The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

See here for the deal: http://www.blockbuster.com/stores

There used to be a coupon to print for it, but now stores should have the bar code to scan at the register.  If not, show them their own web page (above) and maybe they will figure it out.

See BlockbusterGuy's thread for a list of titles eligible under (and commonly found at BBV) for the promo:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310423-blockbuster-video-4th-of-july-sale-bogo/

Coming July 2nd: B1G1 free on games $29.99 and under

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that anything below here might be out of date. To be honest, I have no idea if Blockbuster even takes games for trade-in any more!

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos, post any trade-in values you have obtained, and discuss new and used game selection and availability. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Blockbuster store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (BBVto Amazon to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from BBV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit will be placed onto your store account
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Depending on state law you may or may not get sales tax added to your trade-ins (and thus get more than normal). You will always be charged sales tax where applicable on purchases.

Current Trade-In Deals
There are no trade-in deals at this time nor have there been for a very very long time. They did however just recently cut down all their trade-in values to Gamestop-like levels (but without deals to make them more appealing as at GS).

Trade-In Values

Trade-in prices are usually universal at Blockbuster, but can be wildly different at franchise Blockbuster stores. Used game prices change on Monday. We are not currently sure when trade-in values get updated but a few years ago it used to be on Mondays. Any quotes given in this thread may thus be good through Sunday of the current week. If you want to be sure to get the same value another CAG has reported then do your trading by Sunday as the price may drop on Monday.

Also note that many stores will no longer accept video games without cover art. This is the official policy for DVD trade-ins but apparently many clerks will confuse the two and not allow it for games either. Just beware that it might be a hassle if you have a disc-only game to trade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Blockbuster/Gamerush Threads (dating back to June 2005!):
1 (by no means the first one but the earliest that can be found - check it out for some drama)
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the all the info, just wanted to extend my range of flipping limit. Also are they able to view all of your trade history in the same store.

yes we can see back about 6 months.

I forgot to mention starting tomorrow the game pass has an introductory price of $14.99 for the first month.

unless we got an email tonight the last communication I saw was the sale ends on Monday 9/5.

I found the last copy of the Badpod Dark Knight for $9.99 and LA Noire for $39.99 and got Tron Evolution for free, both for the 360. Thanks for the sale update, op.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']yes we can see back about 6 months.

I forgot to mention starting tomorrow the game pass has an introductory price of $14.99 for the first month.

unless we got an email tonight the last communication I saw was the sale ends on Monday 9/5.[/QUOTE]

Weird that the guy at mine said it would run through 9/12. I didn't even ask. I was checking out when he goes "Oh, and by the way, this sale goes through the 12th." and then proceeded to tell me about the transfers.

I was disappointed about not finding Splatterhouse. I may end up getting Mindjack as a freebie before the end of the sale.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']if anyone still has giftcards there is finally a resolution to this situation. starting 9/12 anyone with a giftcard doesnt matter what amount is on there as long it has $.01 will get either 5 free rentals or 2 months of the online program 1 out at a time w/unlimited exchanges. so it will be beneficial to some but will screw others.[/QUOTE]
After they announced with the bankruptcy they would no longer be honored, I found a GC I had forgotten about with about $10 on it . This is good news for me.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Picked up for X360 complete and excellent condition:

Beautiful Katamari $6.99
N3 Ninety-Nine Nights Free[/QUOTE]

Very nice find on the Katamari! I would have thought those would have already been cleared out in the last few BOGO sales.

Managed to get my 360 Splatterhouse swapped for the PS3 one and paid the difference since all the Houston stores don't want to let us go above 15 for the fist game in the sale. Has any other Houston CAG found a location that has let them do it? Cause the North side ones will not.

Just throwing this out there since I want people to see it, lol. I have an extra copy of Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions for the Wii if anybody is interested, PM me. Will trade for almost any other PS3 game that's worth 14.99 in the sale.

