The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

See here for the deal: http://www.blockbuster.com/stores

There used to be a coupon to print for it, but now stores should have the bar code to scan at the register.  If not, show them their own web page (above) and maybe they will figure it out.

See BlockbusterGuy's thread for a list of titles eligible under (and commonly found at BBV) for the promo:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310423-blockbuster-video-4th-of-july-sale-bogo/

Coming July 2nd: B1G1 free on games $29.99 and under

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that anything below here might be out of date. To be honest, I have no idea if Blockbuster even takes games for trade-in any more!

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos, post any trade-in values you have obtained, and discuss new and used game selection and availability. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Blockbuster store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (BBVto Amazon to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from BBV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit will be placed onto your store account
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Depending on state law you may or may not get sales tax added to your trade-ins (and thus get more than normal). You will always be charged sales tax where applicable on purchases.

Current Trade-In Deals
There are no trade-in deals at this time nor have there been for a very very long time. They did however just recently cut down all their trade-in values to Gamestop-like levels (but without deals to make them more appealing as at GS).

Trade-In Values

Trade-in prices are usually universal at Blockbuster, but can be wildly different at franchise Blockbuster stores. Used game prices change on Monday. We are not currently sure when trade-in values get updated but a few years ago it used to be on Mondays. Any quotes given in this thread may thus be good through Sunday of the current week. If you want to be sure to get the same value another CAG has reported then do your trading by Sunday as the price may drop on Monday.

Also note that many stores will no longer accept video games without cover art. This is the official policy for DVD trade-ins but apparently many clerks will confuse the two and not allow it for games either. Just beware that it might be a hassle if you have a disc-only game to trade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Blockbuster/Gamerush Threads (dating back to June 2005!):
1 (by no means the first one but the earliest that can be found - check it out for some drama)
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='strait edge follower']Lol there should be a troll of the week award here on cag, he would have clinched it with last might's epic proformence[/QUOTE]

how do i get tagged a troll for posting the bb prices ? you people are wow mildly insane and overly loyal to someone you don't know so i called him out on a price

Can the people that are having no problem getting the deal advise if it rang up without a hitch at the register or say whether the employee had to scan a barcode from a promotional binder or something of that nature

[quote name='darkvulture']ha ha got mafia 2 and star wars for 14.99 no misprint in the price all 50 copies they had was that price

call is you don't believe me 586 412-0600 its michigan[/QUOTE]
I don't think a single person ITT cares about what you have to say, after your little stunt last night.
And they had 50 copies of Mafia II for sale? Pics or it didn't happen.
:roll:

[quote name='spacegundam0079']No Go at 2 Long Island NY stores , one said the sale starts after the 4th on tuesday, and other store it wasnt ringing up . To his credit he tried what he could but it just wasnt flying . $19.99 and The $14.99 games just rang up at the same prices and when he did the sale the same thing , his thinking was that after the total button was pushed the games would reflect B1G1 :([/QUOTE]

I went to Holbrook store without any problems, Which stores you try?

Well, im about to package my blockbuster stuff to ship to amazon. Glad everything turned out the way i wanted. Oh and i couldnt beleave that someone at my blockbuster today brought over 40 blu rays the casheer was shocked

[quote name='EYEL1NER']

Also got, on Blu Ray:
Prince of Persia
Toy Story 1
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
The Happening
Book of Eli
Sleeping Beauty
LotR: FotR
LotR: TT
LotR: RotK

for $43.20. Later this afternoon I will be hitting two more BB's up that are an hour away. Thanks for the heads up Hawaiiboy. Got some awesome movies and games this time.

And for anyone curious, there was a ton more of the $.99 DVDs at my store. A couple more boxes and a lot of actually good stuff. I'm thinking about going back and getting Sicko, Brooklyn's Finest, and The Invention of Lying.

Damn, that's one of the stores I was going to hit up this afternoon. That's good about the Blu Rays though, that's the primary reason I'm heading up there. The store in Sumter is good on the games though if you want to make a drive. Plenty of SMG2's it looked like.[/QUOTE]

Not bad. I hope to find some of those blu-rays! :D I still have an hour and a half until stores open here.

[quote name='darkvulture']how do i get tagged a troll for posting the bb prices ? you people are wow mildly insane and overly loyal to someone you don't know so i called him out on a price[/QUOTE]

Did you see this at ONE BBV or multiple ones? The problem I think most people have is that there are cases all the time where a game is mispriced (even all of the ones they have in stock) at a single BBV...

