't hit them yet? The one closest to me looks it wants the stuff to move- clearance signs all over, all sale items are placed up front and such.. but 2 locations that I decided to adventure to yesterday pretty much all those things at the 1st location are still full price and there are hardly any clearance tags/75%. Anyone else getting this?

[quote name='JBLAZEisaCAG']Anyone visit any BBV's that look like the clearance haven't hit them yet? The one closest to me looks it wants the stuff to move- clearance signs all over, all sale items are placed up front and such.. but 2 locations that I decided to adventure to yesterday pretty much all those things at the 1st location are still full price and there are hardly any clearance tags/75%. Anyone else getting this?[/QUOTE]

They could be franchised stores, but most likely if these are corporate stores, employees are just lazy and do not tag everything. Did you ask any of them to scan anything or just looked at the tags?

[quote name='could have won']I already checked Sprague Rd., Berea, and Ridge Park Square. I didn't check Lakewood and that's the last BBV I know of in the area. If you get any extra I'll take them off your hands.[/QUOTE]

NOW you post there aren't any at those stores. Those are the exact stores I stopped by. :)

Only thing I picked up at the Sprague Road store was a Wii generic Lightsaber kit, wall stickers for Hello Kitty, Optimus Prime, and Anakin Skywalker, and a mini snake for drain clogs all for $6.30. Not too bad.

Btw, the Berea store clerk told me that there was some guy who was pissed off there were no LBP plush at the store and screamed "Do you know how much I can sell them for on eBay?" Lame.

LBP plushes are worth a lot? I see them on amazon for 12-13. I picked up kick-ass poster frame and wii comp cable. The valuable stuff is long gone but there are scraps/leftovers here and there.

[quote name='spideymike']Might stop by my local stores to see if they have any Little Big Planet plush left if IATCG didn't buy all of them already. :)[/QUOTE]
I haven't ventured into Ohio to check stores, especially since I'm on the far side of PA, far away from OH.

So your LBP plushes are safe.....for now.:evil:

Although I do wish that the 90% clearance was like the $.99 DVD sale and would remain ongoing until the supply of stuff is gone.;) But that's only cuz I wasn't able to get up to Sayre(PA) today cuz my boss changed his mind about going to an auction up in Waverly(NY) today.:cry:

I'm gonna be pissed if I get there next week n the manager there tells me they had a varied selection of crap I haven't picked up yet.:lol: Not that I need anymore shit from this sale.:whistle2:#

But ya know ya can always use more LBP plushes. Or at least I can, I wanna get back to a nice even number(like 30). I'm only 3 shy of that number now.:lol:

Checked both my local BBV's, Scranton & Dunmore, both completely cleaned out. About the only thing left other than movies and games were earbuds for $3.75. Other than that nothing accessory-wise at all.

Always find out about these sales AFTER the stores have been picked clean....

[quote name='praxus07']Checked both my local BBV's, Scranton & Dunmore, both completely cleaned out. About the only thing left other than movies and games were earbuds for $3.75. Other than that nothing accessory-wise at all.

Always find out about these sales AFTER the stores have been picked clean....[/QUOTE]
Are you forgetting about Clarks Summit and Carbondale?;) Carbondale had stacks of the Taylor Swift album for $1.59 and a handful of the LBP2 plushes(4-5), not to mention 3-4 Tivo HD's when I was there Monday afternoon.

I also hit up both West Pittston(had 3 sealed DS games as of the other day) and Hanover Township.

Hanover Township had 3 of the Heeltastic roll-ons for $.79 each and 3-4 LBP2 plushes as well as some keychains n magnets with Marilyn Monroe on them.

I also found two of these Charlie Brown Holiday Collection CD's for $.45 each from the Hanover Township store.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Are you forgetting about Clarks Summit and Carbondale?;) Carbondale had stacks of the Taylor Swift album for $1.59 and a handful of the LBP2 plushes(4-5), not to mention 3-4 Tivo HD's when I was there Monday afternoon.

I also hit up both West Pittston(had 3 sealed DS games as of the other day) and Hanover Township.

Hanover Township had 3 of the Heeltastic roll-ons for $.79 each and 3-4 LBP2 plushes as well as some keychains n magnets with Marilyn Monroe on them.

