The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

See here for the deal: http://www.blockbuster.com/stores

There used to be a coupon to print for it, but now stores should have the bar code to scan at the register.  If not, show them their own web page (above) and maybe they will figure it out.

See BlockbusterGuy's thread for a list of titles eligible under (and commonly found at BBV) for the promo:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310423-blockbuster-video-4th-of-july-sale-bogo/

Coming July 2nd: B1G1 free on games $29.99 and under

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that anything below here might be out of date. To be honest, I have no idea if Blockbuster even takes games for trade-in any more!

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos, post any trade-in values you have obtained, and discuss new and used game selection and availability. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Blockbuster store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (BBVto Amazon to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from BBV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit will be placed onto your store account
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Depending on state law you may or may not get sales tax added to your trade-ins (and thus get more than normal). You will always be charged sales tax where applicable on purchases.

Current Trade-In Deals
There are no trade-in deals at this time nor have there been for a very very long time. They did however just recently cut down all their trade-in values to Gamestop-like levels (but without deals to make them more appealing as at GS).

Trade-In Values

Trade-in prices are usually universal at Blockbuster, but can be wildly different at franchise Blockbuster stores. Used game prices change on Monday. We are not currently sure when trade-in values get updated but a few years ago it used to be on Mondays. Any quotes given in this thread may thus be good through Sunday of the current week. If you want to be sure to get the same value another CAG has reported then do your trading by Sunday as the price may drop on Monday.

Also note that many stores will no longer accept video games without cover art. This is the official policy for DVD trade-ins but apparently many clerks will confuse the two and not allow it for games either. Just beware that it might be a hassle if you have a disc-only game to trade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Blockbuster/Gamerush Threads (dating back to June 2005!):
1 (by no means the first one but the earliest that can be found - check it out for some drama)
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know about the Yoo-star but it wouldn't hurt to ask them to scan it. Looks like today's the final day before they clear everything out. I better head over there and see what scraps are left and if it's worth picking anything up.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Saw a Yoo-star machine/thingy at BB. Are these on clearance? Don't know if I'd want one even at 90% off, but it could be a potential future lame Xmas gift![/QUOTE]

Yep it's on clearance, but not 90% off. It's 75% off making it $25 I believe. Hope this helps.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Yep it's on clearance, but not 90% off. It's 75% off making it $25 I believe. Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I think I'll leave it. It's the kind of thing I'd probably pick up for, say, $5 :)

must be a big hoarder in the milwaukee area. haven't seen shit for clearance around here and i've been to probably 6 stores. bought a pair of headphones and an hdmi cable, that's about it.

I went one last time and just picked up a few posters for my brother. Jimi Hendrix Experience, Forever 27 deceased musicians, Bruce Lee and some random design. Also got the last two screen cleaning liquid things.

[quote name='xV3LOCITYx']i found six copies of medal of honor for 14.99 but i heard that theres going to be a buy one get one sale soon so ill just wait.[/QUOTE]

So Medal of Honor is finally 14.99? Has anything else dropped since the last B1G1? Just wanna be prepared this time. :D

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Yep it's on clearance, but not 90% off. It's 75% off making it $25 I believe. Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

No offense but, your math is awful.

60.00 x .25 = 15.00

[quote name='Dark Rider']No offense but, your math is awful.

60.00 x .25 = 15.00[/QUOTE]

The Yoo-Stars are 75% off at my BBV and they are $25.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']So Medal of Honor is finally 14.99? Has anything else dropped since the last B1G1? Just wanna be prepared this time. :D[/QUOTE]

I believe only the 360 version of MoH is $15, PS3 is $20. I heard Little Big Planet dropped to $15.

[quote name='Dark Rider']No offense but, your math is awful.

60.00 x .25 = 15.00[/QUOTE]

Here comes the bus ready to take all you to school.

[quote name='Tsel']The Yoo-Stars are 75% off at my BBV and they are $25.[/QUOTE]

Or not.

