The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

See here for the deal: http://www.blockbuster.com/stores

There used to be a coupon to print for it, but now stores should have the bar code to scan at the register.  If not, show them their own web page (above) and maybe they will figure it out.

See BlockbusterGuy's thread for a list of titles eligible under (and commonly found at BBV) for the promo:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310423-blockbuster-video-4th-of-july-sale-bogo/

Coming July 2nd: B1G1 free on games $29.99 and under

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that anything below here might be out of date. To be honest, I have no idea if Blockbuster even takes games for trade-in any more!

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos, post any trade-in values you have obtained, and discuss new and used game selection and availability. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Blockbuster store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (BBVto Amazon to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from BBV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit will be placed onto your store account
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Depending on state law you may or may not get sales tax added to your trade-ins (and thus get more than normal). You will always be charged sales tax where applicable on purchases.

Current Trade-In Deals
There are no trade-in deals at this time nor have there been for a very very long time. They did however just recently cut down all their trade-in values to Gamestop-like levels (but without deals to make them more appealing as at GS).

Trade-In Values

Trade-in prices are usually universal at Blockbuster, but can be wildly different at franchise Blockbuster stores. Used game prices change on Monday. We are not currently sure when trade-in values get updated but a few years ago it used to be on Mondays. Any quotes given in this thread may thus be good through Sunday of the current week. If you want to be sure to get the same value another CAG has reported then do your trading by Sunday as the price may drop on Monday.

Also note that many stores will no longer accept video games without cover art. This is the official policy for DVD trade-ins but apparently many clerks will confuse the two and not allow it for games either. Just beware that it might be a hassle if you have a disc-only game to trade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Blockbuster/Gamerush Threads (dating back to June 2005!):
1 (by no means the first one but the earliest that can be found - check it out for some drama)
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 and Transformers War for Cybertron. Both were marked at $14.99. Saw Mafia 2 there marked at $20, but didn't bother getting it scanned because I didn't care for the game.

Also saw Metroid Other M for $14.99, but passed on it.

Anyone know how accurate the store availability is on Blockbuster's website? It's saying all the games I want are at further Blockbuster's but I don't really want to waste my time and gas if the availability isn't that up to date.

Just got back from one local BB and scored:

Resident Evil 5
Super Street Fighter IV
Uncharted 2
Star Wars TFU 2
Final Fantasy XIII
Call of Duty World at War

All for PS3 and all marked $14.99. Total came out to $46 and change with tax. I am one happy CAG. Wish I had been able to find Heavy Rain and some other ones but you're not gonna hear me complaining. Now to wait for the list of price drops to hit the store once more on Monday :cool:

Grabbed 6 games to keep.

:360: spiderman shattered
:360: ninety nine nights 2
:360: mafia 2
:360: assassins creed brotherhood
:360: transformers cybertron
:ps3: medal of honor le with online pass

Grabbed Donkey Kong Country Returns (the kids have been bugging me to get it) $30 and

Dead to Right Retribution(PS3) as the free game. Dead to Rights Retribution is a decent flip as it still trades to GS for 10.00. Got 15.00 for it after PUR under the current E3 game preorder deal.

[quote name='paradise2894']Just got back from one local BB and scored:

Resident Evil 5
Super Street Fighter IV
Uncharted 2
Star Wars TFU 2
Final Fantasy XIII
Call of Duty World at War

All for PS3 and all marked $14.99. Total came out to $46 and change with tax. I am one happy CAG. Wish I had been able to find Heavy Rain and some other ones but you're not gonna hear me complaining. Now to wait for the list of price drops to hit the store once more on Monday :cool:[/QUOTE]

Im waiting for monday as well. Hope shatterd demensions hits 14.99. Well guys keep hunting as im off to go to work chat with you guys later

My store had soem decent stuff, but I thought to myself....why am I getting these? I already have a huge backlog, and my gaming time has diminished. I was going to get something to flip, but I haven't even kept up on that....oh well....

I was tempted to get at least Dead Rising 2, but I haven't even touched the XBLA games that I bought when they were on sale.

