The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

See here for the deal: http://www.blockbuster.com/stores

There used to be a coupon to print for it, but now stores should have the bar code to scan at the register.  If not, show them their own web page (above) and maybe they will figure it out.

See BlockbusterGuy's thread for a list of titles eligible under (and commonly found at BBV) for the promo:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310423-blockbuster-video-4th-of-july-sale-bogo/

Coming July 2nd: B1G1 free on games $29.99 and under

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that anything below here might be out of date. To be honest, I have no idea if Blockbuster even takes games for trade-in any more!

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos, post any trade-in values you have obtained, and discuss new and used game selection and availability. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Blockbuster store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (BBVto Amazon to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from BBV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit will be placed onto your store account
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Depending on state law you may or may not get sales tax added to your trade-ins (and thus get more than normal). You will always be charged sales tax where applicable on purchases.

Current Trade-In Deals
There are no trade-in deals at this time nor have there been for a very very long time. They did however just recently cut down all their trade-in values to Gamestop-like levels (but without deals to make them more appealing as at GS).

Trade-In Values

Trade-in prices are usually universal at Blockbuster, but can be wildly different at franchise Blockbuster stores. Used game prices change on Monday. We are not currently sure when trade-in values get updated but a few years ago it used to be on Mondays. Any quotes given in this thread may thus be good through Sunday of the current week. If you want to be sure to get the same value another CAG has reported then do your trading by Sunday as the price may drop on Monday.

Also note that many stores will no longer accept video games without cover art. This is the official policy for DVD trade-ins but apparently many clerks will confuse the two and not allow it for games either. Just beware that it might be a hassle if you have a disc-only game to trade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Blockbuster/Gamerush Threads (dating back to June 2005!):
1 (by no means the first one but the earliest that can be found - check it out for some drama)
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='strait edge follower']Ever since i joined this site you seem to worry about everything i say, why is that ? Anyway good luck to everyone here tommorow :)[/QUOTE]

I don't know. I guess it's because you so often love to answer questions with the wrong information. If someone asks a question that isn't directed at you, you don't have to answer it, especially if you don't know the answer. Just sit back and let someone who knows what they are talking about answer the person's question, instead of spreading false information.

[quote name='dino88']I don't know. I guess it's because you so often love to answer questions with the wrong information. If someone asks a question that isn't directed at you, you don't have to answer it. Especially if you don't know the answer. Just sit back and let someone who knows what they are talking about answer the person's question, instead of spreading false information.[/QUOTE]

Mabye you aught to stop worrying about alittle ol me, i dont need someone stalking every word i say on this site. More important things in this world to worry about.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Interesting news to me about getting a $19.99 game and getting a $14.99 for free.[/QUOTE]
Wait, has hawaiiboy ever actually confirmed that this is official policy? I tried doing this during the last sale and was shot down. I thought this was extremely ymmv and $19.99 games were no supposed to be allowed in any capacity.

[quote name='dino88']I don't know. I guess it's because you so often love to answer questions with the wrong information. If someone asks a question that isn't directed at you, you don't have to answer it. Especially if you don't know the answer. Just sit back and let someone who knows what they are talking about answer the person's question, instead of spreading false information.[/QUOTE]

Not to get involved in this little dilemma lol but to his credit, he did say the words "I think" in his post. It's one thing if he just blatantly answers with false information and another if he shares his opinion. I would rather someone answer my questions with an educated guess than for them to say "eh someone else who knows will answer" and then no one responds to it. No need for any hostility here. O:)

Wait, has hawaiiboy ever actually confirmed that this is official policy? I tried doing this during the last sale and was shot down. I thought this was extremely ymmv and $19.99 games were no supposed to be allowed in any capacity.

yes, i was the one that posted the info.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Wait, has hawaiiboy ever actually confirmed that this is official policy? I tried doing this during the last sale and was shot down. I thought this was extremely ymmv and $19.99 games were no supposed to be allowed in any capacity.[/QUOTE]

I missed out on the last B1G1 so I'm not sure if that was even a stipulation then but he basically confirmed it this time. Even if the employee gives you lip about how it doesn't include 20$ games I'm sure the register will still activate the deal.