[quote name='Stimes']I believe only the 360 version of MoH is $15, PS3 is $20. I heard Little Big Planet dropped to $15.[/QUOTE]
Only problem is everyone already owns LittleBigPlanet from the welcome back program. If it was GOTY, I might consider it though.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']So Medal of Honor is finally 14.99? Has anything else dropped since the last B1G1? Just wanna be prepared this time. :D[/QUOTE]

Singularity is now $10

[quote name='jer7583']must be a big hoarder in the milwaukee area. haven't seen shit for clearance around here and i've been to probably 6 stores. bought a pair of headphones and an hdmi cable, that's about it.[/QUOTE]

Or you know, regular consumers that want stuff at 90% off.

Went my today and grabbed some final stuff. Had one question for my fellow CAG's. I had 3 of the framed posters I needed to ship. What would be the cheapest way to go about doing so? I already have a box in which all of them will fit perfectly. Is it possible to use USPS media mail for it?

I'll post the price drops for Monday in a couple hrs as I'm in between a green latern/hangover 2 double feature. There are quite a lot of drops overall but not that many to the magical $14.99 mark.

The clearance sale is going thru at least Sunday close of business. Haven't gotten anything about transferring or destroying stuff yet but we may get some info tomorrow.

I was in there today and there was barely anything left. Managed to get some more artwork but they didn't have much. Asked if they had any Xbox Live/points in the packaging and was told they did but they sold those like 2 weeks ago. Either another CAG got wind of the prices before me or those employees were hoarding the good deals. Wouldn't surprise me.. one of them mentioned how excited he was that he was able to purchase so many good artwork pieces during the deal.. probably why there wasn't much left.

Anyway I saw maybe 10 or so used games on the shelf there. Most of them were 10-15$ so I figured I would wait until the B1G1 sale to even look through it. Question: Does BBV usually have more used games than that? I wasn't sure if that one little shelf was their entire inventory or if they had stuff in the back or if they were getting more stuff coming in.. would be nice if I had a wider selection of stuff to choose from.

Stuff that's left at the Laurel Springs, NJ store:

A 25 foot HDMI 1.3 cable: $1.99
Some Kodak C batteries: $0.29 for two
A few ESPN remotes: < $2

Also some random posters and Tron keychains.

[quote name='deadtrees']Stuff that's left at the Laurel Springs, NJ store:

A 25 foot HDMI 1.3 cable: $1.99
Some Kodak C batteries: $0.29 for two
A few ESPN remotes: < $2

Also some random posters and Tron keychains.[/QUOTE]

The ESPN college remote is $0.59. I think maybe the tag wasnt updated.

there wasnt much left. i try to get aa 4 pack, but none. they had like 5 packs of C batteries.

I got the belly burner.... anyone try this?
a bottle opener for $.59
a scarface air fresher $0.09
a yoda star wars big $1.99.
HDMI cable $1.99

They had many frames, but i got so much from last time like $23 worth.

[quote name='The Punisher']The ESPN college remote is $0.59. I think maybe the tag wasnt updated.

there wasnt much left. i try to get aa 4 pack, but none. they had like 5 packs of C batteries.

I got the belly burner.... anyone try this?
a bottle opener for $.59
a scarface air fresher $0.09
a yoda star wars big $1.99.
HDMI cable $1.99

They had many frames, but i got so much from last time like $23 worth.[/QUOTE]

lol. A Scarface air freshener. Dont smell it too much, there might be mountains of cocaine in it.

[quote name='Tsel']The Yoo-Stars are 75% off at my BBV and they The one BBV I hit up tonight still had 3-4 YooStars sitting on the shelf(and only ONE Tivo HD left:cry:), but the price tags on them were hilarious.

It said the original price was $169.99 and it was 75% off of that, making it $24.99. If it were 75% off that price, then it would've been $42 and change.

Anyway, I picked up the lone surviving Sackboy there(there were 4-5 at the start of the week), taking my final grand tally for my LBP2 army to 28 over about 3-6 stores in two seperate states/areas.;) I then asked what they were going to do with the PDQ box with the LBP2 logo on it that the Sackboys were sitting in and they let me have it for free. So I managed to fit 16 of them into that.

The BBV I hit tonight also had only a couple posters left, but had 5-6 Koss UR40's and tons of the Silly Bands.

A check of a second BBV on the way to my one buddies house revealed that one to have been stripped bare of anything decent.

Unless corporate opts to let the clearance stuff sit on the shelves for another week, I doubt I'll be hitting up another store for more shit.

