The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

See here for the deal: http://www.blockbuster.com/stores

There used to be a coupon to print for it, but now stores should have the bar code to scan at the register.  If not, show them their own web page (above) and maybe they will figure it out.

See BlockbusterGuy's thread for a list of titles eligible under (and commonly found at BBV) for the promo:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310423-blockbuster-video-4th-of-july-sale-bogo/

Coming July 2nd: B1G1 free on games $29.99 and under

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that anything below here might be out of date. To be honest, I have no idea if Blockbuster even takes games for trade-in any more!

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos, post any trade-in values you have obtained, and discuss new and used game selection and availability. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Blockbuster store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (BBVto Amazon to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from BBV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit will be placed onto your store account
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Depending on state law you may or may not get sales tax added to your trade-ins (and thus get more than normal). You will always be charged sales tax where applicable on purchases.

Current Trade-In Deals
There are no trade-in deals at this time nor have there been for a very very long time. They did however just recently cut down all their trade-in values to Gamestop-like levels (but without deals to make them more appealing as at GS).

Trade-In Values

Trade-in prices are usually universal at Blockbuster, but can be wildly different at franchise Blockbuster stores. Used game prices change on Monday. We are not currently sure when trade-in values get updated but a few years ago it used to be on Mondays. Any quotes given in this thread may thus be good through Sunday of the current week. If you want to be sure to get the same value another CAG has reported then do your trading by Sunday as the price may drop on Monday.

Also note that many stores will no longer accept video games without cover art. This is the official policy for DVD trade-ins but apparently many clerks will confuse the two and not allow it for games either. Just beware that it might be a hassle if you have a disc-only game to trade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Blockbuster/Gamerush Threads (dating back to June 2005!):
1 (by no means the first one but the earliest that can be found - check it out for some drama)
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Last edited by a moderator:
Blockbuster by me wasnt doing buy any game get a $14.99 or less game free, only the typical buy me of $14.99 or less get 1 free. Nothing I wanted.

Picked up the 2 games I wanted most

Uncharted 2
Nnn 2

Then a few others for trade bait or flipping
bloodstone
recoded
mario luigi inside story
mario hoops

Also grabbed 5 blus for the kids
Toy story 1 2 and 3
how to train your dragon
ice age 3

Picked up pretty much all I wanted:

Wii:
Goldeneye 19.99
Metroid: Other M 14.99

DS:
Kingdom Hearts RE:Coded 14.99
Bowsers Inside Story 14.99

Metro 2033 is $19.99 I believe.

[quote name='JKSonic']So is Metro 14.99 now? If so I may go back and pick that up with either FO NV or DR2...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mrwogs2']Metro 2033 is $19.99 I believe.[/QUOTE]

Eh well not really worth it then... I actually had it a while back and got it for cheap at Sears and traded it in for more than I paid but I'd like to pick it up for my summer backlog.

BTW, some of their marketing at the store stated that both games had to be $14.99 or under.

So, if your store's ads said that, then just go back and things should still ring up correctly.

Nabbed spiderman and ninety nine nights 2

[quote name='smashngrab77']Picked up the 2 games I wanted most

Uncharted 2
Nnn 2

Then a few others for trade bait or flipping
bloodstone
recoded
mario luigi inside story
mario hoops

Also grabbed 5 blus for the kids
Toy story 1 2 and 3
how to train your dragon
ice age 3[/QUOTE]

I wish I had those choices for blu-ray. My BBV in Tampa, FL (Westchase area) had nothing but toaster leave-ins.

I picked up:
ModNation Racers (14.99)
Medal of Honor 360 (14.99)
NNN2 (14.99)
Final Fantasy XIII 360 (14.99)

Last edited by a moderator:
Drove to my local Blockbuster to hopefully find a nice deal after a month or two of absence. It was closed. Forever. THERE IS NO GOD!!!

BTW, some of their marketing at the store stated that both games had to be $14.99 or under.

yeah, we never received new marketing stuff for the sale so they told us to use the old signage but to just inform customers about the new details of the sale.

I got 007 BloodStone for $20.00 (sticker price was $24.99) and Medal of Honor Free they did not have Splinter Cell Conviction which was kind of upsetting they still did not have alot to choose from.

Sooo I went a bit out of town to hit up one more BBV. Grabbed:
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (yay)
Kingdom Hearts Recoded x2
Split Second (Xbox360)
Bully (wii)
Godfather Blackhand Edition

originally was getting Spirit Tracks instead of Godfather, but they couldn't find the game :cry:

Like one or two other people reported, Super Street Fighter IV for PS3 is $14.99, but they gave me the disc for regular Street Fighter IV instead. Had to wait around for 5-10 minutes while they looked for the correct disc, and eventually did a rental conversion for me when they couldn't find it. So I'll repeat the heads-up, if you buy that title, make sure you check the disc, as that's an easy mistake to make.

By the way, HawaiiBoy, you're the man. If nothing else, I hope this twerp trying to talk trash to you made you feel loved and appreciated by all the people who jumped to your defense! Thanks for all you do here.