The only thing I'm worried about is odd pairings of the games. If I hand him a 20$ game I want the 15$ one to be the free one, not a 10$ game. I'm gonna make sure it's all divided in neat little piles and watch what he does with the register. I'm not paying extra for my games lol.:nottalking:

Mafia 2 is 14.99

white knight is 14.99

creed brotherhood is 19.99

wwe smackdown 2011 is 24.99

i went there and they put those up for me to grab in the morning

he gave me the details of the deal its buy any priced used game and get anything 14.99 and under for free

so 2 9.99 games or 2 14.99 games should work perfect

[quote name='darkvulture']Mafia 2 is 14.99

white knight is 14.99

creed brotherhood is 19.99

wwe smackdown 2011 is 24.99

i went there and they put those up for me to grab in the morning

he gave me the details of the deal its buy any priced used game and get anything 14.99 and under for free

so 2 9.99 games or 2 14.99 games should work perfect[/QUOTE]
Wait... I thought Mafia 2 was 19.99 o.o

[quote name='strait edge follower']Mabye you aught to stop worrying about alittle ol me, i dont need someone stalking every word i say on this site. More important things in this world to worry about.[/QUOTE]

Purposely posting misleading information for yuks and giggles is a jerk thing to do.

[quote name='IronZombie']I missed out on the last B1G1 so I'm not sure if that was even a stipulation then but he basically confirmed it this time. Even if the employee gives you lip about how it doesn't include 20$ games I'm sure the register will still activate the deal.

The only thing I'm worried about is odd pairings of the games. If I hand him a 20$ game I want the 15$ one to be the free one, not a 10$ game. I'm gonna make sure it's all divided in neat little piles and watch what he does with the register. I'm not paying extra for my games lol.:nottalking:[/QUOTE]

That would happen to me at Gamestop. I would pick out multiple games for their buy 2 get 1 free sales and they would just pick whatever they want in what order they please. Their are 3 options that i can think of to prevent this from happening at gamestop and of course blockbuster in this case.

1. Bring a relative or friend with you, divide the 14.99 games together for one person to purchase then have the other person (whether you or your friend) take the other pile of games priced at 9.99.

2. the next option is to buy a set of games for example at 14.99 then come back in the store later and grab a pile of 9.99 titles that day and buy the other games you were planning on buying before (games could possibly be bought by then though).

3. 3rd option is to pick a handful of games for 14.99 for example then when you pay for those tell them to hold onto those and that your going to look for some more and then come back with the other pile of games and pay for the rest.

Hopefully this all made sense and helped you and others. Generally I bring someone with me since it is the simplest option without feeling awkward.

[quote name='handsome_bitch']Purposely posting misleading information for yuks and giggles is a jerk thing to do.[/QUOTE]

And where did i post misinformation ? Are you just going by what dino said ? Geeze this hostility over nothing is amazing lol. on topic im paying bloodstone right now, i recomend everyone here to get this game during the sale tommorow. Besides the driving this game is fun with lots of action and blockbuster has it for the right price point right now. dont listen to the reviews

I know the quanitity depends on the store,but does anyone know if they will be restocking throughout the day or is it first come first serve.

I ask because I don't get out of work till the evening.

Ah, I'll be out camping this weekend in the "severe hot weather". I'll be missing this sale but my blockbuster didn't have much of a selection, so that's okay. Hopefully there's no other huge sale.

[quote name='Cerebral_One']What is the movies deal and is it going to get better the last 2 days of the sale?[/QUOTE]

sounds like just 5 for $20 on blus $9.99 and under. No mention of $.99 blus

[quote name='Latenight_Artist']I know the quanitity depends on the store,but does anyone know if they will be restocking throughout the day or is it first come first serve.

I ask because I don't get out of work till the evening.[/QUOTE]

I doubt they'll restock once they stock... I'm more curious if they're getting NEW stock in for these like they did the last sale.

[quote name='handsome_bitch']Purposely posting misleading information for yuks and giggles is a jerk thing to do.[/QUOTE]

What the fuck is a yuck?

So I've been keeping up with this thread the last few days and I just want to make sure I 100% have the terms of this sale since I've seen some confusing remarks:

It is sort of like a normal B1G1 for $14.99 and under, only this time you have the extra option of being able to purchase a $19.99 game and get a $14.99 an under game free.

I.e. buy a $19.99 game and a $14.99 game = free $14.99 game

or

Buy a $14.99 (or under) game and another $14.99 (or under) game and one $14.99 (or under) game will be free (classic B1G1 sale terms).

Right?

[quote name='BudzMcGee']So I've been keeping up with this thread the last few days and I just want to make sure I 100% have the terms of this sale since I've seen some confusing remarks:

It is sort of like a normal B1G1 for $14.99 and under, only this time you have the extra option of being able to purchase a $19.99 game and get a $14.99 an under game free.

or

Buy a $14.99 (or under) game and another $14.99 (or under) game and one $14.99 (or under) game will be free (classic B1G1 sale terms).

Right?[/QUOTE]

The way I understand it, you would be correct.

Correct!