[quote name='darkvulture']i picked up star wars fu 2 14.99

mafia 2 14.99

dead rising 2 19.99

wkc 14.99

rang up 35.40 ....barcode did not work and she had to go in a delete the lower priced games

ha ha got mafia 2 and star wars for 14.99 no misprint in the price all 50 copies they had was that price

call is you don't believe me 586 412-0600 its michigan[/QUOTE]

congrats I won't care in 2 minutes.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I don't think a single person ITT cares about what you have to say, after your little stunt last night.
:roll:[/QUOTE]

oh my god the internet people/losers are mad at me lol how can i go on lol

and 50 copies of star wars between both consoles xbox had a lot more stuff then ps3

[quote name='buster90']Probably going to go today and pick up for 360:

SW FU 2
Fallout NV
Final Fantasy
Lego Harry Potter

All for $30. Not a bad deal. :)[/QUOTE]

thank you for proving my point star wars was 14.99

[quote name='buster90']Probably going to go today and pick up for 360:

SW FU 2
Fallout NV
Final Fantasy
Lego Harry Potter

All for $30. Not a bad deal. :)[/QUOTE]
Good luck. I saw all of those at my store today except FF, but that shouldn't be too hard to find I don't think. And you are pretty much guaranteed a copy of FO:NV, :D

[quote name='darkvulture']thank you for proving my point star wars was 14.99[/QUOTE]

I don't think people were questioning the Star Wars price but they were questioning the price of Mafia II that you reported.

Damn, that's one of the stores I was going to hit up this afternoon. That's good about the Blu Rays though, that's the primary reason I'm heading up there. The store in Sumter is good on the games though if you want to make a drive. Plenty of SMG2's it looked like.

Thanks for the info, but that is quite the drive for me.

I just called another bbv in my area and the manager said that the b1g1 is live. Looks like I found a misinformed employee earlier. Am I correct in believing that these sales would automatically ring up correctly in the past?

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I don't think a single person ITT cares about what you have to say, after your little stunt last night.
:roll:[/QUOTE]

Hes a attention whore What do you expect ?

[quote name='darkvulture']oh my god the internet people/losers are mad at me lol how can i go on lol

and 50 copies of star wars between both consoles xbox had a lot more stuff then ps3[/QUOTE]

Glad I don't live in Michigan then.

[quote name='jksonic']so have people figured out with the best 14.99 or under flip is yet?[/quote]

white knight is 14.99 and trades for 10 at gamestop 15 with the 40% extra trade and pur card

[quote name='JKSonic']So have people figured out with the best 14.99 or under flip is yet? edit- For Best Buy I meant[/QUOTE]

For amazon, force unleashed 2 for 360 is 14. Best ive seen so far. Second Best is bloodstone for 360 at 13. Better lock in those prices at amazon Quick cause they drop fast sometimes. Galaxy 2 droped to 28 after i locked in both my copys for 30 2 days ago.its good to do it before you buy them

Just got back from MD. Bought 10 BD's, and 2 games. The BD's scanned up correctly with the sale, but the games did not. (She scanned the CD Holder, not the case). She called another store, and then her manager, and they confirmed the sale. (Buy any game $14.99 or more, and get one $14.99 or less free.) She had to manually adjust the price.

Interestingly, as she was helping me, another guy was going through and cleaning out the games. He had 8 - 10 in his hand by the time I was done.

I checked today one of my cocal BBV in Maryland. They had Star Wars FU 2 and Mafia 2 for 360 only, but both ringed at $19.99, so no go for me, but got some other good fondings all for $14.99:
XBOX 360:
Assasins creed II
N3 II
Split / Second
Final Fantasy XIII
Transformers war for cybertron
Medal of Honor

PS 3
Resistance 2
Fallout New Vegas

[quote name='tosu']Thanks for the info, but that is quite the drive for me.

I just called another bbv in my area and the manager said that the b1g1 is live. Looks like I found a misinformed employee earlier. Am I correct in believing that these sales would automatically ring up correctly in the past?[/QUOTE]
Is it the one on Broad River over near Dutch Square Mall and Manifest? I was thinking about trying that one out later when I go to Columbia, but I've never been there or even driven past it before. I looked at the store locator earlier and it looks like there are only about two store I will hit up. I'm mainly going to Columbia to go to the Best Buy near the Columbiana Mall and there aren't too many stores on the way there Shaw AFB.
[quote name='simpsonps121']Is Split Second $14.99 for 360?