Grabbed God of war collection 14.99 and Medal of honor 14.99 for now, but I am waiting to see if there are any price drops before I pick up and games above 14.99.

BOOOOOOO! PS3 selections sucks as it is in my area (south la, north OC counties) but the guy at the La Habra store told me someone rolled in from Irvine (about 30 miles) and cleaned the place out spending about $500.

dont' know how I got it all for $21 should have been more but the kid typed on the computer for like 15 minutes, so $5 a piece isn't bad.

PS3
Super Street Fighter IV

Spider Man Shattered dimension
Condemned 1
Condemned 2

[quote name='pun123']dont' know how I got it all for $21 should have been more but the kid typed on the computer for like 15 minutes, so $5 a piece isn't bad.

PS3
Super Street Fighter IV

Spider Man Shattered dimension
Condemned 1
Condemned 2[/QUOTE]

During the last sale, I got Burnout Paradise, Timeshift, FEAR Files, and Dirt for $10. No clue on how that happened.

[quote name='izpep']
Apparently el Horado hit the store at 67th Ave & Happy Valley.
Girl behind the counter was talking to her coworker when I walked in about having to
call someone to verify the sale for a guy who was trying to buy over 100 games.[/QUOTE]

that must explain why there's never much in any of the blockbusters in Phx. I wonder if el horado hits the east valley too where i live.

So after day 1, how was everyone's haul? What are the good flippables? I'm too lazy to go buy anything for myself or even attempt to flipper it.

My haul for today:

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (xbox 360) - $19.99
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 (xbox 360) - Free
Lego Harry Potter (xbox 360) - $14.99
Medal of Honor (xbox 360) - Free

All in good condition and complete. I am extremely tight on funds these days, so I picked up AC:B and SWTFU2 for flipping purposes to pay for Harry Potter and Medal of Honor, the games I wanted for myself. MOH had the code inside, but it was already used.

So far I've gotten:

Uncharted 2
Kingdom Hearts: Re-Coded
AC Brotherhood
Force Unleashed 2

Wasn't able to find several games, especially Lego Harry Potter for Xbox 360, God of War collection and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune for PS3. Anyone have access to these games and willing to trade? PM me.

Also, thanks again Hawaiiboy!!!

[quote name='nas6034']So after day 1, how was everyone's haul? What are the good flippables? I'm too lazy to go buy anything for myself or even attempt to flipper it.[/QUOTE]

Im flipping all four games i got. The Best flips for amazon by far are

Mario galaxy: 29.75
Force unleashed 2 360 version: 14.00
007 bloodstone 360 version: 13.00

Im flipping both galaxy 2' and force unleashed 2's tommorow afternoon after work

I picked up God of War Collection and Transformer: War for Cybertron (XBox360) today. I am thinking of trading the Transformer game, if anybody is interested. It comes with a case, no manual (does it come with one?) and from what I remember, the disc has a couple of scratches (gotta double check on that, I'm on vacation right now and the disc is back home).

But PM if interested.

Today
Both 360 POGs:
The Club $2.99
Splinter Cell DA Free

Managed to get a PS2 memory card clearanced for $2.50 about 2 weeks ago as well.

Hey has anyone here seen Castlevania lords of shadow at blockbuster and If so how much is the used price ? I really want it but for a good deal. I would consider trading for it too If anyone here has it

[quote name='Cerebral_One']Are PS3 accessories still 90% off? I saw some remotes.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 remotes were not included in the clearance sale. They're apparently going to continue carrying those, so they have remained full price.

i picked up the medal of honor limited ed. (ps3) w/ another game strictly for the battlefield 3 beta but it didn't occur to me later that ea games now require vip codes.

will i still be able to participate in the early battlefield 3 beta even though my copy is used and i have no vip code?

Reading about all these price differences really makes me frustrated with the Blockbuster stores in my area. I went to 3 separate stores and prices were all over the place, but SWFU2 was $19.99 in every store, and it looked like they had just re-stickered it too, so I didn't bother asking. So it's $14.99 right?

I almost picked up Modnation Racers but it was labeled as $19.99 and I saw here someone said $14.99. Unfortunately it didn't have an original case.

If I get bored tomorrow I might go back and check out the store across the street from me but the lack of proper labeling makes me want to avoid this sale all together. Nearly half the Blus I picked up tonight had the wrong label and of course the employee was completely surprised when they rang up differently.

I went into store 1 today and the employee was pretty nice to me, told me that the deal works with 15 and up games as long as the free one is 15 or under. I ended up buying 4 games (Dead Rising 2 and SWTFUII, and 2, 10$ games). When he scanned them he said for some reason the register wasn't subtracting the game and adding the deal. He gave me no hassle though and subtracted each free game manually and I walked out of the store with a great deal.

Store #2 - (clearly a franchised store) had everything priced at least 5$ more than what they should've been. Not to mention some games were ridiculously priced higher. One of the 10$ games I bought at store #1 was 35$ at this one. Also, no good games in stock, just a bunch of crap.

I walked out of there with nothing. No way the dude's stealing my money.

