The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

See here for the deal: http://www.blockbuster.com/stores

There used to be a coupon to print for it, but now stores should have the bar code to scan at the register.  If not, show them their own web page (above) and maybe they will figure it out.

See BlockbusterGuy's thread for a list of titles eligible under (and commonly found at BBV) for the promo:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310423-blockbuster-video-4th-of-july-sale-bogo/

Coming July 2nd: B1G1 free on games $29.99 and under

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that anything below here might be out of date. To be honest, I have no idea if Blockbuster even takes games for trade-in any more!

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos, post any trade-in values you have obtained, and discuss new and used game selection and availability. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Blockbuster store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (BBVto Amazon to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from BBV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit will be placed onto your store account
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Depending on state law you may or may not get sales tax added to your trade-ins (and thus get more than normal). You will always be charged sales tax where applicable on purchases.

Current Trade-In Deals
There are no trade-in deals at this time nor have there been for a very very long time. They did however just recently cut down all their trade-in values to Gamestop-like levels (but without deals to make them more appealing as at GS).

Trade-In Values

Trade-in prices are usually universal at Blockbuster, but can be wildly different at franchise Blockbuster stores. Used game prices change on Monday. We are not currently sure when trade-in values get updated but a few years ago it used to be on Mondays. Any quotes given in this thread may thus be good through Sunday of the current week. If you want to be sure to get the same value another CAG has reported then do your trading by Sunday as the price may drop on Monday.

Also note that many stores will no longer accept video games without cover art. This is the official policy for DVD trade-ins but apparently many clerks will confuse the two and not allow it for games either. Just beware that it might be a hassle if you have a disc-only game to trade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Blockbuster/Gamerush Threads (dating back to June 2005!):
1 (by no means the first one but the earliest that can be found - check it out for some drama)
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up SW:TFU2 and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Blu-Rays were pretty stacked though, they had all 3 LOTR, all 3 Toy Story movies, as well as How To Train Your Dragon, Prince of Persia, and some other random Disney movies. None of the movies were properly priced, so managed to pick up 10 of them for Xmas gifts.

El Hoardo struck the Brick, NJ store hard. There was what looked like 100 plus games sitting behind the counter that I asked the employee about. He said somebody bought them all and he was waiting for him to come back and pick them up.

Only ones I could see were several copies of Mario Galaxy 2, Bad Company 2, and Spidey Shattered Dimensions DS.

Resellers hit the fort Wayne stores hard! Thankfully one store hadn't marked some blurays from 12.99 to 9.99 yet so I sable to get some good movies.

Just got back from my BBV. I was able to reserve 2 games yesterday for today's purchase.

:ps3: Super Street Fighter IV: $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed II FREE

I wanted Transformer: WFC :ps3: $19.99 to pair up with a copy of Star Wars: Force Unleashed II :ps3: $14.99, but they didn't have Transformer so I left with just the two games. $15.88 total. Both games were in excellent conditions. AC II is in mint condition. The SSF IV front cover image looks washed out, but the disc is perfect. Thanks HawaiiBoy. You rock!

[quote name='Japakneez']Waht! It is definitely not supposed to work like that. The only thing i can think of is a patch came out that enabled this....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, must be. I remember having to run it with the disc on-hand last November.

[quote name='Tsel']Gamestop should take note and use the stickers these guys use. They all came off within seconds and left no residue whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

God I can't agree with this more!

[quote name='Japakneez']Waht! It is definitely not supposed to work like that. The only thing i can think of is a patch came out that enabled this....[/QUOTE]

Or, a patch came out that disabled this… I believe I'm fully patched and I need to have the MoH disk inserted in order to play Frontlines

I picked up N3II and a copy of FUII 360 for myself. Was lucky to find a mispriced copy of Mario Galaxy 2 for 7.99. It complete in a generic box and was scratched though, so I traded it into a Gamestop for 33 with the 50% coupon. Might go back to get a copy of ACB later.

I went to 4 blockbusters today in ohio today, they didn't have much of anything. But at one i did find:

Aliens vs Predator PS3 $9.99
Haze PS3 $9.99

$10.69 total, not a bad hall.

I asked an employee at Blockbuster when they restock their used games and they said Sunday's, so i might have to check back then, I'm hoping "Dead Rising 2" on PS3 drops to $14.99 on Monday and others.

I was tempted to pick up "Dead to rights retribution" and "Army of two", $9.99 each at another Blockbuster, but "Army of two" didn't have the booklet, so I didn't get them. Does anyone know if their able to let me have the booklet from the rental copy if it has one?

So went with the intention of buying Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II and another game...