Really tempted for the 5 for $20 BD, but they didn't have enough of what I wanted. They did have the LOTR movies, but I passed.....I have the DVD, and once again I thought, I haven't touched the DVD's in years, so these would just be added to my collection and collect dust.

Me and my roommate picked up ps3 super street fighter and ps3 shattered dimensions. Total was 22.69. Guy had trouble scanning it correctly but acknowledged the sale. Went to another BBV hoping to score two Mario galaxy 2s to trade to amazon but they only had one. Ah well.

I made a killing on flips, but I left plenty of everything at my stores in Concord and Belmont NH for others.
Split/Second Ps3 x1
Split Second 360 X3
Super Street Fighter 4 Ps3 x2
Ninety-Nine Nights II 360 x2
Star Wars the Force Unleashed 2 Ps3 x4
Star Wars the Force Unleashed 2 360 x4
Medal of Honor PS3 x4
Medal of Honor 360 x1
Transformers War for Cybertron ps3 x1
Kingdom Hearts Re Coded: x2
Wheel of Fortune Wii x2
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Wii x1
DIsney Channel All star Party x3

I only took 4x of the games that they had around 16 copies of at my stores, made sure to leave some for everyone else

just got back and very happy with -

Super Mario Galaxy 2 (wii) - $25
Mario Luigi: Bowsers inside story (ds) - free
Transformers Cybertron adventures (wii) - $10
Lego Batman (ps3) -free
Dead to Rights Retribution (ps3) - $10
Dead to Rights Retribution (ps3) - free

one dead to rights for me, one to flip to gamestop

[quote name='Sinnbox']Dude! That brings back memories, 11 years ago on the 4th I was visiting a friend and hit up bogo there. Got a ton of dreamcast games, lol[/QUOTE]

That's awesome! :lol:

I miss the Dreamcast :cry:

Just got done at BBv by my job, the sale is live but they have to scan a barcode which should be in a plastic sleeve attached to monitor at register.

I picked Dead to Rights x2 , STFU2 (wii) x2 for $21.38, immediately flipped to Gamestop for $54 (40% coup + 10% PUR)

My haul from 2 Blockbusters. Spent $200, flipped 2 copies of Uncharted 2 and 1 copy of SMG2 to Gamestop and completely paid off Skyrim and put $15 down toward Gears 3. Keeping everything you see here. Was a good morning!

1z3xno3.jpg

Not a huge selection at my local store but I picked up:
Medal of Honor (360) $14.99
Boom Blox (Wii) $9.99

They do have to manually enter a bar-code for the sale (as others have reported).

[quote name='JaylisJayP']My haul from 2 Blockbusters. Spent $200, flipped 2 copies of Uncharted 2 and 1 copy of SMG2 to Gamestop and completely paid off Skyrim and put $15 down toward Gears 3. Keeping everything you see here. Was a good morning!

You got GoW Collection AND Heavy Rain? I am so jealous of your haul.

Picked up, all for PS3:
Marvel:UA
Bioshock 2
Medal of Honor
FF XIII
ST:FUII
Toy Story 3
Megamind
Uncharted 2

Pretty happy with my haul altogether. Not really sure why I went for Megamind, but I needed another 14.99 game and that was the one I didn't already have. Also picked up some Blus from the 5 for 20.

Just came back from West Covina, CA location.
For some reason, all the copies of Fallout New Vegas has the instruction manual with cover page torn out...
I got two Force Unleashed IIs, there were a couple more left in pretty good condition.
Medal of Honor :ps3: was $14.99

Went to 4 stores, only bought stuff at 2.

PS3 Rock Band 3 $10
DS Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games case (envelope actually had Winter Olympics, and I told the guy I'd still take it) $10

Wii Metroid Other M $15
DS Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story $15

Was interested in picking up PS3 Transformers WFC and Spiderman SD but couldn't find anything to pair up, and figured I'll eventually get them when they drop to $15. Passed on 2 SMG2's b/c couldn't find anything to pair up with. Didn't really see anything worth flipping or grabbing for keeps either. Was happy to see PS3 Rock Band 3 b/c I haven't been able to grab it before from BBV or TRU.