Medal of Honor for $14.99 - which one is it? Airborne?[/QUOTE]
I can confirm that Split Second is that price. HB posted it yesterday sometime and it rang up that today. Was mismarked of course at $19.99.
I am assuming the MoH is the new one, but I could be wrong.
[quote name='simpsonps121']Interestingly, as she was helping me, another guy was going through and cleaning out the games. He had 8 - 10 in his hand by the time I was done.[/QUOTE]
I didn't see anyone that looked like they were from CAG at my store, but I am sure that is what I looked like. 10 Blu Rays and 8 games under my arm walking around flipping back movies furiously to see what was behind them on the shelf. Everything I bought I am going to play or watch though and I don't sell or trade anything in, so if anyone goes to my store later, don't accuse me of being El Hoardo or a flipper.

The sale was live at my store and the employee knew about buying any priced game and get the 14.99 game free. I just couldn't find anything to pair with Dead Rising 2 that I didn't already have or want so I left empty handed.

[quote name='seanmcc']Grabbed just cause 2 and got dead rising 1 free. Store was stocked pretty well, may head back later.[/QUOTE]

How long Does this sale last anyway ? Might go back to buy shatterd demensions to keep and get bloodstone or anoter force unleashed 2 to flip

For everyone having a problem it's not an auto barcode this time like in previous sales. They MUST scan a barcode for the deal to work properly.

[quote name='ivos']I checked today one of my cocal BBV in Maryland. They had Star Wars FU 2 and Mafia 2 for 360 only, but both ringed at $19.99, so no go for me, but got some other good fondings all for $14.99:
XBOX 360:
Assasins creed II
N3 II
Split / Second
Final Fantasy XIII
Medal of Honor

PS 3
Resistance 2
Fallout New Vegas[/QUOTE]

In ny both of my force unleashed 2 copys for 360 were 14.99

[quote name='ivos']i checked today one of my cocal bbv in maryland. They had star wars fu 2 and mafia 2 for 360 only, but both ringed at $19.99, so no go for me, but got some other good fondings all for $14.99:
Xbox 360:
Assasins creed ii
n3 ii
split / second
final fantasy xiii
transformers war for cybertron
medal of honor

ps 3
resistance 2
fallout new vegas[/quote]

damn my war on cybertron was 19.99 ...but my mafia 2 and star wars was 14.99

why can't people understand prices are not the same everywhere

Went to my closest Blockbuster and they had about 4x the stock of games they had during the last sale, it was pretty awesome; it made me sad that I'm on a limited budget. :( I got :ps3:Uncharted 2 and :ps3:Mirror's Edge, the latter for free.

I had a list of about 12 blu-rays I wanted, the awesome manager working saw me with the list and asked if she could look them up for me, so I let her. They only had four of the ones I wanted in stock, but I found another to round out the deal. :D Ended up with:

How to Train Your Dragon
Toy Story 3
The Kids Are All Right
Valentine's Day
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

When she totaled it out, I noticed the price was way higher than it should've been; I mentioned it and she was confused for a second but grabbed some kind of promotional book and scanned a barcode that made the B1G1 sale work. So there's that, for everyone asking about it.

Now I have to resist going back for more....

Is it the one on Broad River over near Dutch Square Mall and Manifest? I was thinking about trying that one out later when I go to Columbia, but I've never been there or even driven past it before. I looked at the store locator earlier and it looks like there are only about two store I will hit up. I'm mainly going to Columbia to go to the Best Buy near the Columbiana Mall and there aren't too many stores on the way there Shaw AFB.

No, it was the one on Augusta Rd. in W. Columbia.

[quote name='darkvulture']damn my war on cybertron was 19.99 ...but my mafia 2 and star wars was 14.99

why can't people understand prices are not the same everywhere[/QUOTE]

Because they usually are. You don't realize that some of us have been doing this for 10 or so years!

[quote name='Luuc']Went to my closest Blockbuster and they had about 4x the stock of games they had during the last sale, it was pretty awesome; it made me sad that I'm on a limited budget. :( I got :ps3:Uncharted 2 and :ps3:Mirror's Edge, the latter for free.