Then again I said that at the end of LAST week.:whistle2:#

[quote name='Tsel']The Yoo-Stars are 75% off at my BBV and they are $25.[/QUOTE]

The one BBV I hit up tonight still had 3-4 YooStars sitting on the shelf(and only ONE Tivo HD left:cry:), but the price tags on them were hilarious.

It said the original price was $169.99 and it was 75% off of that, making it $24.99. If it were 75% off that price, then it would've been $42 and change.

Anyway, I picked up the lone surviving Sackboy there(there were 4-5 at the start of the week), taking my final grand tally for my LBP2 army to 28 over about 3-6 stores in two seperate states/areas.;) I then asked what they were going to do with the PDQ box with the LBP2 logo on it that the Sackboys were sitting in and they let me have it for free. So I managed to fit 16 of them into that.

The BBV I hit tonight also had only a couple posters left, but had 5-6 Koss UR40's and tons of the Silly Bands.

A check of a second BBV on the way to my one buddies house revealed that one to have been stripped bare of anything decent.

Unless corporate opts to let the clearance stuff sit on the shelves for another week, I doubt I'll be hitting up another store for more shit.

Then again I said that at the end of LAST week.:whistle2:#

[quote name='hawaiiboy']I'll post the price drops for Monday in a couple hrs as I'm in between a green latern/hangover 2 double feature. There are quite a lot of drops overall but not that many to the magical $14.99 mark.

The clearance sale is going thru at least Sunday close of business. Haven't gotten anything about transferring or destroying stuff yet but we may get some info tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks for all the info.

effective monday 6/20

:ds: kingdom hearts re coded $14.99

:ps3:

black ops $34.99
dead rising 2 $19.99
enslaved $19.99 (360 version is and has been $14.99)
f1 2010 $29.99
james bond bloodstone $19.99
madden 11 $24.99
mafia II $19.99
medal of honor $14.99 (x360 is and has been $14.99)
mlb 11 $44.99
spiderman shattered dimensions $19.99
SWFU II $14.99
SSF IV $14.99
tron evolution $19.99
uncharted 2 $14.99
wwe smackdown 11 $29.99
move the fight: lights out $24.99

:360:

assassins creed brotherhood $19.99
dead rising 2 $19.99
dragon age 2 $44.99
fable III $24.99
halo reach $29.99
bloodstone $19.99
mafia II $19.99
ninety nine nights 2 $14.99
spiderman shattered $19.99
SWFU II $14.99
tron evolution $19.99
wwe smackdown vs raw 11 $29.99

:wii:

ben 10 alien force $6.99
epic mickey $24.99
donkey kong country $29.99
guitar hero warriors $24.99
james bond goldeneye $19.99
kirby epic yarn $24.99
madden 11 $19.99
medal of honor vanguard $9.99
monopoly $14.99
rabbids travel in time $19.99
wii party $29.99

[quote name='hawaiiboy']effective monday 6/20

:ds: kingdom hearts re coded $14.99

:ps3:

SSF IV $14.99
uncharted 2 $14.99
:360:

ninety nine nights 2 $14.99

:wii:

monopoly $14.99[/QUOTE]

Some good drops in that list, Im sure there will be a collective "about f'n time" on that uncharted 2 :p

Damn, I was really hoping for a drop in Metroid Other M. There must be 25 copies between the 5 bbv's in my area. Still, I'm pretty happy with the drop on Uncharted 2. Fairly certain I saw a few copies around.

That damn dead rising 2 just does not want to drop argh cant believe it took this long to hit 19, hopefully that means its very close to dropping to 14 before the next b1g1

cambridge, ma alewife brook parkway Blockbuster had an xbox charge and play battery marked 19.99 (probably $2). It is likely still there, since it was in the DVD box set display case.

Wow is that water jet as seen on tv a piece of junk. It initially had a strong jet stream but now it just does the stupid soft stream.

Anyone know how to get it to do the strong jet stream? I tried to put on the knob on the side(below the on-off control) but does nothing to get it to "water jet".

