The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

See here for the deal: http://www.blockbuster.com/stores

There used to be a coupon to print for it, but now stores should have the bar code to scan at the register.  If not, show them their own web page (above) and maybe they will figure it out.

See BlockbusterGuy's thread for a list of titles eligible under (and commonly found at BBV) for the promo:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310423-blockbuster-video-4th-of-july-sale-bogo/

Coming July 2nd: B1G1 free on games $29.99 and under

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that anything below here might be out of date. To be honest, I have no idea if Blockbuster even takes games for trade-in any more!

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos, post any trade-in values you have obtained, and discuss new and used game selection and availability. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Blockbuster store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (BBVto Amazon to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from BBV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit will be placed onto your store account
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Depending on state law you may or may not get sales tax added to your trade-ins (and thus get more than normal). You will always be charged sales tax where applicable on purchases.

Current Trade-In Deals
There are no trade-in deals at this time nor have there been for a very very long time. They did however just recently cut down all their trade-in values to Gamestop-like levels (but without deals to make them more appealing as at GS).

Trade-In Values

Trade-in prices are usually universal at Blockbuster, but can be wildly different at franchise Blockbuster stores. Used game prices change on Monday. We are not currently sure when trade-in values get updated but a few years ago it used to be on Mondays. Any quotes given in this thread may thus be good through Sunday of the current week. If you want to be sure to get the same value another CAG has reported then do your trading by Sunday as the price may drop on Monday.

Also note that many stores will no longer accept video games without cover art. This is the official policy for DVD trade-ins but apparently many clerks will confuse the two and not allow it for games either. Just beware that it might be a hassle if you have a disc-only game to trade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Blockbuster/Gamerush Threads (dating back to June 2005!):
1 (by no means the first one but the earliest that can be found - check it out for some drama)
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, awesome price on Lego Star Wars III. Even with the retail price dropping to $19.99, it's hard to find any deals on it. GameStop sells it used for $18.99 ($17.10/PUR) and that's about as low as you'll find anywhere. IF you can find it, that is... most GS's sold out pretty fast.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']Price drops effective 9/19.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='strait edge follower']There is a copy of lego star wars 3 in my blockbuster. Im probibly going to get it now[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JUSTSULTAN']Me too![/QUOTE]

Too soon.

EDIT: My kids love the Lego series, so I will not wait for a BOGO for this title either. That is if I can find it.

Has anyone caught wind of when the next bogo would be? Im hoping for November....just gotta sit on my visa's until then.....so...much...temptation............

[quote name='hawaiiboy']FYI duke nukem tiv is $22 right now but gonna drop mon.[/QUOTE]

Appreciate it. I didn't see it earlier otherwise I would have already traded it in tonight. I actually found out when I went to the store tonight to use one of my many free $.99 rentals. They even gave me another free rental! lol

How about the TIV for Homefront on 360 if you get a chance. Thanks in advance :applause:

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Too soon.

EDIT: My kids love the Lego series, so I will not wait for a BOGO for this title either. That is if I can find it.[/QUOTE]

Don't take 'now' so literally. They mean 'now' as in 'as of the drop'. Me three, as well. Have been meaning to pick up a new copy at 20, might as well wait a couple days and try to find it used.

Hopefully I can find one locally. I haven't seen that many copies around so far, so I won't risk waiting for another BOGO.

[quote name='srr']Don't take 'now' so literally. They mean 'now' as in 'as of the drop'. Me three, as well. Have been meaning to pick up a new copy at 20, might as well wait a couple days and try to find it used.

Hopefully I can find one locally. I haven't seen that many copies around so far, so I won't risk waiting for another BOGO.[/QUOTE]

You know you can check the stock right? Google shopping.

Wii version shows in stock at

Blockbuster
614 Kingshighway, Rolla
(573) 364-4340
$29.99
In stock

Blockbuster
151 St. Robert Blvd. #1, St. Robert
(573) 336-3856

[quote name='srr']Don't take 'now' so literally. They mean 'now' as in 'as of the drop'. [/QUOTE]
Umm, how do you know what they mean? That is some keen interwebs skill you got there, cause I sure could not gleen that from some text.

I choose to think I prevented a premature attempted purchase.