[quote name='chingychink2005']Just throwing this out there since I want people to see it, lol. I have an extra copy of Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions if anybody is interested, PM me. Will trade for almost any other PS3 game that's worth 14.99 in the sale.[/QUOTE]

Will you trade for Mindjack? ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Called two stores around me and none of them are doing trade-ins. That sucks. Hawaiiboy, do all stores do trade-ins?

[quote name='aircobra']How much are Splatterhouse and Madden 11 supposed to be? They both ring up at $19.99 at my BBV. I could have sworn they were supposed to be cheaper though.[/QUOTE]

SplatterHouse on the Xbox 360 is $15 i picked one up for that price PS3 price is $20

How much is the pricing for Dead Space 2 supposed to be, I see someone mentioned it was supposed to be different.

The NBA Jam pricing at my store was finally right, got 2 copies for the PS3 and 1 for xbox and aragorn's quest on the wii.

Traded brink and two copies of hunted to BBV they game me 65.27(17,22,22, and 4.27 for tax :lol:, whats up with that), then I bought 2 copies of Donkey Country Returns, Metroid:Other M, Metroid 3, Legend of the Guardians, and splatter house, had to pay $4.25. TIV at BB was $115.50 :D

[quote name='Silence4520']or is this only instore?[/QUOTE]
You can search with google shopping, Ex:http://www.google.com/search?q=splatter%20house&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&source=hp&channel=np#ds=pr&pq=splatterhouse&hl=en&sugexp=bvec&cp=9&gs_id=6&xhr=t&q=splatterhouse&pf=p&sclient=psy&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&channel=np&tbs=local_avail:1&tbm=shop&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=splatter+house&aq=0l&aqi=g-l5&aql=f&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=64eb868c3fcba0b6&biw=1024&bih=605

Just picked up:
Mario Kart DS (in original case)- $20
Dead Space 2 (360 with online pass :) )- $20
SWFUII x2 (360) - FREE

Gonna flip Mario Kart and the 2 SWFU games and hopefully make some $$!

i went to a store yesterday that was a gold mine. literally 40 to 50 games on each console. some dups but tons of games.

I picked up BFBC2 10$ / enslaved 0$
Lego harry potter 15$ / 007 bloodstone 0$

ended up swapping out enslaved for skate 3.
very satisfied w/ my haul to add to the backlog.

Thanks for the tip on the game guides, I picked up LA Noire for $5. I know Rockstar Social Club has pretty much all the info, but this will be much more convenient finding the cars/films reels.

Picked up Crysis 2 that was mispriced at $24.99, got Dead Space 2 for free. Then Splatterhouse for $14.99 and SWTFU2 for free. They had several copies of Dead Space 2, but hardly anything else.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Will you trade for Mindjack? ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist.[/QUOTE]

You should have said kane and lynch 2 but i forgot it got dropped to 9 LOL

My Blockbuster literally only had 4 guides of Dragon Age II and that was it. What's odd is that it was listed as 75%, but the price tag said $6.25.

Anybody ever report a Blockbuster employee to a district manager either for being completely clueless/incompetent about new policies/sales or for being an asshole? If I'm met with a lot of resistance when I go out tomorrow I think I'll try to be calm but definitely leave a message on the voicemail of whoever is in charge of my area and hopefully this will help things.

I haven't, but I have noticed the DM's phone number on the wall behind the counter at a few stores. (below the manager's phone number and name)

A BBV employee checked for FIFA 11 stock...none within the next 50 miles =(. Guess I'll just wait for PES 2012.

My local BBV had guides but were still regular price. Was hoping to get a Mafia 2 guide but oh well.

Got Enslaved, N32, The Shoot, and Blur. Don't think I'm gonna get more games unless there is a good price drop for Labor Day.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']If anyone needs an online pass for Dead Space 2 for the PS3, feel free to shoot me a PM, can have it for free.[/QUOTE]

Thanks bud. I appreciate you sending me the code!

[quote name='mightymek']Thanks bud. I appreciate you sending me the code![/QUOTE]

Not a problem, hope you enjoy, handed that out faster than I expected.