I am not sure how good of a deal these are to everyone else because I haven't kept up with this thread but yesterday I purchased:

Splatterhouse (xbox 360) used - $24
DC Superheroes Framed Artwork - $2.99
DC Superheroes cardboard artwork - $1.50

I felt like I did really well :)

[quote name='nas6034']Wow is that water jet as seen on tv a piece of junk. It initially had a strong jet stream but now it just does the stupid soft stream.

Anyone know how to get it to do the strong jet stream? I tried to put on the knob on the side(below the on-off control) but does nothing to get it to "water jet".[/QUOTE]

Was tempted but passed. Glad I did even for 1.50 or whatever it was.

I'm totally confused... did the 90% off sale start already? I thought that wasn't scheduled to start til the 20th based on postings of timelines on here... did I miss the entire sale?

[quote name='hawaiiboy']here is a timeline of all the clearance crap we have. lucky for all u folks finding game accessories as our district hasnt had any systems or accessories for at least a couple years.

General Merchandise
May 24 – June 5 50% Off
June 6 – June 19 75% Off
June 20 – June 26 90% Off
June 27 – July 3 Product Return

Select Game Strategy Guides
May 24 – June 26 50% Off

Game Accessories
May 24 – June 5 50% Off
June 6 – June 19 50% Off
June 20 – June 26 75% Off
June 27 – July 3 Product Return

Game Hardware and Software
May 24 – June 5 25% Off
June 6 – June 19 50% Off
June 20 – June 26 75% Off
June 27 – July 3 Product Return[/QUOTE]

I based my previous comments on this schedule... so did I miss out?

I based my previous comments on this schedule... so did I miss out?
The clearance schedule has been moved up 1 week.

General merchandise 90% off 6/13-6/19
Game guides remain at 50%.
i posted the change about 2 weeks ago. so yes you did miss out unless you want some funky bandz which we have a ton of at my store.

I was at Kmart to get Ocarina of Time 3DS and I stopped in the Blockbuster near it as I remember they had a Glee keychain that my daughter said she wanted. Well, they didn't have that (just a bunch of Glee stickers) but lo and behold, they had a Sackboy plush sitting there on the table. WTF!? I've been there twice since the 90% and they had none either time and now all of a sudden there's one. Oh well, works for me...

It kinda sucks that this clearance stuff is likely all going away at the end of the day today.

Now my wallet has a chance to rest till the July 4th BOGO sale starts.

It is a shame to know that the products(including multiple Tivo HD's and Blockbuster On Demand boxes) being returned may likely end up in a compactor rather than someone getting some use out of them though.:cry:

[quote name='io']WTF!? I've been there twice since the 90% and they had none either time and now all of a sudden there's one. Oh well, works for me...[/QUOTE]

aww so no keychain? how ironic though lol

[quote name='io']I was at Kmart to get Ocarina of Time 3DS and I stopped in the Blockbuster near it as I remember they had a Glee keychain that my daughter said she wanted. Well, they didn't have that (just a bunch of Glee stickers) but lo and behold, they had a Sackboy plush sitting there on the table. WTF!? I've been there twice since the 90% and they had none either time and now all of a sudden there's one. Oh well, works for me...[/QUOTE]

Kinda makes me wish I thought to look at BBV one last time. Vanilla Sackboy, why can I not find you?!

PS: Anybody wanna trade with me? I got Pirate, Chopchop, and Casear for trade still...

I was shocked by all of the stuff that was MIA last night when I hit up at least two of my 3-4 local stores. I guess the regular shnooks finally came in to rent something for the weekend and saw the big signs(and each store DID put up BIG 90% off signs for the stuff that was that percentage off) and figured they'd grab dem shitz.

All of the Taylor Swift CD's that were left on Monday afternoon(12-20 of them) at the furthest store were long gone last night.

Only thing I didn't really consider grabbing any of due to the reviews it's received is that YooStar set. Apparently you have to buy clips from movies and such from a store in order to get some use out of the set and that can run into big money very quickly.

I figured if anything I would grab a set for a nice big Christmas present for my buddies' three nieces if they could just make up their own videos and stuff with it. But I'm not 100% sure you could do that.

Managed to find a VooDoo LBP2 Plush at a store I had visited before that showed 2 more in stock before but couldn't find them. The other was still MIA but now I'm down to just missing the normal Sackboy.

bread's done
Back