I also found two of these Charlie Brown Holiday Collection CD's for $.45 each from the Hanover Township store.[/QUOTE]

The only BBV's I go to are the Scranton one (live literally two streets up from it) and the Dunmore one. The others are out of my travel circle, ie too inconvenient to bother with...LOL.

Was really just hoping to find one of those ps3 headsets. At $4.99 it's all I'm willing/able to pay for all the use I'd get out of it.

So everything is supposed to be shipped away on Monday, right? If I stop by during Sunday afternoon, do you think they'd still have things out, or will they all be hiding or packed away ready to be shipped?

I'm heading to visit my grandparents Saturday night and figured I'd stop by the one near them sometime on Sunday just to see what's left.

[quote name='praxus07']The only BBV's I go to are the Scranton one (live literally two streets up from it) and the Dunmore one. The others are out of my travel circle, ie too inconvenient to bother with...LOL.

Was really just hoping to find one of those ps3 headsets. At $4.99 it's all I'm willing/able to pay for all the use I'd get out of it.[/QUOTE]
Well howdy there neighbor. I never knew you lived that close to me.:D It's about a 5-10 minute walk for me to get to the BBV store on Meridian.

It's a damn shame the ones in Edwardsville and Wilkes-Barre closed though, as those were the ones that had the new/sealed games.:cry:

Are you the person who bought the Green Lantern artwork at the Meridian store? Someone bought that one before I could get there on Monday morning.:cry:
[quote name='arsenal_fan']Can we return/exchange a pre-owned game that we purchased even if there is no problem with it?[/QUOTE]
The only thing they'll likely do is provide and exchange for another copy of the same game, unless they're out of stock of them, in which case you may get lucky and be able to pick another game.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Well howdy there neighbor. I never knew you lived that close to me.:D It's about a 5-10 minute walk for me to get to the BBV store on Meridian.

It's a damn shame the ones in Edwardsville and Wilkes-Barre closed though, as those were the ones that had the new/sealed games.:cry:

Are you the person who bought the Green Lantern artwork at the Meridian store? Someone bought that one before I could get there on Monday morning.:cry:

The only thing they'll likely do is provide and exchange for another copy of the same game, unless they're out of stock of them, in which case you may get lucky and be able to pick another game.;)[/QUOTE]

Nope, wasn't me. I'm at that Turkey Hill daily for cigs, but haven't stopped in that BBV in about two months. Their used stuff is always overpriced, so just never think to stop in there.

Last time I stopped in they had Fallout NV for the PS3 marked at $24.99 used, when I knew I could get it new at GS for $20. After that I just never thought about going back.

[quote name='praxus07']Nope, wasn't me. I'm at that Turkey Hill daily for cigs, but haven't stopped in that BBV in about two months. Their used stuff is always overpriced, so just never think to stop in there.

Last time I stopped in they had Fallout NV for the PS3 marked at $24.99 used, when I knew I could get it new at GS for $20. After that I just never thought about going back.[/QUOTE]
They dropped FONV for PS3 to $14.99, meaning it'll qualify for the BOGO coming up in July.;) I'm debating getting the Legends Of Wrestlemania they have there disc only, but only cuz I have the case/artwork/manual for it from HWV still.:D

How long is this going until? Didn't get a chance to make it over there today, weather was terrible. I may go tomorrow though. I definitely need to upgrade my art collection.

[quote name='IronZombie']How long is this going until? Didn't get a chance to make it over there today, weather was terrible. I may go tomorrow though. I definitely need to upgrade my art collection.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure it's only going on till the end of business today(Saturday) and then anything that isn't sold is being sent back or whatever.

I have a question;I just saw a new copy of the new Red Faction game,behind the counter,they told me it was 59.99 without checking it.I remember someone here saying that BB was no longer selling new games and any they have left are 75% off.Is that true or is it older new games that are on clearance?

[quote name='haywire69']I have a question;I just saw a new copy of the new Red Faction game,behind the counter,they told me it was 59.99 without checking it.I remember someone here saying that BB was no longer selling new games and any they have left are 75% off.Is that true or is it older new games that are on clearance?[/QUOTE]

BRAND new releases are most likely full price, as they were likely pre-orders that didn't get picked up. Games that are more than a few months old are probably on clearance.

Saw a Yoo-star machine/thingy at BB. Are these on clearance? Don't know if I'd want one even at 90% off, but it could be a potential future lame Xmas gift!

bread's done
Back