[quote name='doubledown']My store had soem decent stuff, but I thought to myself....why am I getting these? I already have a huge backlog, and my gaming time has diminished. I was going to get something to flip, but I haven't even kept up on that....oh well....
[/QUOTE]

This! My gametime has fallen to 12-4am nightly and thats if my daughter doesnt wake up in the middle of the night. Backlog is growing, game time decreasing, but I'll still hit the sale later. Just wish I hadnt picked up the last copy of Lego Harry Potter b4 the sale hit, since I'm usually the only one in this town who buys there games. Yeah I say that & that would be the one time it gets bought.

I picked up Lego Harry Potter and Transformers: WFC. They didn't have the signs up but the guy at the register knew about the sale. I saw a couple of $20 games that I was interested in but decided to pass since I went a little overboard with the BR sale.

I had quite the experience. I went in and noticed a little stand advertising the BOGO sale so I went there right away. I noticed they had games with all different prices so I asked the sales clerk to confirm if it was any priced games and then a free $14.99 game and she did confirm so then I walked around for a while to look at the games that weren't in the little stand.

Originally, I had:

:360: Halo Reach - $29.99
:360: Super Street Fighter IV $14.99
:ps3: Skate 3 Free
:ps3: LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 Free

I get to my car and look through all the cases. They were all good, except I noticed she had given me the regular Street Fighter IV. I went into fix this and after about 10 minutes of searching, she insists that she gave me the right one. I explained to her that there are two different versions and I wanted the Super one. I even had to go grab a PS3 version to show her the difference. Turns out, they only had the regular edition, so I had to exchange my game.

I just ended up springing for the extra $5 and getting :360: Dead Rising 2. So, altogether, I got:

:360: Halo Reach
:360: Dead Rising 2
:ps3: Skate 3
:ps3: LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4

For a total of $53.xx

I had Super Mario Galaxy 2 in my hand, but a man and his son came in and he saw me take the last copy of it and looked really disappointed, so I did my good deed for the day and told him he could have it. He didn't look like a brat and the dad was very grateful, so I'm happy with my decision.

I would have picked up some blu-rays, but I couldn't find anything that really sparked my interest. Tons of Toy Story 3s, which I already have, but no Toy Story 1 or 2s. I think someone in here mentioned Sleeping Beauty not dropping, but it was advertised at my store as part of the deal.

I'll probably end up going back and getting some more games, probably some under $9.99. All in all, I'm happy.

There was this massive reseller at the Nanuet, NY BBV. I got in at 11 AM and saw his huge stack of games at the counter. Numerous copies of Fallout: New Vegas for both systems and countless others. He pretty much picked every good game out and left me with a manual-less TFU2 and NN2. So if you're reading this, thanks a lot you prick. Hope your $280 investment goes down in flames.

I forgot to mention, my copy of Halo Reach came complete with an unused 48 hour gold trial and an in-game recon helmet. :D

[quote name='Tsel']I forgot to mention, my copy of Halo Reach came complete with an unused 48 hour gold trial and an in-game recon helmet. :D[/QUOTE]
Your good deed paid off! ;)

Gamestop should take note and use the stickers these guys use. They all came off within seconds and left no residue whatsoever.

Pretty happy with my haul.

Dead Rising 2 (360) $20
Transformers WFC (360) $15
SWFU 2 (360)free
Medal of Honor (ps3) free

I noticed that Medal of Honor ps3 says "includes Frontline" is that a code that should be there or is it on disc?

[quote name='icarusmight']Pretty happy with my haul.

Dead Rising 2 (360) $20
SWFU 2 (360)free

I noticed that Medal of Honor ps3 says "includes Frontline" is that a code that should be there or is it on disc?[/QUOTE]

Should be on the disc. It's a remastered PS2 game I believe.

It's on the disc.

[quote name='icarusmight']Pretty happy with my haul.

Dead Rising 2 (360) $20
SWFU 2 (360)free

I noticed that Medal of Honor ps3 says "includes Frontline" is that a code that should be there or is it on disc?[/QUOTE]

This sale might be a bust for me. I only have one BBV around me now (luckily it's only a couple minutes away) with the next one out being over an hour. I just got a 3DS so I was hoping for some good DS stuff but they barely had anything and what they did have was crap.