I walked out with:
:ps3: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - $14.99
:ps3: Just Cause 2 - $19.99
:360: Ninety-Nine Nights II - $14.99
:360: Enslaved - $14.99
:ds: Pokemon Platinum - $19.99
:wii: Metroid Other M - $14.99

Just got back from the two stores in Blue Springs, MO.

There's still quite a bit of stuff at both; but nothing amazing. Mostly leftovers from the last sale. Plenty of the following:

Mafia II
Ass.Creed.Bro
Ass.Creed.Two
Halo Reach
Medal of Honor
Dead Rising 2
Fallout NV
etc; etc.

Everything sub-$15 was junk; and everything @ $15 was the same stuff as last time for the most part. I wanted a couple games; but just couldn't convince myself I was getting a "super deal." Considering my backlog, it was probably for the best. Just kind of boring :whistle2:(

There was a DS copy of Zelda: Spirit Tracks for $10. Really wanted to get it; but again, nothing to pair it with. Was still contemplating, when I realized a lack of a manual. Tipped me over the edge and I decided to pass.

Wow, it's been a while since I last logged into CAG...

Went to the BBV in Hayward during my lunch break, ended up getting T:WFC and Enslaved (PS3). It had a few decent games but I already own them and am too busy to actually bother with flipping these days. Games I found:

SMG2. found about 5 copies left. They were mixed in with the rentals.
AC:Brotherhood. One copy left.
T:WFC. About another three copies left, none had the cover art or manuals though. (Last one that was complete was the one I got)
Fallout: New Vegas. Had about 6 copies left, all complete.
Metroid: Other M. 1 complete copy left.

AC Brotherhood was actually $24.99 in mine - I heard it was only $19.99.

Picked up Bad Company 2 for $19.99 with Medal of Honor ($14.99) as the free game .

I like everyone else here is hoping for the prices on all the $20 games to drop to $15. Hopefully they'll all drop on Monday.

My haul.

Super Street Fighter IV - $15 PS3
Force Unleashed II - $15 PS3
Resident Evil 5 - $15 PS3
RE: Umbrella Chronicles - $15 Wii

I did fairly well, though I came up short in the search for Heavy Rain, GoW collection, and Metro 2033. Employee at the first BB describe the details of the sale when I walked in, but she couldn't get the barcode to work. She did an override and all was well. No issue at my other stops. My total take:

Mafia 2 (it was 19.99)
W/ Lego Harry Potter

Dead Rising 2
W/ SWFU 2

Just Cause 2
W/ Transformers wfc

Uncharted 2
W/ Toy Story 3

Also found a new copy of SWFU 2 on clearance for $7.50!

Is it possible to check inventory online through the BB website? I was sure you couldn't, but I thought I saw someone mention doing it.

So I went to 2 BBVs. Neither of the two knew about the deals, but I told them to check out their barcode deals. They looked, found it, but the barcode didn't work. At the first store, the lady just did an override to get me the free games. The second one, the guy called the other store, then found the working barcode in an email from the District Manager. My Haul:

$29.99
Donkey Kong Country Returns

$14.99
Transformers War for Cybertron (xbox)
Kingdom hearts Recoded
White Knight Chronicles
FFXIII (ps3)
Tiger 2011 (wii)
Animal Crossing Wild World
Spider-Man Web of Shadows (ps3)
Force Unleashed 2 x2 (both systems)

$9.99
Metroid Prime 3
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Batman Brave & Bold (wii)
PoP Forgotten Sands (wii)
House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return

decent enough for $120 or so.

I see that everyone has had as much fun with this sale as i am ! Both of my galaxy 2 and both of my force unleashed are locked and ready to ship to amazon. I hope shattered demensions is 14.99 on monday cause If it is, then i can get metro and have spiderman as my free game.

[quote name='Tsel']Dammit, I want Metro. Argh![/QUOTE]

I hope nobody takes the last copy at my blockbuster. Oh and have you checked Your local kmart ? They sell It for 19.99 new

[quote name='PlowK1NG']Fable 3 was mislabeled. I took the counter feeling excited, and the cashier said "Its actually 24.99, do you still want it?" I told her no, and left very disappointed.[/QUOTE]
That's when some of us woulda asked for a manager and hoped they would've did an override of it to the $10 price. Of course, then they'd have probably accused you of switching the price tags or something.:whistle2:#

Hit up bbv and came out happy.

all of it for 360:
fallout nv: 14.99
swfu ii: 9.99 - free

darksiders: 9.99
swfu ii: 9.99 - free

#winning.

I plan on trading the second copy of swfu ii. only bought it cuz i wasn't able to find anything else.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I want darksiders buy my bbv doesnt have it[/QUOTE]
i heard great stuf about darksiders so it's definitely worth the shot. my bbv had three copies of it :cool:.

Went a little crazy but after a few flips, total will be about $100.