[quote name='BudzMcGee']So I've been keeping up with this thread the last few days and I just want to make sure I 100% have the terms of this sale since I've seen some confusing remarks:

or

Right?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hawaiiboy']mafia ii is $19.99 on both platforms.[/quote]

no child its 14.99 on ps3 in michigan read up on find out before you post something sounding so sure of your self

[quote name='Latenight_Artist']I know the quanitity depends on the store,but does anyone know if they will be restocking throughout the day or is it first come first serve.

I ask because I don't get out of work till the evening.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this one. I'm used to these sales starting on Tuesdays when I'm actually off from work. Tomorrow I'm going to have to drive over there as soon as I get out of work and hope for the best. Hell if the games are correctly priced I'll be happy. I'm looking mainly for SWFU2.

Okay guys let me clarify once and for all since we're about half a day away from the epic B1G1 Free. Okay I'm gonna start slow, so when you buy one game at 14.99 you can get a FREE game worth 14.99 and under. Hence, it's just like the old sales where you would buy a game 9.99, you can get a game worth 9.99 and under, etc.

So let me clarify the new promo which is buy any game 19.99 and up, get a game worth 14.99 and under.

And NO, you cannot buy a game worth 19.99 and get another game worth 19.99.

I hope this clarifies everything and happy shopping.

[quote name='darkvulture']no child its 14.99 on ps3 in michigan read up on find out before you post something sounding so sure of your self[/QUOTE]

Are you being sarcastic or did you really just call the person who is keeping this thread alive and up to date a child and telling him to check his sources?

[quote name='darkvulture']no child its 14.99 on ps3 in michigan read up on find out before you post something sounding so sure of your self[/QUOTE]

Are you serious?

[quote name='salty tbone']are you serious?[/quote]

yes not sure if its same everywhere but star wars fu 2 and mafia 2 are both 14.99 on ps3 in michigan

[quote name='chingychink2005']Okay guys let me clarify once and for all since we're about half a day away from the epic B1G1 Free. Okay I'm gonna start slow, so when you buy one game at 14.99 you can get a FREE game worth 14.99 and under. Hence, it's just like the old sales where you would buy a game 9.99, you can get a game worth 9.99 and under, etc.

So let me clarify the new promo which is buy any game 19.99 and up, get a game worth 14.99 and under.

And NO, you cannot buy a game worth 19.99 and get another game worth 19.99.

I hope this clarifies everything and happy shopping.[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't that be...

So let me clarify the new promo which is you can now also buy any game over $15 and still get one for free under $15...as opposed to before when both games had to be under $15. Now it's basically buy ANY game, get one of equal or lesser value for free as long as it's under $15.

[quote name='Ultragamer']Are you being sarcastic or did you really just call the person who is keeping this thread alive and up to date a child and telling him to check his sources?[/QUOTE]

yes because i'm right about the price and he should check his sources because i guess they are not as good as mine

[quote name='darkvulture']yes not sure if its same everywhere but star wars fu 2 and mafia 2 are both 14.99 on ps3 in michigan[/QUOTE]

What city in Michigan?

I travel between Southfield and Macomb Township so I'm assuming it would be the same in all of MI...but I have not been out to check. However I would like to grab both of those for $15.

[quote name='darkvulture']yes because i'm right about the price and he should check his sources because i guess they are not as good as mine[/QUOTE]

He works at BBV. You are perhaps the biggest fool on this entire board. STFU and GTFO.

[quote name='yedgee']What city in Michigan?

I travel between Southfield and Macomb Township so I'm assuming it would be the same in all of MI...but I have not been out to check. However I would like to grab both of those for $15.[/QUOTE]

wrong its not same price at every block buster mine is clinton township 18 mile

so they need to put that in the first post prices are not the same don't know if its new but used prices are diff at every store

[quote name='mcthatch']He works at BBV. You are perhaps the biggest fool on this entire board. STFU and GTFO.[/QUOTE]

just saying he's wrong nothing bad about it i can call someone out when i see fit .....and he maybe a smalltown low paid bb worker but in clinton township michigan bb mafia 2 and star wars fu 2 are 14.99

NOT ALL PRICES ARE THE SAME EVERYWHERE

[quote name='darkvulture']yes because i'm right about the price and he should check his sources because i guess they are not as good as mine[/QUOTE]

You make me sad.:cry:

Who the fuck is this guy?

[quote name='darkvulture']just saying he's wrong nothing bad about it i can call someone out when i see fit .....and he maybe a smalltown low paid bb worker but in clinton township michigan bb mafia 2 and star wars fu 2 are 14.99

NOT ALL PRICES ARE THE SAME EVERYWHERE[/QUOTE]
:lol::lol::lol:

bread's done
Back