I actually rented a video today for the first time in 3 years. They gave me so many free 99cents
coupons during the last b1g1. What's funny is I got another one with the rental. I saw a bunch of epic mickeys there today. I wish they were available last week.

[quote name='Toss']I actually rented a video today for the first time in 3 years. They gave me so many free 99cents
coupons during the last b1g1. What's funny is I got another one with the rental. I saw a bunch of epic mickeys there today. I wish they were available last week.[/QUOTE]

Heh, I was renting every day earlier this week as I had 6 or 7 coupons from the B1G1 sale. I actually have a few that expire the 18th that I won't use. But then I got more that go through the 25th. This is actually keeping me from getting the combo pass for now as I can find plenty of 99 cent things to rent for free in the mean time.

And man, that LSW III price is pretty nice. If I hadn't bought it at TRU during the B1G1 40% off (as it was at my store while it was 50% everywhere else - WTF?) I'd actually pay "full price" at BBV and get one now and not even wait for the next B1G1.

If they follow past patterns, the next B1G1 won't be until early December.

[quote name='Abeja']HB, is the DS version of Lego Star Wars 3 and Pirates the same? I think they were 20 each at one store.[/QUOTE]

LSW3 DS was definitely $19.99. I considered picking it up during the last b1g1. In for the Wii and DS versions of LSW3 (assuming the DS version drops).

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']I'm definitely up for the Sports Champions on Monday. I'm surprised it wasn't one of the $9.99 games at GS. Oh well, BBV gets my money on that one plus LSW:III.[/QUOTE]

In for 1 LSW III if I can find it. I bought Sports Champions during the last day of the last B1G1. My local store has 4 used copies left. It shouldn't be too hard to find one of those.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']In for 1 LSW III if I can find it. I bought Sports Champions during the last day of the last B1G1. My local store has 4 used copies left. It shouldn't be too hard to find one of those.[/QUOTE]

Yeah only 2 xbox copies near me so I might have to trade around to get a PS3 copy, otherwise I have to drive an hour. Well I didn't have a Move setup yet, so now is the time to get it :)

[quote name='JUSTSULTAN']Has anyone caught wind of when the next bogo would be? Im hoping for November....just gotta sit on my visa's until then.....so...much...temptation............[/QUOTE]Last couple years there was a BOGO on Thanksgiving/Black Friday, maybe the weekend.

Thanks for the list HB!

[quote name='xewndar1']can anyone tell me the current prices for Crysis 2 PS3 and Portal 2 PS3??? Seems they never drop in price[/QUOTE]

I believe 29.99 and 24.99 respectively.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']I choose to think I prevented a premature attempted purchase.[/QUOTE]

Sure.:applause:

HB - thanks, as always, for the info.

As of today my closest store has a copy for the 360, so hopefully it will still be around late tomorrow. (Lurking this thread for a long time, I was aware Google Shopping option, but since I'll be working until pretty late tomorrow, it is more a matter of who else in the area is awaiting the drop)

I love the Lego games, and this is just an awesome price point.

when exactly does this end, this deal dead yet? I might have to hold out until the next BBV, seems to be nothing good lately

[quote name='likeme']LSW3 was still 29.99 for wii and 360 as of this morning[/QUOTE]

Thats what im afraid of.I had to literally pester my closest store to do the damn price drops...Im going to wait til this evening and hope a manager accepts the new prices.

Just bought Lego star wars 3 for 360. I had to ask the manager to accept price changes. My copy is complete and in great shape. I'm really happy I didn't pay 19.99 new.

The great part is it only cost me .59 cents out of pocket because I had $10 credit sitting on my account. I wish I could say I planned that out but it just happened to work out that way (from trading move heroes after BB TIV tanked).

Thanks again to Hawaiiboy or I wouldn't have gotten in on this deal. I doubt I'll find LSW3 cheaper anytime soon.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Just bought Lego star wars 3 for 360. I had to ask the manager to accept price changes. My copy is complete and in great shape. I'm really happy I didn't pay 19.99 new.

The great part is it only cost me .59 cents out of pocket because I had $10 credit sitting on my account. I wish I could say I planned that out but it just happened to work out that way (from trading move heroes after BB TIV tanked).

Thanks again to Hawaiiboy or I wouldn't have gotten in on this deal. I doubt I'll find LSW3 cheaper anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

How much is Move Heroes worth there?