PS3
Medal of Honor
Fallout New Vegas
Final Fantasy XIII
UFC Undisputed 2010
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
SW:FU II
Heavy Rain
Call of Duty 3

Wii
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy II (x2)
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Metroid: Other M
Warioware: Smooth Moves
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn ($9.99!!!)
Boom Blox
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Wario Land: Shake It
House of the Dead 2+3 Return
Bully:Scholarship Edition

Xbox 360
Rock Band 3
SW:FU II (x2)

Hawaiiboy, you the man!

[quote name='PlowK1NG']Fable 3 was mislabeled. I took the counter feeling excited, and the cashier said "Its actually 24.99, do you still want it?" I told her no, and left very disappointed.[/QUOTE]

You should have got it for $9.99, i had two mispriced games at BBV in the past and they honored it. Speak up next time.

Got the following:

Super Mario Galaxy 2
SW: TFU II x2
Transformers: WOC

Will be flipping SMG2 and the TFUs. Getting a pretty good value on Amazon with $29.75 for SMG2 and $14 for TFU2. Before I proceed, does anyone know if I can get a better deal at GS perhaps with some coupon or promo that I don't know about?

[quote name='Staraang21']Got the following:

Super Mario Galaxy 2
SW: TFU II x2
Transformers: WOC

Will be flipping SMG2 and the TFUs. Getting a pretty good value on Amazon with $29.75 for SMG2 and $14 for TFU2. Before I proceed, does anyone know if I can get a better deal at GS perhaps with some coupon or promo that I don't know about?[/QUOTE]

You bought just 3?

To keep....
Medal of Honor :360: & :ps3:
Skate 3 :ps3:
Final Fantasy XIII :ps3:
Dead Rising 2 :ps3:

To pay for them I bought and flipped...
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood :360:
Star Wars The Force Unleashed II 2X:360: 2X:ps3:

[quote name='shrike4242']To the CAG who reported the idiocy in here, thank you. That issue has been dealt with for a little while since he's prevented from posting for a bit of time. It should be cleaned up now, so go back to what you were doing previously.

If there's other issues going on in the thread or other threads, please report the posts and a mod will deal with it.[/QUOTE]

I miss him :whistle2:#

Currently picking up
Ps3
Uncharted 2 $14.99 (labeled $19.99)
swfu2 free

Asscreed broth. $19.99
dirt 2 free

One more BBV to hit before going home.

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Went a little crazy but after a few flips, total will be about $100.

PS3
Medal of Honor
Fallout New Vegas
Final Fantasy XIII
UFC Undisputed 2010
Heavy Rain
Call of Duty 3

Wii
Super Mario Galaxy
Boom Blox

Xbox 360
Rock Band 3

Hawaiiboy, you the man![/QUOTE]

That Wii selection is stunning! :hot::hot:

Both my Blockbusters had nothing but absolute garbage for the Wii. That, and Goldeneye... but I have Goldeneye. Were all those $15 or less? I'm super jealous. Good work!

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Went a little crazy but after a few flips, total will be about $100.

PS3
Medal of Honor
Fallout New Vegas
Final Fantasy XIII
UFC Undisputed 2010
Heavy Rain
Call of Duty 3

Wii
Super Mario Galaxy
Boom Blox

Xbox 360
Rock Band 3

Hawaiiboy, you the man![/QUOTE]

Nice pickups. I was hoping to find a copy of Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Bully, but no luck. Glad I found Donkey Kong though.

Just got back, all had manuals except for SSF4

Dead Rising 2 $19.99
Ass Creed Bro Ho labled $14.99 but rang up $19.99 (still free)
Star wars FU2 $14.99
Super SF 4 $14.99 (free)

My receipt doesnt show an override for Ass creed, but it was still taken as a bogo. Naturally the signs werent up at my store, so nothing was touched.
Thinking about pairing Dead to rights retribution with blue dragon, but since I'm gonna be out of town this weekend I figure save the money for possibly a better pair right?

I picked up,

Assassin Creed Brotherhood $24.99
Medal of Honor $14.99
Singularity $9.99
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 $14.99

I got 3 games working, but AC: brotherhood doesn't work on my ps3. Do I take only AC: brotherhood back to Blockbuster with receipt and give me another copy or something? thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I found more blu-ray's to buy then games this time round.
Minor haul game wise.
360:
SW:TFU2
Medal of Honor
Transformers:WFC

PS3:
FFXIII

Side note. Apparently el Horado hit the store at 67th Ave & Happy Valley.
Girl behind the counter was talking to her coworker when I walked in about having to
call someone to verify the sale for a guy who was trying to buy over 100 games.

Still there were a few games there to buy but nothing special.

bread's done
Back