Overall though I'm pretty happy with what I got. Kind of disappointed I wasn't able to find a copy of Mafia II anywhere but I'll wait to hear tomorrow if any games are dropping in price and maybe I'll return to store #1 to check again. Good luck to the rest of you. I'm enjoying this weekend with my new games.

I stopped at quite a few locations today, mainly hoping to find a copy of Uncharted 2 (For personal use) but instead just got stuff to flip.

I picked up

PS3
God of War Collection
Heavy Rain

SWFUII
Beautiful Katamari
Eternal Sonata

Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2

I am keeping Force Unleashed 2 and Gamestop gets the rest!

Turned about $55 cash into about $90 GS credit plus Force Unleashed 2

So although I did not get Uncharted 2 I think making a $35 profit and walking away with a free copy of Force Unleashed 2 is a pretty sweet gig.

[quote name='DerClaw']gah! some gold coins arrived today and I completely forgot about this.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I haate it when that happens......

?

[quote name='Donut2922']my store had tons of SMG2 but no good $14.99 games. WTF[/QUOTE]

Dang, lucky. Out of like 5 locations, I found one copy. Regardless of what $15 game you get, you could easily flip that for a decent profit. spend like $27 for SMG2 and w.e $15 game (there are a ton with base TIV of like $7 or $8 at GS). With the 40% coupon and PUR you are looking at minimum $43 credit, which that is saying you could barely get any good $15 valued game to flip. If you could get one of the $9 tiv $15 games then you are looking at $46.50.

Although not a huge gain, a gain nonetheless and if there are a couple copies then that means you could make a quick $40 or $60.

Tthe BBV's I went to today had a ton of games. I bought mainly PS3 games because most of the Xbox 360 and Wii discs looked like they had been slid across the parking lot. All are complete w/ case and manual. It worked out to $10 a game + tax.

Xbox 360
Star Wars Force Unleashed II ($14.99)
Blur ($19.99)
Street Fighter IV ($9.99)

PS3
Dead Rising 2 ($19.99)
Uncharted 2 ($14.99)
Street Fighter IV ($9.99)
LEGO Harry Potter ($14.99)
Medal of Honor ($14.99)
Fallout 3 ($9.99)
Split / Second ($14.99)
Star Wars Force Unleashed II ($14.99)
Dead to Rights Retribution ($9.99)
Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions ($19.99)
God of War Collection ($14.99)
Fallout New Vegas ($14.99)

Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2 ($24.99)
Kirby Epic Yarn ($24.99)
NBA Jam ($14.99)
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles ($14.99)

DS
Star Wars III: The Clone Wars ($19.99)

[quote name='BrolyB593']Dang, lucky. Out of like 5 locations, I found one copy. Regardless of what $15 game you get, you could easily flip that for a decent profit. spend like $27 for SMG2 and w.e $15 game (there are a ton with base TIV of like $7 or $8 at GS). With the 40% coupon and PUR you are looking at minimum $43 credit, which that is saying you could barely get any good $15 valued game to flip. If you could get one of the $9 tiv $15 games then you are looking at $46.50.

Although not a huge gain, a gain nonetheless and if there are a couple copies then that means you could make a quick $40 or $60.[/QUOTE]

yeah and that's the problem I didn't find any worthwhile $14.99 games. I picked up 1 SMG2 and 1 F:NV for the Xbox. That's how lame it was. Boooo. If I could return and exchange it to another BBV I'd be all over this.

[quote name='Donut2922']yeah and that's the problem I didn't find any worthwhile $14.99 games. I picked up 1 SMG2 and 1 F:NV for the Xbox. That's how lame it was. Boooo. If I could return and exchange it to another BBV I'd be all over this.[/QUOTE]

Hhaha we must have the exact same Blockbuster. I did the exact same thing. I was gonna get Wheel of Fortune for my parents for 9.99, but grabbed F NV with SMG2.

[quote name='BrolyB593']I stopped at quite a few locations today, mainly hoping to find a copy of Uncharted 2 (For personal use) but instead just got stuff to flip.

I picked up

PS3
God of War Collection
Heavy Rain

SWFUII
Beautiful Katamari
Eternal Sonata

Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2

I am keeping Force Unleashed 2 and Gamestop gets the rest!

Turned about $55 cash into about $90 GS credit plus Force Unleashed 2

So although I did not get Uncharted 2 I think making a $35 profit and walking away with a free copy of Force Unleashed 2 is a pretty sweet gig.[/QUOTE]
Beautiful Katamari! :hot::hot::hot::hot:

[quote name='DerClaw']gah! some gold coins arrived today and I completely forgot about this.[/
Yup my beanie babies showed up today and totally screwed me.

Anyone have an opinion on Kingdom Hearts Recoded? I found 3 copies at a local Blockbuster but I passed since I was turned off to the DS versions by KH: 358/2 Days.

[quote name='emg28']Anyone have an opinion on Kingdom Hearts Recoded? I found 3 copies at a local Blockbuster but I passed since I was turned off to the DS versions by KH: 358/2 Days.[/QUOTE]
aw crap. i hope 358 isnt that bad b/c it was they only ds game in 5 locations that wasn't shovelware or rabbids garbage.

bread's done
Back