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']How much is Move Heroes worth there?[/QUOTE]

Traded in for $10 at BBV last week. Thats where I got the $10 credit from.

I tried to trade it at Best Buy while the BB website said $15 TIV. Even though the website TIV was $15, the in-store TIV was like $6. So I had to trade it into BBV for $10 because Gamestop wont return new opened merchandise.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Traded in for $10 at BBV last week. Thats where I got the $10 credit from.

I tried to trade it at Best Buy while the BB website said $15 TIV. Even though the website TIV was $15, the in-store TIV was like $6. So I had to trade it into BBV for $10 because Gamestop wont return new opened merchandise.[/QUOTE]

Might buy a copy from Best Buy price matched to GS so I can move a few dollars to BBV.

[quote name='kouleefoh']anybody has experience with midnight release? What time should we show up? midnight? or are we supposed to come and line up ahead of time?[/QUOTE]

BBV is having a midnight release for Gears of War 3? Craziness!

Anybody trade a copy of Hunted for 360 today? Was just wondering if it held its $22 trade value or not. Have a copy I plan to trade tomorrow and pick up Lego Star Wars 3.

[quote name='JediJames2']Anybody trade a copy of Hunted for 360 today? Was just wondering if it held its $22 trade value or not. Have a copy I plan to trade tomorrow and pick up Lego Star Wars 3.[/QUOTE]

I might go ask shortly. LSW3 prices finally updated.

Anyone having trouble with their instore pass? I have Captain America Super Soldier out right now and I've gotten an e-mail reminder and a voice message telling me that my account will be charged if I don't return it this week. I called my BBV twice and they told me their system is messed up, and I believe them, but I don't want any holds on my account.

[quote name='JediJames2']Anybody trade a copy of Hunted for 360 today? Was just wondering if it held its $22 trade value or not. Have a copy I plan to trade tomorrow and pick up Lego Star Wars 3.[/QUOTE]

I would like to know this as well. Same goes for Brink.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']BBV is having a midnight release for Gears of War 3? Craziness![/QUOTE]

I went to the BBV midnight release of GTA4. I got there at 11:55pm and there were like 3 people ahead of me in line.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I went to the BBV midnight release of GTA4. I got there at 11:55pm and there were like 3 people ahead of me in line.[/QUOTE]

At least you weren't the only person. I just don't see the point if you don't have a lot of people and something fun to do. Especially on a week night, rather it be on a weekend.

I did sucessfully yesterday, and brink for 17.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I went to the BBV midnight release of GTA4. I got there at 11:55pm and there were like 3 people ahead of me in line.[/QUOTE]
I went to the midnight release of GTA IV at Wally World. There was a line of people waiting in electronics and a bunch of them wanted the Special Editions, of which they only got FOUR in. My friend who was in front of me got one for 360 and I got one for PS3. It helps that we went there around 10-10:30pm and asked when they'd bring out the new releases for that day and we were the first ones in line when they brought them out.;)

What I found funniest was that Gamestop pulled that usual 'if you didn't pre-order you'll never find it' garbage regarding the SE's.:roll:

Funnier still was that I found about FOUR of those when Blockbuster initially clearanced out new/sealed games a few years ago for $29.99 each.:razz:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I went to the midnight release of GTA IV at Wally World. There was a line of people waiting in electronics and a bunch of them wanted the Special Editions, of which they only got FOUR in. My friend who was in front of me got one for 360 and I got one for PS3. It helps that we went there around 10-10:30pm and asked when they'd bring out the new releases for that day and we were the first ones in line when they brought them out.;)

What I found funniest was that Gamestop pulled that usual 'if you didn't pre-order you'll never find it' garbage regarding the SE's.:roll:

Funnier still was that I found about FOUR of those when Blockbuster initially clearanced out new/sealed games a few years ago for $29.99 each.:razz:[/QUOTE]

There was about 50 people or so at my local GS. Ahhh! Yes the classic GS selling technique.

I picked up modern warfare 2 at a BBV midnight release. There was about 15 guys there waiting. of course it has the benefit of being the only video game place for 5 miles and even farther if they come from up north. was nice because the manager actually kept the store open till midnight and let us play it on the in-store ps3 system. he held like a impromptu tourney that actually had everyone participating

bread's done
Back