For 360 I ideally wanted Transformers WFC and Mafia II but they had neither (only the original Transformers game). I almost settled for New Vegas and DR2 but I already had NV twice (once with the CE and once normal) and traded them in towards other stuff in desperation...not that I didn't enjoy the game I just wanted something else more. Anyway there's so many I kinda feel dumb buying them because I know they'll drop to 9.99 soon.

I couldn't find 2 games I wanted to pay cash for since I have so much Amazon credit built up. I'm also not in the mood to flip games today. I haven't been able to just veg on my couch for quite a while, so I just left all flippable games there too. I did get some Blu-rays for $20 though, including Toy Story 1-3, so I'm happy.

At first the manager was adamant that all must be $14.99 and under to qualify for the B1G1. I assured her that the offer was different this time. She pulled her sheet, actually read the details and realized that I was correct!

Picked up:
Star Wars Force Unleashed II (360)
Bloodstone 007 (360)

They didn't have much of a selection, but I didn't have these in my collection. She was probably boggled how customers knew more that her. lol. Thanks CAG and HB!!

For those wondering about Medal of Honor: Frontline, while it is on the disc, you actually install it to your PS3 and can play it without the disc. I rented Medal of Honor from Gamefly earlier this year and I still have it on my PS3.

[quote name='Tsel']For those wondering about Medal of Honor: Frontline, while it is on the disc, you actually install it to your PS3 and can play it without the disc. I rented Medal of Honor from Gamefly earlier this year and I still have it on my PS3.[/QUOTE]

You need the disc in your PS3 to play the game, even though it's installed on your HD.

[quote name='Squall835']You need the disc in your PS3 to play the game, even though it's installed on your HD.[/QUOTE]

I haven't had the disc for months and I've played it as recently as last week.

[quote name='BucFan4055']At first the manager was adamant that all must be $14.99 and under to qualify for the B1G1. I assured her that the offer was different this time. She pulled her sheet, actually read the details and realized that I was correct!

Picked up:
Star Wars Force Unleashed II (360)
Bloodstone 007 (360)

They didn't have much of a selection, but I didn't have these in my collection. She was probably boggled how customers knew more that her. lol. Thanks CAG and HB!![/QUOTE]

This was exactly my situation as well. I just ask them to go ahead and ring it up and see what happens. Sure enough, it worked! They were surprised. They even had a table set up for all the 14.99 games with the same old sign. I picked up the same 2 games as well, except for ps3. I wanted TRON, but couldn't find a game to pair it with.

[quote name='Tsel']I haven't had the disc for months and I've played it as recently as last week.[/QUOTE]

Very interesting.....

On that same note, the Dead Space 2 LE disc *IS* required to play Dead Space: Extraction.

[quote name='mkernan']Very interesting.....

On that same note, the Dead Space 2 LE disc *IS* required to play Dead Space: Extraction.[/QUOTE]

My bad I guess, I assumed it was the same as Dead Space 2. I can't believe EA is that generous.

Managed to get Mafia II and Medal of Honor. Could not find any other games that were worth while to go with Mafia II =(

[quote name='Tsel']I haven't had the disc for months and I've played it as recently as last week.[/QUOTE]

Waht! It is definitely not supposed to work like that. The only thing i can think of is a patch came out that enabled this....

picked up

donkey kong country returns 29.99
got final fantasy (don't remember the number) 14.99

also, my brother picked up for me.
transformers wfc ps3 19.99
lego harry potter ps3 14.99

seemed pretty picked over and this was 2:30.

game sections at my local Blockbusters were like Afghanistan. Bombed out and depleted. Picked up BFBC2 for a friend, $20, got Club Penguin Game Day for my kids, free. I rocked the Blu Rays tho, picked up 10 movies for $40.
I wish I could find the other Toy Story movies, mine only had 3. Also, one of the stores had a bunch of the LOTR movies on Blu last night, none today. That's kind of disappointing. But I can't complain, I've been scoring great deals with Blockbuster the last couple months.

bread's done
Back