Going to another BBV tomorrow, this one usually has a ton of good used titles. So we'll see. Really want KZ3 and AC:B

I'm done with this sale at this point. haven't seen a purchase with what's avalible at my bbv that makes since to me. Especially after I got a sealed copy of enslaved (360) earlier for 10 shipped. Very dissapointed with my blockbusters selection this time around :(

[quote name='Tsel']My Blockbuster literally only had 4 guides of Dragon Age II and that was it. What's odd is that it was listed as 75%, but the price tag said $6.25.[/QUOTE]
Thats cuz I think Dragon Age II's guide is $24.99, as opposed to the usual $19.99 for guides of that size.

As for what I grabbed, I offered to go in $10/$10 with a buddy of mine on a combo of :ps3:AC: Brotherhood and a second hopefully at least $14.99 game.

Unfortunately at the time I didn't even see a game I'd consider. But after he chose to grab a copy of :ps3:Enslaved after I waffled on buying anything then I saw a copy of :ps3:Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions and paired that up with a copy of :ps3:Legendary.

It wasn't until AFTER I got in the car that I checked my discs and found that Spiderman had two LARGE scratches/gouges on the disc. Not to mention that but the manual and coverart are all crinkled n shit. Apparently they must've converted the more beat up copy.

I ended up going back in and swapping out the disc for their other copy, which had only a couple smudges and a lil dust on it. Now if I can just convince the employees tomorrow to lemme swap out for the mint condition artwork/manual.;)

The Blockbuster I went to said they don't do trade in because they don't have the paper work for it =(. Was so ready to trade my Brink and Hunted. But I did find 2 SWFUII and 2 Medal of Honor, add that with my $10 reward zone and I had enough for Dead Island next week. Woo hoo. My first Pre-order EVER!

both for PS3, I grabbed Unleashed 2 and Dead Space 2 saw nothing more.. Also bitted on Splatterhouse 2 for $10 new on amazon today.

Time to flip Dead Space 2>1,000 goozex points!

I was extremely disappointed with the lack of guides. They must have sold most of them when they were $10 during the clearance. Unless I missed them, which I doubt.

[quote name='CaoPi']both for PS3, I grabbed Unleashed 2 and Dead Space 2 saw nothing more.. Also bitted on Splatterhouse 2 for $10 new on amazon today.

Time to flip Dead Space 2>1,000 goozex points![/QUOTE]

Bitted? Lol.

But yeah, this is a good time for Goozex flips. The PS3 version of NBA Jam is 900 points. :hot:

The managers at two different stores tried to tell me that this sale was buy 1 $14.99 (or more) get one LESS than but not equal to $14.99 (if the first game was $14.99) and that their communication from corporate specifically said that the second game must be less than the one you pay for. I was trying to buy 4 $14.99 games and 4 $9.99 games, and the managers at both locations were adamant that I had to pay for all of the $14.99 titles and get all of the $9.99s free. Also, if I only wanted the $9.99 games, then I wouldn't get any of them for free since the one you pay for has be to $14.99 or more. After I explained to them that that is not how this or the previous sales worked, they told me that they had a conference call with their district manager on Tuesday morning and he said this deal was totally different than all prior B1G1s. At another location, everything worked exactly as it should where titles of the same price are paired together just as it had been in the past.

hawaiiboy, was this just plain ignorance on the part of these two managers or were there any meaningful differences in the communication you received about the terms of this sale versus the July sale?