I had a list of about 12 blu-rays I wanted, the awesome manager working saw me with the list and asked if she could look them up for me, so I let her. They only had four of the ones I wanted in stock, but I found another to round out the deal. :D Ended up with:

How to Train Your Dragon
Toy Story 3
The Kids Are All Right
Valentine's Day
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

When she totaled it out, I noticed the price was way higher than it should've been; I mentioned it and she was confused for a second but grabbed some kind of promotional book and scanned a barcode that made the B1G1 sale work. So there's that, for everyone asking about it.

Now I have to resist going back for more....[/QUOTE]

Im in that same boat. I only have 7 games left in my backlog and im trying to keep it at a small amount. Do want shatterd demensions though

Picked up:

Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 PS3
Dante's Inferno PS3
Spiderman Shattered Dimensions PS3
Final Fantasy XIII PS3

Also got 10 BDs

If anyone happens to find a Miami Vice BD at their BBV, please let me know! None at mine and I've been trying to hunt one down. I'd be up for a trade. Thanks!

[quote name='hawaiiboy']For everyone having a problem it's not an auto barcode this time like in previous sales. They MUST scan a barcode for the deal to work properly.[/QUOTE]

They guy scanned the barcode but it still didn't work for me here in Buffalo...might try another store later tonight to see if it works there

[quote name='darkvulture']damn my war on cybertron was 19.99 ...but my mafia 2 and star wars was 14.99

why can't people understand prices are not the same everywhere[/QUOTE]

Prices at BBV are universal. You are an idiot.

[quote name='ivos']I checked today one of my cocal BBV in Maryland. They had Star Wars FU 2 and Mafia 2 for 360 only, but both ringed at $19.99, so no go for me, but got some other good fondings all for $14.99:
XBOX 360:
Assasins creed II
N3 II
Split / Second
Final Fantasy XIII
Medal of Honor

PS 3
Resistance 2
Fallout New Vegas[/QUOTE]

Your War for Cybertron was $14.99? It was $19.99 at my store although I didn't get it scanned.

HB, can you tell us what your price sheet says? $14.99 would be huge if I could get it for that price.

[quote name='tosu']No, it was the one on Augusta Rd. in W. Columbia.[/QUOTE]
Okay. Bit out of my way, I think. I'm too unfamiliar with Columbia to make heads or tales of the Google Maps store locator on their site.
I guess I'll look and see if you post later and see if it's a gold mine worth hitting up or not.

War for Cybertron 360 was $14.99 at my BBV. They had a few copies.

[quote name='Staraang21']Your War for Cybertron was $14.99? It was $19.99 at my store although I didn't get it scanned.

HB, can you tell us what your price sheet says? $14.99 would be huge if I could get it for that price.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hobomatt']They guy scanned the barcode but it still didn't work for me here in Buffalo...might try another store later tonight to see if it works there[/QUOTE]

The guy at my blockbuster just scanned the game bar codes and it was fine

[quote name='bmbownz']prices at bbv are universal. You are an idiot.[/quote]

so explain to me why everyone is getting diff prices for games like star wars fu 2 and transformers war for cybertron ?

Every area and some stores have diff prices

[quote name='darkvulture']so explain to me why everyone is getting diff prices for games like star wars fu 2 and transformers war for cybertron ?

Every area and some stores have diff prices[/QUOTE]

It seems you did, and someone else saw one but didnt take it to the register to check. Iv seen alot of mis priced games. But they all scan correctly. You still haven't provided a recipt lol

[quote name='darkvulture']so explain to me why everyone is getting diff prices for games like star wars fu 2 and transformers war for cybertron ?

You're the only one who supposedly had WFC scanned at 19.99. The other guy said it was MARKED 19.99 and he didn't have it scanned. I don't believe anything coming out of your mouth. I have never once in my life seen things prices differently in these B1G1 sales, and I've visited 7 diff stores for many of them

Games can be mislabeled. At the last b1g1, F:NV was reported to be 14.99 but my store had it marked at 24.99. I had it scanned and it rang up at 14.99. Some stores don't keep up with labeling their games correct. Many are reporting what the game is labeled, not what it's ringing up for.

[quote name='darkvulture']Every area and some stores have diff prices[/QUOTE]
Nope. You can keep saying it, but it ain't gonna be true.

They are the same, as I had previously said some stores have MISTAKES...big difference.

bread's done
Back