[quote name='winterlane']The managers at two different stores tried to tell me that this sale was buy 1 $14.99 (or more) get one LESS than but not equal to $14.99 (if the first game was $14.99) and that their communication from corporate specifically said that the second game must be less than the one you pay for. I was trying to buy 4 $14.99 games and 4 $9.99 games, and the managers at both locations were adamant that I had to pay for all of the $14.99 titles and get all of the $9.99s free. Also, if I only wanted the $9.99 games, then I wouldn't get any of them for free since the one you pay for has be to $14.99 or more. After I explained to them that that is not how this or the previous sales worked, they told me that they had a conference call with their district manager on Tuesday morning and he said this deal was totally different than all prior B1G1s. At another location, everything worked exactly as it should where titles of the same price are paired together just as it had been in the past.

hawaiiboy, was this just plain ignorance on the part of these two managers or were there any meaningful differences in the communication you received about the terms of this sale versus the July sale?[/QUOTE]

The employee here had no clue about the buy any used and get a $15 or under free title. This was in the morning when I picked up DS 2 which was 19.99 along with a $15 game. Yeah they need to wise up their employees!

[quote name='winterlane']The managers at two different stores tried to tell me that this sale was buy 1 $14.99 (or more) get one LESS than but not equal to $14.99 (if the first game was $14.99) and that their communication from corporate specifically said that the second game must be less than the one you pay for. I was trying to buy 4 $14.99 games and 4 $9.99 games, and the managers at both locations were adamant that I had to pay for all of the $14.99 titles and get all of the $9.99s free. Also, if I only wanted the $9.99 games, then I wouldn't get any of them for free since the one you pay for has be to $14.99 or more. After I explained to them that that is not how this or the previous sales worked, they told me that they had a conference call with their district manager on Tuesday morning and he said this deal was totally different than all prior B1G1s. At another location, everything worked exactly as it should where titles of the same price are paired together just as it had been in the past.

hawaiiboy, was this just plain ignorance on the part of these two managers or were there any meaningful differences in the communication you received about the terms of this sale versus the July sale?[/QUOTE]

Your situation was unfortunately a case of ignorant employees at your store. The communication is the same, but some just choose to interpet it in the way they see fit.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I went to my local Blockbuster store today looking for b1g1 games and saw a new sale going on for previously viewed blurays and dvd's. Buy 2 get 3 free on all previously viewed 9.99 and under movies. Unfortunately the selection wasn't as good as the last 5 for $20 (or was it 4 for 20?) deal so I passed on it

not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I went to my local Blockbuster store today looking for b1g1 games and saw a new sale going on for previously viewed blurays and dvd's. Buy 2 get 3 free on all previously viewed 9.99 and under movies. Unfortunately the selection wasn't as good as the last 5 for $20 (or was it 4 for 20?) deal so I passed on it

its just another way to market the 5 for $20 that's been going on for about 3 weeks.

Blockbuster I went to said they don't do trade in because they don't have the paper work for it.

they can print the sheet right there for you which takes about a minute they obviously just don't know about it. Just go back when the store manager is there as I hope they would know how to do something as simple as that.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']its just another way to market the 5 for $20 that's been going on for about 3 weeks.

they can print the sheet right there for you which takes about a minute they obviously just don't know about it. Just go back when the store manager is there as I hope they would know how to do something as simple as that.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. The 2 girls that were there, did mention that they were trained on that module but never have done it. haha

Man...im moving this weekend and am really going to miss the bb a mile down the road. Not only did they have a decent selection but the employees are always on the ball about the details of each sale...even at 10 a.m. the day it starts i never had a problem. Just a note to say there are some good stores out there.

So I did end up flipping, they had a TON of stuff and there was anywhere from 1-4 copies left of everything I got. I spend $40 and some change and got Assassin's Creed Bro, Dead Space 2, TFU II all on XBox and then Harry Lego on Wii... Turned them around at best buy for about $83, over 100% profit!!!!!!!!!!!

Then I had BB price match Toys R Us's Madden deal for $45 and got Madden for almost free. It's even less changed this year than normal so I'll play it a bit for some achievements and then trade that in too.

So did I read correctly that the TIVs for Hunted DF and Brink were 17 and 22 respectively (as of yesterday)? Also which system were these for?

[quote name='bgame2']So did I read correctly that the TIVs for Hunted DF and Brink were 17 and 22 respectively (as of yesterday)? Also which system were these for?[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is correct. I traded the 360 versions.

Edit: but you could always call them to confirm the ps3 prices.